NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hi all. Had a busy weekend. Had Flynn from Saturday 9am. Met Mum nr Motorway. Popped home for breakfast then we went to Paradise park for 4.1/2 hrs. Lots of walking. Felt it Sunday.
At 5pm I picked Faye up from dance - IN THE DARK. Won`t be doing that again as my cateract is getting worse and I can hardly see out of that eye at night.
Gave children dinner then we waited for Mum.
`
Sunday we went to a hairdressers cash and carry and bought Faye`s delayed birthday present. A training head with real hair. Quite expensive but well worth it. She loved it and sat plaiting it till Mum got back again,. We also went to Toys R Us to check out Xmas pressies then on to KFC for their lunch. I did pinch the ice cream they left and a chip of 2. Great weekend.

Anyway, here is the food.

Saturday

2 eggs and beans on 2 toast
S: banana & pear
Cup of tea at zoo while Flynn ate ice cream.
D: Chicken thighs and pasta. The children didn`t want all theirs. Also 1/2 a dinasaur.
Mmm so far ok. Then courtesy of mum 2 mince pies and cream and some pancake with syrup that Flynn left.

Sunday

2 eggs, 2 toast bacon & beans & mush
Ice cream from kids at KFC
Ate a chicken thigh that was left but was so knackered did not want to cook.
During the course of the evening I ate 6 slices if bread and 3 bananas.

Monday 1st Dec. New month new line.................

B: 2 eggs and beans h/e toast plus 1 more toast 2.1/2 syns
s: 2 bananas and a walk for 20mins
D: Chicken in red wine (from a packet) with mush & onions and boiled rice. 2 syns for 1/3rd pkt
Banana x 2 & Yogurt 2 syns
Baileys coffee with 25ml Baileys. 4 syns

10.1/2 syns total.

Well that wasn't too bad Doreen - we've had much worse feasts than that!!! I think u did well and showed lots of restraint esp whilst you were eating out! If you repeat your angelic day for the rest of the week - I think the scales will be smiling at u - I'm copying u and getting up those stairs now!xx

Your welcome. Do you know what page that recipe was on I have looked quickly down the lists but cannot find it.

Yes I love chorizo. Having some tomorrow with chicken,.

The chorizo recipe is on the last page - 148 on my iPad - u may have seen that some people have been saying that the page numbering changes depending on the setting on ur computer/device.

I'll look for the cider one 2moro cos it's not so easy on the iPAD.

when I'm on the laptop, I just press the CTRL and F keys together - then a box appears at the top of the screen where you type what ur looking for - so 'cider' in this case - then u scroll down the index page until you find the word cider highlighted in yellow - much easier to spot amongst the black text.

Hope I made myself understood there? Pity ur too far to pop in for a coffee in the morning - so much easier to show than tell!

Let me know how u get on and I'll try to make myself clearer if necessary - really off to bed nowxx

The chorizo recipe is on the last page - 148 on my iPad - u may have seen that some people have been saying that the page numbering changes depending on the setting on ur computer/device.

I'll look for the cider one 2moro cos it's not so easy on the iPAD.

when I'm on the laptop, I just press the CTRL and F keys together - then a box appears at the top of the screen where you type what ur looking for - so 'cider' in this case - then u scroll down the index page until you find the word cider highlighted in yellow - much easier to spot amongst the black text.

Hope I made myself understood there? Pity ur too far to pop in for a coffee in the morning - so much easier to show than tell!

Let me know how u get on and I'll try to make myself clearer if necessary - really off to bed nowxx

I did it, it worked and
I found it. Thanks.

I wish I could pop in for coffee too.

xx Really going to bed now :)

I did it, it worked and
I found it. Thanks.

I wish I could pop in for coffee too.

xx Really going to bed now :)

Glad u found it - I'm really joining u in bed now (if you know what I mean!) xx

Glad u found it - I'm really joining u in bed now (if you know what I mean!) xx

Morning.

Yea I know what you meant. Didn`t see it until this morning. I may have wondered LOL

Just cooking breakfast. Been to surgery and my cholesterol is 6.1 so need to do something about that.

Oh my goodness. My tooth is really hurting as soon as I eat. Am waiting a phone call from dentist.

Have just eaten a sausage cut up small, an egg and a few beans and it has really started tooth hurting.
That was 1 syn for the sausage.

Was going to have chorizo and chicken for dinner, not now. Breakfast did not take much chewing, in fact I think I really just swallowed it but I am now in pain. Taken painkillers, hope they work as good as they usually do.

Speak later. x

Oh, hope you feel better soon, Doreen! Let's hope the dentist can sort you out immediately. Big hugs to you!

Kathy xx

Poor you Doreen. I hate the dentist but toothache is even worse. I hope they have you an emergency appointment xx

Thanks. They are trying to fit me in today. If not it will be Thursday as she does not work Wednesday or Friday. I phoned yesterday but she had booked the day off. I will have to be careful what I eat.

Lunch was mash and broccoli all mashed up so no chewing,

No joy from dentist. I rang them at 12 and they said still trying to find a space. They never rang and said no joy which annoyed me a bit. Now it will have to be Thursday or I will have to pay and go elsewhere. Pain killers are keeping it at bay if I am careful eating.

B: 1 sausage (1 syn) cut up, few beans 2 eggs. Coffee
L: Mashed spud & broccoli with 40g low fat cheese, h/e b.
D: boiled rice & egg. That hurt a bit. 2 x yogurt (1 syn)
I had some rice left so had it later with banana & fromage frais. very nice.

Baileys coffee before bed. (4 syns)

Total 6 syns

Last edited:
Oh, poor you! Yes, it's so annoying when people don't get back to you when they say they will, especially when you're in pain. Hope you manage to sleep well and they fit you in soon. Take care. xx

Oh no ! Tootache and earache are just the worst thing x don't they have early morning emergency appts or try the out of hours dentist x

No joy from dentist. I rang them at 12 and they said still trying to find a space. They never rang and said no joy which annoyed me a bit. Now it will have to be Thursday or I will have to pay and go elsewhere. Pain killers are keeping it at bay if I am careful eating.

D: boiled rice & egg. That hurt a bit. 2 x yogurt (1syn)

Total 6 syns

Oh that's rubbish.... so annoying when they don't even bother to call you back with an apology and to check you're ok. Is it the actual tooth or is it an abscess under it, do you think? I do hope those painkillers work for you tonight and you're not up in the night with it. xx

Oh no ! Tootache and earache are just the worst thing x don't they have early morning emergency appts or try the out of hours dentist x

Oh that's rubbish.... so annoying when they don't even bother to call you back with an apology and to check you're ok. Is it the actual tooth or is it an abscess under it, do you think? I do hope those painkillers work for you tonight and you're not up in the night with it. xx

They usually see me the day I ring. You can only see your own dentist. It is definately the tooth, it is very loose and has been for some time. I have been using mouthwash & etc hoping it would settle. But no.
I don`t want to go Wednesday as I am going to a local show which a friend is in. If I keep taking the painkillers it will be ok. I shall go down Thursday just before 9am as that is when my dentist will arrive. She will probably just tell me to wait a little while. The receptionist had said there were a few emergencies.

They don`t keep early appointments for emergencies as such as they are so busy. I shouldn`t moan really this is the first time I have been let down by them. If it hurt all the time I would have been on their doorstep. It just makes it difficult to eat properly.

I will have to cook the chicken I have thawed and whiz the stew into a soup.

Thanks for your concern ladies xxx

Morning.

Yea I know what you meant. Didn`t see it until this morning. I may have wondered LOL

Just cooking breakfast. Been to surgery and my cholesterol is 6.1 so need to do something about that.

oh dear - has the surgery suggested anything? High cholesterol runs in my hubby's family - he had his checked (after lots of um 'encouragement' from me!) It was high so I also encouraged him to try soya lecithin and fish oil capsules and at his next blood test it was in the normal range - I know u have to be careful with meds cos of ur diabetes - hope u can reduce it v soon. X

Oh my goodness. My tooth is really hurting as soon as I eat. Am waiting a phone call from dentist.

Have just eaten a sausage cut up small, an egg and a few beans and it has really started tooth hurting.
That was 1 syn for the sausage.

Was going to have chorizo and chicken for dinner, not now. Breakfast did not take much chewing, in fact I think I really just swallowed it but I am now in pain. Taken painkillers, hope they work as good as they usually do.

Speak later. x

Oh no u are in the wars - I've just read this so hope you're feeling better by now - will check for more of ur posts take care xx

D: boiled rice & egg. That hurt a bit. 2 x yogurt (1 syn)
I had some rice left so had it later with banana & fromage frais. very nice.

Total 6 syns

I'd have been upset too if dentist didn't ring u back. You're doing well with ur food and pain management - Baileys a good idea!! Hope it settles down 2moro and that u get seen early on Thursday xx

Last edited:
They usually see me the day I ring. You can only see your own dentist. It is definately the tooth, it is very loose and has been for some time. I have been using mouthwash & etc hoping it would settle. But no.
I don`t want to go Wednesday as I am going to a local show which a friend is in. If I keep taking the painkillers it will be ok. I shall go down Thursday just before 9am as that is when my dentist will arrive. She will probably just tell me to wait a little while. The receptionist had said there were a few emergencies.

They don`t keep early appointments for emergencies as such as they are so busy. I shouldn`t moan really this is the first time I have been let down by them. If it hurt all the time I would have been on their doorstep. It just makes it difficult to eat properly.

I will have to cook the chicken I have thawed and whiz the stew into a soup.

Thanks for your concern ladies xxx

Enjoy ur chicken soup a cure for everything I think! Xx

Hello another busy day - good cos it helps with staying on plan! Had my second Sexpress day today - wish I'd remembered earlier how much all the superfree fills me up!!

It was the first performance of Poppy's Christmas school show (she's Mary) at the local theatre today - I reminded her to fold her outfit carefully for next performance - she then asked if I was saying that cos Mary was a tidy lady!!

we'd made her outfit but we had a surprise when she appeared on stage in a trendy adaption of her outfit and wore her long brown boots instead of her shoes in the bag! When we asked her why she'd done that she said she would have been too embarrassed to wear the intended outfit so hitched up the skirt which hid the plaited blue belt her Mum made, kept her black leggings & boots on instead of shoes and white socks!!

I'm going to speak to her teacher 2moro - I'm sure they're too busy to check that each child wears what home has provided! They've worked very hard to produce the show which was called Pantolig - combination of panto and Nadolig (Welsh for Xmas) a mix of Cinderella and the nativity!! It was very good and being Wales the singing and music we're fab!! Here's my food:

B: banana and muller light yogurt
L: 7 speed veg soup
T: a variation of Kathy's lovely hearty beef casserole With superfree carrots, onions, and free peas and s/corn and 1.5 Syns
dessert - Alpen Light - Half HEB

Body magic - Went for an hour's walk and tons of housework after the family's weekend visit.

Hello another busy day - good cos it helps with staying on plan! Had my second Sexpress day today - wish I'd remembered earlier how much all the superfree fills me up!!

It was the first performance of Poppy's Christmas school show (she's Mary) at the local theatre today - I reminded her to fold her outfit carefully for next performance - she then asked if I was saying that cos Mary was a tidy lady!!

we'd made her outfit but we had a surprise when she appeared on stage in a trendy adaption of her outfit and wore her long brown boots instead of her shoes in the bag! When we asked her why she'd done that she said she would have been too embarrassed to wear the intended outfit so hitched up the skirt which hid the plaited blue belt her Mum made, kept her black leggings & boots on instead of shoes and white socks!!

I'm going to speak to her teacher 2moro - I'm sure they're too busy to check that each child wears what home has provided! They've worked very hard to produce the show which was called Pantolig - combination of panto and Nadolig (Welsh for Xmas) a mix of Cinderella and the nativity!! It was very good and being Wales the singing and music we're fab!! Here's my food:

B: banana and muller light yogurt
L: 7 speed veg soup
T: a variation of Kathy's lovely hearty beef casserole With superfree carrots, onions, and free peas and s/corn and 1.5 Syns
dessert - Alpen Light - Half HEB

Body magic - Went for an hour's walk and tons of housework after the family's weekend visit.

Good food AND body magic. Go girl go!!!

You must be so proud of Polly being in the school play. It is so lovely to watch them playing their parts. They do have a mind of their own tho` don`t they. And of course with the Welsh singing. Seriously I love to hear the guys singing in their choirs. Very moving.
Hope the teacher get Polly to wear her costume right next performance. :rolleyes:

Back