My Weight Loss Journey

WI Results: Lost 2lbs- really happy!!:D
4 stone .5lb loss to date.
It will be 1 year next week since I've joined Slimming World, so hoping for another good loss to mark the date.

Whooohooooo!!! Well done Meli!! That's the result you wanted isn't it!! Hope it's got you all motivated to move on and get that 4 1/2 stone sticky!! I don't seem to be getting much past the 4 stone mark! Every time I make progress I seem to take a step back again!!! Well done you!!XXX

Well done Meli! Great result xx

Thanks girls and Hev remember a dripping tap can fill a glass quite quickly :)
Really glad to see that loss last night and definately a motivator to keep going. I took a look at a few of the books while we were waiting for the class to start and makes me realise that I'm not taking full advantage of eating all the yummy things I could be. Need to really start trying some new things out and keep doing my green days, but make better use of my HEB's and try new ones too! Next week you'll hopefully see new things on my diary (saw a nice Mexican Chilli I want to try out, Prawnchopsuey's rice pudding and going to try something out of the Curry book).

Green Day today-

Breakfast- 2 extra large conference pears
Lunch- Vegetable Soup from yesterday, 6 WG Crackerbread (HEB)with Quark and Spinach dip
Snack- Shapes yogurt, 2 clementines
Dinner- Quorn Sausages with AH Cous Cous (.5syn) and Baked Sweet Potatoes (may try something I saw in one of the books where they coated the sweet potatoe with tomatoe puree, cumin, coriander, lemon, chilli before baking - 2syns)
Snack- Green Lemon Tea with 2 Alpen Lights (HEB), Mini Twister (2.5 syns- always thought they were 2, but saw this on the flyer yesterday in class)

Water: 2.0 litres
Exercise: some Wii with the kids tonight

A 100% day yesterday,but did end up having a few Mikados (so need to add an extra 5 syns) :) Also went on the Wii and that gave me some motivation ( didn't like that I'm still in the Overweight BMI and Wii age is 42). Didn't work up a big sweat, but at least I've burned the equivilant of 76g worth of fried calamari according to the Wii. Going to give it another go in a few mins and do the hula hoops, step, jogging and maybe try some yoga too.

Another Green Day :

Breakfast- banana and 2 clementines
Snack- Alpen Light (.5HEB) with Green Lemon Tea
Lunch- Big Bowl of Veg Soup and 3 WG CrackerBread (3 syns) with Crabsticks (HEB)
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, frozen blueberries
Dinner- Spaghetti with Quorn Meatballs and Mushrooms
Snack- 1 Alpen Light(.5HEB) with Green Lemon Tea, Mini Twister (2.5 syns)
Edited: Full pack of Mikados (15 syns??), 3 belgian chocolate wafers (high syns I'm sure!!!)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: Wii for 40 mins

Note: Looked up the syns for the Hot Chocolate I had a Pret a Manger and it was 15.5 syns--it was good, but not worth that many syns!!!!!

Last edited:
It was a great day yesterday until late night when we started watching a movie and took out the box of Mikados and it all disappeared so quickly. Also had 3 belgian chocolate wafers, so definately going to limit my syns the next few days and make a big bowl of fruit cocktail for when my munchies kick in.
Got up early this morning to take my son to rugby and ends up it was cancelled...argghhh..could have had a nice sleep in...oh well...will have to make the most of me being up early and clean up and later hit the shops. Need to look for a nice winter jacket, but don't want to spend too much as hopefully within 4-6 months it will be big on me :)

Green Day-
Breakfast- 2 clementines, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Lunch- Edited- 2 bowls of Vegetable Soup, crabsticks (HEB)

Snack- Shapes yogurt and 3 WG Crackerbread (3 syns) with Extra Light Triangle and black pepper

Dinner- Edited: Rice with Daal mixed in, 3 pieces of chicken nibblets from curry I made for the rest of the family (syns???)

Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (6 syns) with Green Lemon Tea
Exercise: Edited: none

Last edited:
I had to edit my menu for yesterday as we went out shopping quicker than I expected, so needed to eat something in a hurry so just had the 2 bowls of vegetable soup and Crackerbread with Laughing Cow triangles. When I came back from shopping we had some guests as well so had to make some rice with daal quick and just had that and my sauce was the chicken curry I had made earlier (not sure how many syns). Had a higher syn day than I usually have, so again let's see how today goes and will try to reduce my syns today and tomorrow. Feeling the stress that I got weighed on Thursday and am weighing again on Monday. Would like to see a 1lb loss, but maybe that is asking too much?? Anyways...let's first see if I can stick to plan. Don't have any unexpected visitors today, so hope to do it!

Green Day
Green Lemon tea to start off the day
Breakfast (everyone else is having pancakes, but I will resist)- 2 grand conference pears, 1 clementine (edited- noticed I didn't have another HEB, so having 42g of All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA))
Lunch-Mushrooms, Baked Beans, Quorn Sausages and SW Chips
Snack- Shapes Yogurt and Melon (SS food- C highly recommended it)
Dinner- Salmon (HEB) with AH Cous Cous (.5 syns) and Spinach
Snack- fruit salad (which I should have had yesterday), Total 0% yogurt with Skinny cow hot chocolate (2 syns)

Exercise: None

Funcurls: Wish I would have read your comment before I reached for some custard filled pastries last night! OH brought them and should have just had my green tea, but they were too good to resist. Then also tried some new Mikados with pistachios which were on sale in Home Bargains. Don't know why I buy them as I can't control myself... so I didn't have a good night, but praying somehow the scales will still be good and give me an STS tonight (wishful thinking).

I joined on November 16th last year...can't believe it's already been a year that has gone by!! I'm proud that I got my 4.5 stone earlier this year and will hopefully get it back soon too. Walking into SW a year back was the best thing I could have done and I feel 10 times better. Have gone from being a size 22/24 to a size 12 (14 still in some stores). I have a pair of size 10 jeans which I bought some time ago and am hoping that soon I will be able to fit into them. I am also hoping to lose a stone by the New Year and I know I can do it (if I can stick to plan 100%). I'm a lady on a mission now...so watch this space!

I also want to thank everyone who has been commenting and supporting me through my journey here on MiniMins...Love you all and thanks for being there with me in my good and bad times! Keep rooting me on :)

Green day

Late Breakfast-Fibre Plus Bar (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea, Shapes yogurt
Lunch- Packet of Low Fat SuperNoodles, an apple
Snack- Green lemon Tea, 3 WG CrackerBread (.5HEB) with EL Laughing Cow Cheese and Black Pepper
Dinner (after WI)- Mexican Chilli with Black Beans and Rice
Snack- Total 0% yogurt with Skinny Cow Hot Chocolate (2 syns) and a crushed Alpen Light (.5HEB), Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Water: 1.0 litre
Exercise: None

Last edited:
What a fab year for you - that's a massive change and you must be so proud!
Oooh, I hope I can make it to target by my 1 year anniversary in May next year, that would be amazing! Am feeling very much back in the zone so anything's possible!

Got my fingers crossed for your WI tonight. I am sure the custard pastries won't have done too much damage :)

Thanks for your comments ladies, some expected news of 1/2 a lb on for me tonight. I am not surprised, but happy that I've still got my 4 stone award to cling to tonight. This week is not going to be great as the celebrations have already started tonight for Eid which is tomorrow and they will last at least until Wednesday. Going to try to be good in the morning/lunch and just enjoy my dinner. OH also invited friends to come on Saturday so it will be an interesting week. May have a few Red or Extra Easy days for a change.

Hi hun, thanks for the message! I hope you're OK with this week's result! As you said you kind of expected it, so hopefully you're keeping your chin up! And as you said you still have that 4 stone glory which is a massive acheivement in itself!! Enjoy this week and just make the right choices whenever you can hun!XXXXXXXX

Eid Mubarak. (Happy Eid)

I'm gonna find it difficult tomorrow as well with all the tasty food.

Hope you have a good week :)

Thanks for the Eid wishes Prawnchopsuey/Funcurls and Happy Eid to you as well oyevoli.

Plans have changed and we are actually staying home tonight and going for a big party in Bradford tomorrow instead to celebrate Eid.

Well last night OH made rice with lamb and seperate lamb curry...so that was last nights dinner after WI instead of what I was supposed to have. This morning OH asked me to make some nice sweet dishes so I made some Halwa (semolina, with butter, sugar and water) and some Semilla (milk, vermicelli, sugar, cardomom powder, sultanas) and a cake.
Only tried a bit of the Halwa, but I'm sure it is high in syns.
Then OH said as it's his brother in law's first Eid why don't I make some new stuff, so I ended up making briyani (with chicken thighs) and some aloo tikka (boiled potatoes with diced onions, tomatoes, chillis, cumin seeds, coriander, salt, pepper and then grilled with a little oil - just dip in egg before you fry) this could actually be SW friendly) and some samosas. I just had a bit of the briyani and 1 aloo tikka.

Tonight OH is going to get the lamb from the butchers, so I'm sure he'll be making something. Hopefully it will be roasted lamb leg, so might dig in to that.

Tomorrow will just have a light breakfast and have normal lunch (high syns!!!) and for dinner just eat an omellette and fruit.

Can't wait to get back on plan on Thursday!!!!

Won't be updating my diary until Thursday so hope you all have a good week :)

Happy Eid hun xxx

Back