NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Yeehawww, to Cowgirl Upndown... sounds lots of fun, just hope you did manage to find something to eat that won't make you sabotage your amazing effort this week on the Salad Challenge. Keep away from those sticky, sweet desserts, yes!

I've had a great day, been pretty busy but also managed to fit in a four mile walk and drank loads of water/NAS orange squash, even had to use the 'bush loo' in the woods, as I was busting! lol, sorry TMI there but luckily no one else around, apart from hubby. Well I hope not anyway!

Good luck for tomorrow too and looking forward to Mondays results. :D

Hi - glad u had a great day - bush loo means u've been having loadsa water - yes party was fun - but we didn't stay late - music loud - younger ones even louder so took our cue to exit! Had veg chilli in the end and no sticky creamy desserts so I was ok and just had 1 drink as I offered to drive - good fun xx

Well no Doreen - hope that means ur having fun with the family - thinking of u and hope those extra tablets will mean ur feeling much better xx

Morning all - hope all's well with u and ur up for an on plan day - it's like April showers here this morning!

We had a good time last night at the party last night & the food was loosely ok for the challenge - hard to estimate the syns of the veggie chilli!

It was the first time in a very long time that I got dressed to go out & looked in the mirror and thought I looked ok-ish (even tho' I was still wearing my faithful thigh, bum & tum shaper tights under my cowgirl jeans!!) don't think I'll ever have smooth taut thighs however much I exercise - to much upndowning over the years has taken it's toll!!

It's the last day of Week 1 of the challenge - it's been good for me and helped me to focus - ok I've had more syns and carbs over the week than I shd have but I've not binged and that feels good - I'll try to better on week 2 - we're off on our hols Aug 1 so wd like to drop a few more pounds by then!

Doreen not here again - I hope that means ur having a good time with the family and that ur feeling much better having seen them and also that the additional medication is doing its work xx

Hi - I flunked the challenge today - apart from drinking the 3 litres water - thankfully didn't go too mad - here's how it went:

No Brekkie
L: didn't fancy another salad - so had a SW berry sundae 2.5 syns - v nice!!
T: Quorn chill and rice and another SW berry sundae 2.5 syns
Snacks: kiwi fruit - pack of snack a jacks 5 syns, 1.5 Kellog's Squares 9 syns - so 19 syns but believe me it cd have been a lot worse!!

Going to have another go at the challenge 2moro xx

Oh Linda, that's a shame as you'd been so good but really hope it won't have made that much difference to your weigh in for challenge, will be looking out for it. You're also in for another week, aren't you, so should be even better result next Monday. Go for it hun, I know you can do it!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi ! :eek: im new to this so bare with me. i just wanted to ask if anyone ever has treat day ? like after weighing in ?
thanks

luci x

Hi ! :eek: im new to this so bare with me. i just wanted to ask if anyone ever has treat day ? like after weighing in ?
thanks

luci x

Hi and welcome - Doreen started the thread off and will be happy to see u here!

Yes I used to have a treat day on WI day but I ate so much that I put on a lot - then it took me days to get that gain off - so had to almost starve a couple of days b4 WI!! So now I plan really nice SW meals on WI day - like a full English b'fast for brunch and my fave tea and allow myself 15-20 syns that day.

U can see from my sign in name - my weight yo-yo's - so I'm not the best example!! That said since I joined here I've stuck to the diet pretty well - but just had a bad few weeks - but back on plan now. Cloudy, Bubble and Doreen will give u more sensible answers!!

Good luck to u - have u done SW before? See u've lost 2lbs - so that's a good start - isn't it great when the scales show ur losing weight!!

Oh Linda, that's a shame as you'd been so good but really hope it won't have made that much difference to your weigh in for challenge, will be looking out for it. You're also in for another week, aren't you, so should be even better result next Monday. Go for it hun, I know you can do it!

Thx - u did really well - bet ur chuffed - hope u have another good week on SW - see ur too busy to fit in the challenge - it does take some planning and not very flexible but well worth the effort if it fits in with our lives - didn't Kay put a lot of work in - I'm really grateful to her.

I'm not quite sure what got into me yest - we were going to have a chill day - but then I started to lots of jobs that were piling up then started cooking non challenge stuff???!!!

But happy with a 2lb loss and even more pleased that I've stopped bingeing (just about) can't believe I'm 7.5lbs away from target (altho' I was 5 off at beginning of June!) Hope the challenge will keep me focussed and that u have a good weekxx

Popping in to say hello Doreen - hope ur ok?? It's my WI 2moro at WW - so tried to be good today - here's how my food went:

SYNS:4.5 syns? - meringue 2.5 syns sprinkle of seeds - 2 syns?
No breakfast

Bit of a boring lunch - ham, salad leaves, cherry toms and grapes

Tea: lamb steak, salad leaves, celery, beet, pickled onions with a fryighted stir fry with lots of veg

Morning all feeling bubblier so ive got round the diaries wishing everything a happy tuesday. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi ! :eek: im new to this so bare with me. i just wanted to ask if anyone ever has treat day ? like after weighing in ? thanks luci x

Sorry, somehow missed this. I try not to have 'extra' syns but I keep to under 5 if poss day before WI, then have 25 after weigh in, so I can have something extra without any guilt.
Have you only just started slimming world? How are you finding it? :)
Must admit right at this minute someone is sitting at a table opposite me tucking into a huge wedge of carrot cake, looks so nice but I stayed strong, don't want to undo any of last weeks hard work losing 4lbs! I shall look the other way :)

Well done on turning the other cheek - so hard sometimes isn't it - temptation everywhere it seems!

Love the idea of dropping to 5 syns pre WI day then having 25 on the big day - think I'll copy u on that one - think it cd stop me feeling deprived which I think is what sets me off on a binge!! Will let u know how I get on xx

Morning all feeling bubblier so ive got round the diaries wishing everything a happy tuesday. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Glad ur feeling brighter - this diet lark can get us down can't it - but hang on to how much u've lost and kept off - and u have quite a few days b4 ur hols!!

Morning ladies, wonder when Doreen is back? Hope all are having a lovely day. I'm just waiting for a friend in town, so having a cuppa (skimmed milk too) x

Hi - not sure when Doreen's back - sometimes when she's away she posts from her son's - but she may be busy or not taken her laptop/tablet?

Hope ur well Doreen - as u can see - we're missing uxx

Hi - here's how my food turned out today - WI today - lost 2lbs - now on Week 2 of Kay's salad challenge:

No brekkie
L: chopped bacon salad - ff yog and strawbs
T: chicken, rice (HEB) salad, ff yog and more strawbs (a few from the garden - with some from the shops!!)

Well done on turning the other cheek - so hard sometimes isn't it - temptation everywhere it seems! Love the idea of dropping to 5 syns pre WI day then having 25 on the big day - think I'll copy u on that one - think it cd stop me feeling deprived which I think is what sets me off on a binge!! Will let u know how I get on xx

I find it a lot easier to resist food when I'm out, or say if I'm catering for others here. My tempted to binge moments are when I'm suddenly home alone and nothing much to do, I'm a boredom snacker. :(
I'm off to get my ears lowered this morning (aka having my hair cut shorter) then a trip to see friends for lunch in a pub somewhere and tea at theirs, so hoping I can find some good food choices. ;)

Glad ur feeling brighter - this diet lark can get us down can't it - but hang on to how much u've lost and kept off - and u have quite a few days b4 ur hols!!

Wot she said ;) Personally I think you've done brilliantly with all the temptation of family food around you and such a busy life. I'd find it hard, as you do Bubble, if I was on my own in the evenings, once the kids are in bed and your hubby working especially. Keep at it, we're behind you /waves ;)

Hi - not sure when Doreen's back - sometimes when she's away she posts from her son's - but she may be busy or not taken her laptop/tablet? Hope ur well Doreen - as u can see - we're missing uxx

I hope it's because she's have a super relaxing but fun time and way too busy to post but will tell us all about it when she returns. :) :)

Back