NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Sounds like a nice day Doreen

Upndown 1.5lb loss is wonderful! Please don't be disheartened!

Thanks - not disheartened - just greedy for bigger losses!

Sounds lovely Linda , I do like stuffing.
You are good to see seeds. The nearest I get to that is buying bedding plants for a bit of colour..
Strange folk Aussies? No not really, but how could they leave asparagus.
The only thing I ever grew was corgettes. My ex used to grow runner beans. They were lovely.

I missed this post somehow - it's been an strange week - MiL's on my mind all the time and I get jumpy when the phone rings.

I get a real kick out of sowing seeds (sad me!) Nothing wrong with bedding plants - as you say they brighten up the garden over the summer.

Oops I meant Aussies seem strange to treat asparagus as weeds! I need to make myself clearer :)

I've sown courgettes for the first time this year - for Poppy - she loves them since she's gone vegan ;) The gardening websites say they're easy to grow and you only need 2 plants for a family - cos they can produce 3 or 4 a week - we'll see eh? I'm not keen on them but I could eat runner beans all day long - raw or cooked.

Last edited:
It was a light day you are right and I didn't have any cider. But, that is no syns and I should have some.
Pay day Monday so maybe I will have a bacon sarni or something else for lunch at the café.
I mixed the toms in the scrambled egg while it was cooking. Really nice.

It will be nice to have company at Haverhill. Perhaps the 3 of us could go out for lunch. If I am there during the week and can keep food low may go to the pie and mash shop. Ooooh wouldn't it be loverly. 😉.

Feel much better after a sleep. Need to go to bed now I think.
Have a good night. X

Missed this post too - am I losing my marbles??? I love bacon sarnies - my favourite snack esp with melted cheese :classic_roll_eyes: Ooh a meat pie - love them too - an idea for my WI day next week. Yes it'll be good to meet up with Davina (and is it her sister too?) Glad sleep helps - it's like medication isn't it?

Last edited:
We love courgettes. Happily the school garden is in the field that connects to my garden. We get free reign over the summer - we're actually encouraged to help ourselves. So courgettes and strawberries agogo usually!

Today they gave me some raspberry plants in a pot - that I need to repot, I'm not planting them in the ground!!!!

Glad you're not disheartened. It's hard to not want big losses, especially when you've been really good.

Ooh that's handy to have access to the school veggies - are you expected to tend/water them too? Good about the rasps too - easy to look after and I love them and they're quite expensive in the shops aren't they?

I done courgettes 2016 and had 4 plants. Oh my once they start growing there is no stopping them. I was having them at every meal.

Not doing any veg this year as I'm letting the bit of garden I've got left go sort of wild. I'm a lazy gardener.:)

I done courgettes 2016 and had 4 plants. Oh my once they start growing there is no stopping them. I was having them at every meal.

Not doing any veg this year as I'm letting the bit of garden I've got left go sort of wild. I'm a lazy gardener.:)

Wow you must have done everything right with your courgettes - I'm not keen on them - I read that the texture changes if they're frozen/defrosted - so if I have too many I could freeze them then try making a soup or just give them away.

Woke up feeling really tired this morning after a good night's sleep - so think I have the bug Phil had a few days ago - thankfully it didn't last long - might go back to bed in a bit.

I don't feel hungry yet but here's the plan for the day:

Brunch: some kind of omelette with a big salad, 1 syn Asda low cal vinaigrette
D: lasagne with salad
Snacks: hifi bar part HEB, 1 syn Asda low cal vinaigrette, banana
Usual drinks

Will probably have a piece of fruit/ff yog and maybe more if I'm hungry.

Last edited:
Thanks for that - this is a daft question but does courgette cake taste courgetty (in the way that carrot cake doesn't taste of the little orange sticks!)

No it doesn't taste courgettey. I made courgette, lemon and verbena jam one year 😋 courgette cake is great with a lime cream cheese frosting... I like food too much. How are you feeling now upndown?

I see you have done your stats Sounds. I like having t here as a constant reminder.. 🙄
The rice was 2 syns as it was a microwavable pkt.
I am coming along nicely. Arm a bit painful today, think I was laying on it last night. A couple of pain killers soon sorted that out.

I do try not to look at the cakes when at the café. From the start I always said I would not eat there. If I do ask for something Mia always asks if I am sure.

I am supposed to wear a dress and leggings tomorrow. Request from the girls. Will try in the morning and see what I think.
I liked it at my sister's when trying it on but did not make sure I can be comfortable when sitting.

Food for Wednesday

B. 4 eggs scrambled with tomatoes.
L. 5 scan bran with bananas spread on them with a Muller.
S. 6 small fresh apricots
D. 2 burgers 2syns. 1/2 tin pots cut in half and roasted
Big red pepper and tomatoes. Tom sauce 2 syns. mayo 1 syn

5 syns up to now. Might get a cider and probably have some berries and yogurt. Feel quite satisfied at present.

Must have an earlier night tonight. Something before midnight.

Weather not so good today. No sun and somewhat windy.

Hope you all have had a good day

I missed this post somehow - it's been an strange week - MiL's on my mind all the time and I get jumpy when the phone rings.

I get a real kick out of sowing seeds (sad me!) Nothing wrong with bedding plants - as you say they brighten up the garden over the summer.

Oops I meant Aussies seem strange to treat asparagus as weeds! I need to make myself clearer :)

I've sown courgettes for the first time this year - for Poppy - she loves them since she's gone vegan ;) The gardening websites say they're easy to grow and you only need 2 plants for a family - cos they can produce 3 or 4 a week - we'll see eh? I'm not keen on them but I could eat runner beans all day long - raw or cooked.

I did know what you meant Linda. Some Aussies I have met are strange. Maybe because they were in New Zealand.

I see you have done your stats Sounds. I like having t here as a constant reminder.. 🙄
The rice was 2 syns as it was a microwavable pkt.
I am coming along nicely. Arm a bit painful today, think I was laying on it last night. A couple of pain killers soon sorted that out.

I do try not to look at the cakes when at the café. From the start I always said I would not eat there. If I do ask for something Mia always asks if I am sure.

I am supposed to wear a dress and leggings tomorrow. Request from the girls. Will try in the morning and see what I think.
I liked it at my sister's when trying it on but did not make sure I can be comfortable when sitting.

Food for Wednesday

B. 4 eggs scrambled with tomatoes.
L. 5 scan bran with bananas spread on them with a Muller.
S. 6 small fresh apricots
D. 2 burgers 2syns. 1/2 tin pots cut in half and roasted
Big red pepper and tomatoes. Tom sauce 2 syns. mayo 1 syn

5 syns up to now. Might get a cider and probably have some berries and yogurt. Feel quite satisfied at present.

Must have an earlier night tonight. Something before midnight.

Weather not so good today. No sun and somewhat windy.

Hope you all have had a good day

Tasty day's food there Doreen!

I hope you modelled your dress/leggings outfit at the cafe - I think we get used to wearing what we're comfortable in - I've only just got back into wearing jeans/trousers - I used to feel self conscious but live in them again now!

Yes get your early nights in - think it helps us to recover.

Weather's brighter here today - hope it is with you.

A lovely sunny day with a little windy. I didn't model the dress as my Albert wanted me to visit. Then it changed for Richard to go so didn't bother with the dress. I am visiting Albert tomorrow. He is feeling a little down at the moment.

Weigh day tomorrow.

Food for Thursday.

B. 2 bananas.
D. 2, burgers. 2 syns,. Ketchup 2 syns. Tinned spuds, peppers, tomatoes all done in oven
L. May do a scan bran cake later.

Maybe 1/2 can cider. 4 syns.

The most will be 8 syns or 12 if I have the whole can

Sorry to read about Albert - I expect it is difficult for him - glad he has you and Richard to visit.

An excellent pre WI day there Doreen - here's hoping the scales make you smile :)

A nice day here but not done much as I don't have a lot of energy - ooh but I did take the top off the ironing pile - the rest will have to wait! Phil does his own trousers cos I make a pig's ear of the creases!

Brunch: bacon, mushroom omelette with quite a big salad Asda Vinegraitte dressing 1 syn
D: SW lasagne, an even bigger salad - dressing 1 syn
Snack: cereal bar 4.5 syns, 2 apples
Drinks: fruit teas, 2 low cal drink chocs 4 syns + 1 syn almond milk
Syns: 10.5 - don't they add up quickly!

Thank you - ooh will we be having photos or even a mini fashion parade on your thread?

Back