my xenical journey , 4 weeks in

pandora

finding my way again !
hi there , i am not new to the forum , far from it , but i am new to xenical .
i have just had it prescribed & will be starting tommorrow , so any support will be very greatfully recieved & i hope i will be able to support others too .
i also have a diary in the members only section .
nice to meet you all
xx

Hiya Pandora I started my course 5 weeks ago but I have been on it before and lost 6 stone so it really does work, then health n other thingies happened and I am back to square 1 but I am determined to win this time, I have to as I need a new knee and being overweight is a no-no.

My top top is to take on a new hobby, reading food labels ;) and I have found to my cost that Xenical doesn't care if it's good or bad fat/oil it will Tango you regardless if you go over it's allowance, so don't do what I did enjoyed a really nice Tinned sardine salad and was well and truly Tango'd for nearly 3 days because of it's Oil content, albeit supposedly good for me :eek:

I have found that Lid;'s; Aldi's and Asda's do really good labelling especially Asda's new range of Single meals, very clearly marked with goods'/bads' and calories.

Good luck with your journey.

thanks for the welcome Mad Chef :D
i too lost nr 6 st previously ( on CD) but put it back on & am now in a vicious circle of low self esteem not helped by weight , but with my mood being so low i also have no enthusiasm to do anyhting about it , so i am hoping for a good start to kick start the motivation.
i would be very happy with 16lbs over 5 weeks , well done you
xx

Welcome to Xenical, Pandora and good luck with starting. I assume you've read the stickies and know how to get going. Hope it goes well for you!

KB

hi Kitty
thanks for the welcome
the nurse has advised me to do a low fat diet in conjunction with the xenical & as i have still got some outstanding subscription to tesco diets , i have used that to plan some low fat meals , although their idea of low fat is not as low as needed , so i have been careful with my choices & adapted things ie low fat humous that they say to have as a snack is still 19g per 100 .
xx

well i have only taken 2 so early days yet lol , been to the beach all day , so no chance to snack , just eat what i had taken , but have to say i am hungry & ready for dinner now !
xx

so much for following the tesco low fat plan !!!!
it started well , for brekkie i had 2 slices of banana cinamon toast (yum) & a low fat youghurt .
lunch was supposed to be a chicken salad sarnie , we packed up to go to the beach , i made a salad sarnie & was supposed to buy some chicken on the way to go in it , but doh , i forgot :eek:, so it was a plain salad sarnie , another yoghurt & banana.
tonight was (again) supposed to be meatballs & spaghetti , but i just had the sauce & spaghetti as i realised the meatballs had too much fat in them .
now on the tesco plan it tells you how many cals , carbs , fat & protein you are having a day , for my weight i should be having about 1600 cals , but due to not having the chicken & meatballs , it has only been just over 1000 cals , so am thinking a snack of somesort later on , just not sure what ...
xx

sounds very complicated to me honey, but i am sure you will soon slip into a pattern and it will become second nature to you, well done so far x

hi Cheryl ,
in fact it should be relatively simple , you can have anything under 5g fat per 100g & no more than 15g fat per meal .
i think its going to be a case of label reading , but i had DD2 with me shopping yesterday , who was getting bored , so i need to shop alone & with time on my hands till i get used to things
xx

Yeah, I agree it will be easier shopping on your own so you can concentrate on the labels. Once you get to know whats what, then it will be a doddle, well done you x x

hey Kelly ,
not too bad , though i forgot to take a tab with brekkie , doh , so as i had salmon for dinner ( still awaiting to see if that was a mistake :eek:) i took 2 with that , otherwise have stuck to the 5g rule .
how are you finding it ?

I think I am getting on okay - today I've had 2 wheatibix with a tiny sprinkle of sugar (bad habit I know) for breakfast, a pita bread with chicken and salad in, a activia and some strawberrys for lunch and a tesco light choice chicken sweet and sour noodle thing (it was horrible) and a weight watchers choc brownie dessert (delicious) for dinner/pudding.
xxxxxx

Ooo and in terms of forgetting pills - I was eating my lunch and I couldn't remember if I took it. I counted each empty space on the pack about 5 times to make sure I had took it. Talk about short term memory. Maybe we both need one of them pill boxes.

all sounds gd hunni ,i have had
bowl cereal ( asda vesion of special k)
chicken salad sarnie (on white , i ran out of wholemeal)
a pack of tesco version of crispy slices
a muller strawberry cheesecake yog
salmon baked in sweet chilli sauce & coucous
4 mini packs of haribo goldbears ( freebies in tesc)

all sounds gd hunni ,i have had
bowl cereal ( asda vesion of special k)
chicken salad sarnie (on white , i ran out of wholemeal)
a pack of tesco version of crispy slices
a muller strawberry cheesecake yog
salmon baked in sweet chilli sauce & coucous
4 mini packs of haribo goldbears ( freebies in tesc)

muller strawberry cheesecake sounds devine!!!!
you'll have to let us know if you have any tango-ing from the salmon.

xx

yes it was yummy & at the mo tesco have 2 x 6 packs of muller @£5
i thought i'd answer the running up the stairs thing here rather than hijack the august goal thread lol
i have a bad knee so walking up stairs is hard enough & i have to say i am a complete exersize a phobe , even walking to the end of the road knackers me , but i am seeing the Dr tom am about my BP cos it is stuppidly high , maybe getting that down will help the breathlessness etc

i was on meds , then lost just short of 6 st & my BP became normal again , so was taken off them , but that 6st ( & a bit more ) has landed back on my hips & ass lol & concequently (sp) its back up again :eek: i kinda suspected it was ( short of breath , swollen ankles) & the nurse confirmed on monday , so i have been taking my BP twice a day since & am seeing the dr tom @ 9.30 so pretty much 100% certain i will be back on them again
yes swimming is something i used to enjoy , i ought start it up again , just finances are tight

Back