NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Glad everything went ok, Doreen and that they've fitted you in for an early appointment next time, too. Think you were wise not to drive, after having your eye dilated. xx

After yest - wanted to keep food low & light today - but didn't work out like that - not too bad - see what u think - I think it cd have been worse - will go to bed a bit earlier to make sure I don't eat any more than what I've listed!

Have I mentioned b4 - that for 2 weeks of the month I seem to be able to stay on plan then the other 2 weeks I seem to need more food. This week looks like it's a hungry week!

RED DAY
b: 35g oats heb, berries, ff yog
snack: banana
l: corn on the cob
snack: 2 crackers - 3 syns
d: Chocko's lovely chicken & chorizo casserole - 5 syns, with onions, carrots, tomatoes and new potatoes 6 syns
dessert: ff yog, 35g oats heb
treat: freddo - 5 syns

TOTAL - 19 syns

Last edited:
After yest - wanted to keep food low & light today - but didn't work out like that - not too bad - see what u think - I think it cd have been worse - will go to bed a bit earlier to make sure I don't eat any more than what I've listed! Have I mentioned b4 - that for 2 weeks of the month I seem to be able to stay on plan then the other 2 weeks I seem to need more food. This week looks like it's a hungry week! RED DAY b: 35g oats heb, berries, ff yog snack: banana l: corn on the cob snack: 2 crackers - 3 syns d: Chocko's lovely chicken & chorizo casserole - 5 syns, with onions, carrots, tomatoes and new potatoes dessert: ff yog, 35g oats heb treat: freddo - 5 syns TOTAL - 13 syns

I think your day looks brill! Lots of yummy filling nutritious foods in there, well done you! Do your weeks correlate with your cycle weeks? X

Wed 21st January

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 toast 2 eggs few baked beans. Coffee.

snack banana & pear

L: ham, tomatoes, red onion, pepper, lettuce baby gem. beetroot, boiled egg., cue, 6 grapes, Honey & mustard dressing (2syns)
Coffee.

D: chicken thighs, broccoli, potato boiled. Stuffing gravy. (2.1/2 syns)
Frozen fruit & quark. Coffee

banana & pear

total syns 4.1/2

In case you didn`t notice I had SALAD. Tried it with hioney & mustard dressing and quite enjoyed it. I`m not really a salad person

Hope you have all had a good day.

Last edited:
Thanks! Random question, But on most threads I've read there is nothing about the amount of water people drink. I religously try to drink 2 litres of water aday. When I stop drinking water I start putting weight back on. Do any of you fab Slimming world'ers calculate your water intake too?
Stacey :)

Hi - my drink of choice is fruit tea - I drink a few a day, maybe a couple of coffees or 2 teas plus water with the occasional carbonated diet drinks. I try to follow the NHS guidline on fluid intake - 1.6L plus we get fluid from veg, fruit and other food don't we.

I think drinking a fair amount keeps us feeling fuller and I've read that when we're dieting - if we're dehydrated our bodies are less able to release fat.

Good luck with ur weight loss journey - keep us posted xx

Your day looks fab sweetie! Well done on your fluid intake too x

After yest - wanted to keep food low & light today - but didn't work out like that - not too bad - see what u think - I think it cd have been worse - will go to bed a bit earlier to make sure I don't eat any more than what I've listed!

Have I mentioned b4 - that for 2 weeks of the month I seem to be able to stay on plan then the other 2 weeks I seem to need more food. This week looks like it's a hungry week!

RED DAY
b: 35g oats heb, berries, ff yog
snack: banana
l: corn on the cob
snack: 2 crackers - 3 syns
d: Chocko's lovely chicken & chorizo casserole - 5 syns, with onions, carrots, tomatoes and new potatoes
dessert: ff yog, 35g oats heb
treat: freddo - 5 syns

TOTAL - 13 syns

Looks good to me Linda, The only concern is if you had 2 heb oats then you have to syn the potatoes too, On a red day they are also a heb.
Unfortunately you have to either syn the potato or one of the oats. I`m sure I am correct.
Sorry.
What did you think of the chicken with chorizo?

Last edited:
I was supposed to go to a meeting tonight at 5pm. When I was leaving the house it was not quite dark but I could not see because of the lights on the other cars. My eye had to be dilated as I said and they have not closed properly yet and it would have been too dangerous to drive, if fact I could not drive.. I expect they will phone me in the morning, I am supposed to attend for 5 weeks. oh well..

Well I think you did the right thing there Doreen - I'm sure u can rearrange ur meeting xx

Looks good to me Linda, The only concern is if you had 2 heb oats then you have to syn the potatoes too, On a red day thet are also a heb. Unfortunately you have to either syn the potato or one of the oats. I`m sure I am correct.
Sorry.
What did you think of the chicken with chorizo?

oh yes thx Doreen - so that's 19 syns then! I'll edit my post now! But better that than on a choc binge - u've reminded me why I tend not to fo red and green days!

The chicken and chorizo was lovely - hubby and Poppy thought so too!xx

Yes I must admit my trips to loo do decrease once my body gets used to it but im a bugger and don't drink enough x

I think your day looks brill! Lots of yummy filling nutritious foods in there, well done you! Do your weeks correlate with your cycle weeks? X

thx - but Doreen's just kindly let me know that I've miscalculated my syns - I've actually had 19 eek!

yes I think my hungry weeks are down to hormones!

oh yes thx Doreen - so that's 19 syns then! I'll edit my post now! But better that than on a choc binge - u've reminded me why I tend not to fo red and green days!

Definitely better than a chocolate binge. So sorry I was so observant. Don`t go an eat anything else though before you go to bed. xxxx

No snow and no sun which is good as I have my eye dilated for the test. I did get seen very quickly but I have to go back on 4th Feb for some lasering on my right eye as it is leaking. Could not be done today as I was seen before my time I would have had to wait a very long time. The doc said he was going to put on my notes that I get very anxious and must have early appointments.

The one on the 4th is 9.20. Ihad to be seen within 6 weeks. I will be seen 2nd which is really good.

I was supposed to go to a meeting tonight at 5pm. When I was leaving the house it was not quite dark but I could not see because of the lights on the other cars. My eye had to be dilated as I said and they have not closed properly yet and it would have been too dangerous to drive, if fact I could not drive.. I expect they will phone me in the morning, I am supposed to attend for 5 weeks. oh well..

Really good to read those posts Doreen and its great that the doctor understood about your anxiety and will make sure you get an early appointment, that should really help. You were very sensible not to drive this evening and they should understand that. Hope your eyes have settled now. xx

thx - but Doreen's just kindly let me know that I've miscalculated my syns - I've actually had 19 eek! yes I think my hungry weeks are down to hormones!

Those naughty hormones!!!! I have no idea about red days so I didn't even notice that!!!! Oops! X

Those naughty hormones!!!! I have no idea about red days so I didn't even notice that!!!! Oops! X

Yes a great big oops and goes to show I don't know a red day from my elbow!

How are you doing?xx

Yes a great big oops!! How are you doing?xx

I'm good thank you :) Just enjoying my evening snacks whilst I watch celeb bb! X

Thanks! Random question, But on most threads I've read there is nothing about the amount of water people drink. I religously try to drink 2 litres of water aday. When I stop drinking water I start putting weight back on. Do any of you fab Slimming world'ers calculate your water intake too?
Stacey :)

Hi Stacey... I see Nanny D has already welcomed you. I'm another of her crazy regular posters but have to say this is such a lovely friendly place and always help on hand. Good luck with your SW journey. :)

I'd not have known that when I looked at your food, so good job Doreen is on the ball. Not too bad though and yes, deffo better than a choccy binge. I'm making that chicken and chorizo at the weekend, its already on my mealplan. :)

Back