Step 1 Sole Source + My weight loss journey

That is the worst thing about this diet - missing out on all the social things! I have three nights out planned between now and Christmas so my consultant just advised me to drink vodka or gin and have water in between!

However - knowing when to stop would be the problem then ignoring the craving for a pizza on the way home!!

Really hope once this weight is lost I will be able to achieve a happy balance and still feel like I have a life! X

That is the worst thing about this diet - missing out on all the social things! I have three nights out planned between now and Christmas so my consultant just advised me to drink vodka or gin and have water in between!

However - knowing when to stop would be the problem then ignoring the craving for a pizza on the way home!!
X

My problem is wanting WINE!!!! The food I think I can deal with but really want to crack open a bottle I have in the cupboard! As well as obviously going out and just having even 1 glass!

And then there's the hangover munchies the day after - a shake just doesn't cut it!!!

I have just had to endure a full Sunday roast at my mother in laws!! It looked and smelt amazing! Yesterday was a big family meal at my parents with home made pies, quiches and cakes!!

I cannot believe I resisted everything and just had water! I feel proud but also upset at all the lovely food I have missed! I am learning to control that little voice in my head that tries to tempt me into just eating a little bit!

My tummy is now full of water and I am building myself up to my chocolate shake! My clothes are feeling a lot better on me and I had more energy with my boys at the park. However right now I just want home made quiche....and roast potatoes :(

I have just had to endure a full Sunday roast at my mother in laws!! It looked and smelt amazing! Yesterday was a big family meal at my parents with home made pies, quiches and cakes!!
:(

Are you doing SS+ with the 4 shakes and milk or 3 with the 200cal meal option? Guess on the roast front, if you are on the food option you could have had a piece of chicken with some brocoli/cauliflower?

I have my WI tonight and a bit nervous - don't think I've piled anything on (though haven't stuck to the diet 100% have still made sure I've kept the cals and carbs down!).. we shall see!

How was the weigh in? Hope you had a good result!

I am doing SS+ so somedays I have the milk option, somedays I have chicken and salad and the other days just shakes. The problem with the roast yesterday was that she had made gammon, carrots and parsnips - all things I can't have!

Felt quite low today about the diet and feeling that I am a bit trapped. I am scared how I will cope over Christmas with so many nights out as I don't want to undo all my good work! Whenever you diet there is always something that tries to make you stumble. Just feel I am holding on with my finger nails....

Hi

Sorry I didn't come back yesterday, just didn't feel like posting after my Monday WI... lost 1lb which I was disappointed with but at least it's not any on or stayed the same I guess... Trying to hit it hard and be really committed this week as want more off next week!!!

Try not to start to panic about Xmas just yet.. you have a couple of months to hit it hard core between now and then and you've had fab losses so far...You have a similar target date to me (if yours is still valid?) - I'm aiming to get to about 1.5 stone off and then move up a step so that I can make it feel slightly less painful but still keep losing weight. Plus my CDC has said to me even about having the odd week (as I need it) even up as far as steps 4/5 then go back to a lower step and carry on so I think there are probably more options than you think it might just come down to patience.. (which I know can sometimes be IMPOSSIBLE!!!)

Each day is a new one, deep breath and focus on the goal...

Jx

Thanks very much! Sometimes you just need some words of encouragement from someone else going through it too!

1lb off is still half a bag of sugar so well done!! It's hard seeing a number like that though when you are being so dedicated and want big numbers on weigh in day. I get weighed tomo but having it later in the day than usual so worried that will make a big difference! On my scales at home I am 3lb heavier in the afternoon than the morning!

I passed a big exam at work today and my first thought was "I will treat myself to something nice for tea" which of course I can't! That is probably why I am in this mess in the first place.

Oh well - I shall see what tomo brings - fingers crossed!

Make sure you stay positive and take one day at a time!

Sarah x

Wow wow wow!! Just had second weigh in and lost 10lb!!!!!!

That is 20lb in 2 and a bit weeks! It has certainly given me a much needed boost!!!

Well done butterfly! That's fantastic news and just the encouragement I'm looking for to get back to being 100%!!

xx

Think this weekend has been the easiest one so far! Feel like I am really getting into it so its true what people say - it does get easier!!

Last night I ordered a take away with my husband like we always used to on a Saturday. However this time I ordered a chicken shaslick which is basically chicken tikka cooked in a clay oven. It came with a pot of sauce which I didn't have but opted for a plate of lettuce instead. It was beautiful and felt I had a treat even though it was basically chicken and lettuce like I have every day!! My husband had naan bread etc but I just didn't feel the need for any of that.

My cambridge consultant advised the above choice so maybe once a month that will be my little treat!

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend x

Great to read ur posts! I have been thinking about food all weekend, planning when u can eat something! So nice to hear I am going through the same thought as u guys! It seems where ever I turn people are talking about food, and u am trying to block their voices out! Sip sip of the water!
Well done for ur losses guys! Look forward to more posts and inspiration! Xxx

Last night I ordered a take away with my husband like we always used to on a Saturday. However this time I ordered a chicken shaslick which is basically chicken tikka cooked in a clay oven. It came with a pot of sauce which I didn't have but opted for a plate of lettuce instead. It was beautiful and felt I had a treat even though it was basically chicken and lettuce like I have every day!! My husband had naan bread etc but I just didn't feel the need for any of that.

My cambridge consultant advised the above choice so maybe once a month that will be my little treat!
x

Well done you! And a small treat like that, which like you say is still roughly in keeping with SS+ food option, isn't going to break the bank! Plus I think it can help keep u on track as you're being a little tiny bit naughty without completely caving in... Mine has been a portion of chicken tikka starter with a spinach side dish - not great but also 1000 times better than what I would normally be ordering/eating!!!

When's your next WI? Got mine tomorrow (a day late) so trying to take advantage of the extra day and make up for any minor misdemeanours over the weekend!!!

Hope you're having a good day!

Jx

Hi there! My next weigh in isn't till a week on Thursday. My consultant lives about a 30 minute drive away so I have decided to make the journey every two weeks - this will also hopefully show big numbers on the scales when 14 days apart!

People at work have started to notice the weight loss today which is such an incentive. I don't know if I will ever stop seeing food as a reward though - passed another big exam today and again my first thought was what I could treat myself to for tea!! I was a good girl though and just had a shake!!

Hope you got through the weekend ok - always feel better when another one is out of the way!!

Here is to another positive 100% weight loss week!!

Sarah x

Back