NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

well my day started off well and lunch was on plan - then bingo I was eating everything in sight - i'm going for a good walk 2moro then planning a week's meals - really will try hard to stick to the plan from 2moro xx

Started this early Monday morning when I cdn't sleep and have edited a few times since - hope it makes sense!

Hope ur all ok? Is everyone back on plan today? Hope you've all had a good time? I know Flynn was not too good and Linda was shattered after her visitors - hope they're feeling brighter now.

I had a cold and sore throat so felt a bit yuck one day it didn't spoil things but tired today!

Hubby bought me a tiny electronic scale as one of my pressies cos he kept seeing me struggle with my imperial scales (old fashioned brass ones) weighing cheese hebs and dry rice today etc!

First day (again) trying to get back on plan! here's my food plan for Monday - let's hope I stick to it! Eldest son, his wife and Owen arriving Monday but hope to fit in a walk.

SP Express Day - I think!! I found it ok but felt a bit hungry after all the stuff I've been eating over Christmas!

b: boiled egg and tomatoes
l: 30g red leicester cheese - hea, 1 oatcake 2 syns, apple
t: SW chicken curry, rice - 12.5g dry - 2.25 syns (!) Alpen light half heb
snacks: Alpen light half heb, 2 satsumas, apple, 2 Cadbury's Roses sweets 5 syns
drinks: fruit tea and water
Total syns - 9.25
30 min walk

Right I need to get back to basics - not sure if this day's food follows the new sp express plan 100% but will be delighted if I stick to it and plan to post my food every day again inc:

all snacks
all drinks
use H Extras each day
up to 10 syns a day but up to 15 syns on occasional treat days - max 105 syns a week
have a couple of sp express days a week (or whatever they're called now!)
aim to exercise a minimum of 30 mins - 5 times a week
going to try to weigh every fortnight

pls let me know if I've missed anything I shd be doing! Sorry for the rambling post but really need to get my act together!

Last edited:
My own daughter was exactly same yesterday. Her temperature reached 39c and she was lethargic but gave her some infant paracetmol and it eventually came down but today shes lethargic again and complaining shes dizzy :( Hope they sort flynn out xxx

My own daughter was exactly same yesterday. Her temperature reached 39c and she was lethargic but gave her some infant paracetmol and it eventually came down but today shes lethargic again and complaining shes dizzy :( Hope they sort flynn out xxx
ah hope ur daughter feels better soon tooxx

ooh lot of knickers in twists on the change in plans thread!

can't see what fuss is about myself - think all SW is doing is to refine the plan to help us lose weight easier/faster! but our bodies are still the same so if we're happy with whatever plan we're doing why not stick to it!

But think I'll have a go on the new ee plan - just hope I can stick to it but guess it makes sense if we eat more speed we'll eat less calories and more protein will keep us fuller longer - fingers crossed!xx

can't see what fuss is about myself - think all SW is doing is to refine the plan to help us lose weight easier/faster! but our bodies are still the same so if we're happy with whatever plan we're doing why not stick to it!

But think I'll have a go on the new ee plan - just hope I can stick to it but guess it makes sense if we eat more speed we'll eat less calories and more protein will keep us fuller longer - fingers crossed!xx

Think I may be the culprit lol

Think I may be the culprit lol

no not at all - your posts are well balanced - I genuinely can't see a prob with the new plan - other than getting used to something new.

if we want - we can carry on doing what suits us!

I think SW are just refining things to help us lose weight in a healthy way and speeding it up with lower fat etc - my prob at the mo is sticking to any plan at all!

no not at all - your posts are well balanced - I genuinely can't see a prob with the new plan - other than getting used to something new.

if we want - we can carry on doing what suits us!

I think SW are just refining things to help us lose weight in a healthy way and speeding it up with lower fat etc - my prob at the mo is sticking to any plan at all!

That's the point I was trying to get across lol

Thank you. He has been ok today really, has had Calpol twice today before Mum came home. She has taken him to the walk in clinic -------bet that is packed---------- as this has been going on for 2 weeks now. He is rather scrawny for six and has lost some weight. He really cannot afford to carry on like he is. Mum is hoping for an antibiotic but will be surprised if she gets one for him. Trouble he is pretty much only eating one meal a day. Mum wanted me to take Flynn to Doc earlier but I think it better she and Nik go as they see him all the time.

Will post result later. Hope your daughter feels better soon too. xx

I do agree with you Linda that is for the folks using EE. A little more difficult for those doing red and green. Not so much if have you have done it lots before but we have one or two in our group that I have helped to do the red and green and now they are taking the syns out of the book and off the app for red and green. The consultant knew nothing about them really.
I will continue to help them but anything new comes out they could be stumped.

As you say for the EE plan I don`t see what the `fuss` was all about or even the `excitement` consultants said there was. I have read up on line, but no books yet.

Started this early Monday morning when I cdn't sleep and have edited a few times since - hope it makes sense!

Hope ur all ok? Is everyone back on plan today? Hope you've all had a good time? I know Flynn was not too good and Linda was shattered after her visitors - hope they're feeling brighter now.

I had a cold and sore throat so felt a bit yuck one day it didn't spoil things but tired today!

Hubby bought me a tiny electronic scale as one of my pressies cos he kept seeing me struggle with my imperial scales (old fashioned brass ones) weighing cheese hebs etc!

First day (again) trying to get back on plan! here's my food plan for Monday - let's hope I stick to it! Eldest son, his wife and Owen arriving Monday but hope to fit in a walk.

b: boiled egg and tomatoes
l: 30g red leicester cheese - hea, 1 oatcake 2 syns, apple
t: SW chicken curry, (rice heb on sp express now?) Alpen light half heb
snacks: Alpen light half heb, 2 satsumas
drinks: fruit tea and water
30 min walk

Right I need to get back to basics - not sure if this day's food follows the new sp express plan 100% but will be delighted if I stick to it and plan to post my food every day again inc:

all snacks
all drinks
use H Extras each day
up to 10 syns a day but up to 15 syns on occasional treat days - max 105 syns a week
have a couple of sp express days a week (or whatever they're called now!)
aim to exercise a minimum of 30 mins - 5 times a week
going to try to weigh every fortnight

pls let me know if I've missed anything I shd be doing! Sorry for the rambling post but really need to get my act together!

Will keep an eye each day Linda and give you a little tug if it looks like you have missed anything :rolleyes:

I am feeling a little sick at the moment so am not sure what to have. So will update later.

Oh dear. Now I cannot get onto the SW site. It must know I don`t like changes and is winding me up.:)

She perked up earlier bit now feels dizzy again & is lethargic x her temp is 37c at min so has creeped up a little since earlier xx

Hello Everyone. I hope the children are feeling a bit better. Upndown your plan sounds good to me:)

Hello Everyone. I hope the children are feeling a bit better. Upndown your plan sounds good to me:)
thanks - what's ur plan for 2015 - whatever it is it will include swimming I'm sure! xx

Monday 29th Dec

B; 1/2 Tin spaghetti, 2 eggs 3 bread (2.1/2)
L: 20g red leicester (h/e a)
2 bread 2 bananas (5 syns)
milk (2 syns)
D: Beef, boiled spud processed peas
gravy grans (1syn)
Cookie from Flynn (2.1/2) 2 bananas
Baileys coffee (4.1/2)

16 1/2

She perked up earlier bit now feels dizzy again & is lethargic x her temp is 37c at min so has creeped up a little since earlier xx

Nik & Davina had 15 people in front of them at the call in centre. Doc says Flynn has a slight chest infection so has given him antibiotics - now what do I know??

Last edited:
thanks - what's ur plan for 2015 - whatever it is it will include swimming I'm sure! xx

My plan is to try and get on minis every day and put down everything. If I cannot get on I can put it on my fone protemp. I am really going to try and plan ahead at least a day or two. The new sw planner gives the opportunity to do this. I know I get caught out sometimes coming to Haverhill but I usually have a couple of main part of meals in freezer, so that should help. I did good today and only had one cookie.
That in itself is a milestone.
:nono:

Also when say sorting the dried washing I will take it upstairs as they are ready and not put piles at the bottom of the stairs and try to take it up all at once. Something I have recently started to do is when watching TV, which I do a lot of, I will get up in the adverts and move around a bit to stop the stiffness I have started getting.

Any other suggestions - apart from too much walking.

Back