NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Morning Doreen - hope u've had a good rest overnight after ur emotional, tiring week - take it easy if u can xx

Thank you. Actually I was resting Sunday till about 1pm. Faye was at Hertford rehearsing for the show her dancing school are putting on next week. Faye, Flynn and Davina had been there since 8.30am. I got a call from Davina asking if she could drop Flynn off at 2pm until 5.30. I know I had only seen the kids last week but I was happy to. We went to the park to feed the ducks then home for a bite and played sit down games, Guess Who, Connect Four, Snakes & Ladders etc, really had a nice time. Flynn had got a bit fed up although he likes watching the girls trying out their show, he knows lots of them.

Today when I got up I had neck pain and the room spun somewhat. It happened a couple of times last week but I took no notice. The Doc says it is the spondilocis I have in my neck (wearing out of the neck). He offered me Naproxin that I am allergic to so gave me some Ibrufen gel. I can use that but can`t take Ibrufen pills. I am an awkward patient. So gel and painkillers 4 times a day and see how it goes.

Have run through some of the comments I didn`t see while away.
I am a boredom snacker in the evening. Ok during the day Cloudy6 also I love my Kindle, just never have books at the moment.
If any of you want a recipe from the Fakeaway book let me know, I have bought it.
I love strawberries out of the garden, my neighbour always gives me some of hers, the next thing will be runner beans.

I am pleased to say I have cut the grass twice today, it was soooo long I had to cut on high first then lower after. Glad it is done though. Am trying no to do too much to give neck a bit of a rest. The bending down makes me a bit giddy, but not too bad, Much better then when I was unwell before I went away. That felt like somebody had taken my batteries out. Not good. Have met 3 people who had the same so it must have been a virus.

`Nough about me. back to food properly. I am finding it hard. The food on here has been looking good.

Mine foe Sunday

B: 3 toast 2 eggs, bacon mush toms (2.5syns)
D: 2 chicken thighs with onions and piri piri flavouring, spuds with salad cream (3)
S:Bananas x 3 or 4
Lolly with Flynn - a Magnum, will have to look up the syns, a scone and a danish pastry.

Magnum - 12
Scone small - 7
Danish pastry - 15.

Not gonna add them up, Have been ok today. Here is a line

Last edited:
Hello Everyone. Sorry Doreen I havent been around for a few weeks. I havent been too good. I must get back on track with food and exercise. I swam today. Im sorry you havent been very well Doreen. I hope you feel better soon . Mo :)

Hello Everyone. Sorry Doreen I havent been around for a few weeks. I havent been too good. I must get back on track with food and exercise. I swam today. Im sorry you havent been very well Doreen. I hope you feel better soon . Mo :)

I get cross with myself when I don`t stay on track, do you Mo? Good for doing thr swimming. I am using my garden for exercise and tomorrow hoovering through. Trying to keep on top as I have family at weekend and then the following Wednesday my son and his family are coming from New Zealand. Kdeep going Mo. xx

Hello Doreen. Thanks for the encouragement. Wow you must be really excited about the visit of your son and his family. Yes it is so hard to get back on track but I must. Mo :)

Welcome back Mo - why is it so easy to fall off the wagon yet so tough to get back on - if anyone could solve that problem they'd be a millionaire wouldn't they?

The first few days are tough but hopefull after that u'll be back in the groove - and the swimming is a really good thing - so well done for that x

I get cross with myself when I don`t stay on track, do you Mo? Good for doing thr swimming. I am using my garden for exercise and tomorrow hoovering through. Trying to keep on top as I have family at weekend and then the following Wednesday my son and his family are coming from New Zealand. Kdeep going Mo. xx

Hi Doreen - ooh it's so nice having u and Mo back!

Yes I get very cross with myself when I'm messing about with SW - not that it does me any good! After my dreadful June (reckon I put about 10lbs - can't say exactly as I hid away from the scales.

Gosh ur going to be busy with family visiting - I'm sure ur looking forward to seeing everyone esp those from New Z! - just don't wear urself out in preparing things for them - one of my friends reminds me by saying 'they're coming to see u not the house!' But the body magic is useful for the diet too!

Have run through some of the comments I didn`t see while away.
I am a boredom snacker in the evening. Ok during the day Cloudy6 also I love my Kindle, just never have books at the moment.
If any of you want a recipe from the Fakeaway book let me know, I have bought it.
I love strawberries out of the garden, my neighbour always gives me some of hers, the next thing will be runner beans.

I am pleased to say I have cut the grass twice today, it was soooo long I had to cut on high first then lower after. Glad it is done though. Am trying no to do too much to give neck a bit of a rest. The bending down makes me a bit giddy, but not too bad, Much better then when I was unwell before I went away. That felt like somebody had taken my batteries out. Not good. Have met 3 people who had the same so it must have been a virus.

`Nough about me. back to food properly. I am finding it hard. The food on here has been looking good.

Mine foe Sunday

B: 3 toast 2 eggs, bacon mush toms (2.5syns)
D: 2 chicken thighs with onions and piri piri flavouring, spuds with salad cream (3)
S:Bananas x 3 or 4
Lolly with Flynn - a Magnum, will have to look up the syns, a scone and a danish pastry.

Magnum - 12
Scone small - 7
Danish pastry - 15.

Not gonna add them up, Have been ok today. Here is a line

So glad to hear ur feeling better - funny thing is that my hubby and I think we've had a virus which made us feel tired - no other symptoms - must be something going around.

Wow cutting the lawn twice - more exercise! I love to garden but really hate doing the lawns!

I realise ur syns were above the limit - but it could have been a lot worse - know mine are when I have a bing. Glad u've drawn the line and hope that today is going well.

I'll pop in later - either b4 or after Poppy's school concert - they're doing the things they did at that event in May (the Eisteddfod) so she'll be reciting some poetry, acting in a short drama and singing in the choir - others will be playing the piano and the harp and more singing - looking forward to it - they're very cute - all under 12. xx

Thank you. Actually I was resting Sunday till about 1pm. Faye was at Hertford rehearsing for the show her dancing school are putting on next week. Faye, Flynn and Davina had been there since 8.30am. I got a call from Davina asking if she could drop Flynn off at 2pm until 5.30. I know I had only seen the kids last week but I was happy to. We went to the park to feed the ducks then home for a bite and played sit down games, Guess Who, Connect Four, Snakes & Ladders etc, really had a nice time. Flynn had got a bit fed up although he likes watching the girls trying out their show, he knows lots of them.

Today when I got up I had neck pain and the room spun somewhat. It happened a couple of times last week but I took no notice. The Doc says it is the spondilocis I have in my neck (wearing out of the neck). He offered me Naproxin that I am allergic to so gave me some Ibrufen gel. I can use that but can`t take Ibrufen pills. I am an awkward patient. So gel and painkillers 4 times a day and see how it goes.

Yes I can imagine u were happy to have Flynn - ur good to play all those games with him - but sorry to hear about ur neck - I hope the ibuprofen gel works for u - pls don't be hard on urself - u're not awkward - u can't help what medication suits u! I'm enjoying ur posts again Doreen x

So glad to hear ur feeling better - funny thing is that my hubby and I think we've had a virus which made us feel tired - no other symptoms - must be something going around.

Wow cutting the lawn twice - more exercise! I love to garden but really hate doing the lawns!

I realise ur syns were above the limit - but it could have been a lot worse - know mine are when I have a bing. Glad u've drawn the line and hope that today is going well.

I'll pop in later - either b4 or after Poppy's school concert - they're doing the things they did at that event in May (the Eisteddfod) so she'll be reciting some poetry, acting in a short drama and singing in the choir - others will be playing the piano and the harp and more singing - looking forward to it - they're very cute - all under 12. xx

I do so love the things that they do at school. Just shows what patience the teachers have - most of the time I guess. I am sure you will enjoy it. I had met a lot of the children in the play. So many saying hello to me that one of the teachers said it was so good that I knew so many to talk to seeing as I don`t live up there. That was so nice of her. Sometimes I am not sure which is which as they all look so alike in their little blue gingham dresses and grey trousers and white shirts. So sweet as you say.
One of the girls I will miss a lot is Lily as she is going uo to the next school. She always runs to me and gives me a hug when she sees me. Ahh

My garden is looking better with thr new roses and flowers that have come out. Just had my last coffee sitting out there looking. Love it.

I am not too bothered about the house for Nik and Davina and the kids, oh and Davina`s Mum. We are going to see Fayes show, me and Jan on Saturday with Davina behind the scenes then Nik & Davina on Sunday while I have Flynn with me then they will have to drive home. I just want it to look nice for Andy. I thought if I do the bit like tiles and skirting boards & doors etc this week then Sunday I will be able to so the bedding and anything else that needs doing Mon/Tues. They will get here from NZ at 10pmish Wed night. I am getting excited now. :happy036::bliss::chores016:

DOES IT SHOW :D

Last edited:
Monday 14th July

Hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs bacon toms mush 1 xtra bread (2.1/2) 2 h/e bread
L: WM roll (6syns) and banana
D: minced beef, onions pepper mush pasatta carrot oxo cubes gravy grans (2syns)

Supper another roll (6syns) and banana

TOTAL 16.1/2.

:4635:
Off to bed now. Need to get up early and ring NZ. xxx

Lovely to see you back Doreen and hearing all about what you did with the family, it sounds like they love having you there just as much as you enjoy going! :)
I bet your garden IS looking lovely now that the new roses and everything else are settling in. You've been busy cutting the grass too... it always makes the whole garden look so much better when the lawns are cut and (preferably) the edges trimmed, it seems to make it all look so much neater. Sometimes if I don't have much time, I actually JUST cut the edges and it looks like I've done loads more hehe.
Don't overdo it getting ready for your family from New Zealand. They are coming to see YOU, not inspect your skirting boards lol, though must say, I'm the same and beaver around when we have guests, just so that I feel I can then relax with them and things don't need doing again for a bit.
Your excitement DOES show :D but I don't blame you.

Sleep well, and enjoy your call to New Zealand :)

Monday 14th July

Hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs bacon toms mush 1 xtra bread (2.1/2) 2 h/e bread
L: WM roll (6syns) and banana
D: minced beef, onions pepper mush pasatta carrot oxo cubes gravy grans (2syns)

Supper another roll (6syns) and banana

TOTAL 16.1/2.

:4635:
Off to bed now. Need to get up early and ring NZ. xxx

A tasty day - isn't it great to get back in control - and all that body magic = a great SW day x

I do so love the things that they do at school. Just shows what patience the teachers have - most of the time I guess. I am sure you will enjoy it. I had met a lot of the children in the play. So many saying hello to me that one of the teachers said it was so good that I knew so many to talk to seeing as I don`t live up there. That was so nice of her. Sometimes I am not sure which is which as they all look so alike in their little blue gingham dresses and grey trousers and white shirts. So sweet as you say.
One of the girls I will miss a lot is Lily as she is going uo to the next school. She always runs to me and gives me a hug when she sees me. Ahh

My garden is looking better with thr new roses and flowers that have come out. Just had my last coffee sitting out there looking. Love it.

I am not too bothered about the house for Nik and Davina and the kids, oh and Davina`s Mum. We are going to see Fayes show, me and Jan on Saturday with Davina behind the scenes then Nik & Davina on Sunday while I have Flynn with me then they will have to drive home. I just want it to look nice for Andy. I thought if I do the bit like tiles and skirting boards & doors etc this week then Sunday I will be able to so the bedding and anything else that needs doing Mon/Tues. They will get here from NZ at 10pmish Wed night. I am getting excited now. :happy036::bliss::chores016:

DOES IT SHOW :D

Yes concert was great - u sound like a very popular super-Nanny at school! I'm sure u'll all enjoy Faye's show - bet she's put a lot of hard work preparing for it.

Bet the garden does look good after all ur hard work - I always think that any time we spend in the garden - pays us back many times over as we admire it and silently praise ourselves (or is it only me that does that?)

Know what u mean about making the house look at its best for ur visitors - just don't knock urself out lol!! Gosh I get excited when my son comes up from South Wales (about a 4 hour drive) never mind coming from across the other side of the world - bet u won't be able to believe it when u see them! U'll have a wonderful time I'm sure. Night, Night xx

Yes concert was great - u sound like a very popular super-Nanny at school! I'm sure u'll all enjoy Faye's show - bet she's put a lot of hard work preparing for it.

Bet the garden does look good after all ur hard work - I always think that any time we spend in the garden - pays us back many times over as we admire it and silently praise ourselves (or is it only me that does that?)

Know what u mean about making the house look at its best for ur visitors - just don't knock urself out lol!! Gosh I get excited when my son comes up from South Wales (about a 4 hour drive) never mind coming from across the other side of the world - bet u won't be able to believe it when u see them! U'll have a wonderful time I'm sure. Night, Night xx

I praise myself too when the garden done. I walked out the front this morning and it was clear of weeds. The concrete drive is a bit naff but no more weeds in the cracks. So pleased with myself that I got it done. I think I had better do the edges to the lawn at the back...lol

Glad you enjoyed the concert. :)

Morning Ladies. Have a lovely day, getting warm here already and forecast is for hot, hot and hotter :/

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It is warm here too, very cloudy at the moment. probably just right to go for a walk.

Ooh just had a nice young couple with 2 children knocking at the door with a leaflet about knowing the Bible. Why do I feel so embarrassed when the caller is wanting to talk religion but not at all when they are selling goods. (I just tell them I do not keep money in the house)

Anyway, enjoy your day everyone. Ah the sun just came out. Good. xx

I praise myself too when the garden done. I walked out the front this morning and it was clear of weeds. The concrete drive is a bit naff but no more weeds in the cracks. So pleased with myself that I got it done. I think I had better do the edges to the lawn at the back...lol

Glad you enjoyed the concert. :)

My late Dad gave me a tip about weeds on drives and paths - it's cheap, environmentally friendly and easy too - sprinkle a generous amount of salt on them and in a few days they'll have died right down to the root - salt in Lidl sells at 17p a packet - so u can kill a lot of weeds for a £1!!!

It is warm here too, very cloudy at the moment. probably just right to go for a walk.

Ooh just had a nice young couple with 2 children knocking at the door with a leaflet about knowing the Bible. Why do I feel so embarrassed when the caller is wanting to talk religion but not at all when they are selling goods. (I just tell them I do not keep money in the house)

Anyway, enjoy your day everyone. Ah the sun just came out. Good. xx

Oooh I'm the same with the religious callers - my hubby on the other hand has a discussion on the doorstep - while I'm red faced hiding inside!!

Back