My Vegetable Bhajis Recipe

Candygirl69uk

Starvin Marvin
Veg Bhaji recipe Free on EE
Not sure about green or red as I don't do them, but this is a recipe I adapted from an old green recipe I've been making for years, I just keep tweaking it.

1/2 onion chopped
2 or 3 cauliflower florets chopped in to small peices
spinach leaves chopped roughly
60g instant mash powder
2 tbsp homemade hummus or 2 tbsp chickpeas mashed up with 1 tbsp 0% yogurt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp salt
clove of garlic mashed
good pinch of ground black pepper

Pop the cauli and onions in a pan with some water and cook until the onions are softened but the cauli still has some 'bite' to it, you don't want it mushy.

Add the spices, garlic and seasoning to a dish with the instant mash and add enough boiling water to make a stiff consistancy, then mix in the hummus or chickpeas and yogurt.

Strain the veg, add the spinach and then mix them with the mash, you might need to get messy and get your hands in the bowl :)

Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions then roll into balls and flatten into patties. I found dipping my hands into a dish of water each time stopped the mixture sticking to me.

Pop them on a tray liberally sprayed with Frylight into a preheated oven at about 200C for about 40 mins or you could chuck them in a frying pan, I usually turn them half way through cooking, they will go a lovely golden brown colour.

I find they taste better when they have cooled down a bit, plus they're bloomin hot when they come out of the oven. Will be having these for dinner as an accompaniment to go with our byriani(if I can leave them alone long enough!).

They are great for lunch boxes and do freeze, you can use any spices and veg.

786B8BBE-orig.jpg
8489157C-orig.jpg

Candygirl69uk said:
Veg Bhaji recipe Free on EE
Not sure about green or red as I don't do them, but this is a recipe I adapted from an old green recipe I've been making for years, I just keep tweaking it.

1/2 onion chopped
2 or 3 cauliflower florets chopped in to small peices
spinach leaves chopped roughly
60g instant mash powder
2 tbsp homemade hummus or 2 tbsp chickpeas mashed up with 1 tbsp 0% yogurt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp salt
clove of garlic mashed
good pinch of ground black pepper

Pop the cauli and onions in a pan with some water and cook until the onions are softened but the cauli still has some 'bite' to it, you don't want it mushy.

Add the spices, garlic and seasoning to a dish with the instant mash and add enough boiling water to make a stiff consistancy, then mix in the hummus or chickpeas and yogurt.

Strain the veg, add the spinach and then mix them with the mash, you might need to get messy and get your hands in the bowl :)

Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions then roll into balls and flatten into patties. I found dipping my hands into a dish of water each time stopped the mixture sticking to me.

Pop them on a tray liberally sprayed with Frylight into a preheated oven at about 200C for about 40 mins or you could chuck them in a frying pan, I usually turn them half way through cooking, they will go a lovely golden brown colour.

I find they taste better when they have cooled down a bit, plus they're bloomin hot when they come out of the oven. Will be having these for dinner as an accompaniment to go with our byriani(if I can leave them alone long enough!).

They are great for lunch boxes and do freeze, you can use any spices and veg.

It would be free on green aswell, and if you could make it with a HEb of houmous it may be able to be free on original

Just had them with a lamb byriani, raita and tomato and onion salad, it was gorgeous, I'm so full now. I 'was' going to freeze some of them for another day but there are none left :eek:

The byriani was from the Extra Easy Meals in Minutes, it was lovely, the only thing I would do different is tweak the spices. and I used less lamb and added some chopped cauli and onions, I also added 1/2 block of Raj frozen minced garlic and 1/2 block of frozen minced ginger and used a medium curry powder instead of mild. I think if I hadn't it would have been bland. It was very tasty and smelled very divine while it was cooking.

They look delicious. We eat loads of curries so they'll go very nicely. I dd the biryani then other day and made it spicier than in the recipe and that was very good. Hubby said that I could do it again :) . Thanks x

Thank you Jane, yes the byriani definitely needs more spice, otherwise it would be a bit bland. I have the Healthy Indian Cooking for diabetes, it's a diabetes UK cook book, I compared the recipes as there is a chicken byriani in that and the chicken one had more spices so I chuck more into my lamb byriani :)

Back