NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hi all. For myself this weekend Cloudy I am going out for breakfast in the morning with the neighbour who I was taking to hospital to visit her husband. Bless her, she wants to take me out for a meal as a thank you and we decided to go to garden centre for one of their lovely breakfasts. Can be done pretty close to sw too.

Had a phone call from one of my sisters to say that us 4 girls are to go out for lunch on the 6th November as a birthday celebration for me. It will be in Norfolk at a lovely place we have been to before. 2 of my sisters live nr each other so I will stay with one of them for probably for 4 days or so. Looking forward to it.
that's something really nice to look forward to Doreen - it's really good to have u back posting xx

Thx for looking - not hiding - just busy with the family - 11 for tea last night and dishwasher chose a great week to break down - everyone helps tho'. Then son and DiL went out - Owen was unsettled so I went to bed early and slept with him!

Oh yes, forgot you had Owen overnight too. Aw, nice to cuddle but they do wriggle a lot! Lol. Enjoy the rest of your family weekend :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I am feeling so bl**dy useless. I really binged last night `sigh sigh`

Decided to have a ham sarnie in the evening, BIG MISTAKE, HUGE.
Ended up eating a pack of cheese, 32 syns, 8 slices of bread, 20 syns, small pot runny honey - oh I don`t know what that is.

Had a weeks syns in a day. :break_diet: :cry: How on earth do I get over that. A certain gain on Friday.

Today

B; 1/2 tin beans on 2 toast
L: Veg lasagne M&S 2syns fresh tomatoes.
D: chicken, broccoli, cauli, spuds roast in frylight,
Gravy grans 2 syns
Frozen fruit & yogurt.

Then an early night. Ifr I thought I could sleep all night I would go to bed now. why why why!!!!!!!

I bought 3 pks of lasagne because I love it with tomatoes. At 2 syns each I don`t see the point in freezing them.
I guess I will have to be syn free other than them. I could just scream.

Run out of pens so can`t draw yet another line.

Don't worry about trying to claw back syns all week or you'll risk feeling deprived for meals during week. Just write it off and move on from here.
Do you know what triggered it? Had something happened? Were you actually hungry? Tired? Sometimes it helps to know why a binge started, sometimes there's no real reason. Happens to us all Doreen, don't feel it's just you. Xx

Don't worry about trying to claw back syns all week or you'll risk feeling deprived for meals during week. Just write it off and move on from here.
Do you know what triggered it? Had something happened? Were you actually hungry? Tired? Sometimes it helps to know why a binge started, sometimes there's no real reason. Happens to us all Doreen, don't feel it's just you. Xx

I think having the first sandwich which was within syns triggered the bread eating, then saw the cheese. I think I should not buy it unless I plan to do red and green days as I did before. I do reckon it was the bread in the evening tho. Not hungry but tired and was dozing in chair then suddenly felt awake so decided to eat. Should have had the frozen fruit.
I can`t claw it back can I? Maybe I should walk up the road where there are no shops, even if only a stroll. I did clear the weeds and path in the front, so that is some body magic I guess.

I am feeling disappointed with myself but not sorry for myself. Maybe I was feeling a bit lonesome.
I am going to weigh myself when I get dressed in the morning. I don`t think in fact am sure it won`t make me eat, but may help to see what scales have to say.

Thanks for your reply Cloudy. xx :) Oh - it did help typing out what I had done and seeing it in print, makes me realise what I had done.

Yes it can help me to type it out in a way that hopefully explains it up someone else. Itskes me see it for what is is and once I've 'told' I feel I can move on. It sure won't undo it by dwelling on it, so best to learn from our mistakes and move on from
that point. Xx

I am feeling so bl**dy useless. I really binged last night `sigh sigh`

Decided to have a ham sarnie in the evening, BIG MISTAKE, HUGE.
Ended up eating a pack of cheese, 32 syns, 8 slices of bread, 20 syns, small pot runny honey - oh I don`t know what that is.

Had a weeks syns in a day. :break_diet: :cry: How on earth do I get over that. A certain gain on Friday.

Today

B; 1/2 tin beans on 2 toast
L: Veg lasagne M&S 2syns fresh tomatoes.
D: chicken, broccoli, cauli, spuds roast in frylight,
Gravy grans 2 syns
Frozen fruit & yogurt.

Then an early night. Ifr I thought I could sleep all night I would go to bed now. why why why!!!!!!!

I bought 3 pks of lasagne because I love it with tomatoes. At 2 syns each I don`t see the point in freezing them.
I guess I will have to be syn free other than them. I could just scream.

Run out of pens so can`t draw yet another line.

Think u and I are in the same place at the moment but u can have another line - someone will always have ink in their pen for u - here we go - one with spaces for so it's not too restrictive ------------------------------------------------------------- u'll see it's nice and long too!!

I agree with Cloudy just start again - cut down on Syns if u want or can do but if that feels too much - just have some - if ur like me if things get too strict - that just brings in another binge!

Keep posting as much as u can - we'll support u - u've done so well lately - just proves u can do it - but we all fall off the straight and narrow u know - that's what got us here in the first place!!! don't stay mad with urself pls!!! Lot Of xxxxxxxxxxxxx cos I can't get the nice graphics on my iPad grr!

Well I had a lovely weekend with the family and had a few extra visitors who popped in to see Son, DiL and Owen - did ok Friday and Sat but Sunday was a complete failure - a pity cos I was fine up to 6 pm then had a choc fest - like Doreen I can't pull back the Syns!! I even ate the last 8 squares of choc for b'fast today oh dear!

Just decided to do the soup challenge - the get fit level - a bit easier than the turbo level and to be honest I'm not confident I can do that - but will give it a damned good try.

Hope today is better for u Doreen too - will pop in to check on u and selfishly that will help me too - cos I can't support u if I'm stuffing my face can I?? Shall we go for it together??

Think u and I are in the same place at the moment but u can have another line - someone will always have ink in their pen for u - here we go - one with spaces for so it's not too restrictive ------------------------------------------------------------- u'll see it's nice and long too!!

I agree with Cloudy just start again - cut down on Syns if u want or can do but if that feels too much - just have some - if ur like me if things get too strict - that just brings in another binge!

Keep posting as much as u can - we'll support u - u've done so well lately - just proves u can do it - but we all fall off the straight and narrow u know - that's what got us here in the first place!!! don't stay mad with urself pls!!! Lot Of xxxxxxxxxxxxx cos I can't get the nice graphics on my iPad grr!

Well I had a lovely weekend with the family and had a few extra visitors who popped in to see Son, DiL and Owen - did ok Friday and Sat but Sunday was a complete failure - a pity cos I was fine up to 6 pm then had a choc fest - like Doreen I can't pull back the Syns!! I even ate the last 8 squares of choc for b'fast today oh dear!

Just decided to do the soup challenge - the get fit level - a bit easier than the turbo level and to be honest I'm not confident I can do that - but will give it a damned good try.

Hope today is better for u Doreen too - will pop in to check on u and selfishly that will help me too - cos I can't support u if I'm stuffing my face can I?? Shall we go for it together??

Glad you had a good weekend with family, I do like to catch up.
I am feeling much better today. Had a good day yesterday. I don`y think I have put it down. Will do in a mo.
Thanks for the broken line too.
I have not mentioned the bar of chocolate I ate the day before the binge. Thought I would keep that one quiet. Didn`t work did it? Won`t do that again.

Thanks all for your support. Without minis I wouldn`t have anyone to tell.

Slimming class doesn`t seem to give time to the mistakes we make unless you can catch C before new members talk. When she goes round the room now, she says before she starts, forget about last week this is a new one.
Some of us need to talk but she has 80 members going through on a Friday now and that takes an hour so don`t give her too much time. Having said that she has said to me to ring her if I am down and we maybe could meet for coffee. I don`t want to sound too hard as she is lovely. Maybe I could go to the Thursday class, it is a bit smaller.

Anyway am good at the moment.

Goodness, don`t I go on.

Food for Sunday 5th October

B: 1/2 tin beans, 2 eggs and toast H/e

D: 3 chicken thighs, roast spud (in frylight) runners, broccoli & cauli. Gravy 3 tsps granules (3syns)

T: M&S veg lasagne (2syns) and fresh vine tomatoes.
Strawberries and yogurt with white options in it (2syns)

Butterscotch/chocolate options before bed (2 syns)

3 bananas & 3 pears during the day and lots coffee h/e

TOTAL SYNS 9

Did I put this on twice??

Last edited:
Thanks all for your support. Without minis I wouldn`t have anyone to talk to

Ah but that is precisely why I love my Mins friends. They UNDERSTAND! We're all going through the same things, maybe not at the same time but know that last week it was us and next week it could well be us again that is struggling. So, talk away, we really don't mind and it helps us all, knowing that we have similar struggles.

Goodness, don`t I go on

Yeah you do, can't you be more concise? :-D

Obviously I'm JOKING!! I'm the worlds worst for going on, I'm surprised Minimins haven't banned me for talking too much, using up all their server space!
You talk all you want, lovely, we don't mind a bit :) xx

Hi Doreen just been reading through your diary your doing well my love. I seem to have lost my way lately and am practically back to where I started put on more weight am considering starting back up again lol
Keep going and well done xx

Glad you had a good weekend with family, I do like to catch up.
I am feeling much better today. Had a good day yesterday. I don`y think I have put it down. Will do in a mo.
Thanks for the broken line too.
I have not mentioned the bar of chocolate I ate the day before the binge. Thought I would keep that one quiet. Didn`t work did it? Won`t do that again.

Thanks all for your support. Without minis I wouldn`t have anyone to tell.

Slimming class doesn`t seem to give time to the mistakes we make unless you can catch C before new members talk. When she goes round the room now, she says before she starts, forget about last week this is a new one.
Some of us need to talk but she has 80 members going through on a Friday now and that takes an hour so don`t give her too much time. Having said that she has said to me to ring her if I am down and we maybe could meet for coffee. I don`t want to sound too hard as she is lovely. Maybe I could go to the Thursday class, it is a bit smaller.

Anyway am good at the moment.

Glad to hear ur feeling good today - and if I were you I'd take up ur consultant's offer to meet for coffee - you'd enjoy it I'm sure and she'll get a chance to get to know u and ur needs better - she does well to have such a big class but it must be hard for her to give individuals the time they want to talk. You've been a loyal member and paid a fair amount of fees so go on - you know you want to!!

Also I think it'd be a good idea to switch to the Thursday class. I have a confession - which I'll reveal when I post my food later !! xx

Sorry to hear you've been feeling down lately, Doreen. Must admit, I think Upndown's advice is very good and you should go for a coffee. Wow! Eighty in a group is huge! I imagine it starts to lack any personal touch when it's that big so, a move to a smaller group sounds like it would be beneficial. Also, if you go for that coffee, you can explain that it's nothing personal that you are toying with the idea of moving group.

I've not done well lately either. Just so busy at work with a new Head-teacher coming down heavy on every minute detail and, by the time I get in, I just want something simple, without any thought going into it! As for batch cooking healthy food at the weekend, I'm too tired to be bothered! To top it all, my cookers packed up!! Going to visit a friend though at half-term, who I haven't seen for over a year and I just know she'll notice I've put weight back on again! Better get myself better organised and stick to it again! :D

Really hope you feel more like your old self again very soon, Doreen. At least you've plenty of good friends on here! xx

Sorry to hear you've been feeling down lately, Doreen. Must admit, I think Upndown's advice is very good and you should go for a coffee. Wow! Eighty in a group is huge! I imagine it starts to lack any personal touch when it's that big so, a move to a smaller group sounds like it would be beneficial. Also, if you go for that coffee, you can explain that it's nothing personal that you are toying with the idea of moving group.

I've not done well lately either. Just so busy at work with a new Head-teacher coming down heavy on every minute detail and, by the time I get in, I just want something simple, without any thought going into it! As for batch cooking healthy food at the weekend, I'm too tired to be bothered! To top it all, my cookers packed up!! Going to visit a friend though at half-term, who I haven't seen for over a year and I just know she'll notice I've put weight back on again! Better get myself better organised and stick to it again! :D

Really hope you feel more like your old self again very soon, Doreen. At least you've plenty of good friends on here! xx

Thanks Kathy. Actually it is the same consultant on a Thursday, so no explanation really needed. I popped to her evening class this evening, just got back. 7.30pm. Just to listen to others and their problems and of course their successes.
Head teachers can be a pain when they get heavy. Hope she lightens up soon. (hey put her on sw plan) :rolleyes:
Enjoy your time away Kathy. Maybe make a fresh start when you get back. Take care..xx

Thanks, Doreen and thanks for your continued support with the index. Even the content of that thread is sparse at the moment, due to work! :D

Kathy xx

Glad to hear ur feeling good today - and if I were you I'd take up ur consultant's offer to meet for coffee - you'd enjoy it I'm sure and she'll get a chance to get to know u and ur needs better - she does well to have such a big class but it must be hard for her to give individuals the time they want to talk. You've been a loyal member and paid a fair amount of fees so go on - you know you want to!!

Also I think it'd be a good idea to switch to the Thursday class. I have a confession - which I'll reveal when I post my food later !! xx
I am so intrigued.

Here is my food for today. No naughties so far

MONDAY 6TH October

B: bacon, eggs mushrooms 2 toast h/e

D: chicken stew. 2 drumsticks, spuds, swede carrot peas sweetcorn oxo cubes Spuds.

T: M&S roasted veg lasagne (5 syns) with fresh tomatoes - I really enjoy this
Strawberries and yogurt with a little sweetener. & Options (2syns)

Fruit during the day. 3 bananas & 2 pears
Enough coffee to use up 350ml of milk - by the time I go to bed.
Plus options drink (2syns)

total 9 syns

Last edited:
Thanks, Doreen and thanks for your continued support with the index. Even the content of that thread is sparse at the moment, due to work! :D

Kathy xx

That`s ok Kathy. If you need break for a while just leave it for a bit. There is such a lot to be going on with.

Here's my food for the day. My confession Doreen is that I ate 8 pieces of choc without even thinking b4 b'fast - so didn't have any b'fast then came on Minis for inspiration then decided to do the soup challenge - so the choc was a BAD start!!

L: broccoli soup, fruit salad
T: lamb steak, mange tout, carrots and cabbage with mint sauce, fat free strawb yog
Snack: apple
half an hour's DVD workout
those naughty 8 squares of choc! 12syns grrrr!

I am so intrigued.

Here is my food for today. No naughties so far

MONDAY 6TH October

B: bacon, eggs mushrooms 2 toast h/e

D: chicken stew. 2 drumsticks, spuds, swede carrot peas sweetcorn oxo cubes Spuds.

T: M&S roasted veg lasagne (2 syns) with fresh tomatoes - I really enjoy this
Strawberries and yogurt with a little sweetener.

Fruit during the day. 3 bananas & 2 pears
Enough coffee to use up 350ml of milk - by the time I go to bed.

total 2 syns

a great day's food Doreen - doesn't it feel so much better when we're on plan? Wonder if u'll have ur Syns today? Glad u went to class today - it does give us a lift doesn't it? Hope tomorrow goes as well for us both - remember I'll be popping in to see u again 2moro - hopefully there'll be no more confessions!!

Back