my xenical journey , 4 weeks in

Discussion in 'Xenical Diaries' started by pandora, 2 August 2010 Social URL.

1. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    hi there , i am not new to the forum , far from it , but i am new to xenical .
    i have just had it prescribed & will be starting tommorrow , so any support will be very greatfully recieved & i hope i will be able to support others too .
    i also have a diary in the members only section .
    nice to meet you all
    xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. madchef

madchef Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat
    Hiya Pandora I started my course 5 weeks ago but I have been on it before and lost 6 stone so it really does work, then health n other thingies happened and I am back to square 1 but I am determined to win this time, I have to as I need a new knee and being overweight is a no-no.

My top top is to take on a new hobby, reading food labels ;) and I have found to my cost that Xenical doesn't care if it's good or bad fat/oil it will Tango you regardless if you go over it's allowance, so don't do what I did enjoyed a really nice Tinned sardine salad and was well and truly Tango'd for nearly 3 days because of it's Oil content, albeit supposedly good for me :eek:

I have found that Lid;'s; Aldi's and Asda's do really good labelling especially Asda's new range of Single meals, very clearly marked with goods'/bads' and calories.

Good luck with your journey.

4. pandora

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    thanks for the welcome Mad Chef :D
    i too lost nr 6 st previously ( on CD) but put it back on & am now in a vicious circle of low self esteem not helped by weight , but with my mood being so low i also have no enthusiasm to do anyhting about it , so i am hoping for a good start to kick start the motivation.
    i would be very happy with 16lbs over 5 weeks , well done you
    xx

5. KittyBling

KittyBling Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(14.22%)
    Diet:
    Every Other Day Diet
    Welcome to Xenical, Pandora and good luck with starting. I assume you've read the stickies and know how to get going. Hope it goes well for you!

KB

6. pandora

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    hi Kitty
    thanks for the welcome
    the nurse has advised me to do a low fat diet in conjunction with the xenical & as i have still got some outstanding subscription to tesco diets , i have used that to plan some low fat meals , although their idea of low fat is not as low as needed , so i have been careful with my choices & adapted things ie low fat humous that they say to have as a snack is still 19g per 100 .
    xx

7. minx

minx Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    hi pandora, how are you getting on with the pills chick? x

8. pandora

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    well i have only taken 2 so early days yet lol , been to the beach all day , so no chance to snack , just eat what i had taken , but have to say i am hungry & ready for dinner now !
    xx

9. pandora

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    so much for following the tesco low fat plan !!!!
    it started well , for brekkie i had 2 slices of banana cinamon toast (yum) & a low fat youghurt .
    lunch was supposed to be a chicken salad sarnie , we packed up to go to the beach , i made a salad sarnie & was supposed to buy some chicken on the way to go in it , but doh , i forgot :eek:, so it was a plain salad sarnie , another yoghurt & banana.
    tonight was (again) supposed to be meatballs & spaghetti , but i just had the sauce & spaghetti as i realised the meatballs had too much fat in them .
    now on the tesco plan it tells you how many cals , carbs , fat & protein you are having a day , for my weight i should be having about 1600 cals , but due to not having the chicken & meatballs , it has only been just over 1000 cals , so am thinking a snack of somesort later on , just not sure what ...
    xx

10. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

sounds very complicated to me honey, but i am sure you will soon slip into a pattern and it will become second nature to you, well done so far x

11. pandora

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    hi Cheryl ,
    in fact it should be relatively simple , you can have anything under 5g fat per 100g & no more than 15g fat per meal .
    i think its going to be a case of label reading , but i had DD2 with me shopping yesterday , who was getting bored , so i need to shop alone & with time on my hands till i get used to things
    xx

12. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Yeah, I agree it will be easier shopping on your own so you can concentrate on the labels. Once you get to know whats what, then it will be a doddle, well done you x x

13. pink_kelly

pink_kelly Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(8.19%)
    Diet:
    Xenical and Low Fat
    Hi Cheryl,

How have you done today lovely? xx

14. pandora

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    hey Kelly ,
    not too bad , though i forgot to take a tab with brekkie , doh , so as i had salmon for dinner ( still awaiting to see if that was a mistake :eek:) i took 2 with that , otherwise have stuck to the 5g rule .
    how are you finding it ?

15. pink_kelly

pink_kelly Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(8.19%)
    Diet:
    Xenical and Low Fat
    I think I am getting on okay - today I've had 2 wheatibix with a tiny sprinkle of sugar (bad habit I know) for breakfast, a pita bread with chicken and salad in, a activia and some strawberrys for lunch and a tesco light choice chicken sweet and sour noodle thing (it was horrible) and a weight watchers choc brownie dessert (delicious) for dinner/pudding.
    xxxxxx

16. pink_kelly

pink_kelly Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(8.19%)
    Diet:
    Xenical and Low Fat
    Ooo and in terms of forgetting pills - I was eating my lunch and I couldn't remember if I took it. I counted each empty space on the pack about 5 times to make sure I had took it. Talk about short term memory. Maybe we both need one of them pill boxes.

17. pandora

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    all sounds gd hunni ,i have had
    bowl cereal ( asda vesion of special k)
    chicken salad sarnie (on white , i ran out of wholemeal)
    a pack of tesco version of crispy slices
    a muller strawberry cheesecake yog
    salmon baked in sweet chilli sauce & coucous
    4 mini packs of haribo goldbears ( freebies in tesc)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. pink_kelly

pink_kelly Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(8.19%)
    Diet:
    Xenical and Low Fat
    muller strawberry cheesecake sounds devine!!!!
    you'll have to let us know if you have any tango-ing from the salmon.

xx

20. pandora

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    yes it was yummy & at the mo tesco have 2 x 6 packs of muller @£5
    i thought i'd answer the running up the stairs thing here rather than hijack the august goal thread lol
    i have a bad knee so walking up stairs is hard enough & i have to say i am a complete exersize a phobe , even walking to the end of the road knackers me , but i am seeing the Dr tom am about my BP cos it is stuppidly high , maybe getting that down will help the breathlessness etc

21. pink_kelly

pink_kelly Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(8.19%)
    Diet:
    Xenical and Low Fat
    Do you take meds for your bp? Can you do swimming? xxx

22. pandora

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    i was on meds , then lost just short of 6 st & my BP became normal again , so was taken off them , but that 6st ( & a bit more ) has landed back on my hips & ass lol & concequently (sp) its back up again :eek: i kinda suspected it was ( short of breath , swollen ankles) & the nurse confirmed on monday , so i have been taking my BP twice a day since & am seeing the dr tom @ 9.30 so pretty much 100% certain i will be back on them again
    yes swimming is something i used to enjoy , i ought start it up again , just finances are tight

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.