NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

UPDATED MY FOOD AND BITS OF NEWS IN BOLD!

I'm posting early as we're off out shortly - hubby's mother was 85 this week and we've planned a small tea party for her at her house - so know there'll be lots of temptation! There may also be an awkward atmosphere - hubby is one of six children - all married - over the years there's been ill feeling between several of them - hubby and I have steered clear of it all but even that has been criticised! No tension - one family didn't turn up! Lots of lovely tempting food but stuck to my guns with SW friendly foods!

Then after that hubby and I are going to the cinema to see 'The Second Marigold Hotel' we loved the first film so hope this one's good too - problem is that I associate the cinema with choc, ice cream etc!! Took fruit salad and 3 pink & white biscuits and a bottle of water - film was really good!

More temptation this morning as hubby made some bread - he doesn't cook often but found some bread mixes in the cupboard that were going out of date! I WILL ONLY have 60g I PROMISE! ​Stuck to my promise!

Here's my food plan - hoping it won't change too much:

brunch: 2 laughing Cow lights part hea, 60g of hubby's bread heb - v nice btw! green salad and kiwi fruit, pear and ff yog
tea: chicken salad and fruit salad and ff yog
snacks: fruit salad, 3 pink and white marshmallow wafer biscuits 7.5 syns

Drinks: fruit tea, water, couple of coffees with a dash of ss milk - part hea

30 mins exercise workout

Hope your aches subside, Doreen. Nothing worse than strolling around slowly and just standing, looking at things, to make you ache like mad. Glad Flynn enjoyed it though. :)

Hope you can enjoy the tea-party, Linda, without any tensions. Family, eh?! xx

Yes thx - party went fine - whew! xx

Sunday 8th March

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 1/2 tin baked beans with 10g low cheese (1.1/2) and 2 eggs 2 toast Coffee.

Coffee at zoo with sugar (2)

L: BNS/red pepper soup

S: 2 bananas coffee

D: Lasagne. Frozen fruit & sweetner. coffee

Pasta, courgette, bns, carrot, onion, pasatta, tom puree. 5% minced beef
Macoroni cheese blitzed with yogurt as cheese sauce.
Topped with 60 g of lf cheese.

Cheese 8 syns
macoroni cheese 6 syns
14 syns. 4 portions (3.1/2syns each)

Total 7 syns

A great day with low syns - well done xx

Hi Linda. Enjoy the birthday with Ma-in-law. Hope tension not too bad.
Good on your taking some food for you, sometimes it is the only way. But my goodness home made bread, to die for. My son used to make quite a lot, but not at present.

I haven`t seen the the film you are going to or the first one. Good idea to take some fruit with you, the ice cream and popcorn are so hard to resist.

Hope the day goes ok.

I was going to weigh myself this morning but cooked egg & bacon breakfast for Davina and Flynn had bacon and toast so I had mine too & forgot to weigh. Probably just as well. I don`t have any regrets about the food & drink day I had as I enjoyed it. I do hope I still have no regrets come Friday.

Went to the local zoo with Flynn for 2.1/2 hrs with Flynn this morning before Mum picked up Faye and drove home. My goodness I ache now, lots of walking and standing for that long nearly had me on my knees, Flynn really loved it though so that makes it worthwhile. Just as well we were not up the for the usual 5 hrs.

Decided have a quick catch up before settling down with some home made soup and maybe even a nap

Will try and come back on later.

Maybe best u didn't weigh - I'm still regretting my Boots WI!! glad u had a nice time at the zoo but sorry to hear about ur aches and pains - hope u benefit from some rest.

No tension - everyone on best behaviour but one family didn't come - hubby's brother & his family - he's fine but his wife and one of his daughters are pretty tetchy and sometimes kick off so they weren't really missed - sad really.

Film was really good - can recommend both - good acting, interesting story, funny in parts and lovely locations/photography.

Think I will make some soup 2moro! Night, Night! xx

Morning ladies. Well done Nanny D on keeping your Syns low to catch up. Control is good

Glad to read party went ok and no awkwardness Linda. We're having a family get together next weekend for my parents Diamond Wedding anniversary and never really know how it will go with my sis, bil and nephew, they can create issues. We'll see.
You've had The Willpower these last few days, so fingers are very firmly crossed for you at group wi. Really hope those Boots scales were wrong. Xx

I'm finding it really hard to get back on plan but felt very uncomfortable yesterday and didn't like the fat feeling so need to.
I wish I could feel the excited enthusiasm of starting afresh but it's not happening. Guess I'll have to settle for dogged planning and hope the willpower comes with seeing scales going down.

Hope you all have a happy Monday xx

Morning ladies. Well done Nanny D on keeping your Syns low to catch up. Control is good

Glad to read party went ok and no awkwardness Linda. We're having a family get together next weekend for my parents Diamond Wedding anniversary and never really know how it will go with my sis, bil and nephew, they can create issues. We'll see.
You've had The Willpower these last few days, so fingers are very firmly crossed for you at group wi. Really hope those Boots scales were wrong. Xx

I'm finding it really hard to get back on plan but felt very uncomfortable yesterday and didn't like the fat feeling so need to.
I wish I could feel the excited enthusiasm of starting afresh but it's not happening. Guess I'll have to settle for dogged planning and hope the willpower comes with seeing scales going down.

Hope you all have a happy Monday xx

Hi - really good to hear from you - I'm sure lots of us know to our cost how hard it is to get back on the wagon after a break - for me too - long gone are the days when I feel enthusiastic on day 1 of yet another restart!

What keeps me on track (well sort of!) is more the fear of gaining even more weight when I'm already unhappy with my size, concerns for my health plus I don't like the feeling of being out of control.

Hope u can find the time and motivation to keep posting your feelings and food on your read - you know you have lots of support from your regular visitors! Sending hugs xxx

Lovely to hear from you again, Cloudy Linda. Sorry you're feeling demotivated. I know what you mean though - it's so hard! Like Linda said though, it'd be good to pop on here once in a while, even if it's just for a good old moan. :) Hope things improve for you really soon. xx

Wow, Linda (upndown)! You have such amazing control atm! Well done for sticking to your SW foods and glad there were no tensions to deal with. Have a good day.

Hope you're feeling rested and less achy today, Doreen. Put your feet up a bit, if your social life allows! xx

Hi - really good to hear from you - I'm sure lots of us know to our cost how hard it is to get back on the wagon after a break - for me too - long gone are the days when I feel enthusiastic on day 1 of yet another restart!

What keeps me on track (well sort of!) is more the fear of gaining even more weight when I'm already unhappy with my size, concerns for my health plus I don't like the feeling of being out of control.

Hope u can find the time and motivation to keep posting your feelings and food on your read - you know you have lots of support from your regular visitors! Sending hugs xxx

Yes, I know you have said you've had many restarts and I think that is why this time you decided to return to group, to see if that helps. I guess its too early to say if that approach sorts it for you but you do seem to have more willpower at the moment. I think after so many years of various diets, regains... it is in my head that I'll not make it to or stay at target so it is fighting that negativity as well as the daily eating habits.
I'm definitely worried by just how quick it is to pile on the lbs again after taking so long to lose the last stone.... so yes, I agree, it is the fear of regain that is making me want to get cracking again. I can't use what has been going on in life to as an excuse or I'll be back at my previous weight and I really can't bear that thought.

Lovely to hear from you again, Cloudy Linda. Sorry you're feeling demotivated. I know what you mean though - it's so hard! Like Linda said though, it'd be good to pop on here once in a while, even if it's just for a good old moan. :) Hope things improve for you really soon. xx

Wow, Linda (upndown)! You have such amazing control atm! Well done for sticking to your SW foods and glad there were no tensions to deal with. Have a good day.

Hope you're feeling rested and less achy today, Doreen. Put your feet up a bit, if your social life allows! xx

I do really miss the daily goings on of my friends on Mins.... its addictive in a good way but recently there just hasn't been the time or energy. All I want to do in the evenings is collapse into bed and maybe read my Kindle as that helps me stop thinking about other things. There have been a few more setbacks over the last few days, for my daughter but I think her move will now go ahead, its just timing and details.

Linda upndown has been really good, hasn't she and that gives me a boost too. Its good to read of my Mins friends successes, even while not having any losses myself. I have tried to have a quick read on my phone when I can but don't really like replying on there, its too fiddly and small screen.

Hope Doreen and yourself are having good days Chocko... I guess you're back at work now. I'll be going on your diary later this evening to look for some new recipes. :)

Thanks Kathy - yes I'm doing ok at the mo but how long will it last with upndown me!xx

Yes, I know you have said you've had many restarts and I think that is why this time you decided to return to group, to see if that helps. I guess its too early to say if that approach sorts it for you but you do seem to have more willpower at the moment. I think after so many years of various diets, regains... it is in my head that I'll not make it to or stay at target so it is fighting that negativity as well as the daily eating habits.
I'm definitely worried by just how quick it is to pile on the lbs again after taking so long to lose the last stone.... so yes, I agree, it is the fear of regain that is making me want to get cracking again. I can't use what has been going on in life to as an excuse or I'll be back at my previous weight and I really can't bear that thought.

I do really miss the daily goings on of my friends on Mins.... its addictive in a good way but recently there just hasn't been the time or energy. All I want to do in the evenings is collapse into bed and maybe read my Kindle as that helps me stop thinking about other things. There have been a few more setbacks over the last few days, for my daughter but I think her move will now go ahead, its just timing and details.

Linda upndown has been really good, hasn't she and that gives me a boost too. Its good to read of my Mins friends successes, even while not having any losses myself. I have tried to have a quick read on my phone when I can but don't really like replying on there, its too fiddly and small screen.

Hope Doreen and yourself are having good days Chocko... I guess you're back at work now. I'll be going on your diary later this evening to look for some new recipes. :)

Sorry to hear there have been more setbacks - but good to hear you think the move will go ahead - but the uncertainty must be very unsettling for you all.

Yes I relate to all your feelings on diet/weight Linda - hopefully you'll manage to take things one day at a time (an old cliche I know but true!) You've done so well - even getting the family to eat SW (yes like here they also have lovely extras!) And you will get there again I'm sure - and you know you have everyone's support.

Wdn't it be great if we could all have a good SW run together - and get ready for some summer outfits! xx

Last edited:
Sorry to hear there have been more setbacks - but good to hear you think the move will go ahead - but the uncertainty must be very unsettling for you all.

Yes I relate to all your feelings on diet/weight Linda - hopefully you'll manage to take things one day at a time (an old cliche I know but true!) You've done so well - even getting the family to eat SW (yes like here they also have lovely extras!) And you will get there again I'm sure - and you know you have everyone's support.

Wdn't it be great if we could all have a good SW run together - and get ready for some summer outfits! xx

Thanks Linda.... yes I'll do my best to have a good run with you, you may have to drag me along behind you though ;-)
Doing ok so far today... literally doing one meal at a time and ticking it off. xx

I was really sorry to hear about the problems your daughter is experiencing, Linda but glad to hear the move should now be going ahead. Such a headache for you all. It doesn't matter how old they are, whatever upsets them, really hurts us too, doesn't it? Let's hope things are now on the up. xx

I did weigh this morning and had of course gone up but I cannot remember what it was. I popped t5o Lidl this morning, had a phone call from a friend and visited her on way home for coffee and chat. Got in had some soup and promptly slept in the chair for 4 hours. Now 6.20 and feel quite refreshed but will I sleep tonight. .

It is lovely to hear from you Linda Cloudy. I understand what you mean also about starting again. Not much fun. I agree with Linda Upndown I am pretty scared about putting on weight and having to lose it again. My day was so lovely Friday but I don`t feel too bad about trying to cut down again this week.
You having the worry of the situation with your daughter sounds really stressful and so difficult to stick to any sort of plan under those circumstances. I do hope it is resolved very soon. I think your premise of one meal at a time is a good idea. I do hope it helps. Best wishes to you Cloudy xxx

Linda Upndown good that the tea for MIL was more tension free thsn you expected. You did so well to stick to SW and to take the fruit salad & pinks to the cinema was such a good idea. Bottle of water too as when you buy ciet drinks at the cinema they are so expensive.. Glad you enjoyed the film. How did you stick to 60g of freshly cooked bread :eek: I know, you promised your mini friends that you would. :)
Good luck for weigh in tomorrow, I also hope the Boots scales were wrong too.

I do feel less achy today thanks Kathy. When I popped to the town to get some bits of food I parked in Lidl and had to do some walking to get to the other shops to look around and it was not too bad. I slept so well last night I think that helped. Had planned a walk to the cafe this afternoon but as I say above I fell asleep.
As hard as it is sometimes I do miss the children when they go home but after having company here from Thursday I am glad of my own space again. Funny really a year or more before now I used to hate being on my own.

Last edited:
Monday 9th March

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: xtra slice. (2.5) 2 eggs, mushrooms, tinned spaghetti 2 cheese triangles (2)
while visiting had a sugar low. 2 rich T fingers (2)
L: BNS/red pepper soup 2 bananas Yogurt
D: 70g dry. Chilli con carni with kidney beans, onion, pasatta.
Followed by 2 or 3 satsumas.

That will be 6.5 syns for today.

Thanks Linda.... yes I'll do my best to have a good run with you, you may have to drag me along behind you though ;-)
Doing ok so far today... literally doing one meal at a time and ticking it off. xx

Reckon that's the best way to it - one meal at a time - slowly, slowly, catchy monkey............... ;) xx

I did weigh this morning and had of course gone up but I cannot remember what it was. I popped t5o Lidl this morning, had a phone call from a friend and visited her on way home for coffee and chat. Got in had some soup and promptly slept in the chair for 4 hours. Now 6.20 and feel quite refreshed but will I sleep tonight. .

It is lovely to hear from you Linda Cloudy. I understand what you mean also about starting again. Not much fun. I agree with Linda Upndown I am pretty scared about putting on weight and having to lose it again. My day was so lovely Friday but I don`t feel too bad about trying to cut down again this week.
You having the worry of the situation with your daughter sounds really stressful and so difficult to stick to any sort of plan under those circumstances. I do hope it is resolved very soon. I think your premise of one meal at a time is a good idea. I do hope it helps. Best wishes to you Cloudy xxx

Linda Upndown good that the tea for MIL was more tension free thsn you expected. You did so well to stick to SW and to take the fruit salad & pinks to the cinema was such a good idea. Bottle of water too as when you buy ciet drinks at the cinema they are so expensive.. Glad you enjoyed the film. How did you stick to 60g of freshly cooked bread :eek: I know, you promised your mini friends that you would. :)

I do feel less achy today thanks Kathy. When I popped to the town to get some bits of food I parked in Lidl and had to do some walking to get to the other shops to look around and it was not too bad. I slept so well last night I think that helped. Had planned a walk to the cafe this afternoon but as I say above I fell asleep.
As hard as it is sometimes I do miss the children when they go home but after having company here from Thursday I am glad of my own space again. Funny really a year or more before now I used to hate being on my own.

We are definitely very strange creatures, aren't we, Doreen?! :D Glad you slept this afternoon. You obviously needed it. Like you say, just hope you sleep tonight now. You should be ok though, what with the walking around today, on top of everything you did with Flynn. Hope so anyway. xx

Monday 9th March

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: xtra slice. (2.5) 2 eggs, mushrooms, tinned spaghetti 2 cheese triangles (2)
while visiting had a sugar low. 2 rich T fingers (2)
L: BNS/red pepper soup 2 bananas Yogurt
D: 70g dry. Chilli con carni with kidney beans, onion, pasatta.
Followed by 2 or 3 satsumas.

That will be 6.5 syns for today.

Fab day Doreen - well done xx

Well I'm sure you'll lose that gain if you carry on with your low days Doreen - you're doing well with pulling back after a few treats ;) Yes I was chuffed to stop at 60g of the bread - as well as my promise to you all - the thought of Boots scales being corrected helped me from scoffing the lot lol!

Glad ur aching less today and that you had a good sleep - it is tiring looking little ones! But u managed to get some exercise in too! Yes nice to have some me time as well as family fun!! xx

Ooops - nearly forgot to post my food!

No b'fast - wasn't hungry and with WI 2moro - wanted to keep things low!
L: smoked mackerel with big green salad with a tiny bit of coleslaw mixed in 2 syns? fruit salad and ff yog
D: same as lunch (fish needed eating!) so 2 more syns

Snack: Chewy D - heb, Pink & White wafer biscuit 2 syns, Weight Watcher Oat & choc biscuit 2 syns - really good Mmmm...

Drinks - lots fruit tea!

Total syns - 8 - higher than I wanted but wd prefer to have measured treats :rolleyes: than bigger meals but we shall see if that worked 2moro - but know more free and speed foods wd have been better/healthier! xx

I love those pink & whites but they come in a pack of 5 and I don`t have that much willpower.

I had my reduced measure of rice with my chilli today 70g. Did not seem much to me. Maybe next time I will have something extra with it. Maybe some broccoli.

It is 12 past midnight and I am hungry. Not too tired but think I should go to bed.

Night.

I love those pink & whites but they come in a pack of 5 and I don`t have that much willpower.

I had my reduced measure of rice with my chilli today 70g. Did not seem much to me. Maybe next time I will have something extra with it. Maybe some broccoli.

It is 12 past midnight and I am hungry. Not too tired but think I should go to bed.

Night.

Hope weigh in went well Twinny xx

Doreen, I always have a tiny portion of rice and a big portion of shredded lettuce with my chilli x

Just a quickie to let u know I'm going to sue Boots for stress LOL! I lost 2.5lbs so pleased!! Going to have my full 15 syn allowance today then back to lower syns for the rest of the week (I hope)!!

Hope everyone's well and on plan - will pop in later to catch up on diaries xx

Back