My weight loss diary on Xenical! :)

Hi. Rosie , what is xenical?

Hi there :)

Orlistat, also know as Xenical, is a diet pill that your doctor can prescribe to you if your BMI is over 30. You take it 3 times a day with your meals and it absorbs 1 3rd (1/3) of the fat that you eat. You get best results if you stick to the rules of eating 15g of fat per meal and eating foods which are less than 5g of fat per 100g of the product. If it sounds like something you want to try then talk to your doctor about it :)

Today has been a good day food and exercise wise :D

Today's meals:

Breakfast - 1 weetabix
- 160ml of semi-skimmed milk
1 banana

Lunch - 1 baked egg
- 40g of cheese
- 1tbs of semi-skimmed milk
- 2 slices of wholemeal toast
- Some butter

Dinner - Plate of pasta
- 250g of mushroom pasta sauce
- 50g of cheese

Exercise:

- 1 hour and 12 minutes on the step machine

Lol I love cheese but I hardly ever use to buy it but recently I've been buying a small 250g block once a fortnight and Xenical is fine with it luckily :) I've noticed if I have fried foods like fried eggs etc, that is when I get side effects, that's why I'm just making eggs in any other ways because I love eggs loads lol and I am limiting any fried foods as much as I can.

How're you getting on hun? You're so so close to your goal weight! :) xx

Lol I love cheese but I hardly ever use to buy it but recently I've been buying a small 250g block once a fortnight and Xenical is fine with it luckily :) I've noticed if I have fried foods like fried eggs etc, that is when I get side effects, that's why I'm just making eggs in any other ways because I love eggs loads lol and I am limiting any fried foods as much as I can.

How're you getting on hun? You're so so close to your goal weight! :) xx

That's great! Have you tried eggs fried with fry light?

Yeah I'm ok, I got 5.5lbs from goal then lost the plot sadly & gained some back... Am now trying the 5:2 diet to get to goal

I brought it once but it was still giving me side effects so just avoiding frying in general now lol.

Aww hun don't feel too bad about it, everyone has bad moments but at least you've kept going on :) I am also trying out the 5:2 diet. My last fast days were Sunday and Monday but going to change them and stick with Monday and Wednesday, because I weigh in on Thursday's and I've read it's good to have 1 of your fast days the day before you weigh in. It will also help me in other ways because I get paid on Wednesday's fortnightly and normally I get a naughty breakfast as a treat so if I have Wednesday's as my fast day I'll stick to 500 calories, instead of getting a 500 calorie breakfast lol! It'll be really difficult on my payday's though and I'll probably say to myself "why did I do this to myself?" but it needs to be done! It'll also save me money. I'm going to buy a fruit salad instead, only about 65 calories per 100g in that :) I love fruit so it'll be a nice change.

Good luck to you hun on losing the last of your lbs :) xx

I'm really loving the step machine! :D It's a great workout for me and I've been using it everyday since Wednesday, I am now using it at a faster pace and sweating more :) I've also decided I'm going to start the 30 day shred on Monday. I've been wanting to do it before but never actually got up and done it lol. I know everyone's different so everyone gets different results from it, but I would like to lose a few inches from my waist and hips in the next month and if I get good results I will keep doing it :)

Today's meals:

Breakfast - 1 weetabix
- 180ml of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 banana

Lunch - 1 bowl of homemade tomato soup
- 2 slices of bread with some butter

Dinner - Homemade roasted vegetable couscous

Exercise:

- 1 hour on the step machine

Last edited:
Today's meals:

Breakfast - 1 sachet of Golden Syrup Porridge
- 180ml of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 banana

Lunch - 1 plate of roasted vegetable couscous

Dinner - Homemade tuna pasta bake

Exercise:

- 1 hour and 42 minutes on the step machine (Split into 3 sessions)

Total hours of exercise since Wednesday = 5 hours and 26 minutes

Total calories burnt since Wednesday = 2826

I am feeling really proud of myself :) 1st day of Level 1 30 Day Shred done :D It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be for my 1st day but I know it's going to get more difficult. I was sweating loads lol but the 30 minutes went by really quickly. I feel fine after my workout :)

I am only expecting a minimum 1lb loss on Thursday on the scales because of all the exercise I've been doing.

I am quite sure that the cause of my 3.8lb loss last Thursday was because of the 5:2 diet and exercise :) My last fast days were Sunday the 24th and Monday the 25th of March and then I weighed in on Thursday.

My fast days are now Monday and Wednesday and I'm going to stick with that. So today is a fast day, I didn't really have much to eat that was low calories because when I last did my shopping I forgot that I was going to start the 5:2 diet lol

Today's fast day meals:

Breakfast - 4 ryvita cracker breads with a thin spread of jam on

Lunch - 2 small oranges (100g)
- 2 ryvita cracker breads with jam

Dinner - 2 potato waffles
- Quarter of a tin of baked beans

Total calories 497

Exercise:

- 1 hour and 22 minutes on the step machine
- Day 1 Level 1 of 30 day shred

Last edited:
I am really feeling the pain in my legs today! I didn't do as long as I wanted on the step machine today because of my legs hurting but I still did Day 2 of 30DS :) It was easier than yesterday and over before I knew it :)

Today's meals:

Breakfast - Half a bowl of Swiss style muesli
- 160ml of semi-skimmed milk

Lunch - 2 slices of cheese on toast (20g of grated cheese)
- Quarter of a tin of baked beans

Dinner - Homemade sweet and sour pork
- Plate of white rice

Exercise:

- 38 minutes on the step machine
- Day 2 Level 1 of 30 day shred

Day 3 of 30DS done! My legs and ankles hurt so much!! :( I might need to have a day or 2 break but will see how I feel tomorrow.

Fast day today and weigh in tomorrow morning :) It's weird that I haven't felt hungry on my fast days yet lol.

Today's fast day meals:

Breakfast - 1 ryvita cracker bread with a thin spread of jam
- 2 clementines

Lunch - 1 ryvita cracker bread with a thin spread of jam
- 2 clementines

Dinner - 2 potato waffles
- Half a tin of baked beans
- 1tbsp of tomato ketchup

Total calories 503

Exercise:

- 41 minutes on the step machine
- Day 3 Level 1 of 30 day shred

My legs this morning are feeling so much better after resting them so will definitely be doing day 4 of 30DS later!

WEIGH IN! :D

I've lost 2.8lbs since last Thursday :D Yeay yeay, so happy with that!

Day 6 of 30DS done! Even after I've completed 30 days I am still going to do the workout about 6 times a week to get myself into shape and to keep in shape. It's a great workout for me.

Food has been good for a while now :) Fast day tomorrow and Wednesday. I've also been using the step machine during the day.

Sounds like you are doing really well.

I have got the 30DS, I did it for 2 days in a row and I ached in places i never knew could ache! I haven been really bad with my exercise lately and really need to get my bum moving!

Sounds like you are doing really well.

I have got the 30DS, I did it for 2 days in a row and I ached in places i never knew could ache! I haven been really bad with my exercise lately and really need to get my bum moving!

Thank you Sarah :)

I just do it on Youtube, there's no point for me to buy the DVD lol. The beginning is tough but once you keep doing it it gets easier and easier because it becomes part of your daily routine :) There's nothing wrong with having a day or 2 off for your body to rest, even Jillian says to rest if you're aching to prevent injuries. Good luck with starting the exercise again. You'll feel better for it knowing you're doing all you can :) xx

I have Jillian as my avatar on my fitness pal, the plan was that she would motivate me every time I log in..... Still doesn't stop me from eating naughtiness though!

Maybe I Should imagine her shouting at me.... That might help. Lol.

Fast day today. It's payday so I normally get a BLT baguette and orange juice but because it's my fast day I got a fruit salad for myself, it was nice but it was really hard not to get my normal treat meal!

Fast meals today:

Breakfast - Fruit salad

Lunch - 2 slices of fruit and fibre toast
- 15g of golden shred marmalade

Dinner - Tamarind chicken with tomato and mint salad

Total calories 511.

Exercise:

- Day 8 of 30DS done :) I had another rest day yesterday to let my body rest

Weigh in day tomorrow! :D

Back