NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Your school seem to do well on the fundraising Linda. I was on the PTA for eight years at the village school where my girls went and we all worked very hard at whatever events we put on. We had a lot of fun though and raised a lot for the school, so its worthwhile.
Another good day for you with your food. I've managed another 100% on plan day, whoopee despite making a cake for hubby and daughter, the remaining slices are already wrapped and frozen, so I can't be tempted!

Hope you're all well and having a great week this week. :)

Thx and WOW to your willpower on the cake management! xx

Wow! That's good! Do you find it's the same people helping out though? We keep asking for more help on the PTA but there are rarely any takers. The Year 5's made games and stalls for Children In Need last Friday and managed to raise over eight hundred pounds with that. We used to have huge cake stalls (no good for the likes of us, I know) but, as we're now classed as a 'Healthy Eating' school, we're no longer allowed to sell cakes. Think it's a bit ridiculous, personally, as I don't see how banning cakes completely is promoting a balanced way of eating. Surely it's better to teach the children that to have a treat occasionally is ok. Apart from that, we used to make loads of money from the cake stalls. Oh well - at least I can't be tempted! :D

yes it is usually the same people but this term there's a few more which is great! Yes I agree it's strange to cut out cakes completely cos eaten sensibly they're a treat and raise much needed funds! The children did well to raise that much for children in Need - well done them! Xx

I know - we were really proud of them. :) Think Cloudy's done really well re the cake!!! :D Hoping Doreen's ok. I had a message from her two days ago but haven't heard anything since. Just hope she's chilling after her hectic time with the grandchildren!

Kathy xx

I'm still babysitting atm, it seems to be a long meeting. I'm dying to get home for my tea (your chicken curry in the slow cooker Chocko!) :)

Hope we've all been on plan today ladies!! Cooey to Doreen!

Well a bright and sunny but cool day here - did a bit of gardening and found a rogue pea plant growing and in flower - no chance of peas I guess but had the pea shoots with my salad lunch! Food for the day:

B: magic porage HEB
L: boiled egg salad, beet and pickled onion, pear
t: Chocko's pork and cider casserole 2 syns (I got 6 portions out of it!) with carrots, green beans, Brussels
Syns - Freddo choc 5, foam sweets 5 - so not made up for yest!!

Snacks: apple, satsums
ss milk in 1 coffee - part HEA

We both had Chocko meals, ours was good and yours sounds yummy too :) Forget yesterday now, no point worrying about what's done. You've had great food today. I've still got a few tomatoes left outside somehow!! Must pick them off and let them ripen indoors. :)

I know - we were really proud of them. :) Think Cloudy's done really well re the cake!!! :D Hoping Doreen's ok. I had a message from her two days ago but haven't heard anything since. Just hope she's chilling after her hectic time with the grandchildren!

Kathy xx

Yes Cloudy's doing really well with everything! Like you I'm hoping Doreen is taking a well earned rest! By the way - we've just finished our tea which was the Pork and Cider casserole - xx

Last edited:
We both had Chocko meals, ours was good and yours sounds yummy too :) Forget yesterday now, no point worrying about what's done. You've had great food today. I've still got a few tomatoes left outside somehow!! Must pick them off and let them ripen indoors. :)

Ooh you're back - I was just about to reply to your post about waiting for the long meeting to finish with baby on your lap! Glad meeting finished eventually and you've had your lovely meal - ours went down well with everyone too! xx

Lol baby was at home (our house) with her Mum, we were up the road and round a few corners, minding my grandson, while his Mum was at his school learning about the methods they use to encourage fine motor skills, to aid in learning to write. It was a longer meeting than she thought but very interesting she said. :)

Lol baby was at home (our house) with her Mum, we were up the road and round a few corners, minding my grandson, while his Mum was at his school learning about the methods they use to encourage fine motor skills, to aid in learning to write. It was a longer meeting than she thought but very interesting she said. :)

Ooops wrong location, wrong grandchild, wrong daughter and wrong sex - couldn't have got it more wrong!!

Hello Everybody. You all sound happy and eating some delicious sounding food. I seem to divide my day between shopping, swimming and knitting a gansey. This is my second and it is knit on four needles with the fifth beginning used as the working needle. Lol lol there won't be a third! :party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019:

Hello Everybody. You all sound happy and eating some delicious sounding food. I seem to divide my day between shopping, swimming and knitting a gansey. This is my second and it is knit on four needles with the fifth beginning used as the working needle. Lol lol there won't be a third! :party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019:

Sounds complicated Mo but I guess while your hands are busy you can't be eating. Maybe I should learn to knit!! :) x

That sounds very complicated and I knit but at the moment avoid anything worked in the round or in more than two needles. May change as I get more confident though!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Morning ladies hope everyone's well! Think I need to go and check out chokos thread! Some lovely sounding meals

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Wow - that's sounds like torture! Good to see u and see for ur stats ur not far off ur target weight - well done xcxdone xcx

Morning Everyone - hope Doreen comes out to play today but she may need to recuperate after her busy week!

Hello Everyone. Yes Cloudy the knitting does stop me from eating! Mind you I like watching Masterchef the Professionals and I always end up wanting a snack whether I'm knitting or not lol :party0051::eating:

Morning Everyone - hope Doreen comes out to play today but she may need to recuperate after her busy week!

If I remember correctly (and I don't always) I think Doreen was home at the weekend but then going back to her sons, possibly yesterday? and staying until the weekend again? Could be totally wrong though :rolleyes:

Back