NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

EDIT
L. Coffee, banana, grapes
D. As above but 4syns for gravy
Later pkt rice egg fried 2syns
Mullerlight
Cider. 8 syns
Total. 14 syns

Missed this yesterday! A good and tasty day!

Went to town to bank then went to visit older brother Richard.
We had such a long chin wag about days gone by. He is such good company.
He is doing well since the death of his wife, I am so proud of him.

We had lunch together, he had scrambled eggs and kippers ugh!
I had ham sarni. Then I tasted his kipper, it was lovely. I will be buying some.
We both resisted the biscuits that have been in the cupboard for some time. Good eh?

So plan for Saturday.

B. Coffee Hea
L. Ham, 2 slices of wholemeal bread, heb + 6 syns
D. Burgers 2 syns. Peppers, mushrooms, baby toms, SW chips.

6 syns so far so I could have my breakfast later. Scan bran cake 5 syns

So maybe 11 syns

Oh - missed this one too???

Ah well done to your brother - I like kippers but never think to buy them - fancy one right now - my Mum used to serve them with butter oooh! A tasty on plan day again - I can feel your gain melting away ;)

I went to see my brother Albert today. He is going to stay with his other son for a couple of weeks while the one he is with goes on holiday.
He said he is very nervous about going there. Lovely people but so difficult to be in somebody's house for two weeks.

I stayed for a couple of hours, hard work as always. I was supposed to go into the main house and see his Dil. I felt so drained I came home and had a couple of hours sleep. I will need to ring his Dil later.

Will be somewhat further next week to the other sons house. He does need visitors though.

At the end of the month I will be going to Haverhill to dog sit for the weekend. At least now I can visit Davina's Mum and sister up there now. Not so much time on my own to eat. 😉 .

Food for today Sunday

B. Coffees hea
L. 4 eggs scrambled with mushrooms and tomatoes.
D. Chicken drumsticks. Gonna cook a bit of cauli & broccoli to have with boiled rice.

Maybe a can of cider. 8 syns.
Hope the rest of your day is ok Linda xx

Last edited:
That's a very light and tasty day there young lady :classic_big_grin:

Pity you've got a longer journey to see your brother esp with your knee - how are you feeling today? But it's good you'll have company when you go to Haverhill.

Been sowing more seeds today and doing boring paperwork - where does it all come from? I've tried some new things this year - sowed some aspaargus seed but they take 3 years before you can eat them :classic_err_what: they're expensive in the shops aren't they? My DiL lived in Australia for a while and said asparagus grows like weeds and people don't both much with them - funny isn't it?

Brunch: bacon, mushrooms and 2 egg omelette, brown sauce 2 syns? Satsuma
Snacks: HEB 30g cheese, 2 Hifi bars - HEB I love the salted caramel flavour - weird I have any left from last Tues class! Low cal drink choc 2 syns, low calorie butterscotch sweets 4.5 syns
D: Chicken, stuffing 1.5 syns, carrots, broccoli, onion
Syns: 10 - enjoyed each one!

It was a light day you are right and I didn't have any cider. But, that is no syns and I should have some.
Pay day Monday so maybe I will have a bacon sarni or something else for lunch at the café.
I mixed the toms in the scrambled egg while it was cooking. Really nice.

It will be nice to have company at Haverhill. Perhaps the 3 of us could go out for lunch. If I am there during the week and can keep food low may go to the pie and mash shop. Ooooh wouldn't it be loverly. 😉.

Feel much better after a sleep. Need to go to bed now I think.
Have a good night. X

Been sowing more seeds today and doing boring paperwork - where does it all come from? I've tried some new things this year - sowed some aspaargus seed but they take 3 years before you can eat them :classic_err_what: they're expensive in the shops aren't they? My DiL lived in Australia for a while and said asparagus grows like weeds and people don't both much with them - funny isn't it?

Brunch: bacon, mushrooms and 2 egg omelette, brown sauce 2 syns? Satsuma
Snacks: HEB 30g cheese, 2 Hifi bars - HEB I love the salted caramel flavour - weird I have any left from last Tues class! Low cal drink choc 2 syns, low calorie butterscotch sweets 4.5 syns
D: Chicken, stuffing 1.5 syns, carrots, broccoli, onion
Syns: 10 - enjoyed each one!

Sounds lovely Linda , I do like stuffing.
You are good to see seeds. The nearest I get to that is buying bedding plants for a bit of colour..
Strange folk Aussies? No not really, but how could they leave asparagus.
The only thing I ever grew was corgettes. My ex used to grow runner beans. They were lovely.

Yes odd to think asparagus is a luxury here and it apparently grows on the roadsides etc in Oz!

I think I'm a bit weird when it comes to gardening - I get a kick out of growing stuff from seeds - never sure if all the things I've sown will produce edible stuff but this year I've sown 3 types of beans, cabbage, parsnips, 4 types of broccoli, cauli, carrots, celeriac, sweetcorn, kale, spinach, onions, leeks, salad leaves, spring onions, lots of herbs, cress & just a few flowers to brighten things up! Better stop there before I bore you (if I haven't already :classic_frown: )

I have a slug issue. The buggers love anything I manage to grow. Although I do enjoy doing potatoes with the boy, and my tomatoes usually get left alone. I was very sad they ate the aubergine I had managed to coax. Oh, we did broad beans once too. My son ate the straight from the plant so I didn't get a look in. Slugs and kids!

Looks like you both are doing really well. I love haverhill I've only been once but it was so beautiful. It was to a friend's parents house were we had a party for the weekend - with their consent! It was in an old mill and the river ran through it still! So cool!

You're so good for visiting your brothers Doreen. I hope they appreciate you 🙂 how is the knee doing?

How are you feeling today Doreen?

Well another sunny day - I planned my day's food but Phil suggested going out for lunch at the local pub - it has lovely gardens and a tasty menu plus they're v happy to change things to SW way! Also a shortish walk!

Back to sowing - lots of herbs- my dil/son like to have them plus friends/neighbours - and a few easy/quick growing flowers.

Brunch: 2 egg omelette, 2 rashers lean bacon & and an orange, diet coke and coffee part HEA
Main meal: steak burger (no bun/chips or coleslaw - they gave me an interesting salad - the waitress said she's never seen such a big salad! Phil had the full monty!!

If I need more I'll make a tomato and basil soup but feel really full now

I found it hard to say no to pud -the make everything from scratch inc the bread but really want at least a 2lb loss this week - is that too much to ask for :classic_roll_eyes: fingers crossed anyway.

Last edited:
I have a slug issue. The buggers love anything I manage to grow. Although I do enjoy doing potatoes with the boy, and my tomatoes usually get left alone. I was very sad they ate the aubergine I had managed to coax. Oh, we did broad beans once too. My son ate the straight from the plant so I didn't get a look in. Slugs and kids!

Looks like you both are doing really well. I love haverhill I've only been once but it was so beautiful. It was to a friend's parents house were we had a party for the weekend - with their consent! It was in an old mill and the river ran through it still! So cool!

You're so good for visiting your brothers Doreen. I hope they appreciate you 🙂 how is the knee doing?

Home grown veggies taste good don't they (when you get a chance to eat them!) interesting for your son too although it's a long wait for some crops

I find finely crushed eggshells put the slugs off - if you fancy trying that ask your family/friends & neighbours to save them for you! I don't like using chemicals and esp with your son you may not like using slug pellets but I use them as a last resort - if the eggshells don't do the trick. I don't mind sharing some veg but slugs have decimated my veggies in the past - so none left for us :classic_confused:

I hide the pellets to keep my young grandchildren safe - in my ignorance I used to sprinkle loads of them near the affected plants but I've now learnt that I only need 1 pellet for small plants and 2 or 3 for larger ones.

Not much to report today. Tidied kitchen. It hardly hurt my arm do pretty back to normal except the lump on my knee.

Went to the café for coffee and a chat. Did a couple of hours puzzle in library.

B. Eggs and beans. Coffee
L. 3 bananas
D. Chicken, basmati rice 1.1/2 syns. Lots of onions and tomatoes.
Probably s Muller later.

Of course 1/2 can cider. 5 syns

6.1/2 syns for the day.

Hope you all have had a good dayxx

Last edited:
Glad you're improving Doreen and your arm's much better - is your knee improving too? I do hope so.

You say not much to report - your day sounds pretty varied to me esp with your knee!

Another brilliant SW day too - don't know how you can only drink half a cider - amazing willpower! Reckon you're on track for a good loss on Friday!

Last edited:
How are you today Doreen?

I lost 1.5lbs today - had hoped for more after my strict week but better than an sts or gain!

Brunch treat!: bacon & cheese sarnie HEA +??, ff yog, lemon bun from a lovely bakery ??syns
Snack: banana
D: SW lasagne, SW chips, SW flapjacks ?? syns
Drinks: coffee with ss milk drinking choc with almond milk - you get lots for an HEA - I need to measure and use the HEA for a few days' worth or an HEA might do for a whole week :)

Our son and his wife popped in today - it gave Phil a lift. More gardening then that's it for me for the I think! xx

Last edited:
I am good today Linda. As usual went to café and did some seeing. Afterwards , believe it or not 😉 I put car on drive after cafe and walked, yes walked to the library. Not far but at least I walked. Just a bit of back ache walking back.

Glad you lost this week, not enough I know but as you say a loss. Good for you.

I started cleaning the bathroom earlier but stopped. It was hurting my arm do didn't want to push it. Not that bathroom is dirty , just thought a good idea at the time.

Food today Tuesday.

B. Scan bran cake. Coffee
L. Had a pkt rice 2 syns, put some onion in it.
D. 5% mince. Onion. Tom puree, Oxo cubes. With cauli and cabbage.
Frozen berries and 0% yogurt later.

Will have the other half of cider too. 4.1/2 syns

6.1/2 syns for the day.

Weighed myself first thing but no change from Friday. Shame, more walking needed.

Have a good evening.

Ooh, did you change your stats? We can see them now. 🙄

Thanks Mary!

I am good today Linda. As usual went to café and did some seeing. Afterwards , believe it or not 😉 I put car on drive after cafe and walked, yes walked to the library. Not far but at least I walked. Just a bit of back ache walking back.

Glad you lost this week, not enough I know but as you say a loss. Good for you.

I started cleaning the bathroom earlier but stopped. It was hurting my arm do didn't want to push it. Not that bathroom is dirty , just thought a good idea at the time.

Food today Tuesday.

B. Scan bran cake. Coffee
L. Had a pkt rice 2 syns, put some onion in it.
D. 5% mince. Onion. Tom puree, Oxo cubes. With cauli and cabbage.
Frozen berries and 0% yogurt later.

Will have the other half of cider too. 4.1/2 syns

6.1/2 syns for the day.

Weighed myself first thing but no change from Friday. Shame, more walking needed.

Have a good evening.

Ooh, did you change your stats? We can see them now. 🙄

The cafe sounds like a welcoming & friendly place - you do well not to have the goodies they probably have there too! Glad you were able to walk - a good sign that you're healing but don't overdo it ;)

A low food day again - well done - why is the rice 2 syns I wonder? I thought it was free?

You've still got 2 full days to go before WI :)

Those stats must be old ones - I'll see if I can remember how to change it in a minute - wish they were up to date - I weighed in 10st 10.5 at class today - so 6.5lb to get to the top of my target range.

Last edited:
Back