NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Ooh i love a good mooch round a garden centre... have fun and enjoy your lunch ;)

Thanks cloudy.

Went to the garden centre and mooched around :) didn`t buy anything though just mooched.

Putting food on for today as apart from fruit won`t have anything else.
Tuesday 12th August.

Hexa milk. hexb ???

No breakfast - got up too late.

Lunch - ham, 2 eggs, chips and salad. not sure how eggs were cooked and there was dressing on the salad - and of course the chips. Chips were lovely but I think they were probably frozen.
Going to count 15 syns.

Dinner: Sweet chilli chicken a la Chocko1 (ie Kathy)
Chicken, onion, pepper, soy sauce, broccoli. All with rice and 1 tbsn Sweet Chilli sauce (1.1/2)

If I have anything else it will be pineapple or melon or both. Not used h/e, could have some dry toast if hungry before bed with some ham.

Anyway lets say 16.1/2 syns.

Ah, that's the thing... you don't always need to buy anything at the garden centre, its just nice to mooch, check out all the plants, get ideas, look at the craft type stuff if that's your thing, get ideas for future gifts for yourself and for others, and of course, a nice coffee or in this case, lunch. Definitely a nice way to spend a morning or afternoon in my book.
I've got that sweet chilli chicken printed ready to try soon, it sounds yummy. :)

I had some cooked chicken in the fridge so used that up. It was very nice, but would have been a little better with fresh chicken. Will definately do it again. Hope you like it Cloudy.

Thanks cloudy.

Went to the garden centre and mooched around :) didn`t buy anything though just mooched.

Putting food on for today as apart from fruit won`t have anything else.
Tuesday 12th August.

Hexa milk. hexb ???

No breakfast - got up too late.

Lunch - ham, 2 eggs, chips and salad. not sure how eggs were cooked and there was dressing on the salad - and of course the chips. Chips were lovely but I think they were probably frozen.
Going to count 15 syns.

Dinner: Sweet chilli chicken a la Chocko1 (ie Kathy)
Chicken, onion, pepper, soy sauce, broccoli. All with rice and 1 tbsn Sweet Chilli sauce (1.1/2)

If I have anything else it will be pineapple or melon or both. Not used h/e, could have some dry toast if hungry before bed with some ham.

Anyway lets say 16.1/2 syns.

Hi like you and Cloudy - I love to have a nosey in the garden centre - and don't know about you but I'd never have enough room in my garden for all the plants I fancy (to say nothing about not having the cash either!!)

Good to see your back posting your food - I think it makes us think - well at least sometimes!!

Hope everyone's sticking to the plan - it's good to read your posts.

I ate too much while we were travelling - found it hard to find nice healthy stuff along the way - but since we arrived I've been much better but eating too much - the gite owner invited us to dinner last night - very kind, fairly SW friendly:

duck & beetroot salad starter, chicken with rice and veg, a banana cake with cream and some champagne - will try harder after we've done a food shop tomorrow. Today's intake was something like this:

B: toast and butter (not many supplies in yet!!)
L: ham and boiled egg salad + yummy biscuits provided by gite owner
T: ham omelette & salad (see a pattern here?) and rest of the biscuits and some lovely Suchard choc thing provided here!
No milk so drinking water and fruit teas - fruit snacks

I had some cooked chicken in the fridge so used that up. It was very nice, but would have been a little better with fresh chicken. Will definately do it again. Hope you like it Cloudy.

It will probably not be till next week. I'm doing Kay's Salad Challenge again this week as I really want to try and get lower into the twelve stones, so hopefully I'll never see thirteens again. I've done it before, several years ago, doing Dukan diet but lost it so quickly and not really eating healthily, so of course, piled it all back on again. With Slimming World I'm hoping that its changing my eating habits for the long term as the whole family are eating the same meals.

Wonder how Linda is getting on in France? Hope the journey over wasn't too rough! eek. Hopefully will hear from you soon, if you can get online. Enjoy France hun :)

Ooh this is freaky - once again I must have been posting my message above when you were posting this!

Thx for your good wishes - hope you're ok too and the weather has picked up after the storm?

The weather in UK whilst we were travelling wasn't too bad - went thro 2 areas of very heavy rain in the south - the ferry crossing was rougher than usual but as we were sailing at 11 pm - we went straight to our cabin and fell asleep - woken up by ship's alarm to go to our cars at 7!!

We then travelled 6 hours from northern France to our destination in the central region - saw lots of lovely countryside - but a bit tired after dinner so wnet off to bed and had a lazy day today - apart from a good walk and a bit of yoga!! I'll try to keep in touch but wifi connection has been a bit dodgy!!

Haha, talk of the devil.... lovely to hear you got there ok and having a good time. Not sure it sounds *that* slimming world friendly but heck, you're on holiday! :D

No defo not SW friendly but will get some SW stuff in and mix it with with the holiday treats!!

It will probably not be till next week. I'm doing Kay's Salad Challenge again this week as I really want to try and get lower into the twelve stones, so hopefully I'll never see thirteens again. I've done it before, several years ago, doing Dukan diet but lost it so quickly and not really eating healthily, so of course, piled it all back on again. With Slimming World I'm hoping that its changing my eating habits for the long term as the whole family are eating the same meals.

Good luck with the challenge - if def works doesn't it - helps to have a dedicated thread too I think? But it does take a lot of willpower - like you I've been upndown but you and all my Minis friends here are helping me to make sure I re-gain all I've lost this time and I know you find the support helps too - have a good week.

Good luck with the challenge - if def works doesn't it - helps to have a dedicated thread too I think? But it does take a lot of willpower - like you I've been upndown but you and all my Minis friends here are helping me to make sure I re-gain all I've lost this time and I know you find the support helps too - have a good week.

Lol, our posting at same times must be because we have the same name ;)

Thanks.... I lost 3.5lbs on last weeks challenge, not sure if you'll have seen. So pleased as that got me into the twelves but only by half a pound, so need to do well this week too (despite totm playing games with me!) to get firmly into that stone bracket. Got my three stone award too, yippee. Anyway, sorry, enough blowing my own trumpet.
Glad to hear the journey wasn't too scary, not sure I cold have slept through rough seas! Will keep an eye out for you :)

Hi all, sound like you are having good times.
Not up to much myself but agreed with consultant that I got weighed tonight evening tho` I am a morning weigher.
I have put on 3 lbs, was expected but have tried to get back on it today. Not going into anything too much, am feeling low and don`t feel like putting it down.

Monday 11th August. (day no. 1) no promises

Hexa milk, hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, bacon ans 2 bread
L: Turkey, mash and tomatoes, 2 bananas
D: Chicken, boiled spud & broccoli. Gravy grans 2 tsps ( 2.syns )
2 bananas.

ADDED LATER. STRAWBERRIES AND ONKEN YOGURT WHICH IS 5 SYNS

7 FOR THE DAY.

Sorry to read that you were feeling down - hope you're feeling a bit better by now?

That looks like a very good day Doreen and 3lbs isn't a bad gain considering the month you've had - you'll soon have that off at this rate!

Take care - I'm thinking of you on my hols :grouphugg:xxx

I am pleased to say that I am feel much better. Lots of headaches, but have had blood pressure tested, and it was good.l So probably due to stress and my neck.
I have tried to find something to go out for each day and it seems to be working. I am sure I will feel more normal as the weeks go by. My NZ family are nearly home now and I feel so much better about them not being here. Just the family problem to sort now - that could take months as I have a adult niece who has been pretty nasty and caused problem between me and her dad (my brother)

How does the song go "things can only get better"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to read that you were feeling down - hope you're feeling a bit better by now?

That looks like a very good day Doreen and 3lbs isn't a bad gain considering the month you've had - you'll soon have that off at this rate!

Take care - I'm thinking of you on my hols :grouphugg:xxx

Thanks so much for the hugs. Your hols seem to be going well. Sort SW when you come back Upndown.

Thanks so much for the hugs. Your hols seem to be going well. Sort SW when you come back Upndown.

Your very welcome Doreen - hope you're feeling a little brighter?

Yes I will sort myself out when I get back but I could do a lot of damage in a month and can't face putting too much on - only having to lose it all over again!! Last week was def not SW friendly - but I'm quite pleased with today:

B: fruit
L: boiled egg salad
T: pizza :rolleyes: salad with tiny bit of mayo mixed with vinegar
Snacks - fruit
Syns- 4 squares of choc - handful of crisps - drinking low cal drinks and fruit teas
Exercise - 30 mins yoga and a bit of walking

I'll pop in when I can & hope everyone is well and sticking to the plan! xx

Your very welcome Doreen - hope you're feeling a little brighter?

Yes I will sort myself out when I get back but I could do a lot of damage in a month and can't face putting too much on - only having to lose it all over again!! Last week was def not SW friendly - but I'm quite pleased with today:

B: fruit
L: boiled egg salad
T: pizza :rolleyes: salad with tiny bit of mayo mixed with vinegar
Snacks - fruit
Syns- 4 squares of choc - handful of crisps - drinking low cal drinks and fruit teas
Exercise - 30 mins yoga and a bit of walking

I'll pop in when I can & hope everyone is well and sticking to the plan! xx

I know what you mean. I have put on a stone over the last few weeks and am struggling tho` trying to keep positive.
Keep up the yoga and walking upndown, that will help some.
Enjoy rest of hols. xx

It's such a pain, isn't it, Doreen? So easy to put on, then not so easy to lose. I'm taking my mother in law out into the countryside this afternoon and we always end up in a tea-room where, of course, you have to have some cake! Tomorrow I'm meeting up with work mates for lunch in a pub! I have looked on-line to see if there's something on the menu that would fit in with SW but they don't have their own web-site so, no luck there! I did really well last week and have been very good this week, up to now but, there's always something to scupper your plans! :(

Yes, stay positive, Doreen. We all know it's not just a quick fix way of eating so, eventually, I'm sure we'll all succeed, just with a few detours on the way! :D

Enjoy the rest of your day! :)

Kathy xx

Back