NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Off to the cinema with hubby tonight to see Pride - love Bill Nighy! So posting my brunch and plan for the rest if the day in case I don't get a chance later! If u don't know the film - it's about the coal miners' strike in 1984 when Gay ppl offered a donation to the Miners' Union which they got all embarrassed about - so a group from the Gay community decided to donate directly to Welsh miners - they went on to form lifelong friendships and links!

I love our small Victorian theatre in town esp since it's had a refurb - cosy, cheaper and just a few sweets and ice cream no popcorn etc tho' it has a bar - less choice of films and they show them later than main cinemas. Much nicer I think than the multiplex nearby - such an expensive outing when u count in the sweets, popcorn, ice cream etc esp when ur taking the children!!

Hope u've had a good day - here's my challenge food:

Brunch: minestrone - doctored from yest minestrone soup, Cloudy's lovely oaty biccies (well worth just a HEB! They're on her thread if u fancy them) and fruit salad
T: quorn casserole from yest base mix
Syns: chilli Doritos - 7.5 for the cinema, 1.5 low fat sausage = 9

Edited forgot the Syns for sausage only had 1 low fat pork one today so just 1.5 Syns

Last edited:
Gonna post my food now as will probably be busy later.

Tuesday 14th October

Hexa milk. hexb toast

B: eggs bacon & baked beans, toast

L: Turkey Stew & broccoli.
Plums

D: M&S Lasagne (5syns) with runner beans
Plums & pineapple.

If I stick to this 5 syns for the day.

Snap Doreen - I've done the same (posting early that is!) nice food again and on plan yay! Why do we ever go off plan when we can have nice stuff and we feel so good afterwards?!

Here it is, I caught it. :bighug:

Have just been out and bought a towelling thingy for Flynn. I always get them something on each others birthdays. I got the thingy cause that is what mum suggested. When I got back she said or maybe the helicoptor in Argos. Grrrr Silly lady is so stressed with life she changes her mind every hour or so. He can have the helicoptor towards his birthday next month. Will have a word with Flynn over the next couple of days. ;)

You know I do feel a lot better I just hope DIL don`t have too much stress when I get there tomorrow. I know, I will take the dog out. Good idea Dor.

Seriously she does have a lot going on in her life and she is still off work. A couple of things have changed in relation to birthday friends and she does not cope very well when things don`t work out as she wants.. Just like her mum - unfortunately.
It is surprising really as she is a police officer and deals with all sorts at work.

Good job I love her eh?

Glad my hug arrived so quickly! Yes I buy the other ones a small pressie when it's another's b'day too! Hope ur DiL is fine when u get there - just count to 10 or maybe a 100 if it gets tricky! Enjoy ur trip xx

Wow! A Victorian theatre, upndown! Lucky you! So much more character than these modern ones and, as you say, cosier too. Enjoy your evening out. :)

Kathy

Doreen! So glad you sound much more chirpy than recently. Hope you have a lovely time with your family and really glad the children have coped well with their school moves. Flynn's teacher sounds very perceptive and understanding. :)

Take care.

Kathy xx

Doreen! So glad you sound much more chirpy than recently. Hope you have a lovely time with your family and really glad the children have coped well with their school moves. Flynn's teacher sounds very perceptive and understanding. :)

Take care.

Kathy xx

Thanks Kathy. I was impressed with the teacher too. It was just what Flynn would have needed. They had another good day today. Seems it was a good move.

I remember all that with the miners. Should be a good film. Hope you enjoy it, Food looking good again too.
I will take your advise Upndown and count to 100 if I feel the need. :)

I wanted to go to the chippy tonight but resisted the temptation. I had a couple of sausages that were already cooked with some toms. So 2 syns to add to today. Pretty good eh?

Sorry I've been busy all afternoon and evening, had unexpected visitors and then had to pop to Tesco late evening, after hubby got home. Glad you're feeling better Doreen and you have done very well on food today. I'm impressed you resisted the chippy! :happy096:

Linda, hope the film was good, I'd not heard of it but reckon its the kind of thing I'd enjoy. I really like Bill Nighy too! I heard the other day that they're making a film version of Dad's Army and Bill Nighy will be playing Sargeant Wilson. I can't recall the other actors but wonder if they'll pull it off. I still chuckle at re-runs of Dad's Army, great series.
Will catch up with tomorrow xx

I remember all that with the miners. Should be a good film. Hope you enjoy it, Food looking good again too.
I will take your advise Upndown and count to 100 if I feel the need. :)

I wanted to go to the chippy tonight but resisted the temptation. I had a couple of sausages that were already cooked with some toms. So 2 syns to add to today. Pretty good eh?

film was brilliant - lots of laugh out loud moments as well as colourful language at times!

very good I'd say - in fact I'll change that to excellent!! The call to the chippy is v hard to resist Doreen! So u deserve a pat on the back - hope ur journey goes well and u have fun with the children. Xx

Sorry I've been busy all afternoon and evening, had unexpected visitors and then had to pop to Tesco late evening, after hubby got home. Glad you're feeling better Doreen and you have done very well on food today. I'm impressed you resisted the chippy! :happy096:

Linda, hope the film was good, I'd not heard of it but reckon its the kind of thing I'd enjoy. I really like Bill Nighy too! I heard the other day that they're making a film version of Dad's Army and Bill Nighy will be playing Sargeant Wilson. I can't recall the other actors but wonder if they'll pull it off. I still chuckle at re-runs of Dad's Army, great series.
Will catch up with tomorrow xx

We did enjoy it and plan to go to see Bill in Dad's Army too!

Wow! A Victorian theatre, upndown! Lucky you! So much more character than these modern ones and, as you say, cosier too. Enjoy your evening out. :)

Kathy

Thank u - yes we had a lovely evening. Hope u enjoyed urs are u were on plan?

Hello - eerily quiet here - everyone's busy I guess - hope you're all well and happy - know Doreen will be away now and busy with the family - here's how my food went today, u'll see I've been snacking all day but on free stuff hope that won't affect my weight:

Green day
Brunch: veg soup, fruit salad and ff yog
T: quorn burger 0.5, oven chips 5.5, side salad, beans, SW muffin 3.5 and summer berries and ff yog
Snacks: raisins HEB, banana and pear
Total syns:9.5

Evening Linda.... I've been slowly catching up on diaries in between half watching a programme with my daughter. Hubby is asleep on the sofa lol, i have to prod him back upright every now and then. :rolleyes:

Good food again for you, yes you had some snacks but within your limits, so that's all good, it shouldn't affect your weight. I find if I go too low on syns and miss my Hex As and Bs my losses tend to get less, so reckon you are doing right by snacking when your body needs it.
Don't forget to keep guzzling too :7834: xx

Evening Linda.... I've been slowly catching up on diaries in between half watching a programme with my daughter. Hubby is asleep on the sofa lol, i have to prod him back upright every now and then. :rolleyes:

Good food again for you, yes you had some snacks but within your limits, so that's all good, it shouldn't affect your weight. I find if I go too low on syns and miss my Hex As and Bs my losses tend to get less, so reckon you are doing right by snacking when your body needs it.
Don't forget to keep guzzling too :7834: xx

Not sure if it's my mind or body wanting the snacks tho! Yes drinking the fluids - seem to more time in loos than anywhere else when I'm on Kay's challenges - poor thing - hope the iron tablets do their work soon. xx

Just a quickie. Had good time with Faye for her birthday. I have eaten crisps & Pizza. Getting weighed in the morning. Let you know how it goes.

Just a quickie. Had good time with Faye for her birthday. I have eaten crisps & Pizza. Getting weighed in the morning. Let you know how it goes.

Oooh green with envy! Glad you're having a good time - will look out for your WI news xx

Oooh Doreen - missing you - the thread's quiet without you're contributions to amuse us!!

Here's my Green Day 4 on the soup challenge:

Brunch - fruit salad, minestrone soup, choc 5 syns
Tea: veg casserole
Snacks: melon, orange, 2 apples, more choc 5 syns
Syns: 10
part HEA ss milk, HEB raisins

Back