NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Tuesday 7th October

B: eggs bacon mush toast. 1 extra toast (2.1/2)

L; bubble & squeak with spud and left over broc & cauli. 2 e/l cheese triangles, (2 syns)fresh tomatoes & ham.
2 pears.

D: Quorn peppered steak (not had one of these before) roast veg & bns chips.
strawberries.

2 pears.

Well that didn`t work out. No more quorn for me. I had my last lasagne with the bns & carrot chips & runners. So another 5 syns.

total 9.1/2 syns.

Your food looks good - what went wrong with the Quorn steak - or didn't you like it? I've not tried those I've avoided them, thinking they might be a bit rubbery!! But I lovee the Quorn mince in a chilli recipe I have - no-one I've served it too cna tell the difference (or they're too polite to tell me!) Happy to pass the recipe if you or anyone would like it!

Here's my food for day 2 on the soup challenge:

B: proper fat free yog today!
L: leftover broccoli soup from yesterday - 2 pears
T: cheese omelette (HEA) salad - more real fat free yog - 2 apples
HEA ss milk in coffees
Syns - 10 syns - ice cream - lovely but didn't really need it - only bought it cos Poppy wanted one!

Not a lot of food for me and suprisingly I wasn't at all hungry - long may it last!! Hope everyone's ok - Mo's been quiet - hope she's ok?

Had posted this on Cloudy`s thread by mistake. Have copied to here so I know where it is,

Wednesday 8th October.

B: bacon mush and 2 toast 2 coffee 1 apple

L: Bacon sarni (5 syns) with baked beans. 2 bananas. coffee

D: beef casserole carrots. Runner beans, broccoli& boiled spuds.. gravy (1syn)
Strawberrys, Pineapple & yogurt.

Maybe options before I go to bed or in yogurt (2 syns)

Total 8 syns

Glad ur shower is fixed at a good price - ours has gone down now - leaked thro to kitchen floor! Hubby says it's the shower drain pipe which is behind the tiles - we were planning to refit the bathroom after Christmas why couldn't it have lasted until then? Oh well good I enjoy a bath - but rarely have them!

boo to the hidden Syns but ur right I shd have checked b4 eating it!

Oh no to your shower problems too! I'd lend you my plumber but its a long way for him to come! lol Hope its not done too much damage! When we moved to this house two years ago, we found the old ensuite shower had been slowly leaking for goodness knows how long, it was DISGUSTING when we finally pulled it all out. We ended up completely fitting both that and the other bathroom, cost a small fortune but its much nicer now and did make the house feel more 'ours'.
I rarely bath either, prefer a refreshing morning shower to wake me up lol. :D

Your food looks good - what went wrong with the Quorn steak - or didn't you like it? I've not tried those I've avoided them, thinking they might be a bit rubbery!! But I lovee the Quorn mince in a chilli recipe I have - no-one I've served it too cna tell the difference (or they're too polite to tell me!) Happy to pass the recipe if you or anyone would like it!

Here's my food for day 2 on the soup challenge:

B: proper fat free yog today!
L: leftover broccoli soup from yesterday - 2 pears
T: cheese omelette (HEA) salad - more real fat free yog - 2 apples
HEA ss milk in coffees
Syns - 10 syns - ice cream - lovely but didn't really need it - only bought it cos Poppy wanted one!

Not a lot of food for me and suprisingly I wasn't at all hungry - long may it last!! Hope everyone's ok - Mo's been quiet - hope she's ok?

I just didn`t like it. Not sure why though. It was very peppery but that does not usually bother me.

Not a lot of food for you, but as you say soup is filling. I must start doing my BNS/carrot again very soon.
Do you have a soup maker or do it in pan?

I have looked up on line Tesco Everyday Value Low Fat Yogurt and it says FREE. I am going to get somebody to check for me in case I am looking wrong again. It is only 45p for 500g. Hope it is free.

Would be grateful if somebody would check for me. I just put in Tesco then yogurt.

Well that didn`t work out. No more quorn for me. I had my last lasagne with the bns & carrot chips & runners. So another 5 syns.

total 9.1/2 syns.

I guess you didn't like the quorn steak then? Sorry, I don't find them too bad, quite filling and easy to keep in the fridge but can understand they aren't to everyones taste. Your lasagne sounds much nicer I agree lol. Hmm, that reminds me, I really should go out and pick MORE runner beans lol, we're getting over run by them but I do love them fresh from the garden. Our neighbours don't mind having them left on their doorstep either, they both have children, so freebies are always used. :)

I just didn`t like it. Not sure why though. It was very peppery but that does not usually bother me.

Not a lot of food for you, but as you say soup is filling. I must start doing my BNS/carrot again very soon.

I have looked up on line Tesco Everyday Value Low Fat Yogurt and it says FREE. I am going to get somebody to check for me in case I am looking wrong again. It is only 45p for 500g. Hope it is free.

Would be grateful if somebody would check for me. I just put in Tesco then yogurt.

Ah, you've replied here to the other Linda hehe, but that's fine, we're almost interchangeable :)
I had soup again today too, I do find it quite filling, especially if I only half liquidize it and leave lots of lovely big chunks of vegetables. I like to make it quite spicy too, especially when its a wet miserable day like today. We've had a short blue sky break and now I can see huge black clouds looming again, so think we're in for another downpour. :rolleyes:

sorry I can't help with the looking up, I don't belong to SW online any more but miss it sometimes for a quick lookup. I do have a little snack booklet but I think its not very up to date now.

Am I getting confused because my age says I am an old lady??? No of course not I just forget who I am replying to. As you say we are interchangeable.

Hi everyone - hope you've all had a good day - here's my effort:

B: real fat free yog! fruit salad
L: spinach and celery soup, 2 apples
T: lamb steak, carrots, cabbage and broccoli
Syns: 8 - choc
HEA: ss milk in coffee
HEB: sweetcorn

Had posted this on Cloudy`s thread by mistake. Have copied to here so I know where it is,

Wednesday 8th October.

B: bacon mush and 2 toast 2 coffee 1 apple

L: Bacon sarni (5 syns) with baked beans. 2 bananas. coffee

D: beef casserole carrots. Runner beans, broccoli& boiled spuds.. gravy (1syn)
Strawberrys, Pineapple & yogurt.

Maybe options before I go to bed or in yogurt (2 syns)

Total 8 syns

Another good day in the bag Doreen - no wonder u were ready to lend the line out!! Here's to a good day for us all 2moro xx

Ah, you've replied here to the other Linda hehe, but that's fine, we're almost interchangeable :)
I had soup again today too, I do find it quite filling, especially if I only half liquidize it and leave lots of lovely big chunks of vegetables. I like to make it quite spicy too, especially when its a wet miserable day like today. We've had a short blue sky break and now I can see huge black clouds looming again, so think we're in for another downpour. :rolleyes:

sorry I can't help with the looking up, I don't belong to SW online any more but miss it sometimes for a quick lookup. I do have a little snack booklet but I think its not very up to date now.

Hi my interchangeable friend - thx for sending the rain + lightening and thunder this way!! Will catch up on ur diary later - Poppy's staying tonight but she can't settle because of the storm - so will have to go up and sort her out! See you in a mo x

Sorry Doreen I can't help - I'm not a member any more - perhaps you cd ring your consultant? Or ask at class if you're going tomorrow - good luck with WI if you are! xx

Oh no to your shower problems too! I'd lend you my plumber but its a long way for him to come! lol Hope its not done too much damage! When we moved to this house two years ago, we found the old ensuite shower had been slowly leaking for goodness knows how long, it was DISGUSTING when we finally pulled it all out. We ended up completely fitting both that and the other bathroom, cost a small fortune but its much nicer now and did make the house feel more 'ours'.
I rarely bath either, prefer a refreshing morning shower to wake me up lol. :D

Luckily, altho it flooded the kitchen - it's dried out - hubby is v good with DIY so he pulled it all apart and dried it up with a heater! Looking forward to a new bathroom - we've lived here for 30 years and changed it about 10 years ago and with 3 lads growing up it's taken a bashing over the that time!

Oh yes!! Day Three and it should be getting easier (relatively) now. I've been wondering how you got on today, for me the third day is the turning point. After that I refuse to give in on a week long challenge, or it seems like I've wasted the effort. Maybe doesn't work for everyone but it does me :rolleyes:

Another good day in the bag Doreen - no wonder u were ready to lend the line out!! Here's to a good day for us all 2moro xx

We're all good today. No lines needed this evening :) even though Doreen tried to lead me astray with a whiff of her bacon sarnie!

Hi my interchangeable friend - thx for sending the rain + lightening and thunder this way!! Will catch up on ur diary later - Poppy's staying tonight but she can't settle because of the storm - so will have to go up and sort her out! See you in a mo x

Oh no, that's not fun if she doesn't like it. I LOVE a good storm but we haven't actually had any here, only heavy rain this morning and mostly grey and cloudy this afternoon, with a few showers thrown in for good measure. Hope you don't snuggle in with her and fall asleep, lol, that's what happens to me if I cuddle in with my grandson for too long!
I've gotta go sort out the kitchen and empty the dishwasher, then I'm heading to bed but usually take my phone with me so will pop back later. Night night Poppy, sleep well :) x

Oh yes!! Day Three and it should be getting easier (relatively) now. I've been wondering how you got on today, for me the third day is the turning point. After that I refuse to give in on a week long challenge, or it seems like I've wasted the effort. Maybe doesn't work for everyone but it does me :rolleyes:

We're all good today. No lines needed this evening :) even though Doreen tried to lead me astray with a whiff of her bacon sarnie!

Oh no, that's not fun if she doesn't like it. I LOVE a good storm but we haven't actually had any here, only heavy rain this morning and mostly grey and cloudy this afternoon, with a few showers thrown in for good measure. Hope you don't snuggle in with her and fall asleep, lol, that's what happens to me if I cuddle in with my grandson for too long!
I've gotta go sort out the kitchen and empty the dishwasher, then I'm heading to bed but usually take my phone with me so will pop back later. Night night Poppy, sleep well :) x

Yes Day 3 and I'm feeling ok - daren't say I've cracked it tho' in case I break the spell! Pops is snoring away now - she likes to listen to an old relaxation cd I have - but she likes to go to sleep befor e the desert island bit is mentioned (about 10 mins in) it seems to work every time! Night,Night allxx

I agree, as soon as I myself think I'm doing ok, I go and ruin it lol. I'm just thinking one day at a time at the moment :)
Glad Poppy got off to sleep and fingers crossed the weather quitens down. Sleep well xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Really good food day there. I would really miss the potatoes though.

Not enough good days to counteract my big binge. Scales not moving unfortunately. Day by day eh? That`s all we can do.

I love a good storm too. Not had one here for ages. Just the rain.
I love a cuddle. :) Could do with one now. It is 6am and I have been up since 2.30. Even done the washing and dried some in the dryer. I am gonna be tired later. I am hungry but have had 2 coffee and a pineapple that I had cut and left in the fridge last night. Really want some bacon but am not having that at the mo. Too early. About 9am will do. May try and get some sleep now.
Must try not to influence folk with my bacon.
I like to get passed 3 days too, but not gonna make any difference this week. Or did I already so that. I am getting old!

Oh gosh Doreen, you were up early!! Good job you resisted the bacon, you'd have had all the neighbours sniffing in their beds and getting up to come and join you! Hope you managed to get back to sleep for a while before the man arrives :)
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Back