NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Just a quickie to let u know I'm going to sue Boots for stress LOL! I lost 2.5lbs so pleased!! Going to have my full 15 syn allowance today then back to lower syns for the rest of the week (I hope)!!

Hope everyone's well and on plan - will pop in later to catch up on diaries xx

I am so over the moon for you Linda. No more weighing in Boots. I bet you are so pleased. Well done Linda.

I am so over the moon for you Linda. No more weighing in Boots. I bet you are so pleased. Well done Linda.

Thanks Doreen - yes very pleased - tho I couldn't really see why I wd have had such a big gain.

Cos I'd been away and eating out - I was beginning to wonder if I'd really miscalculated the syns and Boots scales were right about the 6lb gain!!xx

Brilliant, Linda!! Wahoo! Makes you feel so much more determined too, doesn't it, when you have a significant loss? So pleased for you. Enjoy your 15 Syns! :)

Hope your day goes well everyone! xx

So so so pleased they were wrong.

Thanks again - yes it's great!

My food plan for the day:

B: hi fi bar - heb, banana
L: 60g bread - heb, bacon, egg, green salad, tsp coleslaw 1.5 syns, ketchup 1 syn, 2 Yummy WW biscuits 2.5 syns
D: Lamb steak, carrots, broccoli, sprouts, 125g oven chips 9.5 syns

Snacks: if any - fruit

Drinks: 2 coffees with skimmed milk, fruit teas, water

Brilliant, Linda!! Wahoo! Makes you feel so much more determined too, doesn't it, when you have a significant loss? So pleased for you. Enjoy your 15 Syns! :)

Hope your day goes well everyone! xx

Thanks Kathy - yes I'm pleased! Hope you're having a good day? xx

Thanks - and definitely no more weighing at Boots - but feel sorry for people who rely on those scales to gauge their weight loss! xx

I am feeling a bit strange at the moment. I had a fruit tea a couple of hours ago and my head hurts at the base where it joins my neck, I do hope it is not that my body does not like them. It feels very uncomfortable.
I have bought some of this tea hoping to drink some instead of coffee all day so I can use some of my A for a little cheese instead of a milk.
Gonna put my head down on the sofa and rest it a bit.

I really feel as though I my body is not going to tolerate them.

Last edited:
Oh dear! Sorry to hear that, Doreen and really hope the lie down improves things. Sounds very strange. Big hugs. xx

Hope you soon feel better Nanny D and it wasn't the tea xx

Oh dear! Sorry to hear that, Doreen and really hope the lie down improves things. Sounds very strange. Big hugs. xx

Thank you both,. I still feel a bit heady. I hope it wasn`t the tea too Kathy. It does feel like a reaction. Perhaps a nights sleep will help.
Then I will try the fruit tea again. I have never had a problem with them before.

I am going to watch Holby City then bed.

Todays food.

Tuesday 10th March

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, 1 bacon, mushrooms 2 bread.
L: bns/red pepper soup. banana & fruit tea.
S: ham sarnie with triangle cheese (6)
D: Lasagne
as Sunday .(3 1/2) BNS chips sliced spuds & tomatoes on side.
Banana, satsumas & yogurt

9.5 syns total

Todays food.

Tuesday 10th March

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, 1 bacon, mushrooms 2 bread.
L: bns/red pepper soup. banana & fruit tea.
S: ham sarnie with triangle cheese (6)
D: Lasagne
as Sunday .(3 1/2) BNS chips sliced spuds & tomatoes on side.
Banana, satsumas & yogurt

9.5 syns total

Mmmm..... tasty food combined with a saintly amount of syns - great day Doreen xx

Well done Linda! So very pleased to read that. Boo to the Boots scales worrying you needlessly xx

Thx - but that'll teach me stick to SW weigh-ins! xx

I am feeling a bit strange at the moment. I had a fruit tea a couple of hours ago and my head hurts at the base where it joins my neck, I do hope it is not that my body does not like them. It feels very uncomfortable.
I have bought some of this tea hoping to drink some instead of coffee all day so I can use some of my A for a little cheese instead of a milk.
Gonna put my head down on the sofa and rest it a bit.

I really feel as though I am body is not going to tolerate them.

Sorry to hear you're feeling unwell - hope it's not the fruit tea - handy to use some HEAs for cheese - hope you feel better after a rest. xx

Decided that in future WI day is not a 'invisible' day anymore - as you know some weeks I indulge myself on that day. Today I have had generous syns and will go back to 10 or less for the rest of the week - hope I can keep that up - old habits die hard :rolleyes:

Here's my food: RED DAY - TUES 10/3/15

L: bacon and egg sandwich - 60g bread - heb, ketchup 1 syn, half tsp coleslaw mixed with white vinegar into green salad, 1 syn, 2 Weight Watcher biscuits 2.25 syns

D: lamb steak, 94g oven chips 7.25 syns, half a baked potato (hubby had the same as me so we shared a potato but he had a few more chips!) 10g grated Parmesan - half hea - I was surprised this was plenty for the potato!! tsp half coleslaw 1.5 syn? green salad dressed as above, 2 Weight Watcher biscuits 2.25 syns

Drinks: fruit teas, water, dash skimmed milk in 2 coffees

TOTAL SYNS: 15.25 syns out of 70

Last edited:
Decided that in future WI day is not a 'invisible' day anymore - as you know some weeks I indulge myself on that day. Today I have had generous syns and will go back to 10 or less for the rest of the week - hope I can keep that up - old habits die hard :rolleyes:

Here's my food: RED DAY

L: bacon and egg sandwich - 60g bread - heb, ketchup 1 syn, half tsp coleslaw mixed with white vinegar into green salad, 1 syn, 2 Weight Watcher biscuits 2.25 syns

D: lamb steak, 94g oven chips 7.25 syns, half a baked potato (hubby had the same as me so we shared a potato but he had a few more chips!) 10g grated Parmesan - half hea - I was surprised this was plenty for the potato!! tsp half coleslaw 1.5 syn? green salad dressed as above, 2 Weight Watcher biscuits 2.25 syns

Drinks: fruit teas, water, dash skimmed milk in 2 coffees

TOTAL SYNS: 15.25 syns

Hi Linda. Invisible weigh days do not work do they,. I am finding that out this week.
Your food sounds locely and only a smidgen over, well done.
I am having half of my A as cheese today. I have weighed the milk I am allowed.
Don`t forget on red 2 a`s and 2 b`s,

I must admit I have not really looked at what hex you had. My head is still not feeling good - I went back to bed after breakfast then a workman woke me at 10.30. So have had a shower and washed up, just a quick tidy round and will go out in the fresh air and see if that helps. Don`t reckon it was the tea, lasting too long,
Have had a couple of painkillers and will take a water pill. Excess water in my head makes me feel like this too.

Let you know later how I am going. Keep going lovely lady for a good day today. xx

Back