My weight loss journey on Slim Fast

Cheers FF, I have gotta keep up the good work, to get to goal.

You have done well losing all that weight, it's sooooo hard...but you have done it...I can't wait to be a size 12/14 like you. All those lovely skinny clothes...I am drooling just thinking about them. :D

Day 6

Had a small bowl of oats, a few sultanas and soya milk this morning rather than a shake...I want to kick start my ermmmm bowel movements and oats always work for me. Lunch, I was back on track with a choccy shake and I have just had tea...two skinless chicken thighs, with a small portion of mashed potato, carrots, green beans, peas and gravy.
I am working again tonight so I have saved my snacks for during the night...these are two satsumas and a packet of low fat crisps.

I took the dogs out for an hours walk today and even jogged around the field with them...just the once, it nearly killed me. Five minutes of running and I am breathless and unable to speak, my three dogs took advantage of this and all shot off in different directions...last time I take the little sausages out when I am jogging.
I can't wait to lose weight and start running properly, I am going to take up running when I get to 12st 7...that's my 'up the exercise' weight.

Have just ordered myself a size 14 bubble dress from New Look, and I also had an online code for 20% off...if anyone is interested the online code is: NEWLOOK20
They have loads of lovely stuff and a 20% discount is fab!

The dress was only £14.40 (normally £18) and as it's my motivation to be a size 14 in twelve weeks time, I thought this little frock would help keep me going.

Oh and I bought it in black, I haven't worn a LBD for about 10 years. :D

Day 7 - Weigh Day

I got weighed today ...and this weeks official weigh in is.....a loss of 4lbs!! :character00201:
I am very pleased as I have weighed in a day early, I haven't felt hungry all week and I needed to lose 3lbs per week to get to goal on target.

I have my works xmas night out this evening, I shall be having a few wine spritzers, no food...I don't like drinking and eating anyways and then I shall hit the dance floor, that should burn a few calories. I can't get too ratted anyway, I am back in work tomorrow...boo hoo.

Todays menu... B/fast - nothing, I went straight to bed from work,
Lunch - A choccy shake
Dinner - Chicken, home made oven chips with skins on, ratatouille
Sn'ks - Apple, tin of peaches in juice, butter beans,
raw carrot batons.

I am still having to sit on the toilet and wait...and wait...and wait...that's the only downside with this flippin' diet. :p I am not complaining too loud though, a 4lb loss and my waist band is feeling looser already...yehar..........hello and welcome week two.

Wow 4 ibs is a fab loss, just think you could shed half a stone before Christmas. Thats great motivation for you. Hope the works do went well x

Thank you Ugg :flowers:
Every pound lost is a step in the right direction.

I wasn't as well behaved as I wanted/needed to be at last nights works do. I had 6 large white wine spritzers, with lemonade not soda as planned and because I was quite drunk I ate a cheap and nasty burger and chips on the way home...coz I didn't care. :rolleyes:
BUT I had a bloody good night and feel fine and dandy this morning...but I am straight back on track as I need at least a 3lbs loss this week.
I stayed in bed until 11 so I missed b/fast (that's 225 cals made up) and I am just preparing lunch. I couldn't hack a shake after last night so I am having two slices of thin bread toasted with ham on top and an apple. (240 cals - similar cals to a shake).
For tea I shall have a baked potato, tuna and salad and for a snack, I shall have a couple of oat cakes and a banana plus lots of water. Calories for the day should be around 900 :eek:. Tis my own fault for being silly last night.

Tomorrow, back on the shakes. :cool:

Day 9

Feel very tired today and craving comforting carbohydrates...mmmm toast with lots of butter. I did have a bit of a pig out last night (a full tube of Pringles :eek:) and I am really annoyed with myself. After going out on the razzle on Tuesday night and feeling rough all day yesterday, it has really spoilt my momentum...I just craved food all day. And now I feel like rubbish as I ate junk last night, if you eat junk you feel like junk...it's true.

During the next six days until weigh in I have to be really, really, really good and get back on track NOW!

Anyway I have had a strawb shake and I am now sat drinking a litre of water. I shall take the dogs for a long walk before lunch, hopefully that will take my mind off food and back on getting gorgeous.

I have to fight the crowds and go shopping this afternoon, I need to get my last lot of wrapping paper so I can get the presents finished. I am fed up of wrapping prezzies, losing the cellotape, trying to find the scissors and having to stop my three dogs rooting around under the Xmas tree sniffing out edible presents.
Roll on next Thursday when it will all be finished...
...coz then it will be CCCCCCHRISSSSTMASSSSSSS yay! :smiley1842:

Don't feel bad about your couple of hicups, move on and remember that dress you ordered.... :eek:)

Thanks Ugg, I keep looking at the dress in my wardrobe for inspiration. x x

I have ran out of shakes and cannot get to the shops until tomorrow night due to working, so I am having to be really strict with myself about what I eat...now I have a choice of foods for brekky & lunch, I am finding the temptation great.
Shall up date later and let you know how I get on.

Boo x

day 10

I have had a really rubbish day, in all senses of the word. Had a hugggggge argument with other half...feel like calling the wedding off...bum wipe that he is. :mad: My 17 year old son is being a typical teenage pain in the whatcha ma call its and to top it off, the boiler (which is in the attic) decided to leak and drain all its contents down through the attic, through my son's bedroom and into the lounge. It has been fixed by an emergency call out guy but the walls are covered in rusty brown streaks and the wall paper is bubbled badly...six days before Christmas for GAWDS SAKE!
Seeing as everything else was turning to poo I thought I would make myself feel even worse and I binged...on loadsa junk food, big Willy style.
And funnily enough, now I don't care about my streaky walls and I'm not that bothered about the tiff me and the other half had...I am just consumed with guilt for breaking my diet AGAIN!

I have to lose 3lbs this week and I have made that very difficult for myself...I feel such a stoopid idiot, I don't like to make things easy for myself. :confused: All I can do is ride out these poo feelings I currently have (guilt, disgust, self loathing etc) and focus on getting back in the saddle.
I sent a taxi out of work to get me some Slim-Fast lol, I don't want to be caught short again...and I am sat here drinking lots of water...tonight when I get home I am going to do my exercise DVD...even if it is 11pm. :rolleyes:

Day Eleven

I am pleased to say I am back on the slimming wagon and feeling better today. :)
I started the day with a strawberry shake and a litre of water, I have taken the dogs out for a long walk and this afternoon (after present wrapping) I am going to do my exercise dvd again.
Lunch will be a banana shake (not tried those before) and tea is turkey steak, baked spud, carrots, cabbage and green beans...if I do have any snacks I shall stick to fruit or raw veggies. I want a few lean days before Xmas day and my next weigh in.

O/H has apologise for been a bit of a todger, seeing as it Christmas and he is going out to buy my presents today...I accepted his apology.;)
The Wedding is back on...so diet is well and truly back on.

Have a great weekend y'all.

Boo x x

I am glad things are getting better for you. It is hard when you have an argument with they OH. The first thing I want to reach for is comfort food and hence the problem of us lifers (as that is what we are we will always not be able to eat what we want as we are just not made that way).

Anyway, have a fantastic christmas. I am forgetting about my diet until the new year.

Take care hon

FF
x

good luck with slim fast hun. It really does work! I lost 5 st on it after having my daughter and went down to 8st. Most confident time of my life. Kept it off for 2 years as well until i got pregnant again. I found it harder to stick to for some reason second time around but her post has made me think about trying it again. Good luck x

Back