NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Quickie post as I really need to get to bed.... but great going on your food today upndown, its so hard getting back to it after a holiday, so I'd say that's a good start!

Lettuce is supposed to be good for helping you sleep doreen, maybe you could munch some before bed lol.
Night night ladies, I need my bed! catch up tomorrow xx

I did sleep better last night, best sleep for ages. Maybe it is the lettuce.
I am waking up so must go to bed now.

Goodnight again xx

I did sleep better last night, best sleep for ages. Maybe it is the lettuce.
I am waking up so must go to bed now.

Goodnight again xx

Night Night Doreen xx

Night, night - perhaps I should go and munch on the green stuff - I'm feeling tired but can't sleep - so came back on here!!

I'm sitting in bed waiting for the tens machine to work its magic on my poor old bod, it's paying me back for all the trips up and down the stairs and ladder today.
Hope you soon get to sleep hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Have had a funny/different day today. Started off by going to the craft club in the library. Very enjoyable.
Then I came home and inspected the front garden. What a transformation. Worth the £20 as I did not want to do it myself. Has encouraged me to do the back now, Loads of weeds.

Had lunch and was falling asleep in the chair from 2am (must have been the lettuce Cloudy) in the enf decided to go to bed. That was 4pm. Woke up at 6.50 thinking it was morning and deciding whether to get up or not. Then realised it was evening. I hate it when that happens but must have needed the sleep. Am still feeling tired so will try and not go to bed too late.

Food for today not really red or green,

Hexa milk
hexb

B: eggs, bacon, mushroom and tomatoes. This was about 7am.

L: Lettuce with pineapple, onion, baby beets, boiled eggs x 2, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar for dressing with 15m x l mayo (1 syn)

D: none really, not hungry jelly with fruit and mullerlight. (1.1/2 Syns)

Total 2.1/2 syns Weigh day tomorrow.

Have had a funny/different day today. Started off by going to the craft club in the library. Very enjoyable.
Then I came home and inspected the front garden. What a transformation. Worth the £20 as I did not want to do it myself. Has encouraged me to do the back now, Loads of weeds.

Had lunch and was falling asleep in the chair from 2am (must have been the lettuce Cloudy) in the enf decided to go to bed. That was 4pm. Woke up at 6.50 thinking it was morning and deciding whether to get up or not. Then realised it was evening. I hate it when that happens but must have needed the sleep. Am still feeling tired so will try and not go to bed too late.

Hexa milk
hexb

L: Lettuce with pineapple, onion, baby beets, boiled eggs x 2, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar for dressing with 15m x l mayo (1 syn)

Great that you are pleased with the garden. Will he be coming back to do more or did he blitz it all in one go? Oh to have the stamina to do that but these days I try not to overdo the gardening stints or I suffer for it big time :(

You must have been really tired to sleep that long, hope it doesn't mean you're up again at three in the morning or something! Lol at the lettuce. I had salad for lunch too, took me ages to munch through my tupperware containerful!
Sleep well hun :)

He will come back if I wish but limited income may not allow. At least not too soon. Hoping for some good weather this weekend then maybe I will get to do the back garden over a couple of days. I want to do it myself to help to keep me supple. I do enjoy it when all done.
Am going to Haverhill to help with the children as DIL going away and son working and I don`t want the garden to look bad when I come back. As always I will be tired after getting up in the mornings and taking children to school. Mind you as I will be pretty much in charge I think there will be no late nights for all of us.
I am always very tired and aching when I come back. Love it though.

Hexa milk
hexb

As you say Doreen - you must have needed that rest but it does disorientate us when we sleep in the day!! So you ended up with a light food day - handy just before weigh in - I hope you have more energy 2moro and that your weigh in goes well. Glad to hear the garden is looking good! xx

Hi again - here's how my food went today - green day for a change:

B: magic porage (HEB) and frozen berries
L: boiled egg salad, spot of mayo mixed with white vinegar (1 syn?) slice bread (HEB) (again - not much in after hols until I do the food shop!) 2 pears
T: SW cheese (HEA) & potato cake and baked beans, HP sauce 1 syn, ice cream in cornet 10 syns?
Snacks: banana & pear
SYNS = 12?

Hi again - here's how my food went today - green day for a change:

B: magic porage (HEB) and frozen berries
L: boiled egg salad, spot of mayo mixed with white vinegar (1 syn?) slice bread (HEB) (again - not much in after hols until I do the food shop!) 2 pears
T: SW cheese (HEA) & potato cake and baked beans, HP sauce 1 syn, ice cream in cornet 10 syns?
Snacks: banana & pear
SYNS = 12?

This really is my last post tonight but great reining in on the foodage Linda, much admiration on that after a month away.
Right, I'm outa here. Sleep well xx

I thought I had to lose 2.1/2lbs to get back to 2stone loss again. It was 1.1/2 I needed and I lost 1.1/2.

:wee: So I have now lost 2stone. No matter how long it has taken I am there again. Hence the stickers

Friday 5th September RED DAY

hexa`s milk
hexb`s 230g potatoes x 2

B: potatoes and x l mayo in class this morning (1 syn)

L; jelly with mixed fruit in and mullerlight (1.1/2 syns)

S: ham & fresh pineapple.

D: minced beef, onion, carrots, cauli, broccoli. oxo, tom puree. Sliced potatoes on top.
Fruit & yogurt. 100gextra potato (4 syns)

Baileys coffee 4 syns

Total 10.1/2 syns. Make that 15. hand slipped with the Baileys - no really

Last edited:
I thought I had to lose 2.1/2lbs to get back to 2stone loss again. It was 1.1/2 I needed and I lost 1.1/2.

:wee: So I have now lost 2stone. No matter how long it has taken I am there again. Hence the stickers

Woohoo, we love to see new shiny stickers :)

Wow Fantastic!!!!! Well done Nanny Doreen thats brilliant news. A fantastic weight loss:)

Oh Doreen - I'm so pleased for you - you've worked so hard to get your 2 stone award back - I really admire your sticking power!! I hope that's left you feeling high as a kite or perhaps a spring chicken??

:queen::queen::queen::superwoman::superwoman::superwoman::clap::clap::clap::wow::wow::wow::winner::winner::winner::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper::party0011::party0011::party0011:

Friday 5th September RED DAY

hexa`s milk
hexb`s 230g potatoes x 2

B: potatoes and x l mayo in class this morning (1 syn)

L; jelly with mixed fruit in and mullerlight (1.1/2 syns)

S: ham & fresh pineapple.

D: minced beef, onion, carrots, cauli, broccoli. oxo, tom puree. Sliced potatoes on top.
Fruit & yogurt. 100gextra potato (4 syns)

Baileys coffee 4 syns

Total 10.1/2 syns.

Well you're on a roll now - looks like you're going to have your 3rd successive successful week! That's inspiring for me and helping me stick to the plan - so thanks for that.

I'm late tonight - visitors arrived - we had a lovely evening and Owen (2) was lots of fun but he didn't want to go to bed!

Here's how my food went today:

B: fat free yogurt and a banana
L: egg sandwich (HEB) and salad and a pear and an orange
T: SW chicken wrapped in bacon with stuffing (3 syns?) with roasted courgettes, onions, carrots and steamed broccoli and new potatoes. I didn't do a dessert as it's only me that has a sweet tooth! But they had cheese and biscuits - I resisted.

Then out came the pretzels and nuts - again I abstained but I had a little bag of nuts, seeds and dried fruit - (6.5syns)

Snacks: orange, banana and a pear (eating a lot of fruit to stop the hunger pangs but will try to cut down next week)

Went for a hill walk (shattered afterwards) then some gardening followed by frantic bed changing and cleaning!!

Hope everyone's been on plan and has a good weekendxx

Well you're on a roll now - looks like you're going to have your 3rd successive successful week! That's inspiring for me and helping me stick to the plan - so thanks for that.

I'm late tonight - visitors arrived - we had a lovely evening and Owen (2) was lots of fun but he didn't want to go to bed!

T: SW chicken wrapped in bacon with stuffing (3 syns?) with roasted courgettes, onions, carrots and steamed broccoli and new potatoes. I didn't do a dessert as it's only me that has a sweet tooth! But they had cheese and biscuits - I resisted.

Then out came the pretzels and nuts - again I abstained but I had a little bag of nuts, seeds and dried fruit - (6.5syns)

Snacks: orange, banana and a pear (eating a lot of fruit to stop the hunger pangs but will try to cut down next week)

Went for a hill walk (shattered afterwards) then some gardening followed by frantic bed changing and cleaning!!

Sounds like some good body magic followed that resistance of the cheese and biscuits. I always find them hard to resist as I adore cheese but the cals can very quickly add up with cheese/biscuits/nibbles type of thing!! I'm best avoiding it altogether as a little just isn't satisfying and I'd splurge, then regret it!
Giggled at Owen not wanting to miss out, you can't blame him really :)

Oh Doreen - I'm so pleased for you - you've worked so hard to get your 2 stone award back - I really admire your sticking power!! I hope that's left you feeling high as a kite or perhaps a spring chicken??

:queen::queen::queen::superwoman::superwoman::superwoman::clap::clap::clap::wow::wow::wow::winner::winner::winner::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper::party0011::party0011::party0011:

What a smashing reply. Thank you so much Upndown. I must say it did encourage me even more. Hope I can be as good next week with the children. I am sure I can.

A good day. Always harder with company. Well done on resisting cheese and biscuits. I may get weighed WED, don`t know yet. I am glad I am giving you inspiration. :)

Back