my weight loss journey

yumymumywanabe

Fat be-gone
22/9/10

well its been 3 week since i started my little journey, well i say little its actually gonna be a very long journey to get to the end of the road for me 9st to lose, but iv done the hardest thing and actually started, iv done diets before then by the end of the 1st week im back to my old ways,

not this time like i said 3 weeks in and im 8lbs down, never in my life have i lost weight, my main inspiration is my children and my husband, he is in the army so is away ALOT and i get so worried that something will happen to me while he is away and my kids finding me, its my biggest fear,

so im starting this little diary for myself to keep myself on track and its also something i can look back on in months to come

Last edited:
well woke up this morning and good god my body aches from yesterdays work out, i thought after 3 weeks my body would be getting use to all the exercise iv been doing, but no it seems to be still punishing me, still iv got up had some brekkie.. well a brekkie bar as i cant really stomach anything in the morning. that was my main problem i didnt eat brekkie so mid morning id be starving and eat crap that was easy to grab ie crisps, choc,. anyway muscle aches aside iv just done my morning 20min run/walk on the treadmill, gonna grab a shower and go and take advantage of the sun coming out and go and mow the garden, thats a workout in itself (big garden) lol

once garden is done gonna grab summut for lunch, aint got a clue what yet Hmmm thats also something im struggling with, finding food to eat or deciding what to have there is such a variety of stuff im spoilt for choice and it all good for me :) after lunch may grab another shower (BIG GARDEN) lol and then have an hour on the Wii, man i love that thing, hoola hooping is AWESOME, actually yesterday while on there i thought ''oh ill try some yoga'' haha..well iwont be doing that again (for a while) i nearly sprained every bone in my body, god talk about flexibility well i aint so im sure you can imagion how well it went, hubby walk in while i was in some sort of tree sunrise pose lol his face said it all :giggle:.. right iv had my little chit chat here so time to get some stuff done,

lol at the yoga, and well done for your loss 8ib in 3 weeks that is amazing. :)

Great work on your last three weeks :) keep it up!

Must be hard when you have children and are at home alot, i know if I am in the house I am so tempted to cheat so try to get out, so I admire people like you that can stay disciplined when you're home for fairly long periods of time (which I'm guessing you are as you say you have children!)

Lol about yoga too, but great idea - I have heard a few people tell me how good the Wii is for getting fit, so keep it up! I would say though that from a pure weight loss perspective, until you're closer to your ideal weight, diet is definately more important than excercise. I was told at a slimming world group once, if you excercise it will add about an extra 2ib's lost a month or something, which when you're losing 2ib a week as you are may or may not seem like a good reward for your hard work everyday! Of course there's the health benefits and feeling good - but just really surprised me about the weight loss benefits, when I heard it. I guess it's all dependent on how much you excercise, but on avg the idea they told me was diet is definately the key.

Anyway - all that waffle aside, well done again! KEEP IT UP you're doing awesome :)

lol at the yoga, and well done for your loss 8ib in 3 weeks that is amazing. :)

Thanks hun yeah the yoga was funny lol... maybe try it again tomorrow :eek: hehe

Great work on your last three weeks :) keep it up!

Must be hard when you have children and are at home alot, i know if I am in the house I am so tempted to cheat so try to get out, so I admire people like you that can stay disciplined when you're home for fairly long periods of time (which I'm guessing you are as you say you have children!)

Lol about yoga too, but great idea - I have heard a few people tell me how good the Wii is for getting fit, so keep it up! I would say though that from a pure weight loss perspective, until you're closer to your ideal weight, diet is definately more important than excercise. I was told at a slimming world group once, if you excercise it will add about an extra 2ib's lost a month or something, which when you're losing 2ib a week as you are may or may not seem like a good reward for your hard work everyday! Of course there's the health benefits and feeling good - but just really surprised me about the weight loss benefits, when I heard it. I guess it's all dependent on how much you excercise, but on avg the idea they told me was diet is definately the key.

Anyway - all that waffle aside, well done again! KEEP IT UP you're doing awesome :)

thanks sweetie.. its actually not too bad with the kids as my older 2 are at school in the day and my baby (i say baby, he is just 3) usually go out for walks to the park most days, mums & tots twice a week.. and when going to mums & tots we have to go up a hill nicknamed heartbreak hill because its soooo steep lol so thats a workout on its own and i dread it every time im stood at the bottom of it lol..

i never knew that about excercise, might have to lay off it every other day or only do half hr a day instead of an hr.. see thats why i like it here lots of usefull info.. cheers hun x

23/9/10

well today has been a good day except for getting soaked taking the kids to school this morning, got back had myBelvita milk & cereal breakfast biscuits, yummy 226cals for 4 biscuits.. then popped out and got myself a new game for the Wii, just dance, soon as i got back i had to get it out and have a play.. before i know it an hr had passed. its was much fun i esp love the surfin bird dance awesome will prob get it out again in abit.. gonna make myself a home made strawberry smoothy for my lunch and that will leave me with about 1500cals for my tea

also gonna have half hr on with treadmill later if i can keep the kids amused long enough to get on (they try climbing on behind) anyway my morning done.. will prob update my little diary again later tonight

Well i ended up putting just dance on again when the kids got home.. 2 hrs later i was soaking in a hot bath.. kids were fine and i was knackard lol... had a lovely tea.. pork chops done on the lean machine.. and new pototoes with carrot and peas... Mmmm even treated myself to a skinny cow ice lolly 83 cals per lolly.. now gonna chillout and watch the soaps.. and have an earlie night cause im so tired ZzZzzZ friday tomorrow yay

Heya, just to say you're doing really well hun, keep it up!
I can't imagine the madness off ballancing the kids and the exercise and the healthy eating.
hope that it continues to go so well :)

Heya, just to say you're doing really well hun, keep it up!
I can't imagine the madness off ballancing the kids and the exercise and the healthy eating.
hope that it continues to go so well :)

Ah cheers babez.. yeah it really hard.. trying to find an hr here and an hr there to get time to get some exercise. Although having little ones to run around after proberly helps me more then i realise lol.. eating is worse though before i started this id eat with the kids, and hubby, fish chips, nuggets, fish fingers you know easy quick stuff to make, im sure ill get us to preparing 2 differant meals though, also its been getting out of the habbit not to pick at the kids left overs.. i was terrible for that.. but its going well so far i just hope it stays heading in the right direction. i cant see why it wouldnt though now iv got my head into the game :)

24/9/10

today has been another good day managed to get in some exercise and stay under my 1800 cal.. not really got much else to add to my little diary today as i didnt really get up that much and absolutely nothing happened.. gonna be a good day tomorrow as its the last day me and the kids spend with hubby before he heads to scotland for a week to do his 95 mile walk in 5 days for charity.. will be interesting how the eating goes when hubby aint here and the kids are in bed boredom is my biggest enermy.. gonna have to make sure i have plenty of ice to suck on.. ice is my thing at the minute lol..anyway beds calling

26/9/10

well hubby went this morning and i think im doing really well so far, i thought id get a little bit down and eat, but i havent, didnt have any brekkie this morning but treated myself to a cornbeef sarnie which was lush, totally 500cal but as i didnt have any brekkie it still leaves me with 1000cal for my tea and 100cal for my home made smoothy after..

tonight once the kids go to bed though is going to be a test.. before i started this diet id just get so bored id eat and eat and eat.. need to find a little hobby to do at home once the kids go to bed, something with my hands, sowing, knitting, drawing, writting Hmmm??.. Anyway i am really dreading tonight i just have to keep thinking about the end result and hopefully that will keep me on track, right im off cause im gonna jump on the treadmill for 20 mins then have hr on the Wii

27/9/10

well with hubby being away its not effecting my diet or exercise at all which im really suprised about cause i usually eat and eat when he aint here esp when the kids go to bed and bordom sets in during the evening, today has been a good day had my breakfast

oatbar 85cal
2 belvita 56cal each

i had a nice 90 min workout this morning which left me feeling awesome, then had some lunch

didnt really do much this afters, really need to split my workout so when im in the house in the afternoon i have something to do,
gonna go make my tea in about an hr

having a pork chop grilled and the fat removed not sure what with yet have about 300cals left to find something delish to go with Hmmm???

anyway im off but will return tomorrow with more riveting onfo lol

EDITED TO ADD: WEIGH IN TOMORROW...EEEK

Last edited:
oh thanks hun... yeah he is in the army... hes away at the minute in scotland doing a charity walk..96 miles in 5 days.. i wish i could have gone and done it... today he covered 22miles and lost a total of 3000 calories.. lol... and he dont even need to lose weight.. but joking aside its for a really good cause

weigh in today

EEEEEK!!:p:p

EDITED TO ADD:
2LBS LOSS YAY

Last edited:
Congrats!

oh thanks babez

29/9/10

yesterday was such a good day and yesterday was the 1st day that i wasnt constantly hungry, i found a really good snack rice cakes 30kcal so if i do start feeling abit niggly between meals i have 1 of those, managed to get an hr on the wii fit in the morning, and 45 mins on just dance in the evening with the kids
food diary for yesterday

b 2 rice cakes and an oatbar 85kcal
l 2 rice cakes and an apple
d half a pizza 440kcal
drinks.. water, lots and lots of water

today im planning the same kinda food, but exercise im going on the treadmill as aint been on there for a few days

Congrats on the 2lbs loss, that's great!

Congrats on the 2lbs loss, that's great!

thanks hun x

i was really worried i wasnt going to lose anything cause i had a sneaky weigh in on the sunday and it said i hadnt lost anything, so i work my little (to be) ass off sunday night, all monday and tuesday morning and manage to bring it back wont be having earlie weigh ins again lol

Back