Step 1 Sole Source + My weight loss journey

SocialButterfly80

Hello everyone,

This week marks the start of the rest of my life. I am on day 3 of the Cambridge diet and am determined to reach my goal weight and stick to the programme. I know it won't be easy and there will be dark days (like the first 3!) but I need to be strong and not give up.

I have been on this forum the past few days and been amazed at the results people are achieving. I want to be one of those success stories.

I have just ordered a skirt that I am to fit in on Christmas day. I will keep this hung in my bedroom as my motivation - or maybe it should be by the fridge!!

So - here is my first post of many. Let's do this journey and all end up at a great destination!!

Hi Social Butterfly

Welcome to SS+!!! I'm on day 11 and there have been ups and downs but as long as I can stay determined and as you say focus on my goal (my wedding dress!!!) all will be fine!

Hope you're week 1 is going well and keep one eye on that skirt!!

Jenni

Welcome Butterfly - we can do it!!

x

Thanks guys. Feeling the hunger pangs right now as I am making the children's tea and it smells good! But - think of the skirt, think of the skirt!! Have downloaded a new book so early night and some reading for me - to stop me raiding the fridge!!

Help!!! We are on our way to Blackpool illuminations and I am trapped in a car with my husband and kids eating Mcdonalds. This is pure torture. I keep sipping my water pretending it's a big mac but who am I kidding?!?

Ohh I feel your pain! I'm hiding in my room from cocktails, nibbles and gorgeous looking home baked cupcakes. A bottle of water in my hand too...idontneedcakeidontneedcakeidontneedcake....!!

It's so hard isn't it!! I'm not actually hungry - just annoyed I can't have one! Really hoping I don't always feel this bitter about other people eating! You are doing well hiding away! This first weigh in better be worth it....

Hows it going today Butterfly? Im struggling so keeping my fingers busy...not long till first weigh in...Tuesday 1pm!

Hi there! Found it REALLY difficult this weekend!! I haven't necessarily been hungry its just I have realised food was such a massive part of my life. It is the social aspect I miss. I feel I am missing out on certain things like Saturday take away night! I am proud to have almost completed my first week - my weigh in is tomorrow at 11.30! How have you found it? Doesn't it get exciting when weigh in is near?

Thanks for the message by the way PuddingsKC - it makes it easier having people to talk to on here as unless you are doing the diet no-one can appreciate how flipping hard it is!

Well done butterfly, thats really great! I hope I do well tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Weekend was so hard, worked all day/night at a wedding and not even a lick of my fingers after cutting amazin gooey choc wedding cake. So jealous of the rest ofy team tucking into leftover bbq food and profiteroles. But i did it.

I have found this forum amazing for support, really amazing and inspirational. We're all in it together right and we all feel the same way about food so yes its really nice to chat with people going thru the same things xx

Well done both of you for staying so ON IT!!!

Butterfly - massive congrats on the week 1 WI! It really does give you the boost you need...

Pudding KC - how did you get on with your WI (I think from the above this would have been yesterday?)

I agree smelling other people's nice food is TORTURE! My OH wafted a burger and chips in my face week 1 and then wondered why I got so crabby about it - I huffed off and went to get a shake to like you say, pretend that it was just as good!

Keep going - it will all be worth it when that skirt fits!

Thanks frizzyjen! How are you doing on the diet?

Found today really tough and just feel I want to indulge in something! Been fine this week until now. I won't give in but it's so hard. :(

Hi butterfly! My first weigh in (tuesday) was 8lbs off AND 12odd inches!!! Was over the moon!

Now into wk2 and doing okay so far...i did lots of hokiday prep today so thats given me the little extra boost i needed!

Off to bootcamp in abit fingers crossed i survive...xx

Good luck with that!! You have done fantastic in your first week - cant wait to see how we both do this week! I feel hungry today and not sure why? I don't work on a Thursday so probably being at home all day and doing the family Tesco shop has been too much!!

Could murder a KFC but I will not give in!!!! Have fun tonight!

Thanks frizzyjen! How are you doing on the diet?

Hi

I'm doing OK - 12 lbs and about 8 inches in my first 2 weeks. Am in the middle of week 3 now. There have deffo been ups and downs (possibly more downs than ups at the moment...). Really pleased with the weight loss and think this week am starting to feel the inch loss... having to try to keep bringing myself back to my goals and reminding myself why I started on this in the first place. I am determined to get my weight down and this time REALLY want to maintain it.

I think a lot of it is trial and error, finding the flavours/types of 'meals' that you like best and that you can live with. My 'foods' of choice are: hot mint-choc, hot choc-orange, choc shake (made into a little cake/pudding thing), the banana and choc tetra packs, forest fruits and the mint-choc bars. I'm amazed at how much of my favourites are chocolate based flavours as chocolate is not really something I'm massively bothered by when not on this diet, I'm more of a savoury girl!

PLus I think spicing up the 200 cal meals has been a must for me - not too good with bland food!

Keep going both of you, you're doing great!

You are doing brilliant frizzyjen!! Well done! I can imagine in week 3 you start to feel the difference - cant wait to get there!

Going for a family meal at my parents tomorrow and there is always so much food!! Will just keep sipping the water! I think I find weekends the hardest so bracing myself for the next couple of days.

I have tried the porridge and soups but can't stand either! I tend to prefer the chocolate shakes and peanut bars but gosh they make my jaw ache!! Not used to chewing anymore!

Lets all keep up the good work and hope the weeks fly by! X

Going for a family meal at my parents tomorrow and there is always so much food!! Will just keep sipping the water! I think I find weekends the hardest so bracing myself for the next couple of days.

I have tried the porridge and soups but can't stand either! I tend to prefer the chocolate shakes and peanut bars but gosh they make my jaw ache!! Not used to chewing anymore!

Lets all keep up the good work and hope the weeks fly by! X

Thanks Butterfly! Feeling a bit flaky again this afternoon - yesterday and today am proper wobbling!

I agree about the weekends being difficult... am trying to work out how i can fill the time so I can take my mind off food, but have been invited out to drinks both tonight and tomorrow nights (leaving do and pre-wedding get together for colleagues) - want to go but dont think I can without wanting a bloody good drink!!!!

Back