NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Oooh Doreen - missing you - the thread's quiet without you're contributions to amuse us!!

Here's my Green Day 4 on the soup challenge:

Brunch - fruit salad, minestrone soup, choc 5 syns
Tea: veg casserole
Snacks: melon, orange, 2 apples, more choc 5 syns
Syns: 10
part HEA ss milk, HEB raisins

Another good challenge day ticked off, well done you :)
Are you keeping busy while doing the challenge? I find if I stop and think about it, I feel hungry but if I keep as busy as possible, preferably not in the kitchen lol, I can get through the day without a single hunger pang. Its not exactly all in the mind but definitely out of sight out of mind is good for me as far as food is concerned! x

Another good challenge day ticked off, well done you :)
Are you keeping busy while doing the challenge? I find if I stop and think about it, I feel hungry but if I keep as busy as possible, preferably not in the kitchen lol, I can get through the day without a single hunger pang. Its not exactly all in the mind but definitely out of sight out of mind is good for me as far as food is concerned! x

Yes that's how I am exactly - but it's been a busy day again here at upndown Towers ie:

2 granddaughters stayed last night so 2 school runs
clear up b'fast chaos, make up beds, general tidy and vacuum
carpet fitters arrive (to lay bedroom and lounge carpet) - why did I bother to tidy and vacuum?
Spend more time sorting out tax form!!
walk and gardening
opticians appointment
shopping
pick Poppy up from school
no swimming class today so we go shopping & library and conker finding to compensate!
30 mile round trip to visit MiL - make tea for her and Poppy
Hubby and have tea - whew - it's one I prepared earlier!
Tables homework - put Poppy to bed
Fall into bed myself to catch up here!

Jeez, no wonder you're losing lbs! That's a lot to pack in. I like being busy but also time to catch my breath lol. Hope today isn't quite as manic! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

So far - just been for a walk as it's such a lovely day here the sea was still too! That was after taking Poppy to school. Cleaned some wooden Venetian blinds (hate that job, so it not surprising it took ages!) going to have brunch now fancy choc, cake and crisps really but it's veg soup foll by bacon and egg. More tax form stuff to do then just make an easy tea and that's it I think. Hope the baby is more settled today - teeth are a pain all our lives aren't they - and that ur day is going well x

Quiet here ladies - hope everyone's being good girlies (well nice to be naughty sometimes too!). Enjoy your weekends! Here's my food:

Brunch: veg soup, bacon & egg, summer berries & fat free yog,
Snack: banana, melon
Tea: lamb chop, mint sauce, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, mushrooms
Syns: kiddies sweets - hoping they were about 10 syns!!

So far - just been for a walk as it's such a lovely day here the sea was still too! That was after taking Poppy to school. Cleaned some wooden Venetian blinds (hate that job, so it not surprising it took ages!) going to have brunch now fancy choc, cake and crisps really but it's veg soup foll by bacon and egg. More tax form stuff to do then just make an easy tea and that's it I think. Hope the baby is more settled today - teeth are a pain all our lives aren't they - and that ur day is going well x

You're so lucky to be able to walk by the sea. Nearest beach to us is Brighton, where we do go quite regularly but its a 40 min drive on a good day and often takes longer, depending on traffic.
I hate cleaning blinds too, such a faff and always seem to miss little bits somewhere and then it shows up more. I leave it as long as I can get away with but I really hate seeing them all dusty. We only have curtains in one room here, our bedroom, so we have a lot of blinds but not all wooden venetian style, we have blackout blinds in all the bedrooms.
Baby has been fine today but is dribbling excessively, so reckon she'll cut another one tomorrow or next day. She settled well this evening and my daughter has gone out with friends. I've had two texts already mind you, she still doesnt' much like leaving her :)

Quiet here ladies - hope everyone's being good girlies (well nice to be naughty sometimes too!). Enjoy your weekends! Here's my food:

Brunch: veg soup, bacon & egg, summer berries & fat free yog,
Snack: banana, melon
Tea: lamb chop, mint sauce, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, mushrooms
Syns: kiddies sweets - hoping they were about 10 syns!!

I bought lamb today, I'm the only one that likes it but every now and then I buy a leg of lamb, roast it and make lots of minty gravy, then freeze it in portions, so I can have it when the others are having something non sw friendly. I must pick and make some more mint sauce tomorrow ready. I think I'm going to clear the runner bean plants down too as they seem to have stopped producing now. Can't complain as we've had so many and have blanched and frozen quite a lot too. :)

Wonder where Mo is, she's not popped in for ages now. Do hope she's ok and will be back soon. :confused:

You're so lucky to be able to walk by the sea. Nearest beach to us is Brighton, where we do go quite regularly but its a 40 min drive on a good day and often takes longer, depending on traffic.
I hate cleaning blinds too, such a faff and always seem to miss little bits somewhere and then it shows up more. I leave it as long as I can get away with but I really hate seeing them all dusty. We only have curtains in one room here, our bedroom, so we have a lot of blinds but not all wooden venetian style, we have blackout blinds in all the bedrooms.
Baby has been fine today but is dribbling excessively, so reckon she'll cut another one tomorrow or next day. She settled well this evening and my daughter has gone out with friends. I've had two texts already mind you, she still doesnt' much like leaving her :)

I bought lamb today, I'm the only one that likes it but every now and then I buy a leg of lamb, roast it and make lots of minty gravy, then freeze it in portions, so I can have it when the others are having something non sw friendly. I must pick and make some more mint sauce tomorrow ready. I think I'm going to clear the runner bean plants down too as they seem to have stopped producing now. Can't complain as we've had so many and have blanched and frozen quite a lot too. :)

Wonder where Mo is, she's not popped in for ages now. Do hope she's ok and will be back soon. :confused:

Mmmmm lamb's my fave meat - love a leg too! hubby's prefers pork - so now it's just the 2 of us I buy both as steaks - bought 2 each and froze them but can't remember if I cdn't be bothered or just forgot to split them - anyway had to thaw them all so will be having the a again 2moro - no hardship! Just realised we'll have to have them on Sunday cos it's a green day 2moro on the challenge - told u I keep forgetting!

Well done on your beans - didn't do them this year cos of the long hol - missed them - only have a few winter salad and veg and the apples now.

Yes hope Mo is fine and posting soon.

ur kind offer to update the challenge s/sheet prompted me to do the same on the soup challenge thread - much less work on that tho!

Popped in looking for Doreen - hope ur busy and having fun xx

Last edited:
Yoo hoo Doreen where for art thou Doreen? Hope ur having fun with the family? Good luck to everyone for a good Sunday.

Last day of challenge 2moro - looking forward to a bit more freedom. My food for the day:

B: ff yog and berries
L: tomato and basil soup, banana
T: lamb steak, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, mint sauce - grapes
Snack: fig, ham

Hope you're all ok - cold, windy with blue skies here, our turn to do MiL's lunch - so nice drive down the Conwy Valley -other than that a chilling day I think - here's my food:

EE Day
B: egg and bacon
L: tomato and basil soup
T: pork casserole, cabbage, carrots, broccoli
Syns: 10 on crisps which disappeared in a mo!

Lost 1 pound - ate more this week so ok with that. But glad to have a break from soup challenge after 2 weeks BUT must'nt go nuts! Will always be grateful to Kay for setting the challenge up as it def got me back into the swing of things!

Hi all. Just a quick report in. I am home now. Believe it or not it is so difficult to find the time to get on minis when there is someone around all the time. Will up date later and catch up on all the news.

One bit of good new is that I managed to lose 2lbs last week. No promises for this week. Weighed mself when I got home at 1pm and was 1lb up on Friday with no breakfast today. Good I thought.

Speak later.

Lost 1 pound - ate more this week so ok with that. But glad to have a break from soup challenge after 2 weeks BUT must'nt go nuts! Will always be grateful to Kay for setting the challenge up as it def got me back into the swing of things!

Well done for finishing the challenge. Congrats for the 1lb off too. I agree no going nuts, it is so easy to do that.:gimi:

Hi all. Just a quick report in. I am home now. Believe it or not it is so difficult to find the time to get on minis when there is someone around all the time. Will up date later and catch up on all the news.

One bit of good new is that I managed to lose 2lbs last week. No promises for this week. Weighed mself when I got home at 1pm and was 1lb up on Friday with no breakfast today. Good I thought.

Speak later.
Hey great to have u back and to hear u've lost 2 Doreen - gives us a boost doesn't it? U'll shift that tiny gain if u put ur mind to it!

Monday 20th October

Lunch. bacon eggs beans toast

Dinner M&S vegetable lasagne (5 syns) & chips.
Frozen fruit & Yogurt

Monday 20th October

Lunch. bacon eggs beans toast

Dinner M&S vegetable lasagne (5 syns) & chips.
Frozen fruit & Yogurt
A good day Doreen - will kick that wee gain out of sight eh? I've had a few treats today so need to get back on to plan 2moroxx

Really pleased for you Linda, really REALLY pleased, you've done so well since struggling after your holiday and getting into the tens must be a huge boost! You don't want to go mad now and go back into the 11s, so keep at it!

Good to see you are back and brill re your 2lb off Doreen. Understand about time when you're away, I got very little time over the weekend and I was at home but with lots of visiting family.

Off to bed shortly, not been the best of days for me, not eaten well but not eaten much, so overall not too bad.
Catch up tomorrow I hope xx

Really pleased for you Linda, really REALLY pleased, you've done so well since struggling after your holiday and getting into the tens must be a huge boost! You don't want to go mad now and go back into the 11s, so keep at it!

Good to see you are back and brill re your 2lb off Doreen. Understand about time when you're away, I got very little time over the weekend and I was at home but with lots of visiting family.

Off to bed shortly, not been the best of days for me, not eaten well but not eaten much, so overall not too bad.
Catch up tomorrow I hope xx

Enjoy ur early night if u can and hope u sleep thro and feel brighter in t,he morning.

yes ur right my alter ego - just had a few treats probably cos I didn't feel like eating meals today - back on it 2moro - promise! Thx for looking out for me!

Decided to do Success Express 2moro! Thought I'd better post it in case I chicken out it the morning - off to bed - early night - see u all 2moro xx

I was with you on not eating meals yesterday and the way I feel right now I could eat junk all day today. :(

Is Success Express just extra super free? 2/3rds of plate? Are there other rules re hex's or anything?
Good Luck with it, you really need another good week this week to get you firmly down in the 10s.
I can't wait to get into the 11s but know I'm probably going to have a gain this week :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Back