My Weight Loss Journey

I'm afraid only the wholemeal Ryvita crackerbreads count as a heb, you can have six. But both original and wholemeal are only 1 syn per slice. A bargain in my eyes. I love these.

Thanks for the info knitter and congrats on reaching target :)
Think I will be using different HEB's next week, so will be interesting to experiment with different toppings on the Ryvita's :)

WI results- lost 1lb. I was hoping for more, but later when I got home I started adding up that if I lose at least 1lb every week until the end of this year I will get really close to target. I'm okay with it now, but still will try my best to stick to plan this week.
Will try a full week of Red's and see how I get on.

Red Day:

Breakfast: Fried Egg with 1tbsp ketchup (1 syn), Mushrooms with 1 wholemeal roll (HEB)
Lunch: Veg Soup with 4 Crabsticks with Quark and Black pepper on 2 Ryvita Original CrispBread (HEB)
Snack: Fruit Salad with Shapes Yogurt
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Breast Ceasar Salad (with Tesco Light Ceasar Dressing - 1 syn- 2 tbsp)
Snack: Mini Milk (1.5 syns) + 3 crabsticks
Total Syns: 3.5 syns

Water: 2 litres
Exercise: 20 min walking

Last edited:
Didn't feel too bad (hunger wise) yesterday. Did have another 3 crabsticks before going to bed though.
The Caesar dressing was quite nice and 2 tbsp for 1 syn is not bad at all. Will probably be having a few salads later this week.
Didn't get to do the exercise bike yesterday, but did get the walking done.

Red Day Menu Today:

Started off with a nice Green Tea (Lemon) with 5 splenda tablets.
Breakfast: Banana, Fried Egg with Ketchup (1 syn), Mushrooms and 1 wholemeal toast (.5 HEB)
Snack: Alpen Light (3 syns)
Lunch: Veg Soup with 2 Ryvita CrispBread (HEB) and 4 crabsticks
Snack: Shapes Yogurt
Dinner: Prawn Curry with Courgettes (from Recipes Section) and 1 wholemeal toast (.5HEB)
Snack: Mini Milk (1.5syns)

Total Syns: 5.5syns

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: Arm Exercises and 20 mins Exercise bike

Stuck to plan yesterday and really loved the prawn curry- have to finish it off today :)
Had a telephone interview today and was really nervous so didn't eat much for the first half of the day. Fortunately I passed it and I have a face to face at the end of next week, fingers crossed. Only problem---no suit that fits now!!! Might have another lined up on Monday, so really need to do some shopping this weekend.

Sticking to Red's again today:

Breakfast- 2 pears
Snack- Alpen Light (3 syns)
Lunch- 3 Ryvita Original Crispbread (HEB) with 6 crabsticks
Snack- Shapes Yogurt + Quavers (4.5syns)
Dinner: Rice (HEB) with Prawn Curry
Snack- 0% fat yogurt with Vanilla, Cinnamon and 2 tbsp of Splenda

Syns: 7.5

Exercise: Zumba (1 hour)

Last edited:
Another 100% day yesterday and Zumba class was amazing...really had a great workout and the instructor is so full of energy- it's great..gets you in a great mood during and after the class.

Went off to Asda to see if I could find the Chickpea Dhal (but couldn't find it). Avoided buying the Mikados (can't resist only having a few), but did buy the Chocolate Mini Twisters :D I couldn't wait to try them and just had one now and they are really nice, but finished it off too quick. Think the Mini Milks are better in that they take longer to finish. Not sure if my stopping at a few other stores had something to do with it though as they may have melted a bit, or are they normally soft ice cream?

A bit of a wierd day today as I just rushed off to the shop, so let's see how it goes.

RED:
Breakfast (at 11:30am!! which is probably why I felt more like lunch)- 3 Ryvita Original Crispbreads (HEB) with 6 crabsticks, Mini Twister Chocolate Ice Cream (2 syns) and a banana.

Snack/Lunch: Bowl of Veg Soup + 1 wholemeal bread (.5 HEB)

My son didn't finish his Twister, so he gave it to me and finished it off (1.5 syns)

Dinner: Peri Peri Chicken Breast with Pearl Gem Lettuce, Vine tomotoes and Tesco Lite Caesar Dressing (2 tbsp - 1 syn)

Snack: Shapes Yogurt and 1 Alpen Light (.5 HEB)

Syns: 4.5

Exercise: Walking 15 mins
Water: 1.5 Litres

Last edited:
Another 100% yesterday. Busy cleaning up the house and going shopping today.

Red day:

Green Lemon Tea to start off the day with 5 splenda tablets
Breakfast: Fruit Bowl
Lunch: Veg Soup with Baked Potatoe (HEB) with Tuna and 1 tbsp Mayo
Snack: Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Dinner: Baked Salmon with Salad and 2 tbsp Caesar Salad
Snack: Curly Wurly

Water: 1.5 ltrs
Exercise: Cleaning the house, shopping (enough for today)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Another great day yesterday and stuck to plan. Went to carboot this morning and managed to find a Next suit in brilliant condition (Size 14) for £4. Wasn't sure if it would fit, but it zips up, but still think it's a bit too tight. It's still a keeper as I'm sure it will fit in another month or so.
Still have no suit for another interview I have tomorrow....arghh....have only 3.5 hours to look for something!!!

Breakfast: Fruit Bowl
Snack: Alpen Light (.5 HEB)
Lunch: Veg Soup and Sainsbury's Cooked King Tiger Prawns with fresh black pepper- yum!
Dinner: Roasted Chicken with Veg (aubergine, carrots, onions, potatoe (HEB)) and 1 piece of wholemeal bread (.5 HEB)
Snack: Mini Twister (2 syns)

Exercise: Walking

WI day tomorrow!!!

Well, got my suit last night, but I tried on so many things and still can't believe I managed to fit in a size 14/16/ and even an 18 all in the same store (Marks and Spencer). Had mixed feelings about my shopping experience!!!
Had the interview today, although I don't think it went too well. Think there were signs that it wasn't going to work (from the childminder pulling out last minute, printer at home not working and TomTom failing to work- although I got there in the end an on time). Oh well, there is always the interview on Thursday.

Rushed day, so didn't get to eat much today. Will hopefully make up for it when I come from WI.

Red Day:
Breakfast- Green Tea with Lemon and 1 pear
Snack- Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Lunch- 5 crabsticks and Shapes Yogurt
Dinner (after WI)- Grilled Chicken Breast with SW Chips and Mushrooms
Snack- Mini Twister

Water: 1 litre
Exercise:none

WI results last night : Lost 2.5 lbs and got the 3.5 stone sticker. Have lost 3.7 stones so far, so aiming for that 4 stone loss within a few weeks!

Meeting with some friends after lunch, so taking along 2 Alpen Lights just incase.

Sticking to Red today:

Green Tea with Lemon and 5 splenda tablets to start off the day
Breakfast: Fruit Bowl (pear, apple, banana, grapes)
Lunch: Veg Soup and Grilled Chicken Breast with Gem Lettuce and 2 tbsp Tesco Lite Caesar Dressing (1 syn)
Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB)
Dinner: Curried Rice with Chicken (need to syn this..no idea of the syn value)
Snack: Curly Wurly

Exercise: 20 mins walking

Last edited:
Had a good day yesterday, but at night got some really bad cravings (* week early) and had a small tea plate of rice and chicken that I made for my OH and kids. Hope it won't affect my loss too much this week.

Red day today:

Breakfast: Omelette with peppers, spring onions and mushrooms and 1 wholemeal bread (.5 HEB)
Lunch: 4 Ryvita Crispbread (HEB) with 8 crabsticks
Snack: Shapes Yogurt and 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Dinner: Peri Peri Chicken with Lettuce, tomatoes and 2 tbsp Tesco Lite Caesar dressing (1 syn)
Snack: 1/2 curly wurly, 3 wheat biscuits (no idea how many syns) , banana and Shapes Yogurt

Exercise: Arm exercises, 15 min walking
Water: 1.5 litres + 1 can Diet Pepsi

Last edited:
A few more cravings last night, but stuck to 3 wheat biscuits (no idea how many syns) and a banana and Shapes yogurt before going to sleep. Not sure if the cravings have to do with my nerves for the interviews or my * week--oh well!

Had an interview today and felt really confident, nice and relaxed- results tomorrow! If I get it they want me to start next week already, so need to sort out the childcare pretty quickly. Will wait until tomorrow and see if it's good news.

Needed quick fixes today, so breakfast and lunch are not that great.
Breakfast: 1 Alpen Light and Shapes Yogurt
Lunch: Ran out of Ryvita Crispbread, but had the Ryvita CrackerBread Originals (think I need to syn these). Had 3 of them (3 syns) with 7 crabsticks
Snack: 1 Alpen Light and Banana
Dinner: Cold Salmon with Salad and Caesar Dressing
Snack: Mini Milk

Exercise: Zumba (if I can get to class today)
Water: 1.5 litres + 1 can Diet Pepsi

A good day yesterday and stuck to plan. Also got to go to Zumba, which again was amazing. It's my enjoyment of the week really and some time for myself :wee:

No news yet on the interview, but they should get back to me today. I believe in fate, so if it is meant to be it will be, otherwise there will be something better out there.

Back to SW- Don't think the Red Days are filling me up as much as the Green, so I'm switching to Green until my WI on Monday.

Breakfast: Egg with 1 tbsp ketchup, mushrooms and 1 wholemeal toast (.5 HEB)
Snack: Pear
Lunch: AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous
Dinner: Pasta Salad (with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, finely sliced carrots and sweetcorn) with 2 tbsp Tesco Lite Caesar dressing (1 syn) and Chicken Pieces (HEB)
Snack: Alpen Light (.5HEB)

Water:1.5 litres
Exercise: Bike 20 mins

Another good day yesterday food wise- stuck to plan and the Green's definately kept me fuller.
Interview news- got a call from the agency and looks like my interview went very well, but so did another guy's so they are still deciding between me and him. Have to wait for more news on Monday.

Busy day cleaning up the house, going to the park with the kids and have a friends party to go to later tonight. Will eat something here before I go, so food will not be an issue. May also take along a few snacks just incase.

Green Day today:

Breakfast/Brunch (11:45am)- AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous with Fried Mushrooms and Spicy Chicken Thigh Pieces (HEB)- this was lovely and really filling!

Lunch: Fruit Bowl with Activia FF yogurt
and left over pasta from yesterday

Dinner: Basmalti Brown Rice with ChickPeas and Raita (Yogurt with tomatoes, cucumbers and onions- salt and pepper) and a few chopped lettuce leaves

Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB), Pack of Quavers

Exercise: None

Had a good time at the party yesterday and only had a small slice of cake and some diet coke. When I got home though I had a few more snacks (which is probably best not to mention).
Was a great reaction from some friends, mostly of shock at how much I've lost, as some had not seen me since Sept 2009. A good motivator to keep going.

Since I didn't have such a great day after coming home from the party, I'm not having any syns today or tomorrow.

Green Day today:

Breakfast- Fruit Bowl
Lunch- Veg Soup and 4 Crispbread(HEB) with Chickpea Dip
Snack- Activia FF Yogurt
Dinner: Fried Mushrooms with Pasta and Side Salad
Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB)

Exercise: None
Water: 1.0 litre

fantastic diary hun!! loved reading it and very helpful too!! a few things im def going to try and will be following this from now on x

Lurverick: Thanks for popping by. Glad you will be following and please do comment if you see anything I can improve on :) Popped by to see yours and you are still on a roll!

Wasn't a 100% day yesterday as we had some guests over to watch cricket and I ended up making some pakore so had a few of those.
WI day today....not really expecting a loss as it's been a naughty week for me and it's * week (best to blame it all on * week ) :p

No update on interview yet. The guy who interviewed me added me to his LinkedIn so not sure if he wants to stay in touch incase something else comes up or that I got it...arghh...

Green Day today:

Green Tea with Lemon and 5 splenda tablets
Breakfast: Bowl of mixed fruit
Lunch: Homemade Veg Soup and 1 slice of wholemeal bread (.5HEB)
Snack: 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Dinner (after WI): Keema made from Quorn Mince with Peas and Pasta
Snack: Mini Twister

Exercise: Arm Toning and Situps
Water:1.5 litres

WI results: Lost .5lb, which I really wasn't expecting as I didn't stick to plan as well as I could have, but not taking that for granted and trying my best this week to be 100%.

Interview Results: Didn't get it, but he wrote me on LinkedIn that he wanted to remain in touch incase another opportunity comes up. The feedback was that I did really well and basically it came to financials and the guy was willing to work for a much lower salary. Oh well, something else will come up.

At WI yesterday I got my new copy of the SW magazine for July 2010, so will have a read to see if there are any good recipes. If anyone reading my food diary has tried any of them, let me know.
Also won the raffle and got a copy of the Curry Heaven book. Will be interesting to try some of these out.

Going for Green today:

Breakfast: Fruit Bowl (pears, apples, grapes)
Lunch: Veg Soup with 1 wholemeal bread (.5HEB) and Omlette
Snack: Shapes Yogurt and Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Dinner: Pasta with Chicken Breast (HEB) and side salad with 1 tablespoon Tesco Lite Ceasar Dressing (1/2 syn)
Snack: Mini Twister (2 syns), 1 malteser and 1 minstrel (maybe 1.5 syns)

Exercise: Finally nice weather- walking 25 mins
Water: 2 litres

Last edited:
Thanks Meli.. I have read it all! I have just realised where I am going wrong with EE. I have followed red and green days in the past and lost weight, but EE is new to me. I have not been eating enough superfree foods with my meals. I think I am going to forget EE for the time being and plan some red and green days, see what happens!

Thanks Meli.. I have read it all! I have just realised where I am going wrong with EE. I have followed red and green days in the past and lost weight, but EE is new to me. I have not been eating enough superfree foods with my meals. I think I am going to forget EE for the time being and plan some red and green days, see what happens!

Where were you going wrong with EE? EE does work, but I think the important thing is having the 1/3 veg/fruit at the main meals.
Good luck on the red/greens :)

Back