NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Morning all - know Linda Cloud won't around much today but hope her day goes well - Doreen what are ur plans? Are u feeling up for an on plan day?

Very cold again but bright here - no snow thank goodness altho yesterday's hail is still frozen on the ground.

My food plan for the day:

b: toast, marmite, pear
l: egg, cherry toms, celery, pickled onions, grated carrot
d: braised beef casserole, carrots, cabbage, celery, brussels
exercise 30 mins
fruit tea, water

Morning all - know Linda Cloud won't around much today but hope her day goes well - Doreen what are ur plans? Are u feeling up for an on plan day?

Very cold again but bright here - no snow thank goodness altho yesterday's hail is still frozen on the ground.

My food plan for the day:

b: toast, marmite, pear
l: egg, cherry toms, celery, pickled onions, grated carrot
d: braised beef casserole, carrots, cabbage, celery, brussels
exercise 30 mins
fruit tea, water

I am definitely up for a day on plan. BUT NOT HAPPY WITH THE SCALES AGAIN.

I had eggs & mushrooms on 2 toast for breakfast. No lunch yet. Roasted veg & chicken for dinner. Then jelly, raspberries & yogurt,

We had snow overnight, only about 2 cms. Roads were already clear by the time I had to take car in to check the breaks. Lots of traffic though as a problem on the M25 causes problems where I am.
Hospital tomorrow for my eyes, dentist Thursday then off to Haverhill after that till Sunday.

Hope we don`t get anymore snow. Looks nice but not good for driving.

Was up really early so gonna have a nap now.

Enjoy rest of your day xx

I had eggs & mushrooms on 2 toast for breakfast. No lunch yet. Roasted veg & chicken for dinner. Then jelly, raspberries & yogurt,

We had snow overnight, only about 2 cms. Roads were already clear by the time I had to take car in to check the breaks. Lots of traffic though as a problem on the M25 causes problems where I am.
Hospital tomorrow for my eyes, dentist Thursday then off to Haverhill after that till Sunday.

We got a weather warning out for snow & ice frm 6pm today right through to Thursday :( Love the stuff but recently its not be the sort you can do ought in lol

We had snow overnight but not much on roads at 6.30am but then started snowing thick and hard, big flakes and settled very quickly. Only for about an hour so was mostly gone again by the time we went out.

Enjoyed our day out and Millie was a little angel. Managed good food, hooray.
You've got lots on Doreen so hope being busy helps, it does me. X

Evening, acc and all you other ladies. Hope everyone's had a good day. :) I'm back on track again now Amy, my daughter, has gone back to Aberdeen. Missing her already though. Still, thank goodness for phones!

Hope everything goes well tomorrow, Doreen and also on Thursday, at the dentist.

Not been in long, as we had a meeting after school, with the Head, to discuss whether we want our school to become an academy or not. To be honest, it was a waste of time because, apparently, within about the next three years, even if we vote 'No', the Government is going to force the issue anyway! So, what can we mere mortals do about it?! :)

Very chilly here in Staffordshire but, no more snow, thank goodness!

Kathy xx

A busy week then Doreen! Strange ur scales aren't smiling at u - ur food 's been good?! I think our weight fluctuates tho -water rention etc I suppose? But it is disheartening isn't it?

Hope ur nap revived u? Hope ur eye appt goes well - at least u have an early appointment and u can go straight to the nurse - let us know how u get on. Same goes for dentist too

Lovely to see the children so soon again - but hope it doesn't tire u out!xx

Evening, acc and all you other ladies. Hope everyone's had a good day. :) I'm back on track again now Amy, my daughter, has gone back to Aberdeen. Missing her already though. Still, thank goodness for phones!

Hope everything goes well tomorrow, Doreen and also on Thursday, at the dentist.

Not been in long, as we had a meeting after school, with the Head, to discuss whether we want our school to become an academy or not. To be honest, it was a waste of time because, apparently, within about the next three years, even if we vote 'No', the Government is going to force the issue anyway! So, what can we mere mortals do about it?! :)

Kathy xx

Nice for u to have ur daughter over but we miss them when they go don't we? Gosh turning primary schools into Acadamies eh? sounds American to me? Seems as if Govt is keen to go ahead tho?

We got a weather warning out for snow & ice frm 6pm today right through to Thursday :( Love the stuff but recently its not be the sort you can do ought in lol
brrrrrr ..... cold yet bright here too - soup's handy this weather eh? hope ur ok?xx

Last edited:
We had snow overnight but not much on roads at 6.30am but then started snowing thick and hard, big flakes and settled very quickly. Only for about an hour so was mostly gone again by the time we went out.

Enjoyed our day out and Millie was a little angel. Managed good food, hooray.
You've got lots on Doreen so hope being busy helps, it does me. X

Oh I mistakenly thought u had a funeral day today - u must have thought I was going bonkers offering commiserations and saying u had a sad day (well u wdn't be wrong tbh!!)

Glad Millie was good too and esp pleased to read ur food is back on track - well done for sorting that out so quickly xx

Kathy xx

I know what you mean about thank goodness for phones these days, mobiles do make it so much easier to keep in touch, not just with calls but texts, emails and photos, they make all the difference in feeling properly 'in touch'. Glad it gives you the chance to be back on track though, before things run away with you. A bit of freedom in eating is nice but sometimes, its good to feel that you are in control, don't you think? I know I prefer it that way.

Isn't it frustrating when despite thinking you have the 'choice', you'll all be pushing into what the Government <currently> think best anyway?

All our snow soon went too and to be honest, I'd prefer it if there wasn't any more at all but they are still forecasting it I think, unless its changed. Stay warm xx

Edit: just had heb's worth of brazil nuts and slice of melon - off to bed now - night, night!

My food plan for the day changed a fair but still kept things low - hope everyone's had a good on plan day:

brunch: SW broccoli soup, chicken leg, mango
d: SW braised beef casserole, carrots, cabbage, brussels, apple
fruit tea, water

Last edited:
Oh I mistakenly thought u had a funeral day today - u must have thought I was going bonkers offering commiserations and saying u had a sad day (well u wdn't be wrong tbh!!)

Glad Millie was good too and esp pleased to read ur food is back on track - well done for sorting that out so quickly xx

Hehe, no, the funeral is Thursday and today was a day for three generations of friends (not that the babies have much choice lol) to go out and catch up, it was lovely to see them all.
You aren't bonkers... its easy to get confused on here and I'm Queen of Confuddlement, so its nice to have decent company :D

Getting the cramps and discomfort from totm now, yuk and could do without that on Thursday but hey ho, the good thing, as you say, is I've knocked the binge on the head and continuing on plan. :rolleyes:

How's your day been then? You've not posted up foodage yet have you? I keep missing posts as have been hopping between here and my phone, while hubby borrowed my laptop for a while. Need to check back. xx

Monday 2nd February.

hexa milk. 2 bread
B: 1 pear coffee
L: large portion bns/carrot soup. banana
S: banana coffee
D: 3 sausages (3 syns) 250g spud. carrots broccoli and processed
peas.
Jelly/raspberries/yogurt (1.1/2)

1 slice corned beef (1syn)

5.1/2 syns

A great day Doreen - missed this somehow yesterday!xx

My food plan for the day chaned a fair but still kept things low - hope everyone's had a good on plan day:

brunch: SW broccoli soup, chicken leg, mango
d: SW braised beef casserole, carrots, cabbage, brussels, apple
fruit tea, water

Aha, and there it is... good food too. You're on a roll this week, keep on rolling downhill all the way to a loss on those scales! :)

Hehe, no, the funeral is Thursday and today was a day for three generations of friends (not that the babies have much choice lol) to go out and catch up, it was lovely to see them all.
You aren't bonkers... its easy to get confused on here and I'm Queen of Confuddlement, so its nice to have decent company :D

Getting the cramps and discomfort from totm now, yuk and could do without that on Thursday but hey ho, the good thing, as you say, is I've knocked the binge on the head and continuing on plan. :rolleyes:

How's your day been then? You've not posted up foodage yet have you? I keep missing posts as have been hopping between here and my phone, while hubby borrowed my laptop for a while. Need to check back. xx

Another similarity then eh! I remember u mentioning the 3 generation meet and glad u all had a good time!

Boo to totm - my day's been busy but managed to stick to my new rules, altho not with the food I'd planned cos didn't fancy it when it came to prepare it. I've just posted my food. Hope u have a peaceful night xx

Last edited:
Aha, and there it is... good food too. You're on a roll this week, keep on rolling downhill all the way to a loss on those scales! :)

Thx - never sure how long I'll last b4 I'll upndown again - but will try my best again 2moro - I'm amazed I'm not hungry tho' - weird really xx

Thx - never sure how long I'll last b4 I'll upndown again - but will try my best again 2moro - I'm amazed I'm not hungry tho' - weird really xx

Oh I'm with you on not understanding that.... sometimes I've eaten very little yet not hungry at all, yet other times seem to have had loads but could still eat for England, just weird. Definitely prefer the former but seem to suffer the latter far too often :sigh:

Oh I'm with you on not understanding that.... sometimes I've eaten very little yet not hungry at all, yet other times seem to have had loads but could still eat for England, just weird. Definitely prefer the former but seem to suffer the latter far too often :sigh:

Another thing we share! I think the hunger thing is hormonal!xx

Back