NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Tooth not too bad today. Just keeping up with the painkillers.

Just popping to Tesco to get some NZ dollars to put in the Christmas cards for the boys. What with 4 Christmas cards and a birthday card for Julie all in one envelope usually comes to about £5 postage. Still cheaper than sending them individually though.

Have a good day all. xx

Morning ladies x
Glad to hear your tooths not too painful Doreen x
Linda well done on the body magic if you need more my house needs a hoover

Food for today Wed 3rd Dec.

B: 2 eggs, sausage cut up small mushrooms. Few baked beans Coffee.
L: Chicken casserole blitzed for ease of eating.
D: need to cook the chicken thighs. Working out the best way.

Yogurt bananas frozen fruits

Good food AND body magic. Go girl go!!!

You must be so proud of Polly being in the school play. It is so lovely to watch them playing their parts. They do have a mind of their own tho` don`t they. And of course with the Welsh singing. Seriously I love to hear the guys singing in their choirs. Very moving.
Hope the teacher get Polly to wear her costume right next performance. :rolleyes:

yes we'll see what teacher says!

Tooth not too bad today. Just keeping up with the painkillers.

Just popping to Tesco to get some NZ dollars to put in the Christmas cards for the boys. What with 4 Christmas cards and a birthday card for Julie all in one envelope usually comes to about £5 postage. Still cheaper than sending them individually though.

Have a good day all. xx

Glad to hear tooth is not so painful - hope it stays that way and u see dentist in the morning.

yes postage is expensive but I'm sure the appreciate your gifts. I'll pop in later to check up on ur tooth!xx

D: need to cook the chicken thighs. Working out the best way to cook them.

Tasty food and all on plan - you're having a good week so hopefully a good loss is coming ur way!

Morning ladies x
Glad to hear your tooths not too painful Doreen x
Linda well done on the body magic if you need more my house needs a hoover 
Would happily pop in for a coffee and to help whilst you're both ill but can only send best wishes for a speedy recovery!x

D: need to cook the chicken thighs. Working out the best way.

Hope that food is ok for your tooth, its certainly good for sw plan. Good luck for the dentist x

oh dear - has the surgery suggested anything? High cholesterol runs in my hubby's family - he had his checked (after lots of um 'encouragement' from me!) It was high so I also encouraged him to try soya lecithin and fish oil capsules and at his next blood test it was in the normal range - I know u have to be careful with meds cos of ur diabetes - hope u can reduce it v soon. X

No suggestions from the surgery just a diet plan which is very similar to sw as in the things I should & should not eat. I might pop into the chemist after tooth tomorrow and get some. I don`t any oily fish or anything other than fish from chippy once in a while. Thanks for that Upndown

I blitzed the stew which was turkey after all not chicken. Thew is away. Didn`t fancy it.

Am cooking a couple of chicken thighs with some chorizo and will have mash with it.

Tooth coming out Thursday 10am. Hurrah.

No suggestions from the surgery just a diet plan which is very similar to sw as in the things I should & should not eat. I might pop into the chemist after tooth tomorrow and get some. I don`t any oily fish or anything other than fish from chippy once in a while. Thanks for that Upndown

I blitzed the stew which was turkey after all not chicken. Thew is away. Didn`t fancy it.

Am cooking a couple of chicken thighs with some chorizo and will have mash with it.

Tooth coming out Thursday 10am. Hurrah.

so glad u have an early appointment!

Pity about the turkey?

Hope the fish oil and soya lecithin wdn't affect ur other meds - perhaps u cd check with a pharmacist? think Holland and Barrat's sale might still be on if u have one near u.

Good luck 2moroxx

I See Doreen's had a good day, will find out about Linda, Ann and Others' diaries after I finish here. Mo's quiet - hope she's well and could be at target now!!

Well I've been helping a friend today - she's a freelance IT trainer - many moons ago she was a mature student of mine (I used to teach IT and Business Studies). She's under pressure to finish some work so will be helping her for a bit.

Hubby and I went out for a meal tonight - it was lovely and pretty SW friendly. Here's how my day went:

B: muller yog and plums
L: seven speed soup, Alpen light (half HEB)
T: Turkey, small amount of stuffing x syns ?? Brussels, carrots, red cabbage, small pig in blanket x Syns

Followed by a waffle Syns? Warm blackberries, 1 scoop of salted caramel ice cream, also had hubby's sprig of red currants

I asked for gravy to be served separately and only moistened the meat with it, asked for no potatoes, cranberry and bread sauce - and for just one scoop of ice cream but u never know how many extra Syns they use to cook do you?

2 diet cokes, nas, water, fruit tea, 1 coffee ss milk part HEA

body magic - 45 ish mins walk - need to vary my exercise now I'm back doing it again!

Last edited:
That sounds a delicious meal, even without the extras and I reckon pretty good on syns for a meal out, well done for managing that! We're off to visit my mother in law tomorrow but hopefully I can stay pretty much on plan, I'll take snacks and it will probably be a sandwich or roll for lunch, which I can count in.

I hope Mo is ok too, she hasn't popped in for a while now. Fingers crossed Doreen is fast asleep or soon will be and tomorrow the offending tooth is sorted for good.
Night all xx

That sounds a delicious meal, even without the extras and I reckon pretty good on syns for a meal out, well done for managing that! We're off to visit my mother in law tomorrow but hopefully I can stay pretty much on plan, I'll take snacks and it will probably be a sandwich or roll for lunch, which I can count in.

I hope Mo is ok too, she hasn't popped in for a while now. Fingers crossed Doreen is fast asleep or soon will be and tomorrow the offending tooth is sorted for good.
Night all xx

Night, night hope it's a restful one for you xx

Your days food looked good Upndown. Can you enlighten me to 7 speed soup when you have a minute.

Food for me Turs 4th December.
B: Sausage eggs beans
D: 2 chicken thighs cut up after cooking and eaten hot. Was easier on my tooth

Went to the show re a local pilot in WW1. Very good. I had three glasses of wine.
When I got home had mashed banana & banana & custard muller.

Not a lot of superfree but 18 syns for the wine. I did sleep well.

Last edited:
Went to the dentist 10am this morning. I had 4 injections but as there was an infection under the tooth they didn`t really help except to make mouth & gums feel thick. My god when she started pulling I went with her and really shouted. Of course she did not stop and then it was out. My goodness it hurt so so much it was agony. I cried in the surgery as she was so kind to me. That always sets me off. I popped into the craft class in library which took my mind off it somewhat.

It is stilll hurting a lot even tho have taken some pain killers. Am just going to sit in the chair with TV on and will probably fall asleep. If the pain lets me. I am feeling so sorry for myself. :wave_cry: But I will be fine :)

Sorry to hear it wasn't easyx ((hugs))

Thank you. I am glad I had some scrambled egg before I went to dentist. Have managed to eat a ripe pear with some fromage frais a short time ago. Am cooking BNS & carrot soup for later. If it does stop hurting then I may have some mash and broccoli.

Thursday 4th December Green Day

Hexa Milk hexa
Hexb 40 LF Cheese. 40g LF Cheese

B: Scrambled eggs with 20g cheese

L: BNS & Carrot soup. Fromage Frais & Bananas

D: Boiled spud with 60g grated cheese and lots broccoli.
Mullerlite yogurt x 2

Weigh Day tomorrow. Mouth is feeling a little better.

Went to the dentist 10am this morning. I had 4 injections but as there was an infection under the tooth they didn`t really help except to make mouth & gums feel thick. My god when she started pulling I went with her and really shouted. Of course she did not stop and then it was out. My goodness it hurt so so much it was agony. I cried in the surgery as she was so kind to me. That always sets me off. I popped into the craft class in library which took my mind off it somewhat.

It is stilll hurting a lot even tho have taken some pain killers. Am just going to sit in the chair with TV on and will probably fall asleep. If the pain lets me. I am feeling so sorry for myself. :wave_cry: But I will be fine :)

Oh Doreen I was sorry to hear it was so bad at the dentist - did she prescribe antibiotics for the infection? I hope it will settle down with the pain killers and a rest - I also hope you have a restful sleep tonight to help the healing process xx

Back