NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hello All. I didn't get to Sainsburys today but I did swim for an hour so feeling virtuous lol. Hope everybody had a super day.

Hello All. I didn't get to Sainsburys today but I did swim for an hour so feeling virtuous lol. Hope everybody had a super day.
Wow that was a long swim and must be good for u and classes as body magic! I've completed day 4 of my umpteenth restart! Hope u've had a good day too! X

Well I'm late tonight, hope u've all been happy with yourselves today - Doreen is it your birthday 2moro? I did a Linda (Cloudy) today - went for a coffee resisted all the gorgeous cakes - yippee! here's my foodage on day 5.

b: yog and banana
l: bacon, egg ketchup 1 syn, fruit salad
t: SW French onion soup, bread HEB, cheese & onion hash (part HEA) baked beans, HP sauce 1 syn, yog, banana, yog, 10 hazelnuts 3 Syns, choc shot 3 Syns - it's growing on me!
snack: 2 apples, part HEA - ss milk in 1 coffee

Total Syns: 8 Syns

Syns for the week 25/80 remaining

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Nanny Doreen. I hope it's a least a little bit special for you today. Sending lots of love and hugs, because you deserve them and they're calorie free :)
Hope you are well lovely lady :) xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well I'm late tonight, hope u've all been happy with yourselves today - Doreen is it your birthday 2moro? I did a Linda (Cloudy) today - went for a coffee resisted all the gorgeous cakes - yippee! here's my foodage on day 5.

b: yog and banana
l: bacon, egg ketchup 1 syn, fruit salad
t: SW French onion soup, bread HEB, cheese & onion hash (part HEA) baked beans, HP sauce 1 syn, yog, banana, yog, 10 hazelnuts 3 Syns, choc shot 3 Syns - it's growing on me!
snack: 2 apples, part HEA - ss milk in 1 coffee

Total Syns: 8 Syns

Syns for the week 25/80 remaining

Hooray to resisting the cakes! Once you've set your mind and ignored them it makes you feel very proud of yourself, doesn't it? :)
Nice food, hehe re the Choc Shot, at this rate you'll be buying another when it runs out. Mine has lasted ages and ages though, you don't need much to make it look nice and more of a treat :)
You're doing fab this week, I really am so pleased for you. I don't know about you but I'm so much happier when I'm on plan, it really affects my whole mood and attitude. :)
Have you ever tried the fat free quark? That seems like such an indulgent pud as it's so thick and creamy, mixed with an options sachet (or I now buy a jar and use a little less as it's still sweet enough for me and works out cheaper). I love the stuff, and it goes perfectly with fruit, my faves are either the (frozen) cherries, fresh raspberries, fresh apricots or peaches. Mmm yum! If I've got spare syns and feel like it, I also crush a meringue nest and mix that in, put in a pretty glass and it looks lovely. If everyone else is having puds, that's what I have (and they usually all beg a taste too!!)
Keep up your good work, it will feel great for the meet at the weekend knowing you've put in a really good on plan week :) xx

Ive lost another 1lb! So I'm over the moon!
Happy Birthday Nanny Doreen! Hope you have a wonderful day.
:birthday::birthday::birthday::candle1::candle1::candle1::bestwishes::bestwishes:

Ive lost another 1lb! So I'm over the moon!
Happy Birthday Nanny Doreen! Hope you have a wonderful day.
:birthday::birthday::birthday::candle1::candle1::candle1::bestwishes::bestwishes:

well done Mo pleased for u - great to lose esp when u've been away and have been sticking lately! Thinking of you xx

Last edited:
Penblwydd hapus iti!! That's Happy Birthday in Welsh think u've done your celebrating but hope u enjoy your day! Doreenxx

Hooray to resisting the cakes! Once you've set your mind and ignored them it makes you feel very proud of yourself, doesn't it? :)
Nice food, hehe re the Choc Shot, at this rate you'll be buying another when it runs out. Mine has lasted ages and ages though, you don't need much to make it look nice and more of a treat :)
You're doing fab this week, I really am so pleased for you. I don't know about you but I'm so much happier when I'm on plan, it really affects my whole mood and attitude. :)
Have you ever tried the fat free quark? That seems like such an indulgent pud as it's so thick and creamy, mixed with an options sachet (or I now buy a jar and use a little less as it's still sweet enough for me and works out cheaper). I love the stuff, and it goes perfectly with fruit, my faves are either the (frozen) cherries, fresh raspberries, fresh apricots or peaches. Mmm yum! If I've got spare syns and feel like it, I also crush a meringue nest and mix that in, put in a pretty glass and it looks lovely. If everyone else is having puds, that's what I have (and they usually all beg a taste too!!)
Keep up your good work, it will feel great for the meet at the weekend knowing you've put in a really good on plan week :) xx

thx Linda - yes you're so right - I feel soooooo much better on plan, sleep better and need less sleep, do more exercise when on plan too! Also when I'm off plan I eat a lot of the naughties on my own and don't like that! Also find cos I'm eating a fair amount I'm not thinking about food all the time! I can tell I've lost weight but can't face seeing the inevitable gain till Friday!

Love quark as u say it's creamy - I like fat free Greek style too - Morrisons do a plain one in big tub for a £1 so good value - I add vanilla or almond extract (occasionally choc shot!) like u add fresh fruit/frozen berries. I like meringues, jelly, frozen & much stirred yog and nuts too - I agree that presentation is important! Like the saying goes - the first taste is with the eye! You've reminded me that I have jelly in so will make one today! I've made some sundaes too from the SW mag - shd find that - love my pud (not puss as iPad suggested!)

will pop to see u now! Xx

Last edited:
Thank you Upndown and Cloudy for your encouragement. I like the morrisons Greek style yoghurt too. My breakfast is usually strawberries or raspberries with 2 spoonfuls of chia seeds and then topped with the Greek style yoghurt. Yummy. Hope everyone is having a super day.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Hope Doreen's had a lovely b'day and everyone's had a good day! Here's my food on Day 5 of my restart:

b: bacon, egg and ketchup 1 syn
l: leftover onion soup, HEB bread,
s: fruit salad, grapes and a pear
t: leftover cheesy hash, part HEA, baked beans, yog, banana, choc shot 2 Syns, 3 meringues 7 Syns!! sweetened Greek yog, 10 hazelnuts 3 syns

part HEA ss milk in 1 coffee

total syns = 13
weekly syns 38/67 remaining

Thank you Upndown and Cloudy for your encouragement. I like the morrisons Greek style yoghurt too. My breakfast is usually strawberries or raspberries with 2 spoonfuls of chia seeds and then topped with the Greek style yoghurt. Yummy. Hope everyone is having a super day.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

I've always like the Total yogurt but its expensive. I've just got some of the Tesco Finest fat free Greek style yogurt to try, it looks really creamy and thick but not tried it properly yet. Hoping its nice as its quite a big pot.

I've read that chia seeds are full of nutritious stuff even in small amounts - also heard they are good for type 2 diabetes. Love ur graphics - I don't seem to be able to use the graphics on the iPad! :cry:Typical just tried again and it worked but it's temperamental!

Hope Doreen's had a lovely b'day and everyone's had a good day! Here's my food on Day 5 of my restart:

b: bacon, egg and ketchup 1 syn
l: leftover onion soup, HEB bread,
s: fruit salad, grapes and a pear
t: leftover cheesy hash, part HEA, baked beans, yog, banana, choc shot 2 Syns, 3 meringues 7 Syns!! sweetened Greek yog, 10 hazelnuts 3 syns

part HEA ss milk in 1 coffee

total syns = 13
weekly syns 38/67 remaining

You've done well again. Hope my mentioning meringues hasn't started something! lol but you're well within syns, so obviously that's fine. I made another scan bran cake today and had some of that with cherries and quark.... its quite filling but it does make my stomach very noisy lol. Must be all the fibre! :)

You've done well again. Hope my mentioning meringues hasn't started something! lol but you're well within syns, so obviously that's fine. I made another scan bran cake today and had some of that with cherries and quark.... its quite filling but it does make my stomach very noisy lol. Must be all the fibre! :)
Thx - more than I'd like but better than I've been lately - yes ur meringue did remind me I haven't had one in a while so bought some today - eaten 3 so given them to hubby to put in his car boot! When I ask I him to hide tempting foods in the house, I usually stumble upon them! So the car boot's the hidey hole now!

Hope u sleep well, no pain, no motor bikes and no silent phone calls just sweet dreams of u with Minis pals in a restaurant eating salads and everyone at target!

Thx - more than I'd like but better than I've been lately - yes ur meringue did remind me I haven't had one in a while so bought some today - eaten 3 so given them to hubby to put in his car boot! When I ask I him to hide tempting foods in the house, I usually stumble upon them! So the car boot's the hidey hole now!

Hope u sleep well, no pain, no motor bikes and no silent phone calls just sweet dreams of u with Minis pals in a restaurant eating salads and everyone at target!

I think your car boot idea is brilliant! Mine is hopeless at hiding stuff too, just puts it somewhere I'm bound to come across it, like in the cupboard where the hoover is duh.
I'm already getting tired... god, I used to be able to stay up till midnight every night, look at me lately lol, in bed by ten most nights. Like your idea for a dream... I rarely remember dreams but it would be nice :)

Good luck for day six for you :)

Thx - hope u sleep well, I'm off to bed now - early for me but I couldn't get to sleep last night! Xx

Back