NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I love my mince but would miss the potatoes. I love them.

I am having a coffee then going to bed, by 9 anyway at the very latest. I am so tired, got up too early.
Got lots to do tomorrow have DIL mum here on Friday. Faye & DIL before show on Saturday and Flynn & son most of Sunday till show again. They will all be gone by 6pm Sunday so Sunday morning I can start the washing of bed linen ready for Andy on Wednesday.

Goodnight guys, thanks for the recipe Upndown.

Night Night - should have mentioned that the chilli recipe serves 6 pretty big portions if I add celery and carrots or other superfree stuff - all the tomatoey stuff bulks it out too!

Thanks very much, I wonder if I could sneak the quorn past my hubby, he is a confirmed carnivore. We had savoury mince tonight too Doreen, with a little pasta for them but I just had loads of veg with mine. I have a cappuchino mullerlight yogurt to eat when I've watered outside and my 3sqs of DairyMilk :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think u cd try it - that recipe has lots of flavour and the consistency of the quorn is just like mince - my sons are real carnivores and they've never noticed and I've never told them!!

Wednesday 16th July

Hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: 2eggs 2 toast coffee
L: jacket spuds, ham x l mayo ( 2syns I reckon)
D: Savoury mince, onion broccoli cumin powder boiled spuds oxo cubes

A great day Doreen - makes us feel good isn't it?

I do get a bit fed up when the same people come again a month or so later. If I wasn't about to change my religion a few weeks ago, then I'm not about to change my mind. Have to say if I see them coming I just don't open the door :)

I do that if I'm in on my own!!

No, if makes me swelter, it's nearly thirty degrees in the shade here! I'm melting!!

Oh dear - u'll have to have a fan like the Japanese ladies or one of those big ones like the Pharoahs!

Here's my food for the day:

Brunch: bacon and eggs, stewed rhubarb and ff yog
Snacks: water melon, 2 apples, banana - kept looking for something to eat all afternoon!
Tea: syn free chilli and small portion of rice, berries and ff yog

ss milk - part HEA in 2 coffees

5 syns in a Freddo - picked Poppy up from school and she wanted a Magnum (my favourite!) and then saw the Hoola Hoops - so thought I did well to settle for a Freddo and cdn't face any more fruit! So I've only got 2 syns left for 2moro cos of that blooming cake!

Hello Everyone. I hope everyone os fine. Hello Cloudy. Upndown I know exactly what you mean about looking for something to eat. I have tried very hard to get back n track the last 2 days but Iz ended up making myself a cheese and onion sandwich!! I am still hungry now! I have swam this week. Using standard pool lengths Ive done 40 Mnday, 45 Tuesday and 40 today.
Yesterday I ate 2 toast, jacket potato with baked beans, chick peas with rice and strawberries oh and a banana.
Today I ate 2 slices of toast, trout with veget#ble rice. But cheese and onion sandwich and a slice of bread. Strawberries and a banana but I am really hungry. Oh dear

Hello ladies, Im so sorry I have not been around to 'chat' ive been trying to keep up everyday but you know how it is....
I hope you are all well, it looks like you are all doing quite well, upndown what are you doing now? I know your wi at ww but your diaries are sw. Im confused, or are you doing a me and trying to add them all together hoping for a fab result?

Hello ladies, Im so sorry I have not been around to 'chat' ive been trying to keep up everyday but you know how it is....
I hope you are all well, it looks like you are all doing quite well, upndown what are you doing now? I know your wi at ww but your diaries are sw. Im confused, or are you doing a me and trying to add them all together hoping for a fab result?

Hi - yes I can see ur mad busy from ur diary - not long to go for ur hols - bet u can't wait!

Well what am I doing - good question! I switched to WW cos a friend who struggles to walk and doesn't drive wanted to go to WW so thought I'd give her a lift and go too. But can't be doing with the counting of points!

So did Kay's challenge (sort of) for 2 weeks - now doing SW but.....

.....came on this morning to admit - I had a naughty supper last night - a banana and a LOT of golden syrup - it made me feel ill and don't feel that good this morning either - serves me right I know - so will have to withdraw my honk too!

Hello Everyone. I hope everyone os fine. Hello Cloudy. Upndown I know exactly what you mean about looking for something to eat. I have tried very hard to get back n track the last 2 days but Iz ended up making myself a cheese and onion sandwich!! I am still hungry now! I have swam this week. Using standard pool lengths Ive done 40 Mnday, 45 Tuesday and 40 today.
Yesterday I ate 2 toast, jacket potato with baked beans, chick peas with rice and strawberries oh and a banana.
Today I ate 2 slices of toast, trout with veget#ble rice. But cheese and onion sandwich and a slice of bread. Strawberries and a banana but I am really hungry. Oh dear

Good to see u back posting Mo - ur doing well with the swimming - don't knock ur food on the 2nd day - think that looks ok as some of bread can be counted as a Healthy Ex B and the rest as syns I would have thought - I know it's a pain but I think it's handy when u buy bread - to weigh a slice - and work out how much u can have for Healthy Ex B and how many syns in a slice and keep a note of it. I love bread so really have to ration it - or I go mad - just reading ur post about a cheese & onion sandwich had me wanting to make one!!

If ur hungry cd u look up some free foods for a snack? Like that pasta'n'sauce or some cold ham - there's quite a lot we can have isn't there?

Well may have been a good food day yesterday but I weighed this morning at class and put on 6lbs for over the last 2 weeks. Should have weighed last week. I can`t say that line I drew made any difference, I just wanted to eat, mostly I suppose because I was fed up. Not sure why, but company from tomorrow so hope that will help.

Have sorted food for today and will do my utmost to stick to it.

Thursday 17th July.

hexa milk, hexb 2 bread

B: two bananas and two coffee at class.
L: Ham and onion sarni with tspn salad cream lite. (1/2 syn) Banana and coffee
Snack around 3ish banana and coffee.
D: Savoury mince again with tspn cumin powder. Tin carrots, onion, 1\2 tin baked beans, small pieces courgette (to use up) Tom puree to thicken and oxo cubes. Served with cabbage and around 300g boiled spud with skins.
Followed by mixed frozen berries and fromage frais with a little sweetner.

If hungry later I will have maybe ham, tomato & onion sarni which will cost me with salad cream (5.1/2 syns)

Thay would bring the total to 6 for the day. My aim is to stick to 10 per day.

My consultant is soooo lovely. I said I was going to stay for coffee but had to go as was busy, not because of the weight I had put on. Bless her, she gave me a big hug. Told her to be careful as I may cry. Then, just before she went in for new members talk she came up to me and - as she gave me another hug - she said she thought I was very good (actually she said brave) to go in knowing I had put a lot on, and she knows I don`t try to hide it from the other members. I have two really lovely groups I go to, I am very lucky.

Add a punnet of grapes to this.

Last edited:
Here's my food for the day:

Brunch: bacon and eggs, stewed rhubarb and ff yog
Snacks: water melon, 2 apples, banana - kept looking for something to eat all afternoon!
Tea: syn free chilli and small portion of rice, berries and ff yog

ss milk - part HEA in 2 coffees

5 syns in a Freddo - picked Poppy up from school and she wanted a Magnum (my favourite!) and then saw the Hoola Hoops - so thought I did well to settle for a Freddo and cdn't face any more fruit! So I've only got 2 syns left for 2moro cos of that blooming cake!

Well done Upndown for sticking to the Freddo, I had the Magnum, mmmmmmmmm. Good to see Mo is still swimming.

What a lovely consultant she sounds. I wish I knew why we get these sudden hungry patches, when nothing seems to satisfy the hunger properly. I've never worked it out for myself. Hopefully it will go as suddenly as it came and then you'll lose those niggly lbs again quickly. :)

Hello Everyone. Yes I totally agree Cloudy Doreens consultant does sound lovely. Aw Doreen I thought I wouldn habe been in tears when the lady was so nice. By the way I will admit that last night I searched the house for a healthy snack but ended up with 2 more slces of toast. I have been shopping today and stocked up on more healthy food. I hope that helps the evening. :)

Yes to both of you, I am very lucky she is the best. I usually cry when she hugs me, she can tell when things are not right. Anyway, today is good so far. Just had grapes that are not on my diary of food for the day.

My brother goes to Overeaters .......... can`t spell the other word at the moment. Maybe I could pop along one evening after Andy has left and see if they have any answers. We would be worth a million if we could find out why wouldn`t we...
.....I would share it with everyone on this thread......honest.

What a lovely consultant she sounds. I wish I knew why we get these sudden hungry patches, when nothing seems to satisfy the hunger properly. I've never worked it out for myself. Hopefully it will go as suddenly as it came and then you'll lose those niggly lbs again quickly. :)

....talking of hungry patches - pls see the post I'm about to write!! :rolleyes:

Well may have been a good food day yesterday but I weighed this morning at class and put on 6lbs for over the last 2 weeks. Should have weighed last week. I can`t say that line I drew made any difference, I just wanted to eat, mostly I suppose because I was fed up. Not sure why, but company from tomorrow so hope that will help.

Have sorted food for today and will do my utmost to stick to it.

Thursday 17th July.

hexa milk, hexb 2 bread

B: two bananas and two coffee at class.
L: Ham and onion sarni with tspn salad cream lite. (1/2 syn) Banana and coffee
Snack around 3ish banana and coffee.
D: Savoury mince again with tspn cumin powder. Tin carrots, onion, 1\2 tin baked beans, small pieces courgette (to use up) Tom puree to thicken and oxo cubes. Served with cabbage and around 300g boiled spud with skins.
Followed by mixed frozen berries and fromage frais with a little sweetner.

If hungry later I will have maybe ham, tomato & onion sarni which will cost me with salad cream (5.1/2 syns)

Thay would bring the total to 6 for the day. My aim is to stick to 10 per day.

My consultant is soooo lovely. I said I was going to stay for coffee but had to go as was busy, not because of the weight I had put on. Bless her, she gave me a big hug. Told her to be careful as I may cry. Then, just before she went in for new members talk she came up to me and - as she gave me another hug - she said she thought I was very good (actually she said brave) to go in knowing I had put a lot on, and she knows I don`t try to hide it from the other members. I have two really lovely groups I go to, I am very lucky.

Yes u are brave for doing that - I'm afraid I hide - even from my own scales - how sad is that??

Well I had a good start to the day then hit a hungry patch like u and Cloudy have mentioned - so not worth listing all the rubbish I've eaten today - it might even crash the site if I do LOL!! Why do I (and we) do it - I just don't know. Anyway - think it's out of my system now - I feel quite sickly - so hope to be back on plan tomorrow - or else I'll have to go round all the charity shops and buy back all the clothes I've donated!!

Here's to a good day 2moro xx

Yes to both of you, I am very lucky she is the best. I usually cry when she hugs me, she can tell when things are not right. Anyway, today is good so far. Just had grapes that are not on my diary of food for the day.

My brother goes to Overeaters .......... can`t spell the other word at the moment. Maybe I could pop along one evening after Andy has left and see if they have any answers. We would be worth a million if we could find out why wouldn`t we...
.....I would share it with everyone on this thread......honest.

U cd keep the million - u'd have earned it - but I've give u as much as I cd afford if u had the answer to this overeating lark. I've heard of Overeaters Anonymous - is that the one u mean? I've read about it - has it helped ur brother I wonder?

Ur family will either have arrived or soon too - hope u can keep on track if that's ur plan or enjoy the food freedom if ur having a break xx

Hello Everyone. Yes I totally agree Cloudy Doreens consultant does sound lovely. Aw Doreen I thought I wouldn habe been in tears when the lady was so nice. By the way I will admit that last night I searched the house for a healthy snack but ended up with 2 more slces of toast. I have been shopping today and stocked up on more healthy food. I hope that helps the evening. :)

Hope the healthy snacks worked - I could have done with some earlier!!

Back