My Weight Loss Journey

A totally refreshing holiday--3 weeks in the nice hot sun (and having everything done for me--what else can I ask for) and now I'm ready to start fresh again. Have no idea how the WI will go tonight, so whatever it says I'm motivated to continue losing.

Breakfast- 2 digestive biscuits and Mixed Fruit Bowl
Snack- Shapes Yogurt
Lunch- Scrambled Egg with Mushrooms, Peppers and Onions and 2 wholemeal toast
Dinner- Prawn Stir Fry with Low Fat Noodles and Salad
Snack- 6 Mikado Sticks

Lost .5lb over the holidays, so am thrilled about that. Not too happy about how my day has gone today though, but posting what I've had up to now and for the rest of the day. It seems every time I go away I find it more difficult to get back into the swing of things. Hope to draw a line under today and start fresh again tomorrow meal by meal. Feels like next week will be the start of * week, so feeling hungrier than ever!

I have a wedding to attend at the end of May so really hope to be at least half a stone or a stone (ideally) lighter by then.

Breakfast- banana, mushrooms, fried egg, 1 warburtons wm toast
Snack/Lunch- 8 crabsticks
Then it starts to go wrong- Cadbury Dairy Milk (a friend got me that huge bars from Cadbury World)- had about 8 portions!!!!
2 pieces of white bread with 4 slices of Beef Mortadella
2 diet Pepsi cans

Feeling full and awful for having indulged in all of that. Think for dinner I'm just going to have some chicken soup. Think I'm going wrong in not trying to plan ahead, so will try to sort out what I'm having tomorrow and try to stick to plan.

Water- 1 litre
Exercise- Walking 15 mins

Won't post about what I had for dinner last night as it's best to forget and move on.
Doing another red day today as I have some chicken marinating in the fridge and waiting to be used.
Hope to stick to plan 100% today without any diversions- fingers crossed! Not having too many syns today to minimize the impact from yesterday.

Breakfast- Small plate of fried mushrooms, 8 crabsticks and a banana (I know wierd combination)
Snack- Shapes Yogurt
Lunch- 2 warburton wholemeal toast with 2 marinated peri peri chicken breasts (thinly sliced) with lettuce, tomatoe and 1 tsp extra light mayo
Snack- Mini Milk and an Alpen Light
Dinner- Baked Salmon with Spinach

Water- aiming for 2 litres
Exercise- 15 mins walking and 15 mins on the exercise bike

Followed to plan yesterday, except for the 2 slices of pound cake yesterday. Not much more left around the house to tempt me, so hope to be on track today. Last red day of the week today and will probably do green until WI on Monday.
The peri peri chicken was so nice, so going to have some more today.
Didn't get to do the 15 mins on the exercise bike, but did get the walking done.

Breakfast- 7 crabsticks, small plate of mushrooms, 1 slice wholemeal bread
Snack- Banana
Lunch- 2 peri peri chicken breasts with stir fry vegetables
Snack- Shapes yougurt
Dinner-1 fried egg with few baked beans and 1 slice wholemeal bread
Snack- Choco Minimilk

Exercise: 15 mins exercise bike, 15 mins walk
Water intake: 2 litres

Last edited:
Haven't posted what I've been eating and it's probably better because I just started * week today and the last few days I've been 60% to plan and 40% off. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to WI, but I'm sure I put on 1lb (at least that is what the scales say in my home). Really need some motivation and it's always so tough coming back from holiday. Have a lot going on with dh away on business as well and handling the kids on my own (started potty training my youngest today), so will have to try my best this week to stick to plan. Will log my diary from tomorrow and have already made my veg soup to keep me going during the week.
One good thing is that I found a green tea which I love! Tetley's Green Tea Lemon...it's gorgeous with 4 splenda tablets :)

Feeling motivated today. I'm a comfortable size 16 and within a few months will fit into size 14's (tried some on today and they were just a bit too tight).

Having a green day today:

Breakfast-2 pears and 1 banana
Snack- 2 alpen lights (synning these)
Lunch - Homemade Veg Soup and 2 Warburton wholemeal toast with 2 thin slices of chicken
Snack- plate of mushrooms, Shapes yogurt
Dinner- Egg, baked beans and chips

Exercise: 15 min bike
Water: 1.5 ltrs

Managed to stick to plan yesterday and had 5 marshmallows (looked up the syns and it was only 3). Didn't have the time to do the exercise bike, so hope to do some today.
Having another green day today:

Breakfast: pear and banana fruit bowl
Snack: 2 Alpen Lights
Lunch: Veg Soup and Lettuce leaves filled with chickpea dip and natural yogurt
Snack: Shapes yogurt
Dinner: Spaghetti with homemade tomatoe sauce + 1 wholemeal bread
Snack: Mini milk

Water: 2 litres
Exercise: 15 min walk or bike

Last edited:
I had a good day yesterday and stuck 100% to plan. Instead of the lettuce leaves I had the 2 wholemeal toasts with the chickpea dip and didn't have any with my spaghetti.
Looks like I'm back on track now and no plans for guests on the weekend so should have a good loss on Monday (fingers crossed).
I noticed that if I eat early in the morning (around 8/9am) then I am starving around 3pm, so I've gone back to the timings I used to have when I was losing well. So now I have my breakfast around 10:30-11am, Snack around 12:30, Lunch around 2:30pm, Snack: 4pm, Dinner: 7 or 8pm and another snack around 9pm. Try to be in bed by 10/11pm. Think this routine really works best for me and it keeps me full most of the day.
Also the veg soup is working great as I definatley try to have this once a day with another small thing afterwards and it's quick and easy when I'm on the run.
Another Green day today:

Breakfast: 2 pears and 1 apple
Snack: Shapes Yogurt
Lunch: Veg Soup with 2 wholemeal toasts with chickpea spread
Snack: plate of fried mushrooms and 1 Alpen Light
Dinner: Spaghetti and tomatoe sauce
Snack: Mini Milk

Exercise: 20 min walk

Think I jinxed it...DH just phoned me from abroad to say we are having guests coming over tomorrow, so have to plan ahead for my meals tomorrow otherwise I will stray.

Another Green day tomorrow (Saturday):

Breakfast: Bowl of mixed fruit (bananas, pears, apples)
Snack: 2 Alpen Lights(HEB)
Lunch: Veg Soup and ChickPea Dip with 2 wholemeal toast(3rd day in a row I'm having this, but still not fed up)
Snack: Shapes Yogurt and Fried Mushrooms
Dinner:Baked Potatoe with baked beans Snack: Mini Milk and might have half a Curly Wurly

Exercise: Bike 15 mins

Last edited:
Dh brought some chocolates from his trip-gosh they were so nice (think they were called Merci)...limited myself and just had 1 small one yesterday and stuck to plan, so proud of myself (despite having made seperate food for my guests).

Today had a rushed morning/afternoon out shopping, so another repeat of the menu from the last few days.

Breakfast: 2 pears and 1 banana
Lunch: 2 wholemeal bread with chickpea dip
Snack: 2 Alpen Lights and Shapes yogurt
Dinner: Mushroom with Pasta shells
Snack: Mini Milk and 1 Merci Chocolate (don't know how many syns in these)

Exercise: None

WI day tomorrow- fingers crossed for a good loss!!

WI day today- don't want to say how I feel it will go as I don't want to jinx it.

Stuck to plan yesterday, so again another good day and didn't feel hungry although I had less than the previous days.
Made a fresh batch of veg soup to keep me through the rest of this week as I think this helps with the loss and helps me to get my veg in.
Another Green Day for me (as they seem to suit me better)

Breakfast- Fruit bowl of 2 pears, 1 apple, 1 banana
Snack: Shapes Yogurt, 1 Alpen Light
Lunch: Vegetable Soup and Ainsley's Spice Sensation Cous Cous (got a huge container of this from Costco's)
Snack: pack of Quavers
Dinner (after WI)- 2 fried eggs with Basmalti Brown Rice and 2 tbsp ketchup

Exercise: 20 mins exercise bike

Last edited:
A 4.5lb loss last night--exactly what I needed to push me into the right gear! Last night I treated myself to 3 of the Merci Chocolates dh brought home and had 1 fish finger, but hope that didn't do much damage :)
Really feel like having some chicken or fish, but I know that these green days really work for me. Will try to mix some in as HEB's today.

Green Day:
Breakfast: 2 pears, 1 apple
Snack: 2 Alpen Light bars (HEB)
Lunch: Stir Fried Veg+ prawns (HEB)+ 1/2 pack Super Noodles (Sweet Thai Chilli)
Dinner: Veg Soup + Egg with baked Beans
Snack: mini milk

Exercise: 20 mins bike
Water: 1.5 litres

Last edited:
Had a good day and stuck to plan yesterday and enjoyed getting some protein in. Instead of the prawns I had some crabmeat (113g) and the stir fry was really filling and delicious.
Got up this morning really motivated and went on the exercise bike first thing for 25 mins and it was a good workout! Also have been doing a few upper arm exercises as I don't want to end up with loose skin under my arms- hope it works!

Having another Green Day today:
Breakfast: Fruit Bowl
Snack: Alpen Light (3 syns)
Lunch: Veg Soup and 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB) with chickpea dip (Same recipe as the falafels but without baking powder and I make it a bit more watery and with red peppers) I've been having cravings for this!
Dinner: Need to finish the stir fry veg (as they go bad quick), so will probably make the same crabstick (HEB) stirfry with pasta
Snack: MiniMilk

Exercise: 25 mins bike

Added a few more syns yesterday (4 jelly beans and 1 Asda Cheesy Curls- around 4 syns), otherwise stuck to plan.

Hopefully will be able to make it to a new workout class tonight that someone suggested in class on Monday. Supposedly burns over 600 calories per class! Will update with how it went tomorrow.

Green Day:

Breakfast: Fruit Bowl with Yogurt and 1 Alpen Light Bar (.5 HEB) sprinked on top
Lunch: Baked Potatoe with Tuna (HEB) and 1 tbsp Extra Light Mayo (syn)
Snack: Fruit and another Alpen Light (.5 HEB)
Dinner: Veg Soup and Pasta Salad (pasta, sweetcorn, peas, peppers, mushrooms)

Exercise: 25 mins Exercise bike + Exercise Class?

100% day yesterday and got to go to the workout - Zumba. It was great!!! Did Salsa, Merengue, Calypso, Cumbia and Reggae dance steps. Got such an energy rush after the class as well. Have already signed up for next week.

Green Day today:

Breakfast: Fruit Bowl with Yogurt
Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB)
Lunch: Veg Soup with 2 wholemeal bread (HEB) with Chickpea dip
Dinner: Egg, Beans and SW Chips
Snack: Curly Wurly

Exercise: 15 mins arm exercises

I probably don't use my HEA's as much as I should as I don't really like cheese (unless it's melted on a grilled cheese sandwich or pizza). I also don't really drink milk unless I have it with cereals. I try to have a Shapes Yogurt almost daily to try to get some of that calcium in. Wondering whether maybe I should take some calcium tablets? Would this type of thing come out in blood work as I had some tests and they all came out fine?

Another 100% day yesterday! Hope to have a good weekend. Today is dh's bday, but he doesn't want a cake, so that's better for me :) Not sure whether we are going out for dinner later, but I'll probably eat something here and have something light if we go out.

Breakfast: Fruit Bowl
Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB)
Lunch: huge bowl of veg soup (can't eat anything else for now)
Dinner: Tandoori Chicken (HEB) with ChickPea Rice + Raita (Very Low Fat Natural Yogurt with Tomatoes, Onion, Cucumber)
Snack: 15 Mikados (7.5 syns)

Exercise: none

Last edited:
We didn't go out for dinner last night, so that was good and kept to plan. I ended up buying a small cake for dh, but resisted and ended up having 15 Mikados instead (7.5 syns).
The tandoori chicken was delicious...will have some more today :)

Have a WI day tomorrow, so if I can stick to plan today hope to have a loss!

Green Day:
Breakfast: Fruit Bowl (pears, apple, banana)
Snack: 1 Alpen Light (3 syns)
Lunch:Tandoori Chicken (HEB) with baked potatoe and Refried Beans
Snack: Shapes Yogurt with strawberries
Dinner: Egg/Baked Beans/Mushrooms with 2 Wholemeal toast (HEB)

Exercise: 20 mins walking

Another good day yesterday and stuck to plan. Only problem is that I feel a little constipated, so might change to Red days for a few days. Made my veg soup last night to last me all week, so ready for another good week.
Feeling a bit nervous about WI today....

Red Day:
Breakfast: Fruit (3 pears)
Lunch: Veg Soup with 6 crabsticks + 4 Ryvita Original CrackerBread (not sure if this is a full HEB) +1tbsp Extra Light Mayo
Snack: 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Dinner (after WI): Baked Salmon with Salad and 1 tbsp Caesar dressing

Exercise: Walking the malls :)

Back