NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Thanks for the beautiful flowers and all the encouragement, Linda. :) I did actually, REALLY enjoy the risotto! I'd forgotten how tasty it is. We had a bowl of strawberries after so, all in all, a good meal.

At least the spag bol should have been ok for you, wasn't it? How good of Phil to do the cooking. Pete made a meal for myself and my two 'children' (Philip - 30, Amy - 28) years ago and, to be honest, it was painful! Can't remember now what it was he cooked but he had each ingredient weighed out in separate dishes, as they do on the cookery programmes, he drained the potatoes in a colander, instead of with the pan lid and created a total mess in the kitchen, with lots of washing up! It took absolutely ages too and every time I went into the kitchen, I was itching to take over or, at least, to tidy up but I had to control myself. :) Eventually, when the meal was finally ready, after practically every mouthful, he asked us all if it was ok! I remember saying to him how it just showed what a novelty it was for him to cook! :D To be honest though now, he's so ridiculously busy, that it's easier for me to do all the cooking because he's never in much before 9 o'clock.

Glad your weekend sounds to have gone very well though, Linda. Forget the excessive Syns. Sometimes they just can't be avoided, can they? I'm sure you'll soon be back on track. Ooh, a little daschund puppy - how cute! :) Lots of cuddles! Have a good day tomorrow, Linda. xx

Hee Hee poor Pete - he sounds like a perfectionist and wanted to please you all! I tend to do most of the cooking here - well I'm not working and Phil's like Pete out of the house about 12 hours a day - but he retired on Friday - can't remember if I've said before - that he's been 'putting off' his retirement for nearly 2 years so I can hardly believe it! Of course although it's lovely to have the family here - it's been very busy so we're just flaked out on the sofa right now! We're planning a walk on Anglesey 2moro if it's not raining - if it is we're going to the cinema if there's anything we fancy watching.

I love those little sausagedog puppies.

Kathy thw story of Phil doing the cooking for the `children` reminded me of a trip to my see my Sister.

She does lovely cooking, but never gives big portions and always a pudding, ww style for me. "I said to her hubby that he was so lucky to have Janet cook a meal every day for him. My sister said he can cook but doesn`t. He told me that when he is cooking Janet keeps popping in and telling how he should be doing it because he is doing it wrong.
I remember her taking a boiled egg off of me which I was having trouble peeling and said "Don`t you watch Jamie Oliver? This is how you shell an egg"

Don`t get me wrong she is lovely, she just cannot not say anything if not being done `her way`.
Of course when Trev was telling me she pulled a face and said she does not do that. Miss Bossy Boots.

Glad you enjoyed your paella, I have only had mushroom paella with my Andy (NZ) cooked for me. Looked like too much trouble. But was lovely. Much better than the pizza van though so well done you.

I added yesterday with my evening fruit 4 slices of ham. Was not hungry but wanted to eat.
Dinner today will be either chilli con carni of lasagne. Not sure yet.

Your story about your sister made me smile - you're doing really well Nanny D - once again showing me up to be a greedy lady - I've eaten everything in sight today :eek:

Did some more digging today and cut the grass twice so it is now nice and low as we are expecting rain tomorrow. It does say sunny in the afternoon though. Have the front to do now.
Just had dinner so when it has settled I will go out and give the garden a good sweep.
Spent 3 hours out today at the cafe (went in the car, this friend does not want to walk) having fruit tea then walking around the two garden centres.

My food for today.

Monday 4th May

hexa 1% milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 1/2 triangle cheese. beans, 1 egg 2 toast.
L: 2 cheeses, ham, tomatoes, satsumas.
D: Mince, bns, corgette, tomatoes Lasagne.
white sauce & topping 2 eggs & yogurt Plus 40g LF cheese and slimming world chips. Just a few.
Frozen berries & yogurt
2 apples, 2 satsumas

Syns. 2.1/2 triangle cheese - 2.5
cheese 40g - 5.5

Weekly syns 51/60

Half of the Lasagne I made will go in the freezer for another day.

A brilliant day again Doreen and a 'ND' branded ready meal for a 'rainy' day too - great planning too xxx

I am jealous I have been unable to cut mine as it's been raining today x

Yes the summer's a bit slow in coming after giving us a taster earlier on!! No rain here today but lots forecast for 2moro plus high winds - great!! xx

Last edited:
Enjoy your walk on Anglesey, Linda. We take the Year 6's to the Conway Centre there each September. When we went last year, we were so lucky with the weather. It was glorious all the time and the views over the Straits, from the manicured grounds of the Centre, were just beautiful. It was perfect when we went sailing one afternoon. I wasn't brave enough to go canoeing, I'm afraid! :D

Glad you're having a lovely time with your guests.

Good luck with your training, bubble. I really hope you are accepted! Sorry to hear you've been feeling down but I think you've taken a positive step to pick yourself up without, as you say, resorting to the tablets. At least you know you can always come on here for a chat and we'll all do our best to be there for you.

Well, back to work tomorrow so I'll say good night to you all and, no doubt, catch up tomorrow evening. xx

Morning all. Bit wet here today. It rained last night so ground it pretty damp. So glad I made myself cut the grass yesterday. This rain will do it good. I am hoping to do a bit of weeding out the front today. It is a bit, well it is clay and not so easy to do. I was so tired last night I kept falling asleep from around 6pm. In the end decided to go to bed at 8pm. Got up at 7am. I must have been really tired. Anyway breakfast then housework to do.

I wonder if Linda has her friends today too. Although she did say she would be back on track today with Phil so maybe they have left now.

Have a good day all.

Morning all. Bit wet here today. It rained last night so ground it pretty damp. So glad I made myself cut the grass yesterday. This rain will do it good. I am hoping to do a bit of weeding out the front today. It is a bit, well it is clay and not so easy to do. I was so tired last night I kept falling asleep from around 6pm. In the end decided to go to bed at 8pm. Got up at 7am. I must have been really tired. Anyway breakfast then housework to do.

I wonder if Linda has her friends today too. Although she did say she would be back on track today with Phil so maybe they have left now.

Have a good day all.

Glad you had a good night's sleep - that hard work must have wiped you out!! Good body magic too! How's your mouth today?Yes it's been raining here, more on its way by the look of the clouds but hopefully some dry spells too.

Family and friends all gone - lots of housework/washing to be done after the gang - but it will have to wait - it's Phil first 'work' day of his retirement - not sure what we'll do but something nice - I've had far too much to eat over the weekend so back on plan today and exercise too. Hope you have a great day Doreen and everyone else here does too. I WILL be back later posting my food and hopefully it'll all be good :rolleyes: xx

Quiet here today ladies - hope you're enjoying your days and on plan - no rain here yet - bright and sunny but very blustery so just chilled and done a few jobs - will pop in later - food so far been good!! xx

Glad you had a good night's sleep - that hard work must have wiped you out!! Good body magic too! How's your mouth today?Yes it's been raining here, more on its way by the look of the clouds but hopefully some dry spells too.

Family and friends all gone - lots of housework/washing to be done after the gang - but it will have to wait - it's Phil first 'work' day of his retirement - not sure what we'll do but something nice - I've had far too much to eat over the weekend so back on plan today and exercise too. Hope you have a great day Doreen and everyone else here does too. I WILL be back later posting my food and hopefully it'll all be good :rolleyes: xx

Quiet here today ladies - hope you're enjoying your days and on plan - no rain here yet - bright and sunny but very blustery so just chilled and done a few jobs - will pop in later - food so far been good!! xx

It is very quiet. I have just been doing housework, a bit of TV and some sewing. I needed a couple of things photocopied and MADE myself walk to the library. It is not far only about 7-10 mins each way. It made my back hurt a bit. All that sitting around last week. No gardening done today, it is so blowy out there, it was blowing me as I was walking. My mouth ..... the tooth is a bit suspect so get a little earache now and again. I want to give it another week to see if it settles before I do anymore about it.

It is nice to have visitors but nice to get your place back to yourself. Don`t know if you agree with that. Did you and Phil do anything nice today? More importantly were you on plan?

Here is my food for today. It is nearly 7pm so the most I want to have during the evening is maybe a couple of apples.

Tuesday 5th May

hexa 1%milk. hexb 1 bread

B: 1 toast. 2 eggs, tin spaghetti minus juice.
L: Jacket potato, curried beans & mushrooms. 3 Satsumas. 1 banana
D: Chicken drumsticks 3, broccoli cauli. peas. roast spuds 200g. gravy
Raspberries in raspberry jelly, banana
Maybe apple or two later. Freddo

Syns
Gravy grans - 2
1/ 2 jelly - .75
Freddo - 5

Syns 58.75 of 75

Last edited:
It is very quiet. I have just been doing housework, a bit of TV and some sewing. I needed a couple of things photocopied and MADE myself walk to the library. It is not far only about 7-10 mins each way. It made my back hurt a bit. All that sitting around last week. No gardening done today, it is so blowy out there, it was blowing me as I was walking. My mouth ..... the tooth is a bit suspect so get a little earache now and again. I want to give it another week to see if it settles before I do anymore about it.

It is nice to have visitors but nice to get your place back to yourself. Don`t know if you agree with that. Did you and Phil do anything nice today? More importantly were you on plan?

Here is my food for today. It is nearly 7pm so the most I want to have during the evening is maybe a couple of apples.

Tuesday 5th May

Syns
Gravy grans - 2
1/ 2 jelly - .75
Freddo - 5

Syns 58.75 of 75

Poor Phil has feel poorly today so confined to the house - but bet he'd have gone to work if he hadn't retired ;) so that was disappointing - so I sat with him for a while and did some tidying up - yes I agree - lovely to see them and lovely to see them go after 3 nights (in the nicest poss way :) )

Nuisance with your tooth/mouth - agree again to leave it alone before seeing the dentist/doc!!

You've done really well again today - pat on the back - I was ok-ish but broke SW rules but think I'm ok calorie wise - really will try to do an SW 2moro - promises. promises I know but I will try 2moro.

Didn't go to class either :eek: was that a Freudian slip or did I really think it was Monday today - mmmmmm..... :rolleyes:

Time to get Poppy to turn her light off - if I get a chance I'll come back later but may nod off with her hee-hee!! xx

Hi ladies. Busy day at school today and came home to find an email from Amy, asking me to edit her final essay for uni! So much for relaxing! :) She always like me to check for punctuation and grammar (although she's really good at it herself) and to try to 'lose' some of the words, to get her to the correct word count. It's quite a tricky thing to do because you have to read it as fluently as possible but, when you don't understand the subject matter (Total Reward in the corporate work place), that's easier said than done! I only work up to Year 6 in a PRIMARY school!! :D Anyway, I've just sent it back to her so, fingers crossed, it's ok. Think she just likes the reassurance of somebody else looking over it before submitting.

Sorry to hear your mouth/ear is still being a problem, Doreen. What a nuisance! Sorry to hear about Phil too, Linda. On his first day of retirement too! :( Hope he's feeling better by the morning.

It's been very windy here today, too, Doreen. Really strong! I'd be surprised if there's no structural damage somewhere. Hope it's calmer by morning. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your evening and I'll catch up again tomorrow. xx

Hi ladies. Busy day at school today and came home to find an email from Amy, asking me to edit her final essay for uni! So much for relaxing! :) She always like me to check for punctuation and grammar (although she's really good at it herself) and to try to 'lose' some of the words, to get her to the correct word count. It's quite a tricky thing to do because you have to read it as fluently as possible but, when you don't understand the subject matter (Total Reward in the corporate work place), that's easier said than done! I only work up to Year 6 in a PRIMARY school!! :D Anyway, I've just sent it back to her so, fingers crossed, it's ok. Think she just likes the reassurance of somebody else looking over it before submitting.

Sorry to hear your mouth/ear is still being a problem, Doreen. What a nuisance! Sorry to hear about Phil too, Linda. On his first day of retirement too! :( Hope he's feeling better by the morning.

It's been very windy here today, too, Doreen. Really strong! I'd be surprised if there's no structural damage somewhere. Hope it's calmer by morning. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your evening and I'll catch up again tomorrow. xx

Oh blimey - what us mothers do for our children!! 10 out of 10 and a gold star for you Kathy!! Yes let's hope Phil gets over this bug or whatever it is quickly - my middle son was off work with a similar thing too. xx

Tuesday 5th May

Syns
Gravy grans - 2
1/ 2 jelly - .75
Freddo - 5

Syns 58.75 of 75

Back as I said I might - hope your back doesn't prevent you sleeping and is fine 2moro - as you say your abcess has meant you've had to rest - hopefully when you're able to move more your back will be fine. My eating's been worse as the day went on - I'm really cross with myself - I must shake a leg and have a good on plan SW day 2moro - I have all the right food in - eaten my thro the naughty stuff now. Night, Night xx

You are a good Mum Kathy for checking Amy`s work for her. I bet she is so grateful. It is never easy to get the correct word count, especially on something that is not your forte.

Sorry Phil is unwell Linda hope he is feeling better today. and your son of course.
I think I noticed my back more as I was walking as not been doing too much of that lately. I did get so I could walk without back & hips aching. Did do a lot of bending in the garden though and may do some today. It is windy but sunny and warm.

Don`t worry about not going to class, did you ring & say, you don`t get charged then. I think you get 6 weeks.
My Consultant says to us not to ring and try to sound like we have a sore throat. I had to laugh at that because I have done that in the past. Not now though, I HAVE to have that weigh officially.

I have only looked at the scales once this week and that was after my bingey Friday. Will have a look in the morning when I am showered and dressed

I have just had breakfast of fried (in frylight) tomatoes and eggs. It was delicious

Catch you all later. .

You are a good Mum Kathy for checking Amy`s work for her. I bet she is so grateful. It is never easy to get the correct word count, especially on something that is not your forte.

Sorry Phil is unwell Linda hope he is feeling better today. and your son of course.
I think I noticed my back more as I was walking as not been doing too much of that lately. I did get so I could walk without back & hips aching. Did do a lot of bending in the garden though and may do some today. It is windy but sunny and warm.

Don`t worry about not going to class, did you ring & say, you don`t get charged then. I think you get 6 weeks.
My Consultant says to us not to ring and try to sound like we have a sore throat. I had to laugh at that because I have done that in the past. Not now though, I HAVE to have that weigh officially.

I have only looked at the scales once this week and that was after my bingey Friday. Will have a look in the morning when I am showered and dressed

I have just had breakfast of fried (in frylight) tomatoes and eggs. It was delicious

Catch you all later. .

Hope you get out in the garden Doreen - but don't do too much!! You'd need your wellies, a warm hat and gloves topped with an umbrella here - it's cold, wet and windy!! You're on plan again so only one more day now and you've got another week in the bag!!

Phil still feeling poorly - very unlike him to sit around - he's done a few things but then sits down - think he's tired but won't admit it even to himself!!

I've been fine on SW today - been clearing out the spare room - blimey we don't half collect some stuff - I've filled 3 bin bags for the charity shop and left a pile of Phil's things for him to sort when he feels brighter. Here's my food so far:

Brunch: 3 SW sausages - 3 syns - won't be buying them again - not keen on the taste and a bit expensive for £3 for 6 don't you think? bread - HEB, cherry tomatoes for speed - ketchup for flavour ;) 1.5 syns
D: maybe veg soup and chicken casserole
Might have a low syn treat later :)

HEA - semi skimmed milk in 3 teas not measured up to now but will do from now - I don't have any fruit teas in :(

Catch you later ladies - enjoy your day!!xx

Sorry Phil still isn't feeling good, Linda. What a start to his retirement! :(

Don't you just love the feeling when you've had a good clear out? :) I never really feel like doing it but, when I have, I feel really good!

Lucky Doreen having sunshine and warmth! Think we've had similar weather to you! Dull, windy and pouring with rain! Yuck!

Good luck with your on-plan day tomorrow, Linda. I always think it's so hard to get back on track, after having the freedom of eating what you want. Think we'll struggle after we've had our Aussie visitors staying with us for nearly a fortnight in August. :S Anyway, have a lovely evening and, hopefully, Phil will be much better by the morning. xx

Catch you all later. .

Ha ha to the good Mum bit, Doreen! Not sure Amy agrees with you! She sent me a text half an hour ago saying, 'I handed my essay in today so, if I fail or get a bad mark, I am holding you responsible..... just so you know! The editor is always accountable!' :D I told her I'd been editing an essay about zoos this afternoon (much more enjoyable) with a Year 6 child, who said how much better she thought she'd done, with support. I said how the little girl was 'SO much more appreciative than someone I could mention!'. :D
Kids!! :)

Hope your back pain soon eases off. I don't know, it's one thing after another! Feel really sorry for you. Glad you've had nice weather today though. I think you must have had mine and Linda's share! It's been vile here.

Liking the sound of your breakfast. Definitely beats All Bran and banana! Enjoy your evening. :) xx

Hope you get out in the garden Doreen - but don't do too much!! You'd need your wellies, a warm hat and gloves topped with an umbrella here - it's cold, wet and windy!! You're on plan again so only one more day now and you've got another week in the bag!!

Phil still feeling poorly - very unlike him to sit around - he's done a few things but then sits down - think he's tired but won't admit it even to himself!!

I've been fine on SW today - been clearing out the spare room - blimey we don't half collect some stuff - I've filled 3 bin bags for the charity shop and left a pile of Phil's things for him to sort when he feels brighter. Here's my food so far:

Brunch: 3 SW sausages - 3 syns - won't be buying them again - not keen on the taste and a bit expensive for £3 for 6 don't you think? bread - HEB, cherry tomatoes for speed - ketchup for flavour ;) 1.5 syns
D: maybe veg soup and chicken casserole
Might have a low syn treat later :)

HEA - semi skimmed milk in 3 teas not measured up to now but will do from now - I don't have any fruit teas in :(

Catch you later ladies - enjoy your day!!xx

I did got out into the garden today. The front is now looking so much better. It was sunny though windy. My neighbour had hat and scarf on to go out but I didn`t need even a cardigan as I was digging. Didn`t think it was that cold anyway.

Linda those sw sausages in Iceland are free.. Yes I do think they are expensive. Not heard many good reports about them. Apparently the skins are chewy too. Good for you keeping to plan too.

It did rain this afternoon as I went to the over 60`s for a quiz, but I was in the car. I met a new lady there by the name of Janet we got on really well. The club is running a coach trip to Ely in Cambridgeshire and she says she is going so I got the spare ticket and am going too. She is doing WW for the 2nd time so we have that in common too.

Sorry Phil is still under the weather. Good that you got some clearing out done. I love getting that done..

Ha ha to the good Mum bit, Doreen! Not sure Amy agrees with you! She sent me a text half an hour ago saying, 'I handed my essay in today so, if I fail or get a bad mark, I am holding you responsible..... just so you know! The editor is always accountable!' :D I told her I'd been editing an essay about zoos this afternoon (much more enjoyable) with a Year 6 child, who said how much better she thought she'd done, with support. I said how the little girl was 'SO much more appreciative than someone I could mention!'. :D
Kids!! :)

Hope your back pain soon eases off. I don't know, it's one thing after another! Feel really sorry for you. Glad you've had nice weather today though. I think you must have had mine and Linda's share! It's been vile here.

Liking the sound of your breakfast. Definitely beats All Bran and banana! Enjoy your evening. :) xx

I do like my breakfasts. I don`t do cereal at all. Not that I don`t like it I don`t stop eating it.
Had to laugh at what Amy said. Cheeky little madam. :)
The little ones are so sweet.

Hmm, little madam indeed!! :D Cheek of it!
That's good that you met a new lady, Doreen and that you got on so well. Never been to Ely before. Lucky you! When's the trip? You'll be able to swap notes about diet clubs! :D
Yes, I thought the sausages were Free, too. Just forgot to mention it. I've had them once. I did them in the oven and forgot them so thought they'd be really dry. Anyway, they were ok but probably wouldn't bother again. Like you say, they are expensive and I prefer the BGTY ones. Right, I'm off to cook some right now, funnily enough (BGTY)! :) xx

Haha ive just read phils had a good clearout!! :eek:Sorry upndown proves i just skim through sometimes. Hope he is better soon.

I much prefer the bgty sausages although the others werent bad if im stuck on syns so have them spare in the freezer strictly mummy bubbles only!!

Choko you are a great mum. Ive been helping my 12 year old tonight and she told me for someone who works with children im not very good at english!! Now bearing in mind i work with 3 year olds!! I wont bother next time!

Well done on all your garden body magic nanny D. Hopefully we get some weather to enjoy our gardens soon.

Well ive completed 2 fast days so we'll see if it makes any difference to scales this week.

Enjoy your evening ladies!

Morning all. & Bubble who is not very good at English hehe daughters eh? Can1t remember when your weigh day is but good luck.

Not much on today. Washing out in the sun, washed it last night, and this morning going to craft meet at the local library for a couple of hours at 10am. May have the washing in by then as they are forecasting rain here for later.
Early food for me today as weighing in tomorrow.

Hope Phil is better today then maybe you can have that time out that you missed Tuesday, was it Tuesday?

Back