Nails & Supplments

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Mac123, 21 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Mac123

Mac123 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge (CD)
    Is anyone else finding that their nails have become ridged & brittle? The skin below my nails is also peeling?
    Are there any supplements recommend to prevent this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. determinator

determinator Banned

hey :) I actually find the opposite , when i am on CD my nails become much stronger and really white !!
    There is a great supplement that you can take from Holland and Barrta called 'Hair and nails ' and its really good :)

4. Tessieg1

Tessieg1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st9lb(-3.9%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save, then 5:2 Diet
    Hiya, I've also found exactly the opposite to be honest. Before CD my nails were really weak and brittle, but with all the nutrients, vitamins, etc in CD, my nails have actually grown and don't break as easily now. :D
    There are a couple of places that do hair and nail supplements as Determinator has said. :)

5. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi

I've been a chronic nail biter up until now so looking after my nails is a new experience. I am finding all the water helping but I have also started buffing using a nail oil. It's in a little bag behind the sofa so in the evenings I get it out and spend 5 minutes on my nails. Olive oil is great for nails and it creates a waterproof seal that stops water getting into the nail and helps them recover.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.