my weird ramblings

Hi Claire,

Don't take the bear back.... have Madam take it with her to the hospital and document the bear having medical care, too. It could back with a bandage around the head, etc. Maybe an NHS bracelet on its wrist, etc.

Then, you can take the bear back on Friday -- it won't go home with anyone else before that day. And, your daughter might like having the bear with her.

I'll have to scan the couple of pages from when we had the class toy when my DD was in Reception -- and post them for you to see. We took it to the base laundry and gave it a good wash and dry (it needed it). We took pictures of Tigger in the tumble dryer and then had "him" write about what fun he had being tossed around in it! lol And, we bought a "female" tiger to go back with him... so, he got lucky when on his hols with us! ;)

had to laugh thou, read one of the earlier childrens report and the parents wrote i kid you not "saturday, we went no where as mum stayed in bed and dad was too busy on the computer" then "sunday was the same as saturday"
wow come on at least pretend lol

This made me laugh, too. I observed "Kindergarten Entrance Interviews" years ago (I was a middle school teacher, but had asked to observe this process). And one of the questions asked of each child was, "What does your dad do?" Of course, the hope is that the unfinished question would be interpreted as "...do for a living, job, etc." Some of the answers were very similar to the comment you read. One girl thought about and then said, "My dad sits on the sofa, drinks beer and yells at my mom!" lol Out of the mouths of five year olds!

I hope you have a lovely Sunday? Taking the bear out anywhere?

MM

Morning Claire.

Just thought I pop in and wish you and DD a good day. My DD is sitting at the kitchen table and muttering as I make her write up something to say, in case they have to "present" their projects. With her communications difficulties we need to have her write it out and practice it.

MM

well im back

bear went back monday to get it out my way

so madam went into hospital tuesday for her op. she went down about 11.30am and was out about 1.20pm
they removed her tonsils and adnoids and checked her throat which had indeed narrowed and had scar tissue blocking other parts
they removed the scar tissue and stretched her throat before sending her to recovery where she turned into the grumpiest child ever, throwing herself around the bed
got back to the ward where she was given even more painkillers ( she had parecetamol, codiene, diclofenic, fentanyl ) and she finally drifted off but she woke after an hour and vomited a large amount of blood so que panic while they get the doctors back to check her throat and stop the bleeding. they put her back on nil by mouth and onto a drip, very restless night for madam.
were home now and madam appears to have an infection already, keeping an eye but might have to take a trip to the out of hours over the weekend

so yeah didnt behave while we were in hospital and quite frankly i dont care
back on it today thou, got a week to minimize the damage done and get my ass back in gear

Hi Claire,

I was wondering how things were going. I am so sorry that "madam" (and you have had such a rough time of it). She is on antibiotics atm. if so, perhaps, they'll kick in and you'll avoid and out-of-hours. Good on you for not beating yourself over not being to stick with the CD perfectly whilst in hospital with a sick child. You do what you can... and focus on what is important at that time.

BIG HUGS!!! To you both.

MM

no shes not on antibiotics, seemed fine in hospital just a runny nose but that was expected due to adnoid removal but its now the thick green stuff that shes struggling to clear and bless her she smells like somethings died up there, the smell is all over my house now making me gag

Oh Claire,

Please call the doctor now and see if you can get this sorted. Sounds like an infection for sure.

MM

back again, lol
took madam to the gp who gave a prescription but told me not to get it yet as maybe it would improve, hmm no saturday she was in an awful state so antibiotics were started asap, she looks alot better today but the smell hasnt gone yet
she was nice thou and shared her germs so ive been ill too
my weights shockingly high this morning so now that i can breath slightly better and dropped a couple of my medications im gonna be fighting my way back on it before i bloat out of all my clothes

Morning Claire,

I am glad Madam is getting better, and am sorry that you've contracted her bug. I am sure you'll drop the added weight soon, a lot of it is probably retained water.

I hope you both have a Happy St. Patrick's Day.

MM

hey mel, hows you today?

well i bought myself some scales the other day, hopped on em this morning and there saying im 17 stone 11lb. thats 2 stone up on what i weighed last september, really am disgusted with myself
i dont see my cdc now till next wednesday and im hoping to be in the 16's by then

hey mel, hows you today?

well i bought myself some scales the other day, hopped on em this morning and there saying im 17 stone 11lb. thats 2 stone up on what i weighed last september, really am disgusted with myself
i dont see my cdc now till next wednesday and im hoping to be in the 16's by then

Hi Claire,

I'm doing well, thanks for asking.

With everything you and madam have been through lately, it is understandable that you've jumped up a bit.

Stick to plan and you'll lose the little regain, and continue your losses. Baby steps... mine is coming off slowly this time, but I am hoping to learn how to keep it off since I have so much time do it!

MM

mines coming off slowly but goes on damn fast if i deviate

mines coming off slowly but goes on damn fast if i deviate

I know -- doesn't seem right. I have been trying to figure out why that is!

I hope you and madam have a good evening.

MM

I know -- doesn't seem right. I have been trying to figure out why that is!

I hope you and madam have a good evening.

MM

madam went to bed early, told me she was tired and wanted to go, lol

mel can i ask, what the heck is crisco?
is there a uk alternative? im meant to be making a birthday cake and have been looking at making the frosting but they all ask for crisco and i cant find it, lol

Hi Claire,

Crisco is a brand of hydrogenated vegetable shortning.
I'd use butter instead... Google buttercream frosting recipes.

MM

i found our alternative is something called trex, they sell it in asda

well i hopped on the scales this morning, 17 stone 6lb. 5lb gone over night, i LOVE cambridge!

so today im going to bake and decorate cupcakes with madam. shes going to spend the weekend with my sister so i get the fun of baking with madam and then can get rid of the cakes to my sisters house, lol

this birthday cake im meant to be making is a nightmare. asked my friend what flavours they wanted....... they dont know
what shape?....... they dont know
what kind of decorations....... they dont know
arrrrrrgh, the birthday is next thursday and ive no idea what to do

Hi Claire,

I just baked a giant cupcake cake for someone with whom I used to work. I bought the silicone mould at a Poundstretcher type store for 4.99. It is the second time I have used it.

MM

well scales are showing a gain today. 17st 9lb, no idea why

well today i intend to get outside into the sunshine. am on my own since kayas at my sisters so think i might go out to the peaks for a long walk

Hi Claire,

What did you end up doing? We went to Kenilworth Castle has walked around the ruins -- it was so lovely outside today.

MM

Back