My weight was one big plateau, but it's not any more thanks to my food diary

Lost .6 lb. Quite disappointed with that considering I spent all day working hard at a bootsale and did a whole batch of gardening yesterday. Still at least it puts me into the next stone down, even if it is only just. Got a really difficult few days ahead food wise, so am going for EE SP today.

Food diary for today

B - 3 egg omelette (P), mushrooms, cherry tomatoes (both S)

L - Home made low fat pork burgers (P), onions, cauliflower, carrots (all S)

D - Kingsmill wholemeal roll (8 syns), Bovril, cherry tomatoes (S), 2 slices Dairylea Lighht (HEA) 500g stewed rhubarb, split between lunch and dinner (HEB)

Drinks - Diet cream soda

Last edited:
Most probably things are changing bodily rather than weight-wise Lixida, plus you don't have very much to lose which often makes quite a difference.

If it's Warburtons wholemeal rolls you are looking for I know they stock them in Tesco.

Warburtons 4 Wholemeal Batch Rolls - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

You're a lady after my own heart as I do love to do things properly if I'm going to do them at all!
Keep up the good work.

I reckon the main thing to remember with EE SP is that half of your plate must be P foods and the other half S foods.

Anything that has syns you must take the highest out of red green or EE.

No free yogurts. No spuds, rice, pasta. 2`1s 2 b`s.

Not that I can do SP because I am diabetic and need the carbs.

Keep saying I am going to try red again,

Anyway, good luck with your continued weigh loss.

Hi Nanny Doreen, from what I've seen, SP is very similar to the old red days. It's only 1 HEA choice and 2 B choices, (I think that's what you meant to type), whereas red is two of each. The other main difference is that the vegetables / fruit, as you say, have to be those marked with an S in the book. Although I didn't have access to the site for most of yesterday and until around ten minutes ago, so I wasn't able to complete my food diary, I've been following SP since Saturday lunch time.

Still getting my head around it, but I'm understanding it much more now that I have all the up to date books.

The one big thing about SP is that SW recommend you don't do it for any longer than 2 weeks. In that context, it's like the old Success Express, which I never did.

I can see that you would have difficulty following it as you are diabetic, meaning you probably need the carbs. Having said that, you might be able to get those from your 2 x HEb choices and maybe make up some more from your daily 15 syn allowance, which you can still have, even on SP.

Thanks for the pointer on the rolls and the encouragement Emmaline Re the Warburtons at Tesco, it must be a local thing. I can't get them at either of my local Tesco stores or on line.

Off to play catch up on my food diary now.

Last edited:
Wow...just got off the scales. I know we're always told not to weigh daily, but it's something I've nearly always done and it's hard to break the habit. That aside, I really do find it's a huge encouragement and keeps me focussed even if I lose so much as 0.2lb, while it keeps me in check if the pounds start to creep on. I can honestly say it's been during the months I've not been able, or not wanted, to get on the scales that the weight has piled on without me noticing. OK, I do get disappointed if I stay the same or don't lose much, but it's such a boost when the daily loss is more than expected or hoped for.

Today, I'm thrilled as I've lost another 1.4lbs since yesterday. That's a whopping 7lbs in just 9 days. I'm now into the next stone down and am over the moon.

OK, the next few days are going to be really hard as I'm staying in a Travelodge having to face fast foods, greasy cafes, fish and chip shops and Indian takeaways. Believe me, they are not my choice of eating venues, but I'll have to make the best pick from a bad bunch as I tip toe my way through their diet unfriendly menus. I hope I make the right choices and I don't get back on the scales on Sunday to find I've wiped out a good proportion of my lost pounds.

In the meantime, I'm keeping to SP today

B - 35g Porridge (HEB), 250mls milk (HEA), 2 eggs scrambled (P), pear, clementine (both S)

L - Pork burgers p, carrots S, cauliflower S, Melon S,

D - Kingsmill brown roll 8 syns, cherry tomatoes S, ham ], Bovril

Drinks - Diet cream soda
Snacks - cherry toms

Last edited:
Wowee! That's brill! Well done Lixida, but now don't be getting into a frenzy about your stay away.. after all no doubt like the most of us they are few and far between so enjoy and get back on plan a.s.a.p.

Thank you Emaline....I'm still smiling from ear to ear.

You are doing so well. It is right what you say about me and sp. I guess I could carbs on the b choice. I will look further into it when I get back from my weekend away. I do like my spuds though.

Oh dear. Had a disastrous few days. But I'm glad to say I'm back on track now. Hair a slight weight gain. Hardly surprising considering I had one of the most delicious Indian's I've ever had in my life. Still, I'm focussed again now. Went to make some porridge to find my milk was off, so am having fruit for breakfast for now and then got to go out shopping

B - Melon, apples, pears, clementines

L - Low fat pork mince (again), cauliflower, Oxo gravy, new potatoes

D - Wholemeal roll, (Kingsmill) 8 syns with Bovril, 2 x Weetabix (HEB)

Snacks - cherry tomatoes

Drink - Diet cream soda, tea, 250mls SS milk

Last edited:
Oh dear. Had a disastrous few days. But I'm glad to say I'm back on track now. Hair a slight weight gain. Hardly surprising considering I had one of the most delicious Indian's I've ever had in my life. Still, I'm focussed again now. Went to make some porridge to find my milk was off, so am having fruit for breakfast for now and then got to go out shopping

Don't we all have them sorts of days Lixida..sounds like you really enjoyed that Indian meal anyway! Yay!

Don't we all have them sorts of days Lixida..sounds like you really enjoyed that Indian meal anyway! Yay!

Must confess, the India on my Saturday evening binge was absolutely delicious. However, I am paying the price for it with the weight I put on after one mad meal taking ages to come off. Isn't that always the way though? Thankfully I've got less than half a pound to lose to get back to my 'pre-binge' weight :) so I'm happy to be getting there. Doing a food diary does help to keep me focussed and so does the support I get on here too. I'm even going for my body magic award. I'm quite limited over what I do because of the open heart surgery I underwent at the end of 2013, but I try the hardest I can to push myself to my limits.

B - 30g porridge, with 250mls SS milk (HEB AND HEA)

L - scrambled eggs, cherry tomatoes, green salad, pickles

D - steamed salmon, mange tout, carrots, peas, broccoli

Drinks - diet cream soda, tea

Last edited:
Have shed all the weight I put on after Saturday's curry plus I've lost an additional 1.2 lbs. I'm thrilled. I'm even in with a shout of meeting my pledge of 2lb off when I weigh in at group. My food diary is helping me to stay focussed, but so it the competitiveness of going to group.

Off to have a late breakfast:

B - Strawberries, 2 weetabix, 250 mls SS milk

L - lamb steak, onions, mushrooms, new potatoes, oxo gravy

D - Apples, pears, clementines, chicken, cherry tomatoes, new potatoes

Drink - diet cream soda, tea

Last edited:
Well done Lixida, you should be able to change your title of a plateau now! Yay!
You are right Emmaline, I'm no longer plateauing, but I don't know how to change the title. Since yesterday, I've managed to shed 1.8lbs, making it a loss of the 2.6lbs I put on through the curry on Saturday plus a further 3lbs. So a total of 5.6lbs off in this week. I've got less than a stone to lose and having already dropped over two stone, I'm more than happy.

Recording everything I've eaten has certainly kept me focussed and I@m really pleased that I started my food diary. Yes, I have a challenge coming up over the bank holiday when I visit my daughter in laws parents for 3 days, but I'm determined enough to stay off the crisps, nuts, cakes, buttered bread and other fattening things that I know will surround me.

Rushing off to grab breakfast now. Looks as if I'll have porridge. Will fill in my diary later today when I know what I've eaten

B - 30g porridge, 250mls SS milk, apple, plum

L - Grilled chicken, jacket potatoes, radishes, green salad, cherry plum tomatoes. Strawberries topped with sweetened Total 0% Greek yogurt

D - Omelette, cherry tomatoes, green salad

Drinks - tea, diet cream soda

Last edited:
Hi Lixida
Have been reading through with real interest as I have been messing about with my weight for far too long! You have done so well and what a great inspiration. I am finally joining SW class which will be real help. Will pop in later to see your menu!!

Hi Lixida
Have been reading through with real interest as I have been messing about with my weight for far too long! You have done so well and what a great inspiration. I am finally joining SW class which will be real help. Will pop in later to see your menu!!

Thank you solange. I was messing around for months too, I'd lose a bit then gain it, lose it again then gain it again. I started to lose quite a lot just before Christmas then was so ill in January and February that I was bed-bound and my weight shot up. It was only when I started my food diary two and half weeks ago that I got my head in the right place and got really focussed. Up to that point, I'd cheat at the drop of a hat without even realising it, which was why I was plateauing.

Now, I exercise more, concentrate on my posture and think about every single item I put in my mouth before it goes in. Yes, I did fall 'off the wagon' on Saturday and paid the price for it, but other than that, I've been food optimising 100%. I am very competitive and when my ex husband ridiculed me for rejoining Slimming World, saying I could ill afford to spend out £200 over the course of the year to lose weight, nothing could have been more like a red rag to a bull. So I'm determined to get to target in a matter of weeks and so far I'm heading in the right direction. I originally set myself a challenge that I'd get to target by 18th September, based on losing a pound a week and although I appreciate my weight loss will slow down, I've now only got 12.6 lbs to lose, so should get there by around 22nd August. Be interesting to see if I can make it or improve on that date even further. I do hope so.

Sounding really positive there Lixida! WTG!]

If you would like to change the title at some time go to the very first entry of your diary , click on "Edit Post" then on "Go Advanced" where you will then see your title is available for you to change.
[/QUOTE
Thanks for that info, about to do it now...

Back