NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Welcome, Leslay! Good to have you with us! :) Think we all need a kick in the rear from time to time. :S

Loving the graphics, Linda! :) Was going to ask how you get them on but, knowing my capacity for technology, I won't bother! Hope you've had a good day and hope re-joining SW goes well tomorrow. xx

Lol - it's not hard - when you create or reply to a post - you'll see a 'bar' above the text box - just past halfway along towards the right you'll see a yellow 'happy' face - if you click on that - you'll find all the grapics - just click on the one you fancy and it'll appear on your message where you'd left the cursor xx

Hello lovely ladies hope ur well today. X

Yes all ok in upndown land! How's your first day gone? Will pop over in a mo - if Poppy gives me a chance!xx

thank you upanddown. I have been a member of minimins for years but neva really used it to its full ability. I plan on doing that from now on in. its great to have this to be able to bounce ideas off of people and people to give us a kick in the rear when needed:rolleyes: I don't have all the answers either, I maybe sometimes think I do, but I no I don't;) haha. x
Yes Minis is great - I wd have given up a long time ago either in a class or on my own! Good luck but no ass kicking here - just lots of support and any tips/idea we've found useful on our journeys which have been learnt the hard way!!xx

Coo-ee Doreen - hope all's well?? Popped in to say hello - hope you're enjoying yourself whatever you're doing - take care xxx

Hi - here's my food - up to now I've kept things low after yesterday!! Here's how it went:

RED Day to allow myself 2 hebs!

B: berries, 35g oats heb, ff yog
L: fruit salad, chewy delight heb
D: lamb steak, stir fry (cabbage, bean sprouts, peppers, broccoli) sweet chilli sauce - 1 syn?
Syns - 11 - chunky kit kat plus 1 above - thought they were more than that but bought these from a pound shop - 3 in a pack - that's how much they were! A Freddo just wdn't do today!! Hubby had one - but Poppy didn't want hers so it's going in hubby's car boot plus a few other evening treats I bought today to help me stay on track!

Drinks: fruit teas, water, diet drink

No exercise today!

Hope everyone's on plan and smiling - if not I'm proof positive you can get back on plan a never ending number of times!! Will report on SW class 2moro xx

loads of great ideas for me to start my journey again. subscribing x

Welcome from me too.... I don't say much as I'm quiet, shy and not very chatty* as the others will confirm but hope your restart goes well. :)

*blatant lies!

Thank u - yes ur right on all counts - it helps that u pointed that out - as they say - there's none so blind as those that will not see!

1. It cd have been worse!
2. I do feel I'm in no-man's land whilst waiting for SW class!
3. I want the lowest starting poss!

Daft I know - but me all over! Will try my very best today! xx

Oh I have my blind spots, believe me :rolleyes:

Well the day is all but over, unless you sneak down for midnight snacks, so SW group here she comes! I hope you land a fantastic consultant and meet some good supportive people at group too. Will you be staying for the talk bit too, it seems to be a good thing from what I've read.
You're not daft! Well, no dafter than me or the rest of us here :p

Seriously, really hope it gets off to a flying start for you and waiting here to cheer you on (and pick up any great tips you rediscover!) xx

Oh I have my blind spots, believe me :rolleyes:

Well the day is all but over, unless you sneak down for midnight snacks, so SW group here she comes! I hope you land a fantastic consultant and meet some good supportive people at group too. Will you be staying for the talk bit too, it seems to be a good thing from what I've read.
You're not daft! Well, no dafter than me or the rest of us here :p

Seriously, really hope it gets off to a flying start for you and waiting here to cheer you on (and pick up any great tips you rediscover!) xx

Yes in my pj's now so hopefully that's it for the day! yes I will stay to the group session and will be happy to pass any tips on - esp if they explain how to lose a stone in a week! xx

Monday 23rd February

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: bns/pepper soup 2 bread (5 syns)
L: 2 bananas and a biscuit..(2.1/2 syns)
D: 2 chicken thighs with roasted parsnip, toms, courgette,
Supper banana sandwich (5 syns)

Syns total 12/1\2

Late posting, am back in Haverhill due to problem with school run

Don't worry too much, acc. I was REALLY bad yesterday, so much so I'm not going to weigh myself today because I know it'll make me feel totally dis-heartened. Went out with a work colleague to a tearoom, of all places. Well, as you can imagine, things went downhill as soon as we crossed the threshold AND I even brought cake home for tea!! I've nowhere near the willpower of Linda and Doreen! :D

Oh, well. Tomorrow's another day (for both of us), as 'they' say. Today actually - I've got to be good!!! Good luck to you too, acc. :)

Kathy x

Oh Kathy, I have got my head in a better place although I fight each week to keep weight off. I have been doing it for years but have not got the 11lb off I put on 5 years ago when visiting NZ. 4lbs more to go to get there. I will do it. I do find it is what is in my head that helps.

Well altho I stayed on plan - I felt hungry all day and by evening I was on the chomp! (my phrase for looking for nice food!) I had a few hot flushes so I blame the hormones! Today - I seem less food focussed and no hot flushes!

Hope everyone's having a good day xx

I don`t think I can blame my chomping on hormones anymore - can I?

Speaking for this Linda (not sure which one u meant!) yes there are times when I'm in control but plenty of times when I'm not!

Proof positive of that is that last July I was 5 or 6 pounds off target - our summer hol plus loads of messing about means I'm now 11 pounds off goal - 7 months later (and that's not counting any London gain cos I'm too chicken to face the scales yet!)

That's why I've decided to go back to SW on Tuesday! Hope u have an on plan day today xx

Good luck on it Linda. I hope you find it helpful again, I do know if I didn`t go I would be back to the weight I was years ago. If it costs me £5 per week then that I can swallow.

I do it from home but am an on-line member. To be honest, when I went to class (which I've done twice, losing 3 stones each time and stupidly put it back on again), if I was going out, the thought of being weighed in class was still not enough to deter the self-sabotage if I went out! :D The thing that put me off going to class too was, even when I'd been totally good, if I hadn't lost or even put on, it'd make me feel completely disheartened so that's why I thought I'd just do it at home this time. I think my biggest failing is not having any proper dessert. There's only so much yoghurt and fruit I can take! I know you can have Synned chocolate/cakes, etc., but, once I start, I can't stop so I'd rather do without!

I thought, what with doing my recipe thread, I'd be able to source quite a few dessert recipes but still haven't come across many. :(

Good luck with re-starting at class, Linda. :) xx

I don`t like to go to class and put on but of coursr I have been doing that on and off for years. I no longer miss qa class because I know I have put on as that defeats the object to me. My charts is rather like the old switch back ride for the last 5 years, but if I had not kept on going I would have been where I was in 1994 - 25stones.

Oh no! Really sorry to hear you had a bad start to the day! Just glad it improved as the day went on. Let's hope tomorrow is better all the way through, although with a visit to the dentist again ........ Good luck with that, anyway. :) xx

The dentist this time was to pick up some new teeth. Nothing awful. Although they will need adjusting when I get back home again.

loads of great ideas for me to start my journey again. subscribing x

Welcome :welcome2: It is great to have you on board Leslay.

Our leader Doreen will soon be here to welcome you leslay - in the meantime - welcome from me - glad to have you on board - think we're all re-starters here but as you'll see we don't have all the answers - hope you'll enjoy the ride!xx

Bumpy though it may be sometimes. We are all here to help each other.

Welcome from me too.... I don't say much as I'm quiet, shy and not very chatty* as the others will confirm but hope your restart goes well. :)

*blatant lies!

Oooh Cloudy, yu lickle liar, xxxxx:rolleyes:

Well, was absent yesterday due to yet another trip to Haverhill to help out --- that is where one of my Sons live with grand kids Leslay, you will see Haverhill refered to often.== Kept to plan but will get weighed late Friday when I get home, there is a class at 11.30 done by my Consultant.
Am looking after Flynn as he had a bad earache. So much for my really lazy day. Catch you all again later. Have a good day.

Hi - here's my food - up to now I've kept things low after yesterday!! Here's how it went:

RED Day to allow myself 2 hebs!

B: berries, 35g oats heb, ff yog
L: fruit salad, chewy delight heb
D: lamb steak, stir fry (cabbage, bean sprouts, peppers, broccoli) sweet chilli sauce - 1 syn?
Syns - 11 - chunky kit kat plus 1 above - thought they were more than that but bought these from a pound shop - 3 in a pack - that's how much they were! A Freddo just wdn't do today!! Hubby had one - but Poppy didn't want hers so it's going in hubby's car boot plus a few other evening treats I bought today to help me stay on track!

Drinks: fruit teas, water, diet drink

No exercise today!

Hope everyone's on plan and smiling - if not I'm proof positive you can get back on plan a never ending number of times!! Will report on SW class 2moro xx

I used to love red & green days. Being as I am on this roast veg kick, I may give it another try - although I think I am having rice tonight. By the way Linda you can have 2 a`s as well. You can have cheese for that.

thank you upanddown. I have been a member of minimins for years but neva really used it to its full ability. I plan on doing that from now on in. its great to have this to be able to bounce ideas off of people and people to give us a kick in the rear when needed:rolleyes: I don't have all the answers either, I maybe sometimes think I do, but I no I don't;) haha. x

Hi again Leslay. Do you go to a SW class or do it at home or online. If you decide to keep a diary let us know if you are going to start one of your own or are going to put it on here.

Upndown calls me Leader because originally I used this thread just to post my food. We then joined others who don`t post now. Upndown and I came back here to put our food on as she had not started one of her own.
We really are friends now so please feel free to join us.

Wishing you lots of good luck on your journey. I hope yours does not become as long as mine, but you do meet friends along the way, both on here and in slimming class.

:grouphugg:Time for a group hug.xx

Just a quickie to let u know how SW class went - put on 2.5 since pre London so not too bad - good vibe in class and consultant very understanding to those who are struggling. Hope she can do where I and others have failed - getting me to target! Will pop back on later! xx

Just a quickie to let u know how SW class went - put on 2.5 since pre London so not too bad - good vibe in class and consultant very understanding to those who are struggling. Hope she can do where I and others have failed - getting me to target! Will pop back on later! xx

2.5 isn't bad, you'll have that off in to time! I'm jealous of your trip to London, I went for the first time in Dec for my birthday and didn't want to come home!!x

Yes, love London too. So much to do and see.

Tink's right, Linda - that isn't a bad gain, all things considered and at least you've joined a group now so things could be on the up (apart from the weight, of course!).

Loving the group hug, Doreen and I should think Leslay is feeling very welcome after that! :D xx

Only just seen you are back in Haverhill AGAIN, Doreen! You might as well move there for good! :D As you said - so much for your really lazy day! :) xx

Just having a quick look in to see how my twinny Linda got on. I'm Linda too, just to explain to Leslay - we're both Linda's and quite similar in age and lots of other things, not least our tendency to stray off plan :rolleyes:. Unfortunately she's up in North Wales and I'm down in Surrey, so we haven't (yet) actually met up :cry:

Can see that group seems to have started well, so that is the first step and reckon you'll be reaching out to get to target soon Linda :)
Oh dear Doreen, so much for getting some rest and having a bit of time to yourself but I know you're always willing to go and help out. Hope its not for too long or too strenuous. Remind me.... how far is it from yours to Haverhill?

Only just home from Mum and Dads so can't stay online now but will pop back this evening. xx

Just having a quick look in to see how my twinny Linda got on. I'm Linda too, just to explain to Leslay - we're both Linda's and quite similar in age and lots of other things, not least our tendency to stray off plan :rolleyes:. Unfortunately she's up in North Wales and I'm down in Surrey, so we haven't (yet) actually met up :cry:

Can see that group seems to have started well, so that is the first step and reckon you'll be reaching out to get to target soon Linda :)
Oh dear Doreen, so much for getting some rest and having a bit of time to yourself but I know you're always willing to go and help out. Hope its not for too long or too strenuous. Remind me.... how far is it from yours to Haverhill?

Only just home from Mum and Dads so can't stay online now but will pop back this evening. xx

Haverhill is 60miles from my house. A good half of it on M25 and M11. It takes an hour almost exactly.

Back