ProPoints My WW Food Journey :)

lauramarlow88 said:
Yer he's going to be working a 9 1/2hour shift so he needs to take something with him. But he won't eat fruit. Obv we can get bread and stuff which we both eat, but in general he doesn't really do healthy food. So, when money is tight it's a bit of a pain trying to find stuff that we will both eat. X

Does he do mince? That's cheap and filling,can bulk it out with cheap veg(stuff you both like) or cubed potatoes..make a curry/chilli and freeze some portions.

bulldogdaisy said:
Does he do mince? That's cheap and filling,can bulk it out with cheap veg(stuff you both like) or cubed potatoes..make a curry/chilli and freeze some portions.

Yer he does like mince. I might have a look when we go shopping today x

bulldogdaisy said:
If he likes pasta you could do a pasta bake with the mince ..another alternative ..pasta is cheap

I have pasta in the house actually but I haven't used any yet cause I wasn't sure how many pp it was. X

bulldogdaisy said:
I think it 5pp for 50g

50g that seems an awful lot of pp for so little pasta x

Jaly said:
5pp for 60g of uncooked pasta too :) it does seem like a little, we often overeat on pasta but it is very very filling!

Is that white pasta?

Jaly said:
5pp for 60g of uncooked pasta too :) it does seem like a little, we often overeat on pasta but it is very very filling!

Yea I started off on 75g then went down to 60g and find 50g is plenty :0)

It's both white and wholewheat pasta Ness :) Though, I definitely recommend wholewheat pasta, keeps you fuller for much, much longer, more flavour, more fibre, less of an effect on sugar levels in the blood so doesn't make you crave carbs/think you need to eat more like white pasta does - use a smaller portion of pasta on a smaller plate and you'll trick your brain into thinking you're eating more ;)

Jaly said:
It's both white and wholewheat pasta Ness :) Though, I definitely recommend wholewheat pasta, keeps you fuller for much, much longer, more flavour, more fibre, less of an effect on sugar levels in the blood so doesn't make you crave carbs/think you need to eat more like white pasta does - use a smaller portion of pasta on a smaller plate and you'll trick your brain into thinking you're eating more ;)

I have wholewheat..I leave the white pasta to the OH lol

I've never tried whole wheat I must give it a go xx

Just been shopping. And even though I didn't have much money, fruit/veg wise I bought.. Bananas, apples, blueberries, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, carrot and swede.

What I'm gonna do is cut all my veg up and put it in freezer bags. That way, it won't go off just cause I'm the only one eating it. Might freeze the blueberries yet, not sure tho. Do u have to wash blueberries before you eat them? X

lauramarlow88 said:
Just been shopping. And even though I didn't have much money, fruit/veg wise I bought.. Bananas, apples, blueberries, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, carrot and swede.

What I'm gonna do is cut all my veg up and put it in freezer bags. That way, it won't go off just cause I'm the only one eating it. Might freeze the blueberries yet, not sure tho. Do u have to wash blueberries before you eat them? X

Well done,great shop,I wash most fruit before I eat it but it's personal choice really!

Back