My Wise Biscuit, Cake, Dessert & Sweets Recipes

Brilliant recipes! I'm bookmarking this, that's for sure.

Thank you, thats fab - want something sweet and there is so many ideas to chose from

I just tried the brownie recipe on the SW main website....... And ended up binning the whole lot. Tasted like cardboard. And seven syns each??!

i've just sat and worked out a much better recipe - now, admittedly I've not tried it out yet, but since it's based on a traditional recipe, and very little has been actually changed, other than swapping what I could to low syn versions, I can't see it going far wrong! In changing the sugar to sweetner, I have dropped it by about 100g, since sweetner is so much sweeter than sugar, but it think it's very much personal taste. They work out at 4.125 syns each (I rounded it to 4.5 syns to make it easier.)

Would appreciate a more experienced eye just checking I've got the syns right, though!

Brownies (own recipe)

300g sweetener (edit - NO way! Found a conversion chart that told me to divide the original about of sugar by 10, not take 100g off, so this should actually be 40g of sweetner!!! Lol!)
225g flora light 31.5 syns
60g weight watchers instant hot chocolate 10 syns
1tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs
225g plain flour 40.5 syns
1/2 tsp baking powder 0.5 syns
1/2 tsp salt

Makes 20 at 4.5 syns each.

Mix all ingredients in order given.

bake at 180 C / Gas mark 4 for 20 - 25 mins in a rectangular 23x33cm greased baking tin.

Cool, and cut into equal portions.

Last edited:
Oh boy. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. I just baked these. They are to DIE for! (And 40g sweetner is the perfect amount.) gorgeous!!

Those white choc truffles sound great - thanks for posting I'll be making them at the weekend!

Subbing and bookmarking - thank you for the recipes :)

Thanks for posting, really need a sweet fix. 7 weeks into SW and haven't had anything sweet to avoid the sugar rushes and mullerlight just ain't cutting it for me anymore!

Me too xx

SYN FREE CREAM SODA JELLIES

It worked!!!!! :)

Ok:

1/4 pint diet lemonade
2 tblsp vanilla extract
3-4 tblsp sweetener
2 sachets gelatine powder

Mix lemonade, vanilla and sweetener in a jug. Pour into a saucepan and warm gently. Whisk in gelatine until dissolved.

Pour into tupperware, leave to set.

Cut into cubes- free jelly sweets !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I tried these last night and they were amazing. They are that good that this morning I went to get some for work my OH had eaten the lot!!!

Question: can you get gelatine in large quantities somewhere as I bought some from Asda and you only get 3 sachets and by the looks of it I'm going to have to make a whole lot more haha

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Oh my gosh, thesesound amazing!!
i shall start and try some of those. Before I stayed away drim sweet deserts to save my syns but these look amazing.
thank you

Sounds good, I'll try some of these.

Thanks for posting, I tried the brownies and I think I did something wrong as they went a bit flat but love the chocolatey taste and knowing they are low syn is even better!

Back