My weight maintenance diary

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
Well I have decided to make a conscious effort to maintain my weight or achieve slight losses some weeks. I'm 24 weeks on Tuesday and I have gained one stone, which I feel is about enough. She put on my 20 wk scan report, visibility reduced due to raised bmi which I thought was a little harsh my bmi was about 29 :( I'll also be a planned section so it's better if I'm not too heavy.

Right I've been thinking about a plan and I think I'll go with this one.

Eat only when im hungry
Eat really slow
Stop when satisfied
Make mainly healthy choices
Drink water
Do some exercise daily (even if it's just a few mins)

Right I've been thinking about a plan and I think I'll go with this one.

Eat only when im hungry
Eat really slow
Stop when satisfied
Make mainly healthy choices
Drink water
Do some exercise daily (even if it's just a few mins)

Sounds a good plan to me, I to am trying to but I am finding it easy to cave in. I have put on 12lbs and am 23 weeks this week. I am trying to cut down or drink before I decide to eat something and then go for fruit before anything else.
Take care

I've changed my mind, I'm going to calorie count with my fitness pal, aiming to STS or lose .5 lbs a week.

Start weight 13 stone 8lbs:
Weigh in : Tuesday's

Weekly Exercise:
pregnancy yoga x 1
Swim x 1
Walk x 1-2

I think I'll join you. So far I've gained over 20lb and I'm not happy about it at all. This weather is too hot to be carrying so much excess weight. A walk in the park this morning was not easy at all, I had to keep stopping and sitting down which was no fun for my girls. I'm going to join MFP now and set my calories to 2,000. Good luck to you x

Good luck to you too!! I know what u mean, I feel big and awkward already, I can't imagine what ill be like in another 14 weeks!! Anyway, I feel better even trying to do something healthy and sensible about it. I'm on 1600 cals, and it's easy enough to manage with, including treats;)

Last edited:
Total cals today - 1650
Exercise - swam 30 lengths in 30 mins.

Feeling positive, but I'm eating too many carbs which is making me hungry and snack a lot, so more protein and healthy carbs. I've an awful notion about cream crackers - can't stop eating them !!!

Ok well the weekend wasn't great, but I'll start properly again now

Just put a line under it and start again. That is all you can do, it is one hell of a battle trying manage food during pregnancy, as long as you do your best that is all you can do :)

Weigh in today - STS. Im happy with that

well it looks like my boys might have been exposed to chickenpox, they are both sniffy and cross today so might be on its way. I dont know if ive had it so ive been to the GP for a test to see if Im immune (fingers crossed I am). Here's hoping they get a mild dose if they do get it.

I didn't weigh in this morning, I will tomorrow but im not optimistic

I gained 4 lbs - gulp! But I definately had a growth spurt too, baby even feels bigger when it moves about!

I gained 4 lbs - gulp! But I definately had a growth spurt too, baby even feels bigger when it moves about!

I've started a fairly strict low GI diet, not to lose weight obviously but to try and boost my energy, I'm really struggling in the afternoons to cope with 2 small boys. So I know from experience when I cut out junk and cut down carbs I have way more energy, so I'm going to give it a go:)

Good luck - I am anemic and get so tired but for me personally I find carbs give me the slow burned energy. But everyone is different, you know yourself best, but I would not cut out carbs completely as the baby and you need a balance diet!

Thanks, yes I'll still eat some brown bread rice and pasta. I feel better already.
Today
Breakfast : porridge and soy milk
Snack: apple and nuts
Lunch: egg beans and toast (1)
Dinner: chicken salad, 1 slice pizza and 2 dark chocolates.

I STS this week, I'd want to have after gaining 4 lbs last week. I'm feeling a bit more energetic now that I'm eating healthier:)

Back