My weight loss and confidence gain journey

Seventh week weigh-in

My weight today is 78.6 kgs (172.9 lbs). A loss of 0.6 kgs (1.3 lbs). I am lucky I lost any weight at all this week.

This was a very very bad week for me. Very good in some ways. Have been going through a lot of stress and had sleepless nights one after the other. And then I got some wonderful news, and ended up celebrating the wonderful news with some even more wonderful champagne. Oh the wonderful taste of alcohol. I had missed it so. I don’t drink that often, but I do enjoy my drinks. The one evening of celebration turned into a week of low control. Yesterday, I was very peckish all day. I tried to control myself and it helped that I haven’t been stocking any food at home. Or so I thought. The cravings won the battle, and I had an ENTIRE tin of corned beef that was lying untouched these past few months. I know, I know. I have been bad. But I will get right back on the wagon, starting today. I cannot cannot undo weeks of hard work this way.

Here’s to falling and getting up, and keep walking!

Hey Obs,

Well done in the loss. Moving in the right direction. Unlike me who gained 2lbs!!!

A little champagne to celebrate is nothing when you think how far you've come. On to next week and another loss!

Jx

Obs it will probably give your body a much needed metabolism boost. So long as you climb back on it should come off and some my advice is don't weigh until you have done four days of 100% then check the scales otherwise you may see a gain and start to beat yourself up xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Obs it will probably give your body a much needed metabolism boost. So long as you climb back on it should come off and some my advice is don't weigh until you have done four days of 100% then check the scales otherwise you may see a gain and start to beat yourself up xx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I agree. Alcohol does strange things to your weight and the water retention does take a good few days to go. As you say mel, best to avoid the scales rather than get downhearted about a "fake" gain.

Jx

Obs it will probably give your body a much needed metabolism boost. So long as you climb back on it should come off and some my advice is don't weigh until you have done four days of 100% then check the scales otherwise you may see a gain and start to beat yourself up xx

I don't know about a boost. The one evening of indiscretion led to two weeks of misbehaving. Have managed to maintain my weight but no loss. Have to get back to it seriously. I am stepping up to phase 2. The good thing is that I plan to start exercising. Let's hope the weight starts moving again in a few weeks.

I agree. Alcohol does strange things to your weight and the water retention does take a good few days to go. As you say mel, best to avoid the scales rather than get downhearted about a "fake" gain.

Jx

Not only did I avoid the scales Julie, I ended up avoiding the diet as well. Not good, not good. I plan to get back seriously now. I am also planning to quit smoking end of this month and that is also making me nervous. I had stayed off cigarettes for almost three years and restarted two years back. Don't ask me why! The last time I quit smoking I put on around 10 lbs. i am hoping to control that this time. So I don't expect any loss. I have reconciled myself to that, as long as I don't put on any more weight. Wish me luck. :)

Week Eight weigh-in

My weight today is 78.9 kgs (173.5 lbs). That is a 0.66 lbs gain over last week. What can I say? I expected this. I really have found it hard to stick to the diet this week. I haven't had any of the bad carbs like rice, breads or potatoes. No alcohol either. But I have been eating a lot of packaged tinned meats, which I know is bad for me. Not to mention that they are high on salt content. So a little part inside of me is hoping that there is some water retention. I am also going to get my periods any day, so maybe that also could be a reason. But the truth is that I have cheated badly this week. And there's no lying about that.
This week I move on to phase 2. I think I also got bored of the restrictive diet. So perhaps, now that I am allowed a meal, I will find it easier to stick to the diet. I really really need to do this.
The best part of this past week is that I have been receiving a lot of compliments. The weight loss is finally noticeable to others. It's always great to get compliments but I should not let that make me complacent. I have a long long way to go.

Hey Obs, 0.6 lbs is not the end of the world .... Especially when your period is due and you'll have water retention. Your period being due is probably also why you were eating! Totally recoverable in this coming week!

Exciting to be stepping up! You'll have a meal to look forward to every night. Are you a good cook??

You've made me feel guilty about smoking! I need to stop too. Actually it's partly why I am here. I stopped last year and gained 1.5 st!!! So I came here to shift that and more. I am going to tackle one mountain at a time. Get the weight and eating under control then tackle smoking again.

Good luck for this coming week. I know you can get your head in the game, especially with a meal to look forward to each day!

Jx

Obs!!!! I feel your pain I have had two weeks like that so I can sympathise. I am however happy to keep my gain unknown til I have at least had four days back on 100%. I loved smoking! Lucky for me my husband detests it so I am happy just to have a crafty one occasionally lol and I still love the odd one but very grateful it no longer has the hold that it used too. Don't be too hard on yourself chick just focus on tomorrow xx

Day 0: Here I go again

My weight has been a life-long struggle. Those who have read my earlier entries know that I haven't been at a healthy weight all my adult life (and I doubt whether I have ever really been at a healthy weight.) This time I am determined to get there. My target date is my birthday, October 2. That gives me around four and half months to lose 10 kgs (22 lbs). Definitely doable on this diet, eh?
I did phase 1 from end of Jan for about two months and managed to lose around 20 lbs. Slow I know, but my body is stubborn. For the past couple of months I have been unable to really follow any sort of diet because my life has been going through some drastic changes including a new job. Thankfully, I haven't put on any weight in these two months and now I am ready to get back. I plan to do phase 1 for a month and then move up.

So, here's setting my new targets:

Current weight: 78 kgs
Target 1: 75 kgs (June 1?)
Target 2: 70 kgs (July 1?)
Bulls-eye: 68 kgs (Aug 1?)

So close, I can literally taste it.

Hey Obs, 0.6 lbs is not the end of the world .... Especially when your period is due and you'll have water retention. Your period being due is probably also why you were eating! Totally recoverable in this coming week!

Exciting to be stepping up! You'll have a meal to look forward to every night. Are you a good cook??

You've made me feel guilty about smoking! I need to stop too. Actually it's partly why I am here. I stopped last year and gained 1.5 st!!! So I came here to shift that and more. I am going to tackle one mountain at a time. Get the weight and eating under control then tackle smoking again.

Good luck for this coming week. I know you can get your head in the game, especially with a meal to look forward to each day!

Jx

I'm back, I'm back. I can't believe how excited I am. Though I am not looking forward to the first few days. Hunger pangs and headaches. Lunch time is far away and my stomach is already growling.

My weight has been a life-long struggle. Those who have read my earlier entries know that I haven't been at a healthy weight all my adult life (and I doubt whether I have ever really been at a healthy weight.) This time I am determined to get there. My target date is my birthday, October 2. That gives me around four and half months to lose 10 kgs (22 lbs). Definitely doable on this diet, eh?
I did phase 1 from end of Jan for about two months and managed to lose around 20 lbs. Slow I know, but my body is stubborn. For the past couple of months I have been unable to really follow any sort of diet because my life has been going through some drastic changes including a new job. Thankfully, I haven't put on any weight in these two months and now I am ready to get back. I plan to do phase 1 for a month and then move up.

So, here's setting my new targets:

Current weight: 78 kgs
Target 1: 75 kgs (June 1?)
Target 2: 70 kgs (July 1?)
Bulls-eye: 68 kgs (Aug 1?)

So close, I can literally taste it.

Yay! I can feel your determination! You know you can do this and you know you are going to feel amazing when it's done. I was going to say 'good luck' but luck has nothing to do with it! You've already done half the job, you're doing it, so you don't need luck. Let's just keep doing it!!

Day 2

So far, so good. No hunger headaches yet. Yesterday wasn't bad. I shall keep my fingers crossed. I am expecting it to be harder the second time around, but it is kinda nice not to have to bother about planning meals. When I am eating normally, or as normal as my conscience allows, I start thinking about my next meal even before I finish the current one. What a glutton I can be! So it is nice that I can't do that on this diet. I'm sure I put on a few lbs of weight just with all the thinking about food. Another couple of days to ketosis and I shall be set. Here I go.

Good luck on your journey! Just take it one step at a time I'm sure you'll do great :)

So far, so good. No hunger headaches yet. Yesterday wasn't bad. I shall keep my fingers crossed. I am expecting it to be harder the second time around, but it is kinda nice not to have to bother about planning meals. When I am eating normally, or as normal as my conscience allows, I start thinking about my next meal even before I finish the current one. What a glutton I can be! So it is nice that I can't do that on this diet. I'm sure I put on a few lbs of weight just with all the thinking about food. Another couple of days to ketosis and I shall be set. Here I go.

Good to see your head's in the game Obs. I actually think you might be ok getting into ketosis this time around because you have been careful about carbs. the diet generally is hard, so that will be the same I'm sure. But as you say, there are upsides .... no cooking, no planning, in control, simple. A week and you'll be back in the swing of it!

Day 4: I'm easy like Sunday morning

Weight: 76.9 kgs (169 lbs)
I was expecting it to be much harder the second time around, especially after a break of two months where I have allowed myself to eat pretty much everything (in moderation, in most occasions). But, actually I am finding it easier than the first time. The white tongue is not disgusting me as it did the first time round. I am yet to experience the weakness of the first few days or the cold. I wonder if I am ketosis, but I must be. I should do the keto test tomorrow to be sure. I am actually feeling pretty good. The weight loss hasn't been significant thought. Only 1.1 kgs (2.4 lbs) as compared to the 1.8 kgs (3.9 lbs). The first few days are typically water weight and glycogen stored in the liver, so it really doesn't count. I just hope that I see a steadier decrease in the following weeks.

Good luck on your journey! Just take it one step at a time I'm sure you'll do great :)

Thanks for stopping by Stephy. One step at a time really is the way to go. And every step counts. Good luck to you too!

Good to see your head's in the game Obs. I actually think you might be ok getting into ketosis this time around because you have been careful about carbs. the diet generally is hard, so that will be the same I'm sure. But as you say, there are upsides .... no cooking, no planning, in control, simple. A week and you'll be back in the swing of it!

Ha ha. I am already swinging Julie. I am wondering though whether I will see steady weight loss this time around. It was good to note that you have steadily lost weight whenever you've been on the diet 100%. Are you planning to go 100% of SS all the way to your desired weight? I am planning to stop after a month and then exercise for the last 5-6 kgs. Am not sure whether that's a good idea, but I know from past experience that I start losing interest in the diet after a month and then start cheating in any case.

Ha ha. I am already swinging Julie. I am wondering though whether I will see steady weight loss this time around. It was good to note that you have steadily lost weight whenever you've been on the diet 100%. Are you planning to go 100% of SS all the way to your desired weight? I am planning to stop after a month and then exercise for the last 5-6 kgs. Am not sure whether that's a good idea, but I know from past experience that I start losing interest in the diet after a month and then start cheating in any case.

Hi Obs, I am planning to go back to SS after my weekend away this weekend. I am hoping that I can do another 10lbs by my birthday in June before my next weekend away. After that I will do another week of SS to recover from my birthday weekend. So hoping to be at goal by end of June then move to step 3. Maintain at step 3 for a month or two then step 4 and onwards.

I have been doing step 2 at points throughout my journey anyway having perhaps 1 or 2 step 2 meals per week. I feel that has helped me stay on track. Rather than have a complete blow out, I would have some chicken and veg. I could probably have lost another half lb per week if I has skipped the odd meal, but it's not been a big deal for me.

That's the plan at the moment, but I will see how it goes. Life and your body sometimes get in the way.

Missed you Obs sorry I have has a break honey I'm so glad everyone is still here xx

Back