NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Morning all. & Bubble who is not very good at English hehe daughters eh? Can1t remember when your weigh day is but good luck.

Not much on today. Washing out in the sun, washed it last night, and this morning going to craft meet at the local library for a couple of hours at 10am. May have the washing in by then as they are forecasting rain here for later.
Early food for me today as weighing in tomorrow.

Hope Phil is better today then maybe you can have that time out that you missed Tuesday, was it Tuesday?

Hi Doreen - Hope washing dries - bit dull here and expecting rain but forecast looks better for next week doesn't it! Hope you enjoy your craft session and have a really good pre WI day - you deserve to have a good loss after all your SW efforts plus the body magic!!!

Thx - Phil's been rough for 2 days - but fit as a fiddle this morning thanks!! I didn't get back on here as planned last night - Poppy was a bit clingy so stayed in bed with her and dropped off myself - been up with the sparrows this morning and feel chirpy!! Wonder if that's cos I was pretty much on plan yesterday - feel better all round - so motivated for today now! Why do I ever go off plan ;)xx

Haha ive just read phils had a good clearout!! :eek:Sorry upndown proves i just skim through sometimes. Hope he is better soon.

I much prefer the bgty sausages although the others werent bad if im stuck on syns so have them spare in the freezer strictly mummy bubbles only!!

Choko you are a great mum. Ive been helping my 12 year old tonight and she told me for someone who works with children im not very good at english!! Now bearing in mind i work with 3 year olds!! I wont bother next time!

Well done on all your garden body magic nanny D. Hopefully we get some weather to enjoy our gardens soon.

Well ive completed 2 fast days so we'll see if it makes any difference to scales this week.

Enjoy your evening ladies!

Cheeky daughter must take after her Mum ;) !! Yes handy to have stuff in freezer but round here somehow my grown up children seem to find my goodies and Phil's beer - and they're in their 30s - so nothing changes when they're so called 'grown up'!!

Great to have 2 fast days in the bag - I think you've done really well there and nice 'meeting' you here!

Yes let's keep everything crossed that you, Kathy and Doreen have good losses this week - I don't deserve one :( xx

Welcome Emmaline.

My food for today. It is 6.15pm and apart from a coffee that is it today. Weigh in tomorrow. Thursday 7th May

hexa milk hexb bread

B: 2 bacon, 2 eggs, tomatoes & 2 toast
L: bananas.2 apples egg mayo 2 bread. tomatos
D: chicken thighs, with mushroom sauce, roast spuds. & broccoli & cauli.
banana and Yogurt.

Mushroom sauce 1/4 pk - 3.5
EX LT Mayo - 1
2 bread - 5
low fat yogurt - 1.5

11 syns for the day

70/105

Good luck with your WI tomorrow, Doreen. As Linda says, you definitely deserve a loss this week, after being so well behaved and 'working out' in the garden! Fingers crossed for you anyway. That trip sounds absolutely brilliant, especially for £10! Hope the sun shines for you.

That made me laugh, Bubbles, about not being good at English. These daughters are so judgemental! My daughter, Amy, is 28 so can't even say the insults become less! Good job I know she's only joking (I think)! :D She tells me, because of all the proof reading I do of her Uni work, she'll make sure that, when the time comes, she'll put me in a GOOD nursing home!! There was I, thinking I'd brought her up correctly! :rolleyes: Do you work in a Nursery, Bubbles or is it a play-group? Love little ones. I started off my career in child-care with nursery age children, left to have my two, then started back in Infants and have been in Juniors for the last 20 years now. I have to say, I loved working in the day nursery though but not sure I'd be as good crawling around the floor anymore! :D

Glad to hear Phil's recovered, Linda. Made me laugh to hear how you'd nodded off with Poppy last night! :) When you say, you don't deserve a loss this week, I think you can be excused, as you did have extenuating circumstances, with all your family visiting! Don't be too hard on yourself. :D

Hi, Ann. Hope everything's good with you too and welcome to Emmaline. :) xx

Good luck with your WI tomorrow, Doreen. As Linda says, you definitely deserve a loss this week, after being so well behaved and 'working out' in the garden! Fingers crossed for you anyway. That trip sounds absolutely brilliant, especially for £10! Hope the sun shines for you.

That made me laugh, Bubbles, about not being good at English. These daughters are so judgemental! My daughter, Amy, is 28 so can't even say the insults become less! Good job I know she's only joking (I think)! :D She tells me, because of all the proof reading I do of her Uni work, she'll make sure that, when the time comes, she'll put me in a GOOD nursing home!! There was I, thinking I'd brought her up correctly! :rolleyes: Do you work in a Nursery, Bubbles or is it a play-group? Love little ones. I started off my career in child-care with nursery age children, left to have my two, then started back in Infants and have been in Juniors for the last 20 years now. I have to say, I loved working in the day nursery though but not sure I'd be as good crawling around the floor anymore! :D

Glad to hear Phil's recovered, Linda. Made me laugh to hear how you'd nodded off with Poppy last night! :) When you say, you don't deserve a loss this week, I think you can be excused, as you did have extenuating circumstances, with all your family visiting! Don't be too hard on yourself. :D

Hi, Ann. Hope everything's good with you too and welcome to Emmaline. :) xx

I agree with your post Kathy and thanks for your kind words about my food this week - I really do need to knuckle down tho'. Bet you're looking forward to the weekend - hope you have some nice plans even if that's putting your feet up!! xx

I lost 1lb. Am pleased of course. it has been suggested that I have all my syns, I was only about 10 short this week and it has also been suggested that I should eat more and my body will work better. I have taken a food diary from Consultant to fill in and hand in next week.

My food for today. It is 6.15pm and apart from a coffee that is it today. Weigh in tomorrow. Thursday 7th May

hexa milk hexb bread

B: 2 bacon, 2 eggs, tomatoes & 2 toast
L: bananas.2 apples egg mayo 2 bread. tomatos
D: chicken thighs, with mushroom sauce, roast spuds. & broccoli & cauli.
banana and Yogurt.

Mushroom sauce 1/4 pk - 3.5
EX LT Mayo - 1
2 bread - 5
low fat yogurt - 1.5

11 syns for the day

70/105

Great day Doreen - I need to come to your house for you to show me how it's done - I was ok until 5.00 yesterday then had fish, chips and choc :( xx

I lost 1lb. Am pleased of course. it has been suggested that I have all my syns, I was only about 10 short this week and it has also been suggested that I should eat more and my body will work better. I have taken a food diary from Consultant to fill in and hand in next week.

Well done on the loss - I thought you would have lost more but I try to remember that as Sheila/Texty F on Minis says - that a pound off equals 2 blocks of lard and we'd all love to lose that on some part of our body!!

I hope you're happy with that loss?? I know that sometimes I'm disappointed myself with a pound - but I've just worked out that 1lb a week over a year would be 3 stone 10!! I was surprised at that - esp as I joined Minis 15 months ago ;) Even half a pound a week is 1 stone 12!!

I think that your food was really good this week, varied and tasty - just the right amount too - not eating too much or little. Plus you did a lot of exercise this week - but as we know from our past records - the scales don't always repay us for our hard work on the weeks we've been good - but they can surprise us the following week. Is it water retention or our bodies taking time to adjust???? :rolleyes:

Of course it's you're choice what you do this week, but unless you were truly hungry last week, I'd go careful about eating more - I always remember hearing about a patient who told their doctor that they were strictly dieting but not losing weight - the doctor's reply was - "Well no-one came out of Belsen fat!".

Hope you don't think I'm becoming a bossy as well as cheeky!! Thanks for letting us know and enjoy the rest of your day xx

Thanks Linda. I think I ate enough this week. However there is a lady that goes to Monday evening class who did S&P for one week and lost 13lbs. YES 13LB. She puts her food on facebook, pictures that is, and she does not have small meals. I don`t know that I could do SP despite the fact that I am diabetic. Would miss carbs I reckon.
I was a little bit hungry this week, but I really don`t think you do feel hungry sometimes, don`t mean you have to keep eating.

I agree with you, I thought I would lose more. I don`t think it was water as I took a water pill Wednesday and my lower legs are nice and thin. (Unlike the rest of me) People often mention my legs if they see them. Who knows perhaps I need more than 1 per week..
Must admit I was a little unhappy but mostly because another 1/2lb and I would have been in the 15`s. However there is always next week, and I am pleased it was a pound and not half a pound.

I do think you are bossy and cheeky really, but I love it. :D

I may have said before, but there is a doctor who does gastric bypasses whose name is Sean Summers and his reasoning is that sometimes we are hungry. If we have 3 good meals a day we still may get a bit hungry in between. That means when dinner is ready you will be ready for it. We don`t really need to graze all day. We are not cattle.
I don`t know that I entirely agree but he does have a point.

Feeling peckish now so I am going for a walk to the library and take my books back.
Is that ok with you bossy??? :worthy::8855:

Enjoy the rest of the day. :bighug:

Delay that last comment about library. Was popping up and down stairs as was sorting a couple of drawers before I went out and suddenly had a hypo. Too much running up and down. I had a box of frozen berries - thawed of course - and a freddo. Sugar is coming back up now. Goodness it makes you so shaky. Glad I did not go out . Enjoyed the choc thouch

Last edited:
Todays food.

Friday 8th May

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 1/2 Melon
L: eggs,2 bacon, mushrooms 3 tomatoes 1 extra bread
S: HYPO 500g mixed berries & sweetener, freddo. 2 satsumas
D: 2 burgers, 300g spuds mashed. Processed peas. Lots of toms & mushrooms and 50ml mushroom sauce.

maybe 1/2 melon later

1 bread - 2.5
2 sains burgers - 2
50ml mushroom sauce - 3.5
Freddo 5

13 syns..............................13/15

Oh. Doreen! I'm so glad you didn't go out either! Glad you had the berries and chocolate and they seemed to do the trick. The fact that you enjoyed the chocolate is just an added bonus, of course. :) We had a little 7 year old boy, who had a hypo last week in school. He was pretty shaken up afterwards and had to go to hospital, just to be sure but it shook us up as well! Take it easy this evening.

I take it that, if you were going to walk to the library, your weather must be much better than ours, here is Staffordshire. It has bucketed down all afternoon and is showing no signs of stopping. :(

Glad you lost the pound, even if you're a little disappointed with the amount. At least it's a pound off, not on but I also know what you mean. 13lbs for that lady!!!! Wow! Surely, she must have been extremely heavy to lose that amount in one go though. Don't think I could stick to SP. The reason I like SW so much is that it's just really normal meals, with a few tweaks here and there. Pete said, last week, when I presented him with a Sunday lunch of brisket, roast potatoes, (he had mash too), loads of fresh veg, Yorkshires and gravy, 'I can't believe this is how you lose weight. It doesn't even look like a diet!' :) Must admit, after a STS last Sunday, I'll be really fed up if I've lost nothing this week. I hate it when there's no reason behind it too. Oh, well, we carry on. :)

Linda, I think I'll be in the same position as you, once the Aussie's have gone back on 17th August. They will have been with us for nearly a fortnight so it'll be a fortnight of eating lots of un-SW friendly meals. I think, like you, I'll find it really difficult to get back on plan! :sigh: At least you started the day off well so, one of these days (and I'm sure it'll be tomorrow) you'll manage the whole day, and then the next, and then the next and, before you know it, you'll be back on plan again. Voila! :)

Hi Bubbles, Ann and Binky Bonk. :) Have a lovely evening, all. xx

Hi all. The weather here has been pretty good today. A couple of showers and lots of chilly sun.

Poor little lad having to cope with diabetes and to have a hypo too. It makes you feel so shaky and weak. Have his parents given you any instructions to help him along when it happens. I would imagine he is on insulin being so young. I had the berries and choc because they are tastier than having to eat sugar. A can of coke is the best thing, liquid works so quickly. Maybe I should get some and leave them in my box outside so I don`t drink them, Never thought of it before.
I have taken it easy, but not because of the hypo but because I am tired. Was up at 5am.

We had a long talk on SP this morning at class and I now know it is not for me. Not enough carbs. Carly the 13lb lady is about a similar weight to myself.

Glad Pete is enjoying his sw meals. Mind you, being your recipes how could he not. We can eat a fair bit though can`t we.

Anyway, goodnight all. I am going to bed. Speak to you all in the morning.

You're probably already in bed, Doreen so hope you sleep well. No getting up at 5am tomorrow either! :)

Yes, the little boy is on insulin and we also have a glucose gel to rub into his gums, if it's really bad. He also has sweet biscuits and Jelly Tots, just as top ups during the day.

Well, I'm off to bed too soon so I'll say 'goodnight ladies'. xx

Bless his cotton socks. So hard for them. I hope his parents help him as he gets older to control his diabetes himself. He is a little young yet. It is good you have the ability to help him in school.

My nephew Simon`s wife Anna has had diabetes since a young child and when they first got married she was having problems all the time. Our Simon had to put sugar stuff in her mouth during the night very often until she had more idea what to do herself. Simon read up on it. Anna was totally dependent on her mother as to what to do and never learnt for herself. She was in her twenties when she got married. It is a very fickle auto-immune disease. (had trouble spelling disease teacher) :)

I have been out and had a shortish walk today to the local post office. It was a lot easier this time, didn`t affect my back at all. I must have loosened up now since my week of sitting around. It is very windy here today and my silly neighbour is on the roof taking down the old dish for the TV. I do hope he is ok. Too scary to watch.

I may take a walk down to the local cafe later. To late to go to the library with those books I didn`t take back
yesterday. They shut at 12 and I don`t want to go in the car :p.

Anyway I hope you all have a nice day and hope the weather is kind to you. Good planning

Thanks Linda. I think I ate enough this week. However there is a lady that goes to Monday evening class who did S&P for one week and lost 13lbs. YES 13LB. She puts her food on facebook, pictures that is, and she does not have small meals. I don`t know that I could do SP despite the fact that I am diabetic. Would miss carbs I reckon.
I was a little bit hungry this week, but I really don`t think you do feel hungry sometimes, don`t mean you have to keep eating.

I agree with you, I thought I would lose more. I don`t think it was water as I took a water pill Wednesday and my lower legs are nice and thin. (Unlike the rest of me) People often mention my legs if they see them. Who knows perhaps I need more than 1 per week..
Must admit I was a little unhappy but mostly because another 1/2lb and I would have been in the 15`s. However there is always next week, and I am pleased it was a pound and not half a pound.

I do think you are bossy and cheeky really, but I love it. :D

I may have said before, but there is a doctor who does gastric bypasses whose name is Sean Summers and his reasoning is that sometimes we are hungry. If we have 3 good meals a day we still may get a bit hungry in between. That means when dinner is ready you will be ready for it. We don`t really need to graze all day. We are not cattle.
I don`t know that I entirely agree but he does have a point.

Feeling peckish now so I am going for a walk to the library and take my books back.
Is that ok with you bossy??? :worthy::8855:

Enjoy the rest of the day. :bighug:

Delay that last comment about library. Was popping up and down stairs as was sorting a couple of drawers before I went out and suddenly had a hypo. Too much running up and down. I had a box of frozen berries - thawed of course - and a freddo. Sugar is coming back up now. Goodness it makes you so shaky. Glad I did not go out . Enjoyed the choc thouch

Oh sorry to hear about your hypo Doreen - that must be very unpleasant but you seem to take it in your stride and know exactly what to do - well done I say on handling it so well.

I didn't realise that you were so close to the 15s - a real achievement and surely you'll be there this week - and you may lose what we think you shd have lost this week as well (if you get my meaning?)

Interesting what Doc Summers said - in fact really when I think about it - we shd be a bit hungry before each meal - but most times - cos I regularly eat between meals - I'm not hungry but still clear my plate!! Plus everything I eat has to be a treat - unlike Phil or other ppl I eat with - will often eat whatever's on offer even if they're not fussed about that type of food - whereas I'd find that a waste of syns/calories/time!

Wow to the SP lady losing almost a stone but like you I don't think I cd do that - esp at the moment when I'm really struggling to stick to the plan - I asked Phil to help me from Monday to stay on plan - he has a few pounds to lose too. So here's hoping I will do that, I'm certainly not on plan today and Phil has bought me a box of Lindor choc balls to cheer me up - so I'll be well over my syns :) for the choc but :( for the diet!! xx

Back