NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

mmmmmm jacket potato!
Now i want one of those!

might just get through what i have in the house first!!

Morning ladies. Feeling a bit better today. Have docs appt at 11.20.
Just had magic porridge and raspberries, first dairy or fruit I've had for few days, so hope that's ok.

I try to avoid the biscuit aisle too! Though it's hubby's favourite
Good luck for today all xx

I've had a good day - I met up with Ann (Liverbird52 who used to be acc on here), Sam (sammyanth) and Kathryn (*miss-k*) at Cheshire Oaks - an outlet shopping centre - more chatting than shopping! Here's how the food went:

b: boiled egg, tangerine & apple
l: chilli and baked potato at spud u like - big portion so I didn't eat all mine - counted it as no syn but ? ;)
d: salmon, salad, half tsp coleslaw - 1 syn? mixed with white vinegar mixed into salad, beetroot, mango

snacks: freddo 5 syns, 2 apples, hi fi bar - heb, banana

drinks: fruit teas, water, coffee - dash milk, options hot choc drink - with dash milk 2 syns

Total syns - 8 - more than I intended after yest - so will try again 2moro! But won't be able to match Doreen's big far zero! xx

Whoops - make that - TOTAL SYNS 10 Just remembered I had 2 slices of chorizo whilst making my eve meal duh! that's 25.25 syns in 2 days - and I thought I was doing so well! So keeping them v low today! xx

Total syns - 25.25 out of 70

Last edited:
Morning ladies. Feeling a bit better today. Have docs appt at 11.20.
Just had magic porridge and raspberries, first dairy or fruit I've had for few days, so hope that's ok.

I try to avoid the biscuit aisle too! Though it's hubby's favourite 
Good luck for today all xx

Glad ur feeling better - and appt goes well. Yes biccies can be very dangerous little monkeys can't they?! xx

BICCIES. Went down the aisle to look for WW biscuits. The only ones they had was a pkt of Milk Chocolate Digestives. Ok 2 for 2.1/2 syns will be ok. I bought them. These are not in little packs of 2 but they are 2 SYNS EACH. They are going to my neighbour. RIGHT NOW.

Done. She says I am silly but she will never understand. She comes from the Philippines and they are all slim. Anyway she took them off of me.

I have weighed myself and am still suffering from last Friday.

2 days syns in 2 days is ok. Just cut down a bit now. It is good when we remember what we ate though so we know where we are.

Last edited:
That's what the syns are there for :D xx I try avoiding the naughty aisles lol xx

Thursday 12th March

hexa milk175ml /cheese 2 triangles
hexb 2 bread

B: 2 toast, 2 eggs mushrooms, 2 coffee
L: 2 bananas, 2 triangle cheeses lite h/e and raspberries
D: Pork loin chop, leek, broccoli, courgette, mushroom, soy sauce, ribbon pasta,
Mini phily pot lightest. (2.1/2 syns)
Satsumas. Frozen cherries & sweetner

2.1/2 syns

Fruit teas.

Will go to bed early if nec. Rather not eat when I get up than before I go to bed.
Weighin at 9.15am

Thanks Kathy, feeling good today. I did take a water pill 2 days running - not usual - also have taken some painkillers. Who knows. Have not tried that particular tea again yet, but did try a different flavourl

The WW biscuits are usually available in Tesco, at least they used to be, I don`t go down the biscuit aisle. I am going to Tesco today, will have a look and let you know. Ah! do you have a Tesco is more to the point.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Doreen. :) Maybe it'll be one of those things which remain a mystery!

Yes, we have a big Tesco quite close by and thanks for offering to take a look for me. Hope going down the biscuit aisle hasn't tempted you though. I'd feel awful if you sabotage your weight loss on a mission for me!! :S Just went in Home Bargains for some tea bags and had a look in there (much cheaper tea bags than in the big supermarkets). They had some WW's things but not the biscuits. I blame Linda, for getting me started on this!! :D xx

Should have looked through all the posts before I replied to your earlier one, Doreen! Then I would have noticed you braved the biscuit aisle on my behalf and came out mainly unscathed - well, now you've handed the contraband biscuits over to your neighbour anyway! Thank-you so much for making such a risky diversion from your normal shopping route around Tesco's for me. :) You're a star! Well, looks like Pound Shop, here I come! :) Good luck with your WI tomorrow. You deserve to have lost something, you've tried so hard. Fingers crossed. xx

Been out most of the day - good to catch up with you all - think I'm going to try to do a couple of low days a week - here's today's effort - had eve meal at 8.00 so was a bit hungry by then:

THURSDAY 12 MARCH 2015

brunch: smoked mackerel, green salad S, cucumber S, cherry toms S, mango and a satsuma S
d: quorn chilli inc the all important speed - onions, toms, herbs! (with green salad as above and a tiny bit of rice)
EDIT: the chilli was fab but very hot - so had some sweetened kwark (the kew key not working on laptop!) with berries with one of my WW biscs - crushed on top!

snacks: pink & white bisc 2.5 syns, apple, hi fi bar - heb, WW biscuits 2.25 syns

drinks: fruit teas, 2 diet drinks, couple of coffees - milk part hea

SYNS - 4.75

TOTAL SYNS - 30 out of 70

Last edited:
Well done on passing over those biscuits Doreen, that's a good move because the little blighters have a habit of jumping out of the cupboard and into our mouths when we least expect it and are at our most vulnerable.
Your food has been great today, so good luck for weigh in tomorrow. I'll be weighing tomorrow as well. I know I'm up overall on my 'lowest' weight but hope I'm down this week, particularly due to having a stomach bug for three days. Though I know sometimes that can cause the body to hang on to water and then you gain, so keeping my fingers crossed. What will be, will be. xx

Been out most of the day - good to catch up with you all - think I'm going to try to do a couple of low days a week - here's today's effort - had eve meal at 8.00 so was a bit hungry by then:

brunch: smoked mackerel, green salad S, cucumber S, cherry toms S, mango and a satsuma S
d: quorn chilli inc the all important speed - onions, toms, herbs! (with green salad as above and a tiny bit of rice)

snacks: pink & white bisc 2.5 syns, apple, hi fi bar - heb, WW biscuits 2.25 syns

drinks: fruit teas, 2 diet drinks, couple of coffees - milk part hea

TOTAL SYNS - 4.75

I wish I liked smoked mackerel but its just too strong a fishy flavour for me. I have however, after all these years, found that I do actually like mango, where I've always thought (from the smell) that I didn't like it. Lucy had bought one for Millie and I tried a piece once cut up, yummy! They're expensive though, aren't they?!!
Anyway, sorry, I'm rambling.... you've had loads of speed foods today and very light on syns, I'm impressed Twinny :).

BICCIES. Went down the aisle to look for WW biscuits. The only ones they had was a pkt of Milk Chocolate Digestives. Ok 2 for 2.1/2 syns will be ok. I bought them. These are not in little packs of 2 but they are 2 SYNS EACH. They are going to my neighbour. RIGHT NOW.

Done. She says I am silly but she will never understand. She comes from the Philippines and they are all slim. Anyway she took them off of me.

I have weighed myself and am still suffering from last Friday.

2 days syns in 2 days is ok. Just cut down a bit now. It is good when we remember what we ate though so we know where we are.

Oh no I hope I haven't started something with those WW biscuits!! Know what you mean about slim people not understanding about our need to linit certain foods!! Oh I do hope you get at least a tiny loss - you've done well to cut right back - I'll be thinking of you!!xx

Thursday 12th March

hexa milk175ml /cheese 2 triangles
hexb 2 bread

B: 2 toast, 2 eggs mushrooms, 2 coffee
L: 2 bananas, 2 triangle cheeses lite h/e and raspberries
D: Pork loin chop, leek, broccoli, courgette, mushroom, soy sauce, ribbon pasta,
Mini phily pot lightest. (2.1/2 syns)
Satsumas. Frozen cherries & sweetner

2.1/2 syns

Fruit teas.

Will go to bed early if nec. Rather not eat when I get up than before I go to bed.
Weighin at 9.15am

Another great low syn day - hope you slept well and good luck with WIxx

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Doreen. :) Maybe it'll be one of those things which remain a mystery!

Yes, we have a big Tesco quite close by and thanks for offering to take a look for me. Hope going down the biscuit aisle hasn't tempted you though. I'd feel awful if you sabotage your weight loss on a mission for me!! :S Just went in Home Bargains for some tea bags and had a look in there (much cheaper tea bags than in the big supermarkets). They had some WW's things but not the biscuits. I blame Linda, for getting me started on this!! :D xx

Oh blimey I have started something haven't I?!

Well done on passing over those biscuits Doreen, that's a good move because the little blighters have a habit of jumping out of the cupboard and into our mouths when we least expect it and are at our most vulnerable.
Your food has been great today, so good luck for weigh in tomorrow. I'll be weighing tomorrow as well. I know I'm up overall on my 'lowest' weight but hope I'm down this week, particularly due to having a stomach bug for three days. Though I know sometimes that can cause the body to hang on to water and then you gain, so keeping my fingers crossed. What will be, will be. xx

I hope your WI is what you expect - you've got back in the groove now - so hopefully you'll be rewarded for that (plus the bug!) 2moro - good luck xx

I wish I liked smoked mackerel but its just too strong a fishy flavour for me. I have however, after all these years, found that I do actually like mango, where I've always thought (from the smell) that I didn't like it. Lucy had bought one for Millie and I tried a piece once cut up, yummy! They're expensive though, aren't they?!!
Anyway, sorry, I'm rambling.... you've had loads of speed foods today and very light on syns, I'm impressed Twinny :).

Know what you mean about smoked mackerel - I have to be in the mood for it! Glad you've discovered mango - yes it can be expensive - I buy it from Aldi or Lidl and it's usually 89p - and enough for a few days or longer if in a fruit salad - keeps well in fridge.

Love to hear a ramble and ramble myself so please carry on! Yes trying to have more speed - but I keep mixing the 'old' SW which is familiar to me - with the revised SW which isn't - plus I like bananas, mangoes, grapes etc which have never been speed!xx

Ooh roll on our Lidl reopening in April then.... the one we got was £1.50 but it was fairly big. I know what you mean about mixing the old and new, I've still not really got to grips, despite reading up, on either the old or the new lol, I just do extra easy most of the time with a nod to the S foods in preference if I can. I can't give up bananas! lol, must be the monkey in me ;)

Bangs head but still can't remember... remind me if you're weighing on Mondays now or Tuesdays? (I need to write it down in permanent marker!) :rolleyes:

Oh well. I put on 1/2lb. Could have been much worse. Reckon I will think before I have another day like Friday. My scales at the beginning of the week said 3.1/2 on.

Oh well. I put on 1/2lb. Could have been much worse. Reckon I will think before I have another day like Friday. My scales at the beginning of the week said 3.1/2 on.

As you say it cd have been a lot worse Doreen - and you turned that 3.5 gain round really well - so u did well there!

hope ur ok with that and going for a good loss this week? Keep posting if u feel ur going to eat naughties! xxx

Yes Linda it could have been worse.

I am in Haverhill from Monday nest week until Friday however when at class today they had a form called SAS. I have got one to photocopy so I can have one for everyday. One a day on the fridge so everything I eat can go down immediately or best before eaten. It has different headings i.e. did you know syns before eating. was it measured, etc etc. I think it will be useful while I am away because of the good cupboard and biscuits around.

I had a bit of a scare this morning when I got home,. I got a parking ticket for not parking between the lines on the 4th Feb. Pay £25 within 28days or pay £50. I paid the £20,

The letter I got this morning said I had not paid so now pay £50.:eek: Checked bank account and £25 had not come out in Feb. :eek: I must have forgot.

Eventually got in touch with a lovely lady by the name of Helen --- I cried to her ---- "I cannot afford £50"
She checked and nothing had been paid so would check with somebody else.
She came back to me and said the fine had been cancelled because the guy who put the ticket on the car had been mistaken. He had not but never mind. I should have not received the letter today and they are going to send one to say it had been squashed.

It seems I had gone through their automated service to pay but they cancelled it because not needing to be payed. I KNEW I HAD. I REALLY DID NOT THINK THEY WOULD BELIEVE ME.

My God why did they not send me a proper letter earlier. Little shts. Grrrrr

ALL`S WELL THAT ENDS WELL.

Yes Linda it could have been worse.

I am in Haverhill from Monday nest week until Friday however when at class today they had a form called SAS. I have got one to photocopy so I can have one for everyday. One a day on the fridge so everything I eat can go down immediately or best before eaten. It has different headings i.e. did you know syns before eating. was it measured, etc etc. I think it will be useful while I am away because of the good cupboard and biscuits around.

I had a bit of a scare this morning when I got home,. I got a parking ticket for not parking between the lines on the 4th Feb. Pay £25 within 28days or pay £50. I paid the £20,

The letter I got this morning said I had not paid so now pay £50.:eek: Checked bank account and £25 had not come out in Feb. :eek: I must have forgot.

Eventually got in touch with a lovely lady by the name of Helen --- I cried to her ---- "I cannot afford £50"
She checked and nothing had been paid so would check with somebody else.
She came back to me and said the fine had been cancelled because the guy who put the ticket on the car had been mistaken. He had not but never mind. I should have not received the letter today and they are going to send one to say it had been squashed.

It seems I had gone through their automated service to pay but they cancelled it because not needing to be payed. I KNEW I HAD. I REALLY DID NOT THINK THEY WOULD BELIEVE ME.

My God why did they not send me a proper letter earlier. Little shts. Grrrrr

ALL`S WELL THAT ENDS WELL.

Oh blimey Doreen - what a pain - these flipping parking fines are and some of these automated systems are too!As you say why didn't they send you a letter explaining situation and why did the second letter need to be sent double grrrrrr!!

Well at least u got it sorted in the end - I hope that doesn't have u ruuning to ur neighbour asking for those biscuits back! xx

Back