Nando's (sorry to start a new thread)

Bex22

OK, I am going to Nando's tomorrow evening and am trying to plan it now to be safe!
I am planning an EE day so I can have meat & rice or whatever.

Would just like to know what is the BEST meal to order for low syns (and how many syns it would be...)

I am thinking some sort of chicken, spicy rice & corn on the cob??

I have read through the other thread but got very confused so thought I would just ask it here plain & simple!

Thanks in advance :D

Anyone...? I'm so sorry to be a pain!!

From what i understand, chicken is a couple of syns for the marinade if you remove the akin, i think rice is 2.5, and corn is free if theres no buter

I had exactly that: Butterfly chicken, spicy rice & corn on the cob. Didn't use the butter and had a couple of tbsp of peri peri on the side and synned the whole thing at 6.5 syns!! Yum Yum.

Bex22 said:
I had exactly that: Butterfly chicken, spicy rice & corn on the cob. Didn't use the butter and had a couple of tbsp of peri peri on the side and synned the whole thing at 6.5 syns!! Yum Yum.

I loved it very very yummy and worth the few Syns! :)

From what i understand, chicken is a couple of syns for the marinade if you remove the akin, i think rice is 2.5, and corn is free if theres no buter

Is Spicy Rice only 2.5? I am thinking if I get that, corn on the cob (free) and a Halloumi (HexA I think?) and Mushroom (Free) Burger (which has got to be less than 12.5 syns, I think) then I can have a Nando's for less than 15 syns, which is my syn allowance at weekends (10 at weekdays).

Is Spicy Rice only 2.5? I am thinking if I get that, corn on the cob (free) and a Halloumi (HexA I think?) and Mushroom (Free) Burger (which has got to be less than 12.5 syns, I think) then I can have a Nando's for less than 15 syns, which is my syn allowance at weekends (10 at weekdays).

Not exactly! A mushroom and halloumi pitta is 22.5 syns, the burgers are either a couple of syns more or less than the pittas - sorry I can't remember which way round it is. Either way, you're looking at a good 20.

Thank you, I get mixed up with Hex A and B. I guess I could save up for two days worth of syns, but I don't think thats recommended. I wish Nando's did a wholemeal bread option.

Best thing to order from Nandos - (Ive just investigated as im going tomorrow)

Spicy rice - 2,5 syns
butterfly chicken - 3.5 syns
corn on cob without butter - free
Salad - free

They do a roast veg on the special side dishes (can't remember what they're called) been looking it up as will be taking my brother for his Birthday, I think I'd go for that with the butterfly chicken (its 3.5 syns, or that's how I worked it out anyway, but it might be less as I could only put in one type of veg on the syns calculator) so would be 7 syns in all, but I though veg would be better then rice even though its higher syns as it would still be some superfree, surely the syns are in the oil. Plus after reading this just clicked I could even have a red day and have some extra HE's if I did this :D

Best thing to order from Nandos - (Ive just investigated as im going tomorrow)

Spicy rice - 2,5 syns
butterfly chicken - 3.5 syns
corn on cob without butter - free
Salad - free

oh my... i am going to nandos as soon as i can to have this!!!!

I love love love nandos

Anyone know the syns for the veggie pitta, I know it has the least calories of all the pittas/burgers but I know that doesnt always come into play with SW :) x

Just checked SW website and it says its 19 syns on all plans for the veggie pitta

Blimey! Wasn't expecting that, I guess the mayonnaise doesn't help! Thanks though, looks like its a good thing Im not veggie anymore :p

I went last night and was a bit naughty. I had half a chicken and ate the skin as well (couldn't resist) but they did give me two legs rather than bits of breast which are lower syns. So those were 2 syns each....
I had 2 tbsp of peri peri sauce on the side = 1 syn. Spicy rice = 2.5 syns. Macho peas = 3 syns!! It was flipping delish.
Grand total of 10.5 syns and WELL worth it. Had no other syns at all yesterday so I think that's a pretty good day :)

Thats good! I was actually about to asked about the sauce itself! When I go I get the mixed salad but the peri sauce (espesh the Garlic one) actually makes it enjoyable :p Thinking of buying some at home and always using is as a dressing if its only 1 syn for 2tblsp :drool:

Back