NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hi all. Happy birthday upndown.

I have been hiding. Not because of food, except for last weekend. Have been really good since Monday. Weighing tomorrow, not confident because of the birthday cake and meal out etc.

AM going to Northampton for Sunday. My DIL`s sister is 50 today and she she is having a do on Sunday. I will go to Haverhill Saturday PM, picking Faye up from dancing on the way and will have dinner before I go and have lunch for my dinner when I am there. Gonna try & be good Sunday evening as the kids are here for a couple of days next week and that is sometimes difficult.:)

It is my birthday next Wed but we are going to celebrate on Sunday too. I don`t want to do anything else nor go to Son the weekend after. Too much travelling.

I have been hiding because I just wanted to relax, eat the correct food and vegetate in front of the tv.

Hope you all ok. Good with the swimming MO.

Fair enough if you want to hide out a bit Doreen, that's fine. Glad you sent in a quick post though, so we know. Good luck for weigh in, you never know but I'm not confident at all either, as I had a real pigout day yesterday (made me feel really ill last night, serves me right!) and its also been totm for me, so I'm still carrying water weight and feeling bloated. If I went to club I'd probably give it a miss but I just weigh at home :rolleyes: so we'll see.
I hope you enjoy the weekend and it isn't too exhausting but know what you mean about the travelling being tiring. I don't drive but find even as a passenger, its tiring! Take care now xx

Hi all. Happy birthday upndown.

I have been hiding. Not because of food, except for last weekend. Have been really good since Monday. Weighing tomorrow, not confident because of the birthday cake and meal out etc.

AM going to Northampton for Sunday. My DIL`s sister is 50 today and she she is having a do on Sunday. I will go to Haverhill Saturday PM, picking Faye up from dancing on the way and will have dinner before I go and have lunch for my dinner when I am there. Gonna try & be good Sunday evening as the kids are here for a couple of days next week and that is sometimes difficult.:)

It is my birthday next Wed but we are going to celebrate on Sunday too. I don`t want to do anything else nor go to Son the weekend after. Too much travelling.

I have been hiding because I just wanted to relax, eat the correct food and vegetate in front of the tv.

Hope you all ok. Good with the swimming MO.

thx Doreen - good to hear from u and glad u've been chilling - does us good when we get the chance and u've been v busy lately and sounds like u have another busy schedule planned. Happy birthday to u and hope u enjoy yourself xx

:birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::bliss::candle1::candle1::candle1:Lol I thought they weren't working. Happy birthday up down. X
Thank you Mo xx

Not my best day bur not my worst either - not looking good for WI on Monday!!

Not my best day bur not my worst either - not looking good for WI on Monday!!

Summat in the air, several of us finding this week hard :(

I did read a wise post yesterday though about SW being a lifestyle change, which did make me realise it IS like a journey, with a few little hold ups on the way and no absolute need to get to our destination at a certain time. The thing is to keep heading roughly in the right direction and we'll get there eventually.
Like in life, we're encountering a few little knocks along the way but we deal with them and pick up where we left off.

Ooh that's quite insightful for me, first thing in the morning! I need to go lie down in a dark room. Wait a min, I already am! ;)

I'm back on my way, you will be too :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Summat in the air, several of us finding this week hard :(

I did read a wise post yesterday though about SW being a lifestyle change, which did make me realise it IS like a journey, with a few little hold ups on the way and no absolute need to get to our destination at a certain time. The thing is to keep heading roughly in the right direction and we'll get there eventually.
Like in life, we're encountering a few little knocks along the way but we deal with them and pick up where we left off.

Ooh that's quite insightful for me, first thing in the morning! I need to go lie down in a dark room. Wait a min, I already am! ;)

I'm back on my way, you will be too :) xx

Enjoy ur day whatever u decide to do - yes wise words mixed up with good old common sense - strange how a few of us are having an off week! Could be that 'groupthink' thing! I have a hairdressers this morning - nothing exciting - just a trim. Carpet layers coming too - so that'll be good when they 're finished! Poppy stayed last night so need to get a wiggle on to get her to school - her Dad's b'day today and her Mum's was on Tuesday! Xx

I always get the urge to lay down on a newly fitted carpet and roll right across the room :)

Yeah, I know.... I'm a little bit crazy :)

Just... if you decide to try it, don't be wearing black leggings cos you end up looking like a hairy eel!! ;)

I always get the urge to lay down on a newly fitted carpet and roll right across the room :)

Yeah, I know.... I'm a little bit crazy :)

Just... if you decide to try it, don't be wearing black leggings cos you end up looking like a hairy eel!! ;)

Hope ur enjoying ur trip out!

Rest assured I resisted the urge to roll on the carpet cos I wd look more like a hairy walrus the way I feel today! But chuffed with carpet!

hope Doreen ur enjoying ur day - wonder if u went to class?

Good or to hear from Mo - hope ur enjoying urself - weather sunny and mild here - long may it last!xx

Hope ur enjoying ur trip out!

Rest assured I resisted the urge to roll on the carpet cos I wd look more like a hairy walrus the way I feel today! But chuffed with carpet!

hope Doreen ur enjoying ur day - wonder if u went to class?

Good or to hear from Mo - hope ur enjoying urself - weather sunny and mild here - long may it last!xx

Yes had a nice cuppa in Costa, no cakes, I resisted. Mooched around the shops, bought some scan bran but other than that just some wrapping paper and tags, three new t-towels and a nice cube tray (for baby food) lol. :)

Yes had a nice cuppa in Costa, no cakes, I resisted. Mooched around the shops, bought some scan bran but other than that just some wrapping paper and tags, three new t-towels and a nice cube tray (for baby food) lol. :)

Well done on resisting the cakes - I all but close my eyes going past Costa these days - far too chicken to go in!

another off plan day for me - may emigrate b4 WI! Really am going to try 2moro - hubby will be here to watch me but he's too kind to stop me from being synful if I start picking tho!

hope u've had a good day Doreen xx

Oh no, what happened Linda? You were doing so well last week!
How about writing down on a big A4 sheet of paper what you are going to eat tomorrow and sticking it bang slap in the middle of the kitchen or on the fridge or wherever its really obvious and asking hubby not to let you have anything not on the list? Would that work for you? x

Oh no, what happened Linda? You were doing so well last week!
How about writing down on a big A4 sheet of paper what you are going to eat tomorrow and sticking it bang slap in the middle of the kitchen or on the fridge or wherever its really obvious and asking hubby not to let you have anything not on the list? Would that work for you? x

That's a good idea - will try that - but hubby spoils me really so he won't push the subject!! But it's down to me isn't it? Not sure what's the matter - I had a good soup challenge week - then I'm one day on then one off!

As you know in June I was 5lbs off target - since then I've been true to my user name! Really must try 2moro and the next day............... Only I can make it happen tho!

Don't think I've mentioned this before if so skip the next bit! 3 years ago I was very stressed at work and was travelling and away from home a lot - I went up to 14st 2 - then asked hubby to pay for a personal trainer to come to house for my birthday and Christmas present.

Found a local girl who worked at the gym and her charges were low - she helped me to restart exercising and dieting then gave me a workout to do on my own - eventually I lost 2 stone in 12 months-ish.

I started to gain a few pounds then found Minis - YAY!! Did well for 6 months - now messed about for 3 months+ so need to get back into gear!! Know I can do it so not sure why I'm not on plan every day grrrr Upndown!!

That's a good idea - will try that - but hubby spoils me really so he won't push the subject!! But it's down to me isn't it? Not sure what's the matter - I had a good soup challenge week - then I'm one day on then one off!

As you know in June I was 5lbs off target - since then I've been true to my user name! Really must try 2moro and the next day............... Only I can make it happen tho!

Don't think I've mentioned this before if so skip the next bit! 3 years ago I was very stressed at work and was travelling and away from home a lot - I went up to 14st 2 - then asked hubby to pay for a personal trainer to come to house for my birthday and Christmas present.

Found a local girl who worked at the gym and her charges were low - she helped me to restart exercising and dieting then gave me a workout to do on my own - eventually I lost 2 stone in 12 months-ish.

I started to gain a few pounds then found Minis - YAY!! Did well for 6 months - now messed about for 3 months+ so need to get back into gear!! Know I can do it so not sure why I'm not on plan every day grrrr Upndown!!

That's the billion dollar question though, isn't it. WHY do any of us do this to ourselves. We read it time after time on here, no one seems to be immune to it. We both know people that have lost huge amounts, proof that they CAN and did stick to plan for long stretches at a time but then hit a block and just can't seem to get past a certain point.
To be honest, I'm dreading getting anywhere near target as I know I'm going to find maintaining so much harder than losing it in the first place. I lost five stone a few years ago, doing Dukan but it all went back on again and more. With that I reckon it was because it wasn't sustainable eating, whereas SW is the kind of food I like, its not a struggle to eat the meals at all. Its the extras, the fattening biscuits, sweets, crisps, cake.... those things we all think we crave... we DO crave but once they've been eaten we feel awful. Why? Oh I so wish I knew.

I wish I had answers to give you.... really I do. I know you aren't actually asking for answers, but we're mostly the same, its why we all gained the weight in the first place.
I hope my suggestion might help a bit, I've not tried it, I was just wracking my brain to try and think what might help you but actually, I may well do it myself next time I'm struggling, which no doubt, will be soon!
Best of luck my friend.... just keep popping in and reading/posting because I do think that helps. I HAVE to report what I've eaten, I've promised myself and all my Mins friends that I will, so in my mind, I have to report the good, the bad and the plain old ugly. xx

I'll be out in the morning, but will be checking in as often as I can throughout the day. xxx

That's the billion dollar question though, isn't it. WHY do any of us do this to ourselves. We read it time after time on here, no one seems to be immune to it. We both know people that have lost huge amounts, proof that they CAN and did stick to plan for long stretches at a time but then hit a block and just can't seem to get past a certain point.
To be honest, I'm dreading getting anywhere near target as I know I'm going to find maintaining so much harder than losing it in the first place. I lost five stone a few years ago, doing Dukan but it all went back on again and more. With that I reckon it was because it wasn't sustainable eating, whereas SW is the kind of food I like, its not a struggle to eat the meals at all. Its the extras, the fattening biscuits, sweets, crisps, cake.... those things we all think we crave... we DO crave but once they've been eaten we feel awful. Why? Oh I so wish I knew.

I wish I had answers to give you.... really I do. I know you aren't actually asking for answers, but we're mostly the same, its why we all gained the weight in the first place.
I hope my suggestion might help a bit, I've not tried it, I was just wracking my brain to try and think what might help you but actually, I may well do it myself next time I'm struggling, which no doubt, will be soon!
Best of luck my friend.... just keep popping in and reading/posting because I do think that helps. I HAVE to report what I've eaten, I've promised myself and all my Mins friends that I will, so in my mind, I have to report the good, the bad and the plain old ugly. xx

I'll be out in the morning, but will be checking in as often as I can throughout the day. xxx

Thanks I really appreciate your support - been reading thro' the diaries and seeing those who've lost this week feeling elated and those who haven't are disappointed. Long time till scales given me good news! Yet as you say - we don't know what sets us off plan.

That set me off thinking about my messing about - really don't want to put more weight on - I've reached the point that I'm not comfortable wearing trousers (I'm pear shaped) and other clothes getting tight - so hoping that's shocked me into taking action - even my tum's fed up with today's intake! So this week's challenge is to weigh less this time next week! T

Much prefer having a chat and a laugh than moaning about stuff only I can change - thank you again for your help - it's worked tonight - let's hope it lasts past b'fast!

Hello ND hope your well hun :wavey:, hope you don't mind me posting for ..........

......... Lindaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! :D

Just doing a quick catch up on diaries :p. Hope your well hun, have missed you ! :D I'm struggling to get my mojo back. Think I'm looking at a 7lb gain :eek:, I've not weighed for a few weeks. Anyway hope your well, thank you for your lovely messages on my diary about the job, I really appreciate it. Hope your having a lovely weekend :):) .

Kay xx

How's the day going Linda? Is hubby keeping an eye on you too? I know you started the day well., hoping you've kept it up (fingers crossed).

I'm starving but trying to delay eating for a while so I don't wake up hungry earlier because of the clocks changing. Lol I don't sleep well so the extra hour doesn't help much, just longer before everyone else wakes up!

Going to have to go cook but the others are having pizza and garlic bread :(

Hope everyone's happy with their Saturday?

Weather mixed today - lovely sunny spells then cloudy and too much of a breeze to go coat-less! I've had a good day today:

B'fast - yog, berries and banana (the biggest one in the bowl!)
Lunch - Cloudy's pea soup (can recommend!) and HEB bread
Tea: SW pork & veg curry and 10 syns worth of low fat chips, yummy! Followed by a fruit tea and a banana
The plan is to stop there - feeling more positive today or maybe it's the fear of Monday's WI!!

Had another HEB - toast and marmalade so will class today as a red day and 3 syns for marmalade so that's 13 in total - I'm ok with that altho I usually aim for 10 - giving myself more freedom for a while to help me to stay on plan. Night, night

Syns for the week: 13 - 92 remaining

Last edited:
How's the day going Linda? Is hubby keeping an eye on you too? I know you started the day well., hoping you've kept it up (fingers crossed).

I'm starving but trying to delay eating for a while so I don't wake up hungry earlier because of the clocks changing. Lol I don't sleep well so the extra hour doesn't help much, just longer before everyone else wakes up!

Going to have to go cook but the others are having pizza and garlic bread :(

Hi - your autumn walk sounded fun! Thumbs down to early mornings - hope the clock change doesn't affect you too much. And boo to cooking but hooray for resisting the pizza - a tough one!

thanks for checking up on me - it's great to have support but no more whining from me - gave myself a good talking to and have been fine today thx - even feel better about myself!! Just posted food intake above!

You weren't whining! More of a pathetic whimper, haha, I'm kidding!!! Before I started SW I stopped and started various diets and kept giving in after a couple of weeks. Not quite the same but I do understand how utterly frustrating it is to want to lose the weight but somehow not be able to stick to whatever plan.
Anyway, a week or three down the line and it could easily be me struggling again, we're all in the same boat lovely. I'm just glad I could chuck you a life jacket when you fell overboard, now you've got one arm and one leg back over the side, haul yourself back in and hang on tight, with the vegetable and lentil curry I've just eaten it could be a windy night lol. :)

You weren't whining! More of a pathetic whimper, haha, I'm kidding!!! Before I started SW I stopped and started various diets and kept giving in after a couple of weeks. Not quite the same but I do understand how utterly frustrating it is to want to lose the weight but somehow not be able to stick to whatever plan.
Anyway, a week or three down the line and it could easily be me struggling again, we're all in the same boat lovely. I'm just glad I could chuck you a life jacket when you fell overboard, now you've got one arm and one leg back over the side, haul yourself back in and hang on tight, with the vegetable and lentil curry I've just eaten it could be a windy night lol. :)

Thx - lol about the curry! I had another HEB so will edit my food now - so will count today as a Red day. Hope you have a restful night and that the clock change doesn't affect you.

Back