My Wise Biscuit, Cake, Dessert & Sweets Recipes

These all sound incredible. I'm going to have to write them down and experiement with the family!!

Thanks so much for sharing!

WOW they all sound scrummy, I'll def make some of them

CHOCOLATE BROWNIES

INGREDIENTS
1.5 Tblsp Vegetable Oil (9 syns)
4 Medium Eggs
7-14 Tblsp Splenda (depending how bitter you like it)
56g Self Raising Flour (9 syns)
56g Cocoa (Green & Blacks = (10 syns)
FRYLIGHT

You can add the following:

28g chopped walnuts = 9.5 syns or
28g milk choc drops. = 7.5 syns

METHOD

Preheat oven to 180C / 350F / GM 4 / 160 Fan Assisted

Spray a 9" x 9" tin with frylight and line with baking paper

Beat together eggs, sweetener and oil until lightly thickened (for a more risen cake beat for 10 mins).

Sift cocoa and SR Flour together and fold in with a metal spoon until well combined. Also fold in nuts or choc chips if using.

Pour into tin and level with a palette knife.

Cook for 15-20 mins or until firm to touch.

Cut into 25 pieces at just over 1 SYN a square without additions.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just made these and wow! Very nice, I used 9 spoons of sweetner and put some cream cheese on top.

My Wise Biscuit, Cake, Dessert & Sweets Recipes

Brilliant recipes - they all look great... Now what to try first...mmmmmm!!

I lost almost 5 stone and feel very good. Am keeping the weight off but for some reason I crave cake. Something that has never interested me before this diet. I will certainly make lots of these recipes over the next few weeks. I have been craving swiss roll but do not dare make that because I will eat it all in one go. Made the syn free roulade a few times and put syn free lemon curd in it and that was nice but not the same as something with flour. Thank you for your thread it is fantastic.

Thank you! That lemon meringue recipe is gonna satisfy a craving!

I lost almost 5 stone and feel very good. Am keeping the weight off but for some reason I crave cake. Something that has never interested me before this diet. I will certainly make lots of these recipes over the next few weeks. I have been craving swiss roll but do not dare make that because I will eat it all in one go. Made the syn free roulade a few times and put syn free lemon curd in it and that was nice but not the same as something with flour. Thank you for your thread it is fantastic.

Sonyam I freeze baked goods out of fear of eating them all in one go (which I happily will). For some reason the fact they're frozen gives me a kind of mental block and I'll stop eating. I've frozen cupcakes and flapjacks before and they've defrosted just fine.

LEMON SPONGE FINGERS (3 = 1 SYN)

INGREDIENTS (makes about 27-30 and only 9 SYNS total ) :)

SPONGE FINGERS
2 Eggs
1.5 Tblsp Splenda
Grated rind of 1 lemon
50g Plain Flour, sifted

TOPPING
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tblsp sweetener or more to taste
Quark
A few drops of orange essence

PREHEAT OVEN TO 160 fan/ 190 C/ 375F / GM5
Line 2 trays with baking paper

In a kitchen mixer , whisk the eggs , lemon rind and splenda for 10 minutes on full speed. The mixture should become mousse-like

Fold in the flour carefully, making sure it is well stirred in.

Pour into an icing syringe or piping bag with a star end nozzle. Pipe finger length amounts onto the trays. This should make between 27 and 30 fingers.

Cook for 6-8 minutes until golden brown . Cool.

Meanwhile mix the lemon juice within the sweetener and microwave for 30 seconds. Slowly add the quark until a thick consistency is reached. Add orange essence and sweetener to taste.

Pipe on top of fingers.

Only 9 SYNS for the whole lot!!

Experiment by omitting lemon and using cinnamon or mixed spice (1tsp) or vanilla essence. If chocolate required - work out additional SYNS.

Enjoy

Kx

These look good

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

These look good

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm hoping to try these soon, They look fab. My other half keeps munching Mr Kipling slices and it makes me want one but they come in packs of two, and well, I'd have to. Maybe these will help me get over that? 'Fingers' crossed, eh?

I made the swiss roll the other night-my sponge was a little on the dense side, but tasted absolutely lovely! I can create wonderful savoury meals, but really struggle with desserts-this thread is a god send! Thanks!

Made the brownies today... didnt have coco powder so used galaxy light hot chocolate.

They were nice, more of a cake tho i must admit but maybe its because i beat my eggs alitte longer?

My hubby likes them, and my 2yr old so there wad smiles all round :)

Back