My Weight Loss Journey

Where were you going wrong with EE? EE does work, but I think the important thing is having the 1/3 veg/fruit at the main meals.
Good luck on the red/greens :)

Yes I wasn't having enough superfree foods with my meals! I am not a great lover of fruit. I love pineapple, but I am getting a bit bored with it now. I do love my veg though which is good. But some days I just want something quick, and easy veg (like peas and sweetcorn don't count!!) Anyway, I thought I would have a break and try a green and red week to see if it makes a difference, because it is getting to be a bit upsetting when I am staying the same week after week!!!

Good luck with your weight loss, keep posting and I will keep reading!

Motherof2: Good luck and let me know how you get on with the reds/greens. I'm actually the opposite as I prefer fruit rather than veg.

Stuck to plan yesterday and actually didn't give in to the ice cream that OH bought me (the one from the ice cream truck with the flake in it-yummy). OH was surprised, but I enjoyed my mini twister instead, which has much lower syns!!

No longer having cravings, so hope that I can stick to plan 100% this week. Saving some syns for the weekend just in case.

Green Day:
Breakfast: 2 apples, 2 pears
Lunch: Veg Soup + 1 wholemeal toast (.5HEB) with Chickpea dip
Snack- Shapes Yogurt with 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Dinner: Prawns (HEB) with Macaroni, 3 laughing cow cheese and fresh salt and pepper (never tried this so hope it tastes okay) with a side salad
Snack- Mini Twister (2 syns)

Exercise: 20 mins walking, situps, arm exercises
Water: 1.5 litres

Last edited:
Was in a hurry last night to make dinner so instead of the prawns with pasta I had 100g AH cous cous with half the plate of mushrooms. Stuck to plan- so another successful 100% day!

My stomach is hurting from all the situps I did yesterday. No pain- no gain!

Have Zumba class tonight- can't wait!

Green Day today:

Breakfast: Fruit Bowl (2 pears, 1 orange, 1 apple)
Lunch- Veg Soup + 3 Ryvita Crispbread (HEB) with 2 laughing cow cheese (part of HEA)
Snack: Shapes Yogurt, Alpen Light (3 syns)
Dinner: Peri Peri Chicken Breast (HEB) with Refried Beans and salad
Snack: Mini Twister (2 syns)

Exercise: Walking 20 mins, ZUMBA (1 hour):bunnydance:

Managed to find the exact same Zumba music and steps we use in our class.

Check out Zumba Cardio Party on You Tube. This is one of 5 parts, but this is exactly like we do in class with the exception of 2 or 3 songs.

YouTube - zumba Cardio Party-1.

Another 100% day yesterday and Zumba was great!

Sticking to Green today:

Breakfast: Fruit Bowl (2 pears, 2 apples)
Snack: Alpen Light (.5HEB) with strawberries
Lunch: Veg Soup with 50 grams AH cous cous (less than .5 syn)
Snack: Activia FF yogurt and Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Dinner:Baked Potatoe with Baked Beans and BBQ spiced Chicken Thighs (HEB)
Snack: Mini Twister

Exercise: Situps

Last edited:
oooo Meli whats Zumba I like the sound of that, well done on resisting the icecream was it a whippy one I love those :D:D

Yes it was one of those vanilla type whippy ones...oh gosh it was hard, but I did it.
About Zumba see this link as it has all the videos. It's probably better if you download them and then hook up your laptop to your tv:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/151478-zumba-videos.html

I love it though and believe me not even going to the gym and working out for an hour gives me that much of a sweat! If you love music (salsa, merengue, cumbia, reggae, calypso) then you'll love this.

Had 1 large chocolate chip cookie that my son made in school yesterday, otherwise the rest of the day was 100%. No idea how many syns in that cookie??

Such a nice day here and have been out almost all day in the park and shops. Wish it was always like this!

EDITED Changing to RED Day:

Breakfast- on the Run 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) and 1 Activia FF Yogurt

Lunch-Big Bowl of Veg Soup

Snack: Strawberries and 1 Mini Twister

Dinner (EDITED- Chaning to RED Day): BBQ Chicken Thighs fried mushrooms and 2 wholemeal toast (HEB)
Snack (EDITED): Quark with 11g Options Belgian Chocolate Drink Sachet (2 syns)

Water: 1.5 litres + 1 Pepsi Max Can
Exercise: Walking in the park

Last edited:
Edited and Changed my day into a Red Day as couldn't resist only having 119g as a HEB of the Chicken Thighs having a green day. The beauty of SW :)

Wish this weather could stay as long as possible!!! Walking everywhere which is helping me get in some exercise. Walked over 2 miles today and still have more stamina.

Green Day today:
Breakfast: Fruit Bowl (2 pear, 1 apple, grapes) and Shapes Yogurt
Snack: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB)
Lunch: Vegetable Soup and 2 crispbread Ryvitas with Chickpea dip
Snack- Mini Twister and very small piece of Tortilla de Patata (spanish dish)
Dinner: Spaghetti

Exercise: 2 miles walking

WI tomorrow...fingers crossed!!!

Couldn't resist and had another one of my son's chocolate chip cookies last night (none left now).
WI day today and hoping for a loss, but we will see....

Green Day:
Breakfast: Activia FF yogurt with 2 pears
Snack: Alpen Light (.5HEB) with strawberies
Lunch- Veg Soup
Dinner (after WI): Paella with Prawns (HEB) an side salad
Snack: Mini Twister and Alpen Light (.5HEB)

Water: 1 litre
Exercise: Walking 20 mins

how many syns are in mini twisters Meli? they sound fab in weather like this - i had a fullsize one yesterday and it was 4 syns! xxx

The mini twister chocolate ones are 2 syns. All the family enjoy them so that's the ice cream of choice around here now :)

LOL I know...naughty me...couldn't resist it...they were gorgeous! Thank goodness they are all finished now.

At least I didn't go for a few of the Costco 2 bite Chocolate Brownies- they also finished yesterday too by the kids and OH ;)

WI results: lost 4lbs and really happy as it brings me closer to my 4 stone award. Thought I needed to lose 1.5lbs to get the award, but it's actually 2.5lbs left. Let's see if I can do it or not as I have the first part of an Asian wedding starting this Friday (Mehndi) and it's my bday on Sunday, so really need to save up my syns for these 2 events.

Green Day today:
Breakfast: Fruit Bowl (2 pears, 1 banana and an apple)

Lunch: Vegetable Soup (leeks, carrots, celery, long red pepper, onion) and 2 Ryvita Crispbread (HEB) with Chickpea dip

Snack:Shapes Yogurt and Strawberries

Dinner:pasta Salad with Sweetcorn, Peas, Lettuce, Tomatoes and Grilled Chicken Breast (HEB) with 2 tbsp Tesco Light Ceasar Dressing (1 syn for 2 tbsp)

Snack: Mini Twister (2 syns)

Exercise: Bike 20 mins

i am off to look closely at your diary now to get tips on losing 4lb in a week!!! well done honey - fab result! xxx

Thanks Soccermom and Ellebear. Normally I seem to have a big loss after I have my * week, so was expecting it (as I'd been good most of the week).

Yesterday I had about 20 syns, so today will try to avoid having any syns. I think the problem was the lack of water (and a visit to a friends house) as I only drank about .5 litre yesterday. Lesson learned and will have my water bottle close by today.

Green Day today:

Breakfast: Fruit Bowl (2 pears, 2 apples)

Snack: 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)

Lunch: Big Bowl of Vegetable Soup (feeling full after having this)
Snack: Shapes and 1 alpen light (.5HEB)

Dinner: Tikka Chicken Thighs (HEB) (with 100g AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous (.5 syn) with finely chopped side salad (lettuce, carrots, tomatoes and onions)

Snack: Total 0% yogurt with vanilla, cinnamon and 1 tbsp Splenda.

Exercise: None

Darn M&S Belgian chocolates....need I say more.

I think since I know I'm having 2 bad days later in the week, why not spoil the rest of the week. Well after yesterday I'm drawing the line until Friday night (where I'll enjoy myself, but eat moderately at the mehndi). After seeing some more motivating pics from members on here I'm feeling motivated to stick to it until Friday. Have Zumba tonight as well so standing infront of our super fit Teacher (wish I had her body) should keep me on the right path.

Green Day today:
Breakfast: 3 pears
Snack: Alpen Light (.5HEB) and Shapes Yogurt
Lunch: Vegetable Soup and Gem Lettuce Sandwich (Filled with Chickpea dip and Chicken Thighs (HEB))
Snack: Grapes
Dinner: Egg, Baked Beans and SW Chips
Snack: Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Trying not to have any syns today to make up for yesterday and day before, but if I get hungry will have a bowl of fruit with Yogurt ready :)
Exercise: ZUMBA- YES!!!

Back