NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I agree about cottage cheese. The only way I really enjoy is Cottage cheese & pineapple. Used to be free but no longer. Not the same if you make it yourself.

I have blitzed cottage cheese myself but generally add a little mustard powder which seems to help. Blitz it well, preferably leaving no lumps before you put the egg in it. Good luck.

For a lasagne topping I use egg/eggs and o% nat yogurt with salt & pepper then if I can put cheese on the top of it.

Thats what I am probably gonna do today or tomorrow. It will be a roasted veg lasagne, veg ready to cook, may cook it and make lasagne tomorrow,

I ended up eating crab sticks and strawberries before bed. Not good as I was not in the least bit hungry. Just fabcied eating. Had more than enough for one day. Gonna try and cut down a bit today.
It is 12.30ish, been up 1.1/2 hrs so think I should have breakfast. Egg and beans I think.

I agree about cottage cheese. The only way I really enjoy is Cottage cheese & pineapple. Used to be free but no longer. Not the same if you make it yourself.

I have blitzed cottage cheese myself but generally add a little mustard powder which seems to help. Blitz it well, preferably leaving no lumps before you put the egg in it. Good luck.

For a lasagne topping I use egg/eggs and o% nat yogurt with salt & pepper then if I can put cheese on the top of it.

Thats what I am probably gonna do today or tomorrow. It will be a roasted veg lasagne, veg ready to cook, may cook it and make lasagne tomorrow,

Good suggestion for the sauce for lasagne, if the cottage cheese sauce isn't that nice, I'll try your method. Hope your lasagne is tasty, have you made it before?
Crab sticks and strawberries not too bad at least no syns. Enjoy your breakfast :)

Good suggestion for the sauce for lasagne, if the cottage cheese sauce isn't that nice, I'll try your method. Hope your lasagne is tasty, have you made it before?
Crab sticks and strawberries not too bad at least no syns. Enjoy your breakfast :)

Good job it was no syns or I would have had to be very cross with myself.
I used about 250g yogurt, 2 eggs, salt & pepper. A bit of mustard powder goes good too, but forgot.
Lasagne was lovely, but tastes different each time I have made it.

Monday 1st September ------------GREEN DAY

hexa 1 milk 2 40g low fat cheese
hexb

B: 1/2 tin beans and 2 eggs.

Snack banana & pear.

D: Roasted veg lasagne. BNS, onion, courgette, mushroom. toms, Pasta and 0% yogurt & 2 eggs mixed sauce, 40g cheese h\e a. Eaten with fresh tomatoes.
Jelly & banana with mullerlight.

No meat or bread so no h/e b`s yet.
No syns as yet.

Did you make extra lasagne to freeze for another day Doreen? I love to batch cook for when we need something in a hurry or if I'm just feeling lazy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I made enough for a loaf tin. Had half, the rest tomorrow. Have some roast veg left not in lasagne. May take that for lunch with some pasta when I meet my brother tomorrow.

Upndown your inboix is full.
Hello Doreen is it tomorrow you go away? I hope you have a great trip. Mo

She's still away at the moment Mo but I'm sure she'll see this and clear it out when she's back. I had the same prob lol. :)

Tuesday of next week my babysitting duties start. Will see the new puppy too. Just out with my brother tomorrow.

Lol, our posting at same times must be because we have the same name ;)

Thanks.... I lost 3.5lbs on last weeks challenge, not sure if you'll have seen. So pleased as that got me into the twelves but only by half a pound, so need to do well this week too (despite totm playing games with me!) to get firmly into that stone bracket. Got my three stone award too, yippee. Anyway, sorry, enough blowing my own trumpet.
Glad to hear the journey wasn't too scary, not sure I cold have slept through rough seas! Will keep an eye out for you :)

Hi All - I'm back and just reading thro your posts - still 2 weeks to catch up on but they're inspiring and I can see that Doreen's back on plan with a vengeance and Cloudy's well into the 12s now - Mo seems to be doing well on her new diet - I loved Chocko's post saying how much time we waste obsessing about food!! Bubble's back from hols and sounds very determined!! Hope I can get back on plan really quickly too.

We've had a lovely holiday and on the plus side in the main we ate healthily and I didn't go overboard on choc and those lovely French cakes but I did have lots of treats and altho my clothes still fit they're groaning at the seams. I reckon I've put about a stone over the 4 weeks, but my hubby suggested that I stay off the scales for 2 weeks - I'm taking his advice & going to put the scales in his car to take to work or else I'll be tempted.

Thanks for letting me know Mo - I'll sort it out in a minute - hope you're doing well and your partner's recovering xx

Good tips there Doreen - I'll try them - I love a lasagne but it has to be firm, almost dry - can't bear a slushy one!

Wow this is impressive Doreen - you're really going for it - well done.

I've just found a SW Bolognese sauce in the freezer but afraid to say I can't be bothered to make a lasagne so will have it with spaghetti - I'll post my food later - it's good to be back and lovely to have your thread to catch up on. xx

I ended up eating crab sticks and strawberries before bed. Not good as I was not in the least bit hungry. Just fabcied eating. Had more than enough for one day. Gonna try and cut down a bit today.
It is 12.30ish, been up 1.1/2 hrs so think I should have breakfast. Egg and beans I think.

Know what you mean Doreen but it could have been choc and crisps and ................................. so be proud that you stuck to free food!

Got weighed today and lost 4.1/2lbs and got slimmer of the week too.

Friday 29th August RED DAY

Hexa 1 - 350ml skimmed milk Hexa 2 -
Hexb 1 - 230g spud with skin on. Hexb 2 -HiFi bar is 1/2 B

B: 2 rashers bacon and banana.

L: scrambled egg with bacon and rocky road HiFi bar 1/2 hex b

D: Chicken thighs with sw chips (h/e b) and roast veg. i.e courgette, onion, mushroom, toms, BNS, carrot & Peppers.

Wow Doreen that's great - I'm so pleased for you - that's well deserved and I hope it's motivated you for next week - it's given me a boost too! xx

Wow thats wonderful Doreen! Congratulations slimmer of the week!! Brilliant!! Yes I was shocked when I found out. I am taking the slw release metformin twice a day. The low carb high fat is certainly different but Im quite enjoying it and Ive started to lose weight again. Yes lots of body magic looking after OH. Thank you Cloudy for the kind message. It s good to be back posting on your thread. Thank you Doreen. :)

I hope you're managing your diabetes and your doctor's pleased with your progress - hopefully the weight you're losing will be a healthy bonus too.

That upndown is very quiet! I do hope she's not eaten too many yummy French gateau and then been stopped by the Gendarmes for running around naked!! ;)

I'm rather stuffed but not with cake. My neighbour kindly gave us a big box of apples and pears from their trees and the pears are delicious. A few are a bit bruised and won't keep long, so I've eaten three (minus the battered bits). My tum is going to be gurgly all afternoon now! X

Ha Ha - The reason I was quiet was that the wifi on hols was unreliable - a bit frustrating at times but couldn't complain as we were in a very rural area and the owners of the gite were so hospitable and very kind.

I'm back home now and not quite reduced to going nude but some of my clothes are tight!! It's great to be catching up on your posts - and it feels like coming back home!

Lovely to have fresh fruit for free - the chateau owners gave us piles of veg and fruit to come home with plus a bottle of champagne - we'll eat the food soon but will hold back on the bottle!

Last edited:
I made a big boo boo yesterday. I bought six pack of hi fi bars rocky road. Plus there was a six syn bar in the slimmer of week basket. I bought the rocky road thinking I could have one as h/eb in the evening. Well I did, but I ate them all. :eek:

Ended up having 25syns. Will cover that extra 10 within 3 days. Oh dear.

Well done for the confession and stopping just with the bars - sometimes when I start eating syns I find it hard to stop!! But at least the bars have lots of fibre (not always a good idea in quantity :eek:)

Back