My weight loss diary...

Born to try

Hello,

My name is Lynn and I weigh a lot!! Lol. I have tried every diet under the sun, and have just finished a brief stint on cambridge which made me hungry, depressed and have tiny rabbit dropping type poops (sorry if that was a bit too much info!).

Anyway, now I have got that out of my system (Never again!) I have decided to return to WW and take the long route to a healthy weight but one I don't feel like I'm dying on! WW has always been the diet that feels the least like a diet as I can have what I want just in smaller quantities! SW doesn't work for me because when I don't learn portion sizes and inevitably my losses dry up. I think for the same reason I am going to stick to points for the forseeable future as core would have the same problems for me...

I started WW on sunday weighing a horrific 19 stone 3 lbs...

I will stay on this diet. I will lose weight... grrrrr

Anyway, I'm not going to tell you about my last few days...except to say I have stuck to my 27 points and started to use my wiifit more.

So...Today! I am a midwife but I am on holiday so my daily routine is somewhat
mangled..

Anyway - woke up about 11am. hungry! Had 2 slices of toast (50/50 crustless) with scrapes of low fat marge... 2 points

Had lunch about 12.45 as I was still hungry... (I won't tell you how many snacks I would have eaten pre-diet lol) anyway had a lovely jacket potato with ww ham and a bit of cheese. This served with some salad.. nobody can call me a salad-dodger anymore... I will turn into a vegetable if I have anymore! This added up to 6.5 points...

Have just had a small teatime meal (I have found having two low point meals in the evening keeps me going more than one main dinner... I made a lovely omlette with ww ham. Made the omlette using 1 whole egg and 2 whites (found it tastes the same as a 'normal' omlette as I don't like purely egg white omlettes. This was 3 points (had a sprinkle of cheese grilled onto it) and again served with lots of salad!

mmm... don't know what to have for dinner... god my life revolves around food - however at least now it is the healthier kind! Oh somewhere in there I had a bag of walkers baked for 1.5 points.

So there we have it - 13 points down. As I had 3 extra points yesterday - bad day! I have 11 left to satisfy me for the rest of the day!

Anyway - If you made it through all that rambling... thanks :D

And we're off......

You will do it this time :D We'll do it together and keep each other on the straight and narrow path to slimdom! x

End of day 3

So the end of another weight watching day... my dinner points were used on:

Dinner:
2 x low fat sausages 2.5pts
ww mash (.5 portion) 1.5pts
Lots of veg

Funsize twix 2pts
Tiny WW cupcake 1.5pts

Earlier on 1.5pts was also 'spent' on a caramel bar.

So that's it - 2 points left. I've had a few treats today. Does anyone know how many you can spend on treats per day??

This diet isn't terrible.... :rolleyes:

as many as you have, theoretically.. however it depends on your body's capability to process those - i find that if i have 2 points weeks (both staying within points) and one is full of junk and the other isnt, there is a significant difference in my weight loss.. i really crave sweet things now and again so i still have them but in lesser quantities..

i assume you and PP know each other then? good luck to you in your first week - you seem to be doing really well so far :) once week 1 is over you tend to slip into the WW habit of making conscious decisions about your food, and you will find that you think less about food after a while.. xxx

Thanks for the reply. PP is actually my gf :D
Im trying to keep the treat points down but I seem like I have a lot of points! :rolleyes:

Hi and welcome - good luck with the weight loss; we're all in the same boat and here to support each other. Figured you knew PP from your comment on her thread about her avatar. Which one's her and which is you then?

Thank you for your welcome :)

PP is the one on the right (blonde) and I'm the one peeping in from the left. Our dappy friend is in the middle :)

Thanks for the reply. PP is actually my gf :D
Im trying to keep the treat points down but I seem like I have a lot of points! :rolleyes:

i think its great you're both on here and both supporting each other.. its amazing what having friends / relations in the same boat can do for you :) hope you're doing okay today xxx

Day 4... not the best

so... day 4 has come and nearly gone. as pp mentioned our tiny dogs have been terrorised by fireworks and my eardrums are ringing from the noise of barking...:(

day 4 has not been great for me... then again it was better than day 4 on cambridge, when I was literally considering eating my own leg...ok I would have broken the diet but would weigh considerably less with only one leg... it is this mentality which made me decide coming off cd and going onto a diet involving food may be a good idea :rolleyes:

So breakfast on day 4 was... well it was a bag of crisps :( they were walkers baked so not that bad, but still demonstrative of my bad eating habits. Still I guess 4 days isn't going to cure my problem!:p

Anyway the morning and early afternoon passed with 2 satsumas and a cereal bar. This altogether came to 3.5pts. Bargain - if not particularly healthy :(

Lunch was a rather nice ww ham and cheese (little bit) omlette with salad and 4 finn crisps.. a respectable 7pts... making my running total 10.5...

squeezed in a fun size twix (why the bleedin hell are they called fun when they are smaller than normal... thats not fun - it's mean!) 2 pts.

Went shopping to try and gather some more healthy food (came out with a new hoover :confused: don't ask.. the missus needs her little treats :p lol) and then had a rather delicious dinner of quorn burgers in min wholewheat pitta breads with a bit of cheese and salad. Was yum. Came to 7.5pts

couple more satsumas and a small chocolate thing to ease the nerves which have been well and truly tried today which came to another 2.

So... that's it so far. 22 pts down... feel the need to stuff myself stupid but I'm fighting the desire...

well tomorrow is day 5 - surely that deserves a treat..lol :p

find something to do! seriously, the feeling passes - by tomorrow morning im sure you wont feel the need to stuff yourself. And hey, i still have crisps for breakfast.. walkers baked are nice too - really like the salt and vinegar ones - yummy :D

and satsumas are healthy! and cereal bar is better than chocolate bar :D

keep going you can do it! xxx

It actually sounds like you are doing very well so don't knock yourself too much. Get used to staying within points and then look at whether or not your diet is healthy enough. One step at a time my dear.

LOL @ the leg-eating comment though x

Day 5

Hello!

Well... I made it through yesterday...went slightly over my points (borrowed from today...;)) by having a wispa bar... they are my weakness.. damn cadburys for bringing them back.

Anyway...

today..

breakfast.. 2 slices of 50/50 crustless toast with a scrape of low fat ;)marg - 2pts.. with 1 slice of cheese - 3pts total

mid-morning snack.. 2 satsumas; packet of frazzles; mini wholewheat pitta - 2.5pts

Lunch.. egg white omlette with ham, cheese and mushroom, served with salad - 2.5 pts

snack of fun (still not fun) sized twix and 2 x flatbread things - 4pts

Got to plan dinner now. Was recently horrified to learn that pepperoni passion dominoes pizza (lrg) is like 50 pts... ever since learning this however I have been dreaming of said delight.... does anyone know how much pepperoni is?? Might get some and make my own little pitta pizza... I'll have to look it up!

Anyway - hope everyone is well. Thanks for your advice and support - feels warm and fuzzy :D

xxxxxxxx

i think 2 thin slices is half a point.. would double check but its high - all salami's are as they are pretty much all fat..

I feared as much - lol

oh well... have to save it for a good day!

if you're having dominos, invite people round and share it - have a big bowl of salad and maybe have 2 slices.. then if people are sharing cost you feel guilty if you have too much and the salad looks better than usual :D i do that when people order pizza as i always vote chinese or fish and chips but i generally lose and its indian or pizza :( ah well!

btw.. can i just ask, are you sat next to each other on seperate laptops/computers haha? :D

hello - sounds like your doing really well for week 1 :)
look forward to seeing your result on your wi day :)

My favourite pizza :( I used to have half a large with 3 garlic and herb dips (3 each!), plus sides and brownies :p

A slice of medium is 4 points, so you can have a few slices. I just realised that it's double pepperoni and double mozzarella. It would be worth getting a cheese and tomato and add a single portion of pepperoni on.

Finish of day 5

So had 12 points so far...

Had a nice tea of 2 x mini pitta (2pts) with lean mince, stir fried with vegetable and tomato and basil sauce with a bit of cheese. came to 6.5pts and was delicious.. I'm quite proud of myself as I was following my usual self destructive behaviour of not being bothered to cook and munching but I made myself make food and really enjoyed it.

anyway - had an aero dessert thing for 2.5pts and a packet of frazzles 1pt.

So total so far 22pts.

Thanks for your replies so far...

I am not looking forward to WI so much as I came off cambridge to do this and have heard that you are unlikely to lose too much - if any...

It's an interesting point about only having 1 lot of cheese and pepperoni.... I've never tried sharing a pizza lol... first time for everything!

BTW Blackwidow we do actually have our own laptops and have been known to both be on the same thing... :D

dont be negative about your weigh in - you may lose, you may gain a few but as soon as your body balances itself with eating properly again you will find that it soon drops off - even if you dont lose anything i'm sure you'll probably find you have more energy or feel healthier in general :)

oh and if you fancy saving a few points here and there you could swap your aero for a cadburys highlights mousse instead - only 1pt each and absolutely lush! :) your tea sounds nice as well - not a big pitta fan but the rest sounds lovely! Good thing i just ate or i'd be raiding the cupboards haha :D

Back