NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I had salad yesterday and I must say I enjoyed it. Must have salad cream though. As it takes a while to eat I was surprisingly full. Cloudy was right.

Yay for Salad :) I was really surprised at that too Doreen, it kept me full much longer than a sandwich. I think the trick is to ring the changes, different things with it (chicken, tuna, egg, ham, fish etc) and try and include as many salady things as possible, lots of different colours and textures, so you don't just see it as 'boring salad'. I'm still having it several times a week. I don't like salad cream but use either very light mayonnaise or fat free french dressing.
Mine will probably be an asda salad bowl today :)

Tuesday 26th August - green day

Hexa milk lightg triangle cheeses
hexb 90g ham

B: eggs, beans and small fried potato

L: Made egg & ham patty things. banana and strawberries
Jelly later 1.1/2 with mullerlight

D: roast veg. courgette, toms, carrot, butternut squash, onion. Mashed spud with triangle cheeses. h/e
rest of jelly & mullerlight.

If peckish later I will have some more ham and toms.

Baileys coffee. 4 syns

Total syns 5.1/2............ unless I have more jelly
I had more jelly just because I wanted to eat. So syns are 7.

Better than bread

Last edited:
Watch out that jelly doesn't wobble off the table! Hehe, I love jelly.... all flavours but orange is my absolute fave. I've run out at the moment, must order some more or pick some up next time I go. Your food looks good today. I've had a good food day today... really hoping to lose at least another lb or 1.5 by Friday! :rolleyes:

Watch out that jelly doesn't wobble off the table! Hehe, I love jelly.... all flavours but orange is my absolute fave. I've run out at the moment, must order some more or pick some up next time I go. Your food looks good today. I've had a good food day today... really hoping to lose at least another lb or 1.5 by Friday! :rolleyes:

I have quite enjoyed doing something a bit different. I have had to think about what I am eating.

Jelly. I like lemon and lime with banana in it with mullerlight vanilla. I think I will have lost by Friday too. :eek:

Its good to shake things up a bit - all too easy to fall into eating similar if not the same things each week. I have made a real effort to try at least one 'new' meal each week and look out for things on offer when I go shopping, that I haven't tried before. There are so many recipes on here (Chocko's thread, which I know you participate in is amazing!) I'm not a great cook by any means and definitely not a fan of 'celebrity chef' recipes that need ridiculously obscure ingredients, which you'd use a tiny bit of and then end up slinging when they go out of date, so easy, family friendly recipes are what suits here. :)

I am feeling positive Mandy. Not always getting in 2nd B but am frightened to buy cheese and have not had bread since Thursday. As you know when I start eating sarnies I cannot stop.

Thank you

Wednesday 27th August /////////// green day

Hexa 1 350ml milk. hexa 2 cheese triangles
Hexb 1 100g pork chop hexb 2 ???????????

B: eggs and beans coffee

L: Jacket & beans in cafe. Tasted like McCains so gonna count it (1 syn) Salad and took my own x.lite mayo (1syn)

S: Frozen fruit & mullerlight and Jelly. (1.1/2 syns)

D: 100g Pork chop H/E b. Roast small potatoes. Roast veg - carrots, peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, BNS, Cheese triangles (H/E a
2 bananas

S: 2 mullerlight.

Bedtime Baileys coffee (25ml baileys 4 syns) P,lus another

Syns 11.1/2.

Last edited:
Wednesday 28th August

Hexa Milk
hexb

B: 2 eggs and beans coffee

L: 2 cheese scones & coffee

D: mince, carrot, onion, broccoli & cauli
Frozen fruit & Yogurt

I made some cheese scones with cottage chive & Onion, eggs and smash.
Horrible hot, not bad cold, so had them on my plate instead of potato.
They needed a bit of flavour in them as I could taste the cottage cheese when eating them on their own.
Might try them again with herbs in?

don`t what sort of day this was. No syns at the moment but will at least have a Baileys coffee
4 syns

Mmm, cheese scones! Haven't made those for ages, Doreen! Thanks for reminding me! I usually have them on top of savoury mince, a bit like a cobbler topping and they really soak up the gravy. Know what I'm having next week now! :D And those Bailey's coffees sound yummy too!
Hope you're keeping well, Doreen and good luck for the weigh in tomorrow! :)

Kathy xx

Its good to shake things up a bit - all too easy to fall into eating similar if not the same things each week. I have made a real effort to try at least one 'new' meal each week and look out for things on offer when I go shopping, that I haven't tried before. There are so many recipes on here (Chocko's thread, which I know you participate in is amazing!) I'm not a great cook by any means and definitely not a fan of 'celebrity chef' recipes that need ridiculously obscure ingredients, which you'd use a tiny bit of and then end up slinging when they go out of date, so easy, family friendly recipes are what suits here. :)

Thanks for the support, Cloudy, and the lovely comment. Glad the recipes are helpful to you. Doreen is so lovely to have created that numbered index for me. What a star! :)

Kathy x

Mmm, cheese scones! Haven't made those for ages, Doreen! Thanks for reminding me! I usually have them on top of savoury mince, a bit like a cobbler topping and they really soak up the gravy. Know what I'm having next week now! :D And those Bailey's coffees sound yummy too!
Hope you're keeping well, Doreen and good luck for the weigh in tomorrow! :)

Kathy xx

Thanks Kathy. Sure I have lost something. I had those scones with savoury mince and I preferred them with the gravy. I am going to try them again with garlic and something else. Not sure what yet.

Hello Everyone. I hope you are all fine. I havent been around for a while. My partner came off his motorbike and broke his foot and I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I have started a low carb and high fat diet which is totally different to anything Ive tried. Im still swimming. Ihope everything is well with you Doreen. :)

So sorry to hear about your partners broken foot. Hope it heals real quick,

I have type 2 diabetes too. I was diagnosed in 1994. It was a shock as I had no idea. How did you feel when you were told. I take tablets for mine, Metformin and glipizide. The glipizide really pulls it down. Are you on diet alone or do you have to take tablets too.

I have found that the SW eating plan pretty good. I don`t have much problem with carbs, but more with sweet things. Don`t think I could manage without my carbs.
Funny this should come up today, one of the ladies in class this morning has now been taken off all medication for her diabetes. She has lost 4 stone, with 1stone to go. Great for her.
Hope it goes ok for you. xxx

Got weighed today and lost 4.1/2lbs and got slimmer of the week too.

Friday 29th August RED DAY

Hexa 1 - 350ml skimmed milk Hexa 2 -
Hexb 1 - 230g spud with skin on. Hexb 2 -HiFi bar is 1/2 B

B: 2 rashers bacon and banana.

L: scrambled egg with bacon and rocky road HiFi bar 1/2 hex b

D: Chicken thighs with sw chips (h/e b) and roast veg. i.e courgette, onion, mushroom, toms, BNS, carrot & Peppers.

Hello Everyone. I hope you are all fine. I havent been around for a while. My partner came off his motorbike and broke his foot and I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I have started a low carb and high fat diet which is totally different to anything Ive tried. Im still swimming. Ihope everything is well with you Doreen. :)

Hi there Mo. Sorry to hear about your partners accident, is his foot healing well? I guess that means more Body Magic for you, running around after him?! :)
I don't suffer from diabetes but my mother in law does, and I know she struggled to get things right to begin with. Good luck with your eating plan, I hope it helps you, let us know how it goes.

Got weighed today and lost 4.1/2lbs and got slimmer of the week too.

Woohoo, way to go Nanny D! That's a terrific loss. You'd said you thought you'd lost 'something' but I bet that was a lovely surprise. Slimmer of the week is well deserved.
Food looks good.... guess you stocked up on HiFi bars. Not going to a club I've never tried one but they sound really nice. I have to make do with Alpen Lights which I do really like. :)

Woohoo, way to go Nanny D! That's a terrific loss. You'd said you thought you'd lost 'something' but I bet that was a lovely surprise. Slimmer of the week is well deserved.
Food looks good.... guess you stocked up on HiFi bars. Not going to a club I've never tried one but they sound really nice. I have to make do with Alpen Lights which I do really like. :)

Thank you. I was really over the moon, had not weighed before I left home so really pleased.
The main reason that I got some hifi bars was because on a red day I sometimes don`t know what to do for 2nd B. As the Rocky Road are 1/2 b or 3 syns thought I would take a chance that I would not eat them all at once. That is what I usually do.
I am kinda feeling sort of confident I can stick to plan this week again. Tuesday week I am at Haverhill for 6 days so that could be dangerous. Anyway "One Day At A Time"

Last edited:
Back