NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Morning Mandy. I was wrapping most of the time using a big roll of bubblewrap. It was very relaxing and felt good for my finger as most of the time I forgot about it.

Still did the exercises :) but that hurt more.

Not too much to do today a little wrapping then clean the kitchen which won`t need much as my brother has a cleaner who keeps on top of the cupboards. (NO he don`t keep her up there she comes once a week)
Well I thought it was funny.

Hope you doing ok this week, I know I have put on :( but got till tomorrow. Must have early night and not eat so late, I am sure it makes a difference. Anyway weigh in not til 10.15.
Let you know.

Have a good day.

I did too much Mandy. We had all done by 1.30ish. Then had to take some pictures to brothers friend.
I am absolutely knackered. Quick dinner no peeling etc. Cup of coffee then settle in the chair.
Hope I don`t fall asleep then I can have an early night.

Bed 8pm last night but woke at 6am.

Glad I could help my nephew and his mate to move brother`s stuff. I do like to help where I can. He is so big he can hardly move and is therefore moving in with his son.

"coffee here I come"

Hi Mandy. Tried him ages ago. Gave him sw books and he did lose a couple of stone. He just felt so embarressed and could not face going to a club each week. This was probrbly 10 stoneago. I have tried to help to no avail.
However he has conjestive heart failure which is a condition that build up lots and lots of fluid. It has got so bad that he can barely walk. He has just received a letter from London Heart Hospital and is going to have a procedure that will take a lot of the water from his body. Going in through the neck. I am worried about it as we all are, but Albert says he has no choice as he cannot carry on existing as he is.

He realises now that if he had stuck to one of the different `diets` he has been on he would not be like this. Of course all I can say is `there but the grace of god go I`.............. I chose to keep to club for 3yrs 9mnths to lose 2st9lb. Lots of weeks where I put on lots, lost lots, put on more and sts for so long.

Unfortunately I could not do it for my brother he had to do it himself. I really have done lots of things to try help him. Far to many to put down here and blowmy own trumpet. But it makes me angry all the different reasons/excuses he made so as not to do it.

I know we all make excuses or have valid reasons to go off the rails but if I could help only one person by telling his story I would. It is so scary, he goes in Monday and may not come out. Don`t say you are sure he will be fine he might not but we are all hoping he will come home next week with less water so therefore less weight which may help.

He moved in with his son yesterday so they can help him foodwise. They don`t have the room and have just had planning permission refused. Who knows what is next.

Anyway, my diary on the next page

Last edited:
Saturday 31st August.

Got weighed today & puton 1.1/2lbs. Expected cause ate a great big pack of cheese my brother insisted I take home (the other one gave tomy neighbour) and a small number ofextra syns during the week. Cross!

Brunch
2 sausages . 2 eggs
3 trimmed bacon. 2 toms grilled
mushrooms.
3 slices of wm bread.

Rest later. Gonna lie down am sooo tired

Banana while cooking

Dinner
pork chop
roast little spuds. bns. onion. toms.
Brocolli
Banana & Mullerlight

9pm couple bananas & nectarines

probably choc drink later

hexa milk
hexb 2 wm bread

SYNS 10.1/2

2 sausages - 1
1 wm bread - 2.5
Choc drink - 2
Freddo - 5

Last edited:
Hi Doreen, am so sorry to hear about Albert, and as much as I can give you comforting words obviously you are all facing the truth which is not a bad way of looking at it but I sometimes ppl have to get right to the bottom of the ladder before they start to climb back up again my thoughts are with you all how hard that must be for you all so don't get cross with your gain this week just try as much as possible to stay on track but don't beat yourself up you all have so much to deal with love and thoughts to you all Xx

Lesley thank you so much for your message. I got a bit carried away when putting allthat down, but did feel better afterwards.

Had a couple of hours sleep and am feeling much better. :)

Hi Doreen, I can only agree with what Leslie has said and send a huge hug your way. You've been an amazing sister and all you can do now is hope. I hope you're going to have a nice easy day tomorrow x

Thank you. Not too much to do mainly hoover stairs and upstairs. Sit in the garden too and look at what can be done.
I know you have been doing yours. So at least an afternoon of rest.

It's that sad time of year when I'm starting to clear all my bedding plants out and replacing them with bulbs and violas.
Hope you have a good day x

I must get some bulbs. A lot of my plants are perenials but may need moving as I do the beds. Not sure what is best time to move them. Will have to look it up. Garden is a bit tatty tho, did not keep it up when hurt finger then was away for nearly two weeks.

I am glad it is a nice weather day. Have been down and had car cleaned inside and out. Also bought some fruit & veg in the Turkish shop. Most things £1 per bowl and you just take those you want. I swap them about a bit to get the best bargain. Not all prime condition but as long as you use within about a week good value.

Feeling good today, I know brother has company so I am going to do upstairs, put washing outthen sit in the garden with my Kindle and a cup of coffee.

A cider would be nice but don`t have any -- that is becase I don`t buy it.

Have a good day Mandy. Hope the weather is good in Leeds.

Sunday 1st September. EE Happy birthday little sister 56 today.

Breakfast
Eggs bacon mush toms
2 bread

Snack Banana

Lunch
2 boiled eggs, tomato, 2 bananas

Dinner
Diet coke chicken
Can diet coke, onions,
passata, worcester sauce
rice.
mullerlite & banana

Never had this before so I hope it turns out ok. Not bad
When I reread the recipe I found did not put enough passata in,that is why it did not thicken. Nice taste not enough sauce.

Evening snack

Potato & sweetcorn soup
with a ham roll. x 2
banana

hexa milk
hexb 2 wm bread

Syns 6 for the day+ 6 12 syns
60g wholemeal roll - 3 syns ...+ 3. 6 syns, not really worth it but nice

OMG now I`m too full.

ave just made potato and sweetcorn soup 4 portions. Put one in the freezer to make sure it will be ok after thawed out. Should be,you never know.
Am also making butternut squash & carrot soup. Hope is turns equally as nice.

Last edited:
Hey Doreen, you seem to have had a lovely day! Hope you're not worrying too much about your brother.
I've not stuck to plan at all, but have got a lot done so am happy. Tomorrow is another day. Sleep well x

I did have a good day Mandy. Won`t worry too much about brother till he has the op which I expect will be Tuesday.

I have done quite a lot of digging in the garden over the course of the day. Have really enjoyed it. Gonna cut the grass in the morning, then finish the edging.

The grandkids were coming up so Flynn could sleep with me, but Faye says she wants to stay home and play with her friends. No problem. She may change her mind in the morning but that`s ok too,

Looking forwad to doing more in the garden then to the local garden centre for coffee.

Hope food is as good as the day promises to be.

Night x

Can`t sleep so planning for Monday.

Monday 2nd September...EE..gonna try to makethis red I need all milk & cheese
NO EXTRA EASY.

B: eggs bacon mush toms 1 lc sausage

L: BNS soup, 2 cold boiled eggs & toms. (bit too much chilli but still tasty)

D: Corned beef hash
4 slices c.beef, baked beans, potatoes with cheese triangles in.
Followed by nectarines x 3

Bedtime snack. 2 nectaries. choc drink

hexa x 350ml skim milk
hexb x 2 wm bread

syns 6.1/2

sausage - 1/2
c.beef 140g - 3
2 ex lite cheese triangles - 1?
Options choc - 2

Last edited:
NONE OF THIS WORKED OUT SO HAVE DONE A NEW DIARY FURTHER DOWN.

Planning for Tuesday 3rd September. RED DAY

hexa maybe some x lite triangle cheese
hexa 350ml milk
hexb 2 slices wm bread
hexb 230g spuds mashed, (will probably put cauli in the mash to make it look more)

B: 2 eggs trimmed bacon mushrooms toms sausage
2 wm bread h/e

L: Cooked chicken bits with roast peppers, corgette, butternut squash
and a ring of fresh pineapple cut with it.

D: Minced beef & onion with
boiled potatoes h/e
carrot/swede mash, cauli & brocolli
Served with gravy. oxo cubes & 10g bisto powder.

Syns

10g bisto powder - 1
lc sausage - 1/2

Last edited:
Thinking of you Doreen, hope you sleep better tonight and all the best for things tomorrow, well done on your food too Xx

Back